AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from news site: "Salinas’ roommates told police the couple frequently broke up and got back together because they were unable to “define their relationship.”.... I haven't read this in any of the reports.

Is this written in any of the reports? I suppose it is a small detail, but provides more light on the status of the relationship.

I feel like LE tracked where A's phone was over a several hour period and that it matched up with what BF said, i.e went to Scottsdale, left Scottsdale and then remained near her apartment. And I think his matched up as well. He clearly called the roommate and she evidently came out to watch for A. All these little parts of the story are just too much detail to bother to make up in one vast conspiracy. I really believe it all happened the way it is being told and that she finally left for a third time alone after wrecking the car and changing her clothes so as to look different in case she had been spotted. She had two goals by then, one to get to BF and two, to not have deal with the accident/possible DUI/police. I think she left the apartment and then called a cab. She wanted to get out of apartment without having to explain herself to roommates.

Who she ran into after that is the mystery.

All Jmo.

I feel like LE tracked where A's phone was over a several hour period and that it matched up with what BF said, i.e went to Scottsdale, left Scottsdale and then remained near her apartment. And I think his matched up as well. He clearly called the roommate and she evidently came out to watch for A. All these little parts of the story are just too much detail to bother to make up in one vast conspiracy. I really believe it all happened the way it is being told and that she finally left for a third time alone after wrecking the car and changing her clothes so as to look different in case she had been spotted. She had two goals by then, one to get to BF and two, to not have deal with the accident/possible DUI/police. I think she left the apartment and then called a cab. She wanted to get out of apartment without having to explain herself to roommates.

Who she ran into after that is the mystery.

All Jmo.

Clu I completely agree with this line of thinking.
Aside from that, her behavior seems like jealousy arising from a suspicion that her bf was with another woman.

I missed the info about her cousin- could someone fill me in or point me in the right direction?
I can't shake the feeling that someone at the party knows more... it may have been easy to slip something into a drink of hers- sounds like she was possibly more intoxicated/ under the influence than she thought when she took the car out. Someone could have easily watched her and followed her from the party...
Also, didn't her roommate say she put on dark clothes? When people are wanting to hide in the shadows they do such things- was she expecting to catch the bf doing something?
Hoping if the roommates are moving out that they do a detailed investigation of the apt..... seems like convenient timing.
Also hoping she shows up today!!!!!!

I'm really curious about whether AS was, in fact, drinking. My dad had Valley Fever when I was very young. I don't know if it was his Dr.s attempt to get my dad out of the draft for Viet Nam or if it was actually legit. He was house bound for about 3 years. But, my ex had a friend who visited from Chicago and got VF pretty bad.
The point is, when you get VF, and it progresses to the use of anti-fungals, you have to avoid alcohol because of the overload your liver/kidneys are taking on with the medication. You're basically dealing with an immune deficiency that alcohol just enhances. The fact that AS was hospitalized and had surgery to remove part of her lung because of VF, I wonder how responsible she was in adhering to common guidelines for disseminated VF.
Some of her behavior in the hours before her disappearance have been attributed to alcohol consumption, but I have read that one of her room mates said she was NOT drinking.
This is where I have a problem with the high rate of speed, the accident in her vehicle, driving it part way back to her apartment and leaving it. Not taking her wallet with her. Everything being said by people who know her say she is responsible.
AS was still recovering from the limitations of the surgery. It must have been very difficult to not to be exhausted by 3:00 am in her condition. She had to be running on sheer will.
That is why everything after she came back home from her BF's makes no sense to me. I honestly do not believe alcohol was involved, due to her medical condition and her overall responsibility.
Her emotions could have been running high, but it just doesn't meet the level of recklessness the time line is indicating.
JMO

Also got a screen shot for the route between AS apt and BF's place. It's approximately 10 miles. If she was broke, or only had $10, how was she going to pay the cabbie? The top is North. There is no way she would have walked there.
as route.jpg

I find it more likely that A had a wild, possibly unusual for her night, than that everyone else is lying and covering up. Too many people would have to be lying. JMO

I missed the info about her cousin- could someone fill me in or point me in the right direction? Cousin was shot, random, over a year ago at a party. No connection. Incident took place 20+ miles away from AS's BF's place. 83rd Avenue and Street were confused.
I can't shake the feeling that someone at the party knows more... it may have been easy to slip something into a drink of hers- sounds like she was possibly more intoxicated/ under the influence than she thought when she took the car out. Someone could have easily watched her and followed her from the party...I think someone knows more too, whether it was just a horrible accident or whatever, young adults partying can do irrational things when they're under the influence. If it was someone else who "borrowed" her vehicle and wrecked it, there could have been an altercation.
Also, didn't her roommate say she put on dark clothes? When people are wanting to hide in the shadows they do such things- was she expecting to catch the bf doing something? Read in a report posted earlier that the dark clothes originally thought to be on her when last seen were actually found in her room later on. Have not seen what her current state of dress was.
Hoping if the roommates are moving out that they do a detailed investigation of the apt..... seems like convenient timing.I'm kinda hoping that too. I wonder if the FBI DID check out the apt already.
Also hoping she shows up today!!!!!!
Hoping with you!

