Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy is pictured wearing the diamond earrings and diamond necklace in many photos. Only in a few (two that I saw) was she wearing a ring on her left hand. In only one of those was there a hint of sparkle like a diamond. The other one was a band only. I am speaking of photos that aren't necessarily on websites. And, I am assuming that her earrings and necklace were diamond.

Yes interesting. I wonder if she was wearing them at the Fri night party? And if she was known to remove them for different activities? And where they were put when/if she did take them off and if they were found in that spot or not. And of course if these rings are in Brad's possession or not. So many questions...

Brad stated on his first affidavit that NC's family had asked for her hat(s?) and jewellry and that he had passed them on. I wonder if these were included.

Brad stated on his first affidavit that NC's family had asked for her hat(s?) and jewellry and that he had passed them on. I wonder if these were included.
Ah yes, good point! On another note, I wonder if Brad was wearing short sleeves or long sleeves at Fri night's BBQ? And what about during the day Fri?

Nancy is pictured wearing the diamond earrings and diamond necklace in many photos. Only in a few (two that I saw) was she wearing a ring on her left hand. In only one of those was there a hint of sparkle like a diamond. The other one was a band only. I am speaking of photos that aren't necessarily on websites. And, I am assuming that her earrings and necklace were diamond.

Interesting NCN. Were you able to pass on the birthday memorial photos and messages to NC's family? I am sure that they would have been very happy to receive those. :)

You mentioned that you might put up some of those photos here. I completely understand if you think that it is not appropriate for some reason. I was just curious. . . . .

Ah yes, good point! I wonder if Brad was wearing short sleeves or long sleeves at Fri night's BBQ? And what about during the day Fri?

Yes, I wonder. And someone knows the answer to that question. It is even possible that pictures were taken.

Yes, I wonder. And someone knows the answer to that question. It is even possible that pictures were taken.
Pictures from that event, if taken, would be very useful to L.E. I'm sure. I'm sure they've been (trying to) piece together everything from that week and especially from all of Friday as well as Saturday.

Yes, we still don't know if the "saddest party ever" pictures were from that night...

Hi All-Just joined today and posted some on the "Is Brad innocent?" thread-

Anyway, I did think of one other possibility re the long sleeves and also the jacket that morning. If you feel psychologically "exposed" because you're guilty (in the morning) or when you have to face the public (while looking for your wife,) you might put on more clothing to feel more protected and private.
Also, looking for your wife's body would be a very serious occasion, and long sleeves might just feel more "appropriate", less casual. (This might be nuts, but just thinking.)

I recently found this sleuth website and decided to post this.
I may choose to never post here again.

I have read the autopsy many times since it was published. It was not easy.

This is based on facts from the published autopsy on the web.
www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/09/29/3638836/CooperAutopsy.pdf

Based on "facts" in the autopsy I finally came to the following "VERY Possible Scenario" today.
I used logic and my eyes, not wild speculation.
I am not here for mean spirited debate or to hurl insults.

Below I will support my "scenario" with facts from the autopsy - - go argue with the autopsy if you want. Take HW40 West to Chapel Hill.

1) Nancy was wearing an athletic "top" consistent with jogging and was attacked outside from behind while on the lochmere trails.

2) She fell forward to the ground during the attack and braced herself on her left knee (maybe the other leg/foot was out to the side for stability)

3) She was choked from behind by a right-handed person.

4) The person was not excessively strong. It was possibly a woman, or at least someone with fingernails who was not applying "enraged" man-strength.

5) She was then transported (deceased or highly incapacitated) and dumped in the gravel in that new development.

Supporting Info:
I believe that 1&2 (and 5) are supported if the "dirt" on her left knee/leg matches Lochmere trails better than it matches the gravel construction site.
If the dirt comes from Lochmere trails then that's where the attack started.
The dirt comparision probably takes a visual or simple chemical test to do. I hope the police have done it.

The cumulative weight of nancy plus the person behind her bearing down during the struggle/choking drove Nancy's left knee into the ground causing the dirt to adhere and probably skin damage that caused the subsequent discoloration and active "bugs" reported on her knee/leg too.
I think you have to be outside and alive to use your knee for support and get dirt caked on it.

Item 3, I believe that the insect activity on just that one side of the neck proves she was choked from behind by a right handed person and her neck skin was cut during the struggle by a fingernail on the dominant right index finger that was pressing in tight. The fingernail cut accelerated the subsequent spot of reported insect activity.
The location of the broken bone might also prove the hand-dominance.

Item 4. Due to the "fingernail" cut, and the fact that the neck tissue damage was only "faint", it is NOT likely that it was a large highly-enraged MAN.

That's it. It's all from the report.
It doesn't answer "who" killed her, but it supports the assertion that she left the house that morning to go jogging "outside".
She was transported there AFTER the attack if the "knee dirt" does not match the (gravel?) construction site. (a simple police lab test?)

