GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no punishment good enough for this man. nothing. :(

Even if the insanity plea is overturned, the max it looks like he will serve is only 15 years. :behindbar:confused: WTF is wrong with the government over there? Someone like this should NEVER see the light of day again. His daughter was temp. blinded when she saw daylight for the first time in 24 years. He deserves worse that was he did to her. :furious:

European Union laws, if you really want to know.

I can't sleep at night thinking about all this, yet I keep coming back for more details. OMG it's beyond disturbing!!!!!! I try to put myself in their situation and think of how things must have been.....it's horrific and I'm probably not even close! :eek::eek:

Honestly they need to put him in the same spot his daughter has been for the past 24 years.....let him spend the rest of his life as she has lived for so long....I think thats a fair punishment...Insane or not....it would be justice!!

Honestly they need to put him in the same spot his daughter has been for the past 24 years.....let him spend the rest of his life as she has lived for so long....I think thats a fair punishment...Insane or not....it would be justice!!

I am with ya on that!!!!!

Fritzl's lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, said: "In my personal opinion, Josef Fritzl is mentally ill and therefore not responsible for his actions."

This is such crap. Obviously he is mentally ill. You would have to have serious mental problems to do this to other human beings. But mental illness should not negate responsibility. And the admission that has such mental problems should mean that he automatically gets locked up for life, not the piddly 15 years they're talking about now.

I think the best punishment for him would for him to lose all control and be humiliated. They'd have to really study what are his "red button" issues and then push them. He seems to relish the TV attention. Take the dang TV away from him! Except to let him hear how people find him to be an old, sick, pervert.

This is such crap. Obviously he is mentally ill. You would have to have serious mental problems to do this to other human beings. But mental illness should not negate responsibility. And the admission that has such mental problems should mean that he automatically gets locked up for life, not the piddly 15 years they're talking about now.

Oh, I agree with you! He obviously knew that this was WRONG and went to great pains to HIDE what he was doing.

golfmom--- EXACTLY!!!! i was just saying this to someone last night.
this is the *key element* of knowing right from wrong. if you 'had no idea' that you were doing something WRONG.... then you would NOT go to such incredible lengths to HIDE your actions from people and cover them up.

and as for the laws over there... why do they protect criminals so much???

I haven't been following this case closely but have read a couple of articles. Have they looked at the other children/grandchildren for abuse? Esp. the 18 year old girl?

Does anyone know what ages the upstairs children were when they were brought upstairs?

Does anyone know what the reasoning was for leaving some children downstairs and taking some upstairs?

I haven't been following this case closely but have read a couple of articles. Have they looked at the other children/grandchildren for abuse? Esp. the 18 year old girl?

Does anyone know what ages the upstairs children were when they were brought upstairs?

Does anyone know what the reasoning was for leaving some children downstairs and taking some upstairs?

I have read two different reasons for taking the later children upstairs:
First I read that they were "crybabies" ( apparently this is the Austrian term for colicky infants) so could not remain downstairs, for fear of detection.

More recently, I read that there was no room at that time for more children.

As to other molestations, I have conjectured that the 18 year old was likely molested, possibly impregnated.

Just such an awful and evil case, and so well thought out.
If they let this monster off for insanity, then I guess they never should have had the Nuremberg trials, for crimes against humanity....those were also monstrous, evil and psychopathic crimes as well!!!

Hi Mysteriew .. :)

According to a *timeline report* that aired on CNN last night - the *surviving twin* that Elisabeth gave birth to "arrived on Fritzl's doorstep" as a 1 year old. A baby girl. The twins were in the middle of the birth order of 7 births.

There was also an amazing computer generated diagram of the underground basement areas - how it was all laid out - how Fritzl accessed the hidden area behind the bookcase - the double steel doors - the living area of the prisoners. There were also actual pictures of those areas. CNN. I'm sure it will be repeated many times today.

ETA: "Server Too Busy - Try Again". Hard to stay connected or post today.

Rum Tum

"Years before Elisabeth was imprisoned in the basement dungeon of the family home in Amstetten, Austria, her mother Rosemarie took her teenage siblings Rosemarie Jnr and Ulrike on a sunfilled vacation in Italy in the mid-1970s.

While her mother and sisters sunbathed and enjoyed boat trips in the Mediterranean, Elisabeth - who was aged around 10 at the time of the vacation - was stuck at home with father Josef."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=564159&in_page_id=1811

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,551451,00.html

more background on how he did it, more on one of the lucky 'upstairs" children

"On the happiest day of her life, little Lisa was lying in a cardboard box in front of a house door in Amstetten in Lower Austria. She weighed only 5.5 kilograms (12 lbs.) and was 61 centimeters (24 inches) tall. The only other thing in the box was a letter. There was no envelope and no return address, just the signature of "Elisabeth," a daughter who had disappeared. "Dear parents," she wrote in her delicate, feminine handwriting, "I am leaving you my little daughter Lisa. Take good care of my little girl."

From Times Online

May 5, 2008 Officers investigating the Josef Fritzl incest and sexual abuse case revealed yesterday that he started building the underground dungeon in which he imprisoned his daughter six years before her incarceration began .
Speaking to The Times at a press conference today, Colonel Franz Polzer said that Mr Fritzl had planned the imprisoning and sexual abuse of his Elisabeth in astonishing detail.
“Fritzl acted with premeditation when he began building the underground cellar of his home in 1978,” he said.
“We assume he had already selected his daughter Elisabeth who was to become a prisoner of the concrete dungeon. more at link:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3876396.ece

Just read that the oldest daughter who is in a coma has been upgraded to stable condition.

"She has become more stable, but despite that we have to continue to keep her under sedation and give her respiratory help," Reiter said, noting it is not clear how long she will be kept under sedation."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/05/05/austria.incest/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107
Back