Response in blue...JMO.

It appears the majority of them went to Coronado High & Arcadia High. Arcadia is on Scottsdale / Phoenix border but is Scottsdale School District. I went to Scottsdale High and was a senior the year it closed. Many of the students went to either Saguaro, Coronado or Arcadia the following year depending upon the boundaries. My point is, they could have all gone to the same elementary and Jr High and then separated at High School but remained friends...

*sleep deprivation*

BBM......Hey, Fellow Beaver! :floorlaugh: Went my freshman year there, but finished at Saguaro....Go Sabercats!!!
Only you would understand what I'm saying if I asked you had you been to "Beaver Paradise".
Was a displaced Kiva Elem. School graduate, who's parents thought I'd do better around the LDS element at Scottsdale HS. Was pretty tough, all my friends were at Saguaro and Chaparral HS.

BBM......Hey, Fellow Beaver! :floorlaugh: Went my freshman year there, but finished at Saguaro....Go Sabercats!!!
Only you would understand what I'm saying if I asked you had you been to "Beaver Paradise".
Was a displaced Kiva Elem. School graduate, who's parents thought I'd do better around the LDS element at Scottsdale HS. Was pretty tough, all my friends were at Saguaro and Chaparral HS.
You went to school with my baby bro! :)

Bus Service Tempe: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=413

"Bus service in Tempe operates seven days a week from approximately 5 a.m. to 1 a.m., Monday through Saturday and from 5 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Sunday. Most Tempe bus routes operate every 15 - 20 minutes from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday........"

It was talked about earlier in this case that she may have taken a bus, and it IS an option, bus stop was nearby, and they do connect with a service going to the area of her BF's place. Service starts at 5:00 am. But........I don't think that was the case.

There was a marijuana sale around the time the "drive by" occurred.

(This is taking me back to our earlier mentions of AS references to MJ as well and her possibly wanting to score pot to go relax at the BFs after her hard night)

I had Valley Fever. My case was not as severe as AS, but I am sure she would have been strongly advised not to smoke anything. I can't even imagine her wanting to smoke anything at that point. Valley Fever can stay with you for years and can reactivate after you have seemingly recovered. MOO

Here's a thought then: perhaps she either became so upset with bf, that she became reckless and drank or smoked, when she wouldn't have otherwise. Or as someone else mentioned, something was slipped into what she was drinking. And due to the VF, something happened to her as a result of alcohol, weed or other substance.

I find it more likely that A had a wild, possibly unusual for her night, than that everyone else is lying and covering up. Too many people would have to be lying. JMO

And if this happens to be the case, time is all that is usually needed for the unraveling of a coverup. Even moreso the more individuals that are involved.

I feel her abductor was an acquaintance, perhaps a friend of a friend or someone she perhaps had seen around her complex; someone she didn't know well, yet well enough to feel relatively safe up until the point of abduction.

IDK, as the days drag on with no new information or direction, the discouragement is hard to shake free and not let settle in and get too comfortable - we need to find this sweet girl. :please:

Arbor's Apts:http://www.arborsaz.com/p/apartments/policies_7599/tempe-az-85281/the-arbors-7599
It doesn't appear to be "campus" housing.
"Owner reserves the right to reduce, modify or eliminate any security system, security devices or service(other than those statutorily required) at any time and without notice; and such action shall not be a breach of any obligation or warranty on the part of the owner."
Was there security cameras at this location?
Here is a pic of the Apts from above.
as arbor.jpg
Why did AS (if it was her) NOT drive her vehicle back to the apt if she was only 1/4 away? The tenant parking is in the center of the complex, and even with flattened front tires, she could have gone 5 mph and not done much, if any damage to her rims. Her tires were very "low" profile, so not much tire between the rim and the road to begin with. And I personally would NOT leave my vehicle in that area of town on the side of the street. Tempe has always had a high incidence of vehicle break ins and/or thefts. And AS had a pretty nice car.

Arbor's Apts:http://www.arborsaz.com/p/apartments/policies_7599/tempe-az-85281/the-arbors-7599
It doesn't appear to be "campus" housing.
"Owner reserves the right to reduce, modify or eliminate any security system, security devices or service(other than those statutorily required) at any time and without notice; and such action shall not be a breach of any obligation or warranty on the part of the owner."
Was there security cameras at this location?
Here is a pic of the Apts from above.
View attachment 36211
Why did AS (if it was her) NOT drive her vehicle back to the apt if she was only 1/4 away? The tenant parking is in the center of the complex, and even with flattened front tires, she could have gone 5 mph and not done much, if any damage to her rims. Her tires were very "low" profile, so not much tire between the rim and the road to begin with. And I personally would NOT leave my vehicle in that area of town on the side of the street. Tempe has always had a high incidence of vehicle break ins and/or thefts. And AS had a pretty nice car.

IMO Adrienne's car was driven by her until it could be driven no more on the two flats and that is where it stayed.

Regarding Adrienne driving on the flat tires.
IMO I think she drove as far as she could as well.
I am of the opinion that Adrienne had had been drinking and was trying to get away from the scene as quickly as possible before LE arrived and she ended up with a DUI and fines. She probably drove it as far as she could and when she knew she was close to home parked it on the side street and walked back to the apartment. In her mind, as long as she didnt get "caught" she would deal with it the next day. She could have BF or dad help her get the car repaired and up and running again.

jmo

Satelite view of AM/PM area. Arrow is direction AS would have come from.
Circle K is open 24/7, SW corner. (Wonder if they had security cams on their parking lot)
Starbuck's is open at 4:30 am, SE corner.
AM/PM open 24/7, NE corner.
O'Reilly's, Not open until 8:00, NW corner.

AS ampm.jpg

I find it strange that no one would have noticed a 100 lb., 6'6 gal (that's a pretty thin girl) wandering around there because it's not terribly busy, but those places do have customers at 5:00 am. And it's a college town, guys LOOK at the girls around there. The temps were probably inching towards 80 degrees at that hour.

Google map link:
https://www.google.com/maps/views/explore?gl=us&vm=1&ll=33.421923,-111.952037&z=19

Hi all, hi Bernina :seeya:

I got wind of this case last week and have been following along to see if there are any updates. Here are my thoughts to add to the mix. See timeline below:

2:30 a.m-- Salinas leaves with boyfriend for Scottsdale.

3:22 a.m.-- Boyfriend calls Salinas’ roommate, saying she is walking home from Rio Salado and Mill Avenue.

3:30 a.m.-- Salinas arrives home and tells roommate she is driving back to boyfriend’s house.
3:35-3:40 a.m.-- Salinas packs overnight bag and drives away.

It could be possible that the roommate(s) are lying about her intention to "drive back to the boyfriend's house." Perhaps she came back to the party and was hanging out. Perhaps somebody else took her car out for a joyride and crashed it. I've seen this happen at parties before. That could account for the two people seen inside of the car and taking off quickly before anybody could approach to help, and ditching it down the street

3:44 a.m.-- Witness reports Salinas crashing her car at Rio Salado and Ash Avenue. Car later recovered next day at Roosevelt Street and Mill Avenue with two flat tires. might not have been her, see above

4:10-4:50 a.m.-- Salinas calls boyfriend 32 times but he doesn’t answer, tells cops he was sleeping. I see two possibilities here. AS could have found out about her car and was pissed, and was calling her boyfriend to come and help out. OR maybe something bad happened to AS at this time at the apartment... passed out, overdose, fight, etc and the roommates were calling the boyfriend for help. This reminds me of the day that Caylee Anthony went missing. There was a flurry of phone calls from Casey's cell phone to her mom at a specific point in the timeline. Sometimes a flurry of phone calls signifies a specific event occuring and somebody needing assistance or freaking out. It may not have had anything to do with their fight from earlier. Maybe she needed her boyfriend's help or her friends needed her boyfriend's help

4:23 a.m. -- Salinas calls for a cab. This part perplexes me. I'm not sure I subscribe to the theory that the cab calls are a ruse. That seems too far-fetched to me, although not impossible. Has it been confirmed if the cab driver knew Adrienne's name that night, meaning did Adrienne identify herself as Adrienne or just as a female who needed a ride? Here's what I'm thinking... what if it wasn't Adrienne trying to get to Arteaga's house but rather somebody else using Adrienne's phone?

4:43 a.m.- Salinas texts boyfriend to say she is on her way to his house. Again, not sure how this fits in but I suppose it could have been somebody else other than AS

4:53 a.m. -- Cab drivers calls Salinas when he can’t find her at convenience store at Hardy and University drives. He tells her she is on her way.

5:06 a.m. -- Cab drivers says he calls Salinas but no one answers. Her phone goes dead. Maybe at this point, the roommate(s)/friends/perpetrators have come up with their final plan of how to handle whatever happened and shut the phone off

Then of course, there is always the possibility that all of this happened, that it really was Adrienne throughout the timeline, and she was randomly abducted while going to meet the cab. Abductions sadly happen all the time so it would not be unusual.

Has anybody here followed the Maura Murray case? Definitely some similarities as far as there being a car crash and then a disappearance. I immediately thought of Maura when I started reading about this. In both cases, there are so many other events taking place on the same day, in the same timeframe, that it's almost hard to believe that the disappearance itself is a stand-alone event. Unfortunately Maura has never been found and she went missing in 2004 :(

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member