AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but what if AS had found out information about people who were involved with the shooting? JMO

I don't know...somehow calling police would be a better idea than speeding in your car, crashing it, and walking home and then setting out yet again on foot, if you suddenly found out who murdered your cousin. I don't mean to be sarcastic, really, but her behavior is totally in line with jealous, possibly intoxicated girlfriend. She seemed to have no fear of walking that night, IMO.

I have a feeling bc fabian was latino and it seemed like a drive by, LE just chalked him up as another innocent bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then in the next breath they say they don't know if the shot came from inside the party or outside. How does any of this add up?

I find it increasingly alarming that I can hardly find any reports about LE asking for help in Fabian's case, but his mother kept trying to speak through media outlets time and time again.

I have a feeling his case was not respected and what a tragedy it is that we have to possibly have lost Adrienne to bring light to cold cases similar to Fabian's.

Well... we have that opportunity now.
To look at both cases with fresh eyes
To sleuth his murder and make sure it is not related to AS
disappearing as well.

There is too much here that exceeds
ironic .
IMO

were his friends all seeking justice for him?
Did he and AS run in the same circles?
Share friends?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW the guy in the video gives me the heeby jeebies. he just seems as nervous as hell, eyes darting all over the place, they big gloves, something just seems really "off" about him.

Or maybe even the person that killed Fabian was at the party that night.

Maybe the suspect decided to leave the party once he saw Adrienne was w/ boyfriend going to Scottsdale. suspect decided to leave party and drive home up through Scottsdale toward Indian School where lo and behold they see Adrienne - the very person this suspect had showed up to the party to see - walking toward Indian school as well.

The suspect sees AS get in her boyfriends car and notice they are arguing and heading back toward Tempe. He decides to head back to the party where he hopes he can isolate AS at some point. He's beginning to formulate his plan of how he will abduct her from the party.

There was a marijuana sale around the time the "drive by" occurred.

(This is taking me back to our earlier mentions of AS references to MJ as well and her possibly wanting to score pot to go relax at the BFs after her hard night)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375316136.611379.jpg

Who's the weed guy at the parties? Who might have showed up to both parties to drop off "favors"?

There are so many angles to look at on this case I'm getting dizzy!

every theory and new idea here lately seems to have some merit. I hope these new thoughts break something loose soon. I have said it before - I'd want you all on my team if I were missing.

83rd AVENUE and Indian School is not near 83rd STREET and Indian School in Scottsdale, just for clarification. Indian School runs east and west and is a very major thoroughfare. 83rd Avenue and 83rd Street are many miles apart.

every theory and new idea here lately seems to have some merit. I hope these new thoughts break something loose soon. I have said it before - I'd want you all on my team if I were missing.

83rd AVENUE and Indian School is not near 83rd STREET and Indian School in Scottsdale, just for clarification. Indian School runs east and west and is a very major thoroughfare. 83rd Avenue and 83rd Street are many miles apart.

Yes I agree. It is a very far distance and I took this into consideration when working off of GGE's theory.

If someone wanted to avoid the highway or take back roads from the party to this Indian School location in question, what back routes would they utilize?

Please help as you are local. Ty :)

Where is the boyfriends apartment in relation to where he said he found her? How far had she gotten?
Why did he step out for a.minute?
Why is that when she chose to leave ?

Yes, where is the urgency??? He wakes up, she's called him 37 times, she texts him she's coming over and she never showed up, why would he be so calm in his reply??? Not a "what do you want?" "What's so important?" "What's going on?" "Where the heck are you??" "Did you change your mind and decide not to come over?" "Did you come over and I slept through it?" "I thought you were coming over?" "Call me now."

Did he even call her phone or did all he do was send her a text??? I mean she called him 37 times, he didn't call her when he saw how often she'd called or that she said she was coming over then didn't??? He should have been calling her.

Not "when you have time, call me." Crazy. No urgency at all and there should have been some.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Adrienne and her boyfriend had actually broken up that night, that would definitely explain how she was acting towards the end of the evening. They start having an argument at the party because he isn't paying enough attention to her, then they continue the argument at his place, when finally he has enough and tells her it might be best if they just take a break for a while. She asks for a lift home because she is angry and upset, but then it all gets too much so she jumps out of the car to walk on her own. Once she gets home she realizes that she should have stayed and fought for their relationship, which would explain why she was so desperate to get back to him - and all of this would have been heightened by any alcohol that was consumed. This would also explain why he ignored all of her calls, he thought she was just calling to try and get back together and he wanted to leave it for the night and talk it out the next day when they were sober. In this scenario, I would understand his lack of urgency with his text the following day - just playing it cool after things had calmed down.

When you can't find anything, go to the bottom of the list and take a second look, IMO.....

So, on an unrelated note, just came across another report page in crankycrankerson's /AmandaReckonwith's photobucket. I search daily multiple times for this report online so don't know how I missed this. I guess it's been in there for like five days!