Once again, I am not here to argue and I won't reply to it.
Drive to Chapel Hill if you don't like the published Autopsy report.

I don't think anything I utilized here is a big departure from the published data! Portions of the scenario may be incorrect, but that would NOT mean that ALL of it is incorrect.

Don't blame or criticize persons who have tried to help or have been compelled to particpate.

The murder was a very tragic event and an unsolved crime so far.

Many people are still trying to reach the truth and heal in their own way.
"Justice" also means trying to minimize the collateral damage to the family here and in Canada.

Use your Eye's, not speculation, anger, or hate.

peace

Eye, you said, if the dirt on her knee came from the Lochmere trails. (I know, you said you won't be here to read, but I figure you will lurk.) Have you been on Lochmere's trails? Well, I have. They are paved.

I don't even want to get into the rest of your long post. Just wanted to say that.

I'm curious. From someone who visited the site where Nancy was found, is it all gravel or are there dirt patches? If she was 'dumped' ( sounds so awful }and then rolled , would the dirt adhere to her knee ?

Oh, about the question for me on the memory book for Nancy's family. I'll talk about that later...

I'm curious. From someone who visited the site where Nancy was found, is it all gravel or are there dirt patches? If she was 'dumped' ( sounds so awful }and then rolled , would the dirt adhere to her knee ?

Jess, I saw the dump site at the end of July. There was no gravel in the cul-de-sac that I can recall seeing. The cul-de-sac street itself was fully paved. Off to the side was dirt and weeds and grasses, but more dirt where she was found. The embankment area where she was found was dried, hard-packed dirt the day I visited the site and no gravel at all--no idea if any gravel was there previously or not and I have no idea what the ground was like at the time she was dumped. If you want to review the pics again to see the conditions as of the end of July, the link is up in the Photos thread.

Jess, I saw the dump site at the end of July. There was no gravel in the cul-de-sac that I can recall seeing. The cul-de-sac street itself was fully paved. Off to the side was dirt and weeds and grasses, but more dirt where she was found. The embankment area where she was found was dried, hard-packed dirt the day I visited the site and no gravel at all--no idea if any gravel was there previously or not. If you want to review the pics again to see the conditions on that day, the link is up in the Photos thread.

Correct SG and also it had rained buckets on Monday afternoon so finding clay/mud on her leg would not be unusual at all. For all we know she could have had her leg flexed, like her head was turned to one side. I am sure he didn't make sure he placed her in perfect position with what he had just done to her. He just wanted rid of her body!

I recently found this sleuth website and decided to post this.
I may choose to never post here again.

Hi eye :wave:....don't post n run.

I read your post....found it interesting. Thing is, I CANNOT wrap my mind around the possibility that another female strangled NC and killed her.

Like several of the posters here have said already......at this point.....there doesn't appear to be enough evidence to convict BC of murdering her.....doesn't matter whether I think he did it or not....doesn't matter.

Nancy was not a small woman.....how many of her friends were as tall as she was? I'm tall too....not as tall as NC but, still, tall......there's not very many women that are gonna take me down unless they have a weapon......a weapon might possibly make me cooperate.

One more thing.....IF another woman attacked (and killed) her.....I think there would have been a major cat fight.....SOMEONE would have heard that.

Hi All-Just joined today and posted some on the "Is Brad innocent?" thread-

Anyway, I did think of one other possibility re the long sleeves and also the jacket that morning. If you feel psychologically "exposed" because you're guilty (in the morning) or when you have to face the public (while looking for your wife,) you might put on more clothing to feel more protected and private.
Also, looking for your wife's body would be a very serious occasion, and long sleeves might just feel more "appropriate", less casual. (This might be nuts, but just thinking.)

Hi Piedmont,

Hadn't considered the psychological aspect of long vs. short sleeves. Interesting!

Yes, there was dirt, grass and weeds at the place where Nancy was dumped. There is rocky, pebbly rubble everywhere in our county, where the rains wash them from the soil as time goes by.

When I said that Lochmere's trails are paved, all the ones I've been on are, as in the section where I live. I don't know if there are any dirt trails.

What I "took" from autopsy was that there was no struggle at the dump site. MOO but I believe she was deceased when she was left there.

The dirt on her leg.....apparently enough caked on for the ME to make mention of it......sounds to me like she was pushed out of a vehicle........one leg hit the ground initially which picked up the dirt and then she was dragged from there.....not far though.

When I said that Lochmere's trails are paved, all the ones I've been on are, as in the section where I live. I don't know if there are any dirt trails.

In addition to the numerous paved trails in Lochmere... there are a number of dirt trails there too (not along with main road (Lochmere Drive), but they meander in and between the various sub-sections of Lochmere...)

I don't know if we have hard-evidence that would disprove eye_believe's theory. What about the shoes/shorts though eye_believe - are you thinking those might be discarded by the perp somewhere for some reason? Or - left/found at the discovery site perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon