Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
concernedperson said:
I agree, Otto. His first plan failed and/or his plan was feeble. It took him several months to get his resolve up again.

O/T but this reminds me so much of Scott Peterson. I believe he was attempting to get Laci to abort very early on and that plan failed too.

I think in the Peterson case, Scott wanted to get rid of the baby. I agree that Scott wanted to stop the pregnancy any way he could. In this case, I see money as the motive and Michelle as the target. I think Jason figured he could handle Cassidy on his own, but he didn't want another baby to raise as well.

otto said:
I think in the Peterson case, Scott wanted to get rid of the baby. I agree that Scott wanted to stop the pregnancy any way he could. In this case, I see money as the motive and Michelle as the target. I think Jason figured he could handle Cassidy on his own, but he didn't want another baby to raise as well.

Yes, he did but there was also insurance money on Laci.

IMO they both acted on getting rid of two birds with one stone. Both acted out their scheme within 1 year of the first attempts. Both stood to receive insurance monies. JY has parents who would raise Cassidy while he "works".

In any case both are extremely selfish and evil.

otto said:
I think that this murder was planned in advance. Jason may have decided to strangle Michelle to unconsciousness and then beat her to a pulp, or he may have wanted to strangle her but that didn't work so he took whatever was near by and beat her with that. If the plan was to beat her, the I think he would have brought a weapon with him. Tire irons can be purchased used at junk yards or new at various automotive supply shops.

Given that the insurance policy is from the month prior to the car accident, I think Jason has had murder on his mind for quite some time.
I agree with you otto. The timing of the insurance policy one month before that "accident" speaks volumes especially the coincidence of getting her to reach into the back seat while at the same time the car goes off the road ~ while he's driving.

concernedperson said:
Yes, he did but there was also insurance money on Laci.

IMO they both acted on getting rid of two birds with one stone. Both acted out their scheme within 1 year of the first attempts. Both stood to receive insurance monies. JY has parents who would raise Cassidy while he "works".

In any case both are extremely selfish and evil.
I see so many similarities between the two cases~ affair, insurance, rid themselves of both the wife and child and both are sociopaths.

panthera said:
Depending on his reaction to alcohol that's quite possible with the rage that was shown in this murder.

I'm still trying to figure out the "rage" which allowed him to murder Michelle.
Yes, I've read about all these mental disorders & followed the SP case religiously but this is what compels me to keep following these types of cases.

I have to think that Michelle threatened divorce and that she would take Cassidy. I believe like others that he really loved that little girl. I also agree that since he was the only boy in the family & possibly raised by his mother he was comfortable with females and that he didn't want a son - too much of a competition? Still figuring....

otto said:
Given that the insurance policy is from the month prior to the car accident, I think Jason has had murder on his mind for quite some time.

Yup. Me too Otto! (Glad to see you here again!) :)

concernedperson said:
O/T but this reminds me so much of Scott Peterson. I believe he was attempting to get Laci to abort very early on and that plan failed too.

Yup! Agree with you too! :)

jilly said:
I'm still trying to figure out the "rage" which allowed him to murder Michelle.
Yes, I've read about all these mental disorders & followed the SP case religiously but this is what compels me to keep following these types of cases.

I have to think that Michelle threatened divorce and that she would take Cassidy. I believe like others that he really loved that little girl. I also agree that since he was the only boy in the family & possibly raised by his mother he was comfortable with females and that he didn't want a son - too much of a competition? Still figuring....
I would speculate that they had an argument or an ongoing argument escalated to the point that she threatened divorce, etc. and that he had planned to strangle her but she fought him and that enraged him into beating her to death.

jilly said:
Yup. Me too Otto! (Glad to see you here again!) :)

Been awfully busy, but noticed the autopsy report and couldn't resist. I think the rage is an interesting point. I don't know if you read through the Porco case, but there appears to be an awful lot of rage with beating his father 16 times with an axe and his mother unknown times but at least until her eye was hanging out and her lower jaw was resting on her chest. This was done by a quiet, helpful, passive 21 year old. We seem to hear over and over again about quiet, helpful, polite people that commit the most horrific, violent crimes. There is no other way to understand it except to identify these people as high reasoning sociopaths. The key to their personality is that they don't feel emotions. They seem to have a task to do: murder, and they accomplish the task. What we see as horrific, they see as necessary to accomplish the task. Then they carry on like nothing happened, emulating learned or imitated emotional responses to everyday events.

This is outside of the topic, but I really wonder if sociopaths dream. Dreams are related to emotions, but without emotions, is it just a dark sleep?

:laugh:
packerdog said:
OH my, look what i missed! Charlie choking himself, Concernedperson examining the fireplace poker and getting soot on her, please nobody hit themself in the head with a maglite!

Well, we really do get into these cases a bit much!
Congratulations RC and Love Mama! Great news :)

BarnGoddess said:
<snip>
Let's say he was leaving because of being found out in an affair. Harsh words were spoken. He was leaving, but his anger was out of control. One of those, "I'll show her" things. He grabbed something and then confronted her again.

This brings to mind that perhaps he hadn't left the Raleigh area just yet. Maybe driving around stewing. Went back to the house later. Then drove to Virginia.

Just thinking on this. Any opinions?
BarnGoddess,

I really hate to say this but I think there was definitely an argument, and I definitely think that Michelle told him something he did not want to hear. Upon saying this, I believe the first event was he punched her in the mouth and this started everything else. I think she may well have struck back and with authority - and that totally sent him over the edge. JMO

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

packerdog said:
OH my, look what i missed! Charlie choking himself, Concernedperson examining the fireplace poker and getting soot on her, please nobody hit themself in the head with a maglite!

Which brings up another thought...did they have a wood burning fireplace or gas? The tools that the gas fireplace that I have has the tools next to it, but are polished brass, no need to move around the logs. If she was hit with the poker and it had soot on it, she would have soot on her.

raisincharlie said:
BarnGoddess,

I really hate to say this but I think there was definitely an argument, and I definitely think that Michelle told him something he did not want to hear. Upon saying this, I believe the first event was he punched her in the mouth and this started everything else. I think she may well have struck back and with authority - and that totally sent him over the edge. JMO
this works for me-- I think she was out, on the floor, and he continued to hit the back of her head- and with what I think of him, if she did strike back, as you state, with authority-- it really p----ed him off

raisincharlie said:
... I think there was definitely an argument, and I definitely think that Michelle told him something he did not want to hear. Upon saying this, I believe the first event was he punched her in the mouth and this started everything else. I think she may well have struck back and with authority - and that totally sent him over the edge. JMO
I think that the murder was premeditated, especially after finding out when the large life insurance policy was taken out on Michelle. IMO, the car accident was no accident. He was trying to kill her. It didn't work. So, he moved on to Plan B.

nanandjim said:
I think that the murder was premeditated, especially after finding out when the large life insurance policy was taken out on Michelle. IMO, the car accident was no accident. He was trying to kill her. It didn't work. So, he moved on to Plan B.

I agree. I think it was premeditated and that the out of town business meeting was all part of the alibi. I don't think there was any argument. I think Jason went to the house later that night specifically to murder Michelle. She obviously fought back once she realized what he was doing, but I don't think there was any big argument prior to him attacking her.

nanandjim said:
Nanandjim,

If true the insurance policy was taken out in April of 2006 - it doesn't bother me - MY would have been pregnant with her second child - that makes sense to me. Now if the insurance was not taken out then but rather 3 months before she was murdered - I'd be studying hard on that one given JY had changed jobs -was away from home 3 to 4 days per week and started some kind of relationship with someone - I'd be hard pressed to not think premeditation, IF this is the case.

I just don't know what to think about premeditation honestly. For some reason I don't think the accident was anything more than an accident with what I know right now, which is not enough. JMO

"LAMB: Well, a court document that was filed in the last few weeks basically described the fact that there was a large insurance policy on Michelle Young and that Jason Young, her husband, was the beneficiary of that policy. Sources close to the case have put that policy anywhere between $1 and $2 million. And, again, this was a very young couple; they didn't have a lot of assets. So that is a very high-dollar amount for that — for a young couple at that stage in heir life.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was it mutual, in the sense, that there was also a policy taken out on him so that it may have looked like some family planning because they had the small child and I think she was pregnant. I'm not — was she pregnant?

LAMB: She was pregnant. She was 20 weeks pregnant and again, the autopsy details the fact that she was pregnant with a male child. And so, yes, it would not have been unusual to take out more life insurance when you're going to have a child, a second child. And we don't know whether or not there was a life insurance policy, a large life insurance policy on Jason Young.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have a date on that life insurance policy, when the policy was taken out on her naming him as the beneficiary?

LAMB: Well, we don't know exactly when the policy was taken out. Some sources have put the first payment on the policy in April. And, if you recall, they did have a car accident in May, so that would have been about a month before that accident. It also would have been shortly before they were pregnant with their second child, so again, that might have been some family planning."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,245919,00.html

raisincharlie said:
... For some reason I don't think the accident was anything more than an accident with what I know right now, which is not enough. JMO
I'm still going with premeditation. If it were an accident, I think more evidence would have been left behind. I think that Jason had it on his mind for a while. I of course am wildly speculating. I just think that Jason may have felt trapped in the marriage and did not want a second child. I feel that the relationship outside the marriage is a strong indicator that there were problems in the marriage. I'm not even sure that Michelle was fully aware of the problems. Perhaps, she was turning a blind eye to them. I kind of see Michelle like I see Laci. Both were caring women who happened to marry sociopathic men who really didn't want to be married.

nanandjim said:
I'm still going with premeditation. If it were an accident, I think more evidence would have been left behind. I think that Jason had it on his mind for a while. I of course am wildly speculating. I just think that Jason may have felt trapped in the marriage and did not want a second child. I feel that the relationship outside the marriage is a strong indicator that there were problems in the marriage. I'm not even sure that Michelle was fully aware of the problems. Perhaps, she was turning a blind eye to them. I kind of see Michelle like I see Laci. Both were caring women who happened to marry sociopathic men who really didn't want to be married.

Great post Nan, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member