072513police-rpt.jpg

This mentions that Adrienne was not suffering from an ongoing physical ailment, so from this I gather that her health issues were behind her. Even more so as she had just been cleared to go back to work.

At the risk of showing what a luddite I am......someone on here said that when their phone is off they still receive texts when they turn it back on. If BF texted her around noon where was the ping? It should at least show that wherever the ping was was where the event took place...confused!

I don't know about other phones, but I know that my phone doesn't actually receive the texts until I turn my phone back on. They don't come through when my phone is off. I have an iphone, not sure if we narrowed down what type of phone Adrienne had.

I think the connection is peripheral, in that it shows the kinds of folks who tend to frequent these kinds of parties. There is probably good reason police were adamant about hunting down the attendees that night. These aren't just relatively innocent co-ed college keggers.

Or maybe it started off as an innocent party with college friends, but then friends of friends of friends of shady friends showed up - other posters local to the area have said this is how these parties end up towards the end of the night; word spreads from person to person and all of a sudden there's a whole lot of people that the hosts may or may not know. It may even be that someone had showed up that they were familiar with, but don't know well enough to know how shady they actually are.

FWIW the guy in the video gives me the heeby jeebies. he just seems as nervous as hell, eyes darting all over the place, they big gloves, something just seems really "off" about him.

I completely agree. The first time I saw this video I thought something was 'off' about this guy, but I don't know how much I was reading into it considering I know a young girl went missing around the same time not far from here. I hope that LE have identified whoever this is; it shouldn't be hard considering they have a pretty clear shot of him.

JMO :twocents:

I have been quietly lurking here since the beginning. Just popping my head in to say that I used to teach a couple of blocks from 83rd Avenue and Indian School. At the time it was, and probably still is, infested with gang activity. To the point where we were not supposed to be on campus after dark and we had trainings specifically on how to stay safe.
A random drive by would not be out of the norm.
An old boyfriend of lived near there and had a bullet whole in his bedroom wall from a random drive by.
Just wanted to give a little perspective on that area.

Where is the boyfriends apartment in relation to where he said he found her? How far had she gotten?
Why did he step out for a.minute?
Why is that when she chose to leave ?

They never said exactly where his apartment was located in Scottsdale :(

He stepped out to "get some air" on his porch. I'm thinking maybe this took him 5 minutes?

Once he came back inside and noticed she was gone, he hopped in his car and drove where he found her not far down the way heading toward the direction of Indian School Rd.

I wish I knew if Indian school rd were north or south of his place.

I have been quietly lurking here since the beginning. Just popping my head in to say that I used to teach a couple of blocks from 83rd Avenue and Indian School. At the time it was, and probably still is, infested with gang activity. To the point where we were not supposed to be on campus after dark and we had trainings specifically on how to stay safe.
An old boyfriend of lived near there and had a bullet whole in his bedroom wall from a random drive by.

Thank you!!!!! Please don't hesitate to share any other important info to help us in the process of elimination here bc I know I need it! Too many possibilities. Please help!

And welcome :)

Yes, he got out and gave her back her phone...it is there in some of the articles from the early days.

Yes, but I also recall hearing otherwise from the early days too. Perhaps some of you recall a "glitch" in the reports (I know, I know---there's been quite a few of those) especially regarding if the bf gave her phone back or not? I vaguely remember hearing something different in the early days and then that changed.

We have so very little to go on....

I'm not implying anything about a poi or the bf; just want to focus on the little evidence we have which is her phone records/pings/calls/texts.

:banghead:

I think it's a huge stretch to try to connect the cousin directly to this case. But hey, we're out of new information right now, so if it takes such a leap to keep folks interested in Adrienne until we get the police report, then go for it.

There was a marijuana sale around the time the "drive by" occurred.

(This is taking me back to our earlier mentions of AS references to MJ as well and her possibly wanting to score pot to go relax at the BFs after her hard night)

I had Valley Fever. My case was not as severe as AS, but I am sure she would have been strongly advised not to smoke anything. I can't even imagine her wanting to smoke anything at that point. Valley Fever can stay with you for years and can reactivate after you have seemingly recovered. MOO

SBM - oh darn it I didn't even notice that google changed it on me because the scottsdale (street) intersection was more "relevant" according to google than the phoenix (avenue) one. ugh.

I hope it's fixed now, and thanks!

http://goo.gl/maps/5nH61

Yyyeah. Maryvale. A girlfriend moved here from Texas thinking she was moving to 75th St. and Indian School only to find herself at 75th Ave. and Indian School. She broke her lease and moved back to Texas a week later. Not safe. No, no, no.

Quoting your post because it talks about Adrienne's cousin's death and her disappearance and I want to address this for a second.

I just went ahead and mapped the location where the drive by shooting of Adrienne's cousin occurred. Indian School Road and 83rd.

http://goo.gl/maps/eIaI1

I thought it would be a lone marker on Adrienne's casemap, but then I noticed the icon of a female walking within like a block of that location. Sure enough,

http://www.k5thehometeam.com/story/...heds-light-prior-to-tempe-teens-disappearance

So, I'm wondering if it was gang-related in some way maybe.... territorial perhaps? No idea if that kind of stuff happens in that area.... I mean, her cousin was killed in a drive-by shooting on Indian School Road, and then the night Adrienne disappeared she was walking down Indian School Road and despite the fact she was SO SO angry with her boyfriend, she agreed to get into his car at that point, and stayed there just long enough to get to Fifth and Mill, where she got back out and walked the rest of the way. I wonder if she got in despite her anger because the threat of gang violence was so big to her? Or maybe just the memory of the fact her cousin was killed right there...

I don't know but that coincidence bugs me. Same place her cousin was killed, she was walking just hours before her disappearance... probably nothing, I know. But I had to at least dedicate one single post to pointing it out.

Oh man, read ALL the AS threads, didn't know there was one! I was getting sooo bummed out! But I found it!
There are numbered Avenues/Drives and Streets/Places in the general Phoenix area which extend east and west. If IIR, her cousin was on 83rd AVENUE, which is the West side, probably close to the Glendale area, while AS BF was on 83rd STREET and Indian School Rd.........Definitely East and in Scottsdale.
The roads go out from Central Avenue in the center of Phoenix and then they are consecutively numbered, 1 through ??, using Street and Place on the East side of Central, and Avenue and Drive on the West side of Central.
The Glendale area had an influx of gang related incidents and was the worst area to live in back about 7-10 years ago. Before that, South Phoenix took the honors for decades.
83rd Street/Indian School is Scottsdale and that would be on the boundaries of Saguaro HS and Arcadia HS. Not gang affiliated. You do have bikers, dealers, nefarious sorts but they tend to blend in and not draw attention to themselves.

IMO: I think AS made it back to the apartment after jumping from her BF's car, and that was it. All we have is witness statements, that can be self serving.

I don't believe she was driving her vehicle, I do believe there were 2 individuals in the car hastily setting up an alibi (Going 60 MPH around that curve? I don't think there has ever been a wreck with anyone going that fast, drunk or sober on that curve.) If she was indeed "drunk", would she remember her keys, clothes, and lock the vehicle up? And if that was the case, why didn't she just drive it all the way back to the complex? How many college aged kids have vehicles in a parking garage with flat tires? Happens all the time. A hurried passenger would not have shifted stuff off the front seat, or may have put stuff on it to throw LE off.

Did any of her calls to her BF leave behind a message? I haven't heard that she left any, and then the final text. No proof she made those calls....or the calls to the cab company. Her roomie said AS didn't like to "text"...hmmm.

What better way to throw off LE than make a phony pickup at an AM/PM? If someone is missing, LE is going to check pick up records for that apt. complex when AS's vehicle is out of commission. And if Dad hadn't come over to see what was up, no one would have known she was missing for a while. Saw on the news a few nights ago that AS's father did not identify the thin girl in the video as AS.

And if you've been around Hispanic father's, their daughters are always "mi hija", they are very protective of them, whether they are hands on dads or not. From watching AS's dad on TV, he seems to be really tight with AS.

The Arcadia District is upper middle class and higher, for the most part. Mixed bag of ethnicity, I never saw racism of any sort growing up in Scottsdale, I married 2 Hispanic men and have 2 "Multi" racial kids, my oldest having no problems when she was in school down there her K-2nd grade.

Why did her roomies give the wrong description of the clothes she left in? Maybe AS didn't LEAVE with any clothes?
Why was her car key there? In case dad was notified of the wrecked vehicle by LE and came to claim it.....which might have taken several days, being on a weekend. And roomies could have said, "Hey, she's not here right now, but she left the car key".
Leaving her cat and dog, for what is claimed going to her BF's. That could be for the next 24-48 hours, and make no arrangements? And leave them with the last stragglers of the party?
The wallet. I don't know about most of you but mine was ALWAYS in my back pack from age 15 on. School districts started requiring school ID's, so that's how that started. And if she was going to keep the "party" going with more alcohol bought from the local liquor store or AM/PM, she needed a fake ID on her, 19 is underage. Seriously, who does that?
When I lived in Tempe, right off Hardy and 9th Street, I NEVER walked alone at night, I skated or biked, but if I walked, I was with someone else, and that was back in 1977-78. And the college parties were just as nuts then as now. EVERYONE is welcome or at least that's what usually happens. Didn't have the "Fake Lake", but bodies were still being dumped in the dry Salt River bed.

I think something happened when she returned from her BF's....and no one's talking. With her recovering health and meager weight, she could have easily got alcohol poisoning, IF she was drinking.

JMO, OMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member