AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following from day 1, rarely posted however. If it is her, I think it was immediate disposal. I study maps and geography and how they relate to crimes, and if often tells us just as much, if not more, then any other kinds of evidence. Particularly in missing person cases, which is what I study most frequently.

As such, this is clearly someone local to the area, most notably Tempe or surrounding areas. He would have had knowledge of Dutchman State Park and knew the wide expanse of the area, but not so much knowledge to accidentally place the body on someone's property. It appears he drove her out the wide, rough terrain, thinking it was very remote and not often traversed, but erred in placing the body on someone's property. So it seems like this person knew of the state park, probably has been there a few times, but not directly local to the park. As I said, more likely local to Tempe.

Now this person would have to resources and time to be missing from 5am-8am approximately, based on video, phone records and distance from Tempe to the park. So he would be in a situation where either he does not have a wife/gf/family or someone who has easy excuses to be missing and unaccounted for at that time. Further, he would also likely to need to have his car cleaned immediately and probably would have his clothes dirty, with dust, dirt etc from the terrain of the location where her body was found.

It certainly does not scream out any person from the party, i.e. college kids and something happened to Adrienne at that party. This was a concise, clear decision, it doesn't feel like a panic move to get rid of a body, as I think it would be if it were young college kids at that party.

Yes I think it was either a random perp - or a suspect/s that we're not at the location of the party after 3am....

Another week for identification? Yikes... long to wait for her family (and us.)

Seems so, a reporter said that there's a chance it was washed down to where it was and that's why there's such a large area to be searched.
Also, there's talk about "debris" found in the area, so I guess they'll have their hands full, trying to determine what is of importance to the case.

Regarding the wash, this area is higher in elevation than the valley. If the body did wash down to the area it was found, it would have been placed north / east of where it was found. That would indicate it could have been place in a far less populated area - as you travel east, toward the Superstition Mountains, there is less population more desert and... well, "nothingness".

umm, anyone know if cadaver dogs have been brought in to sniff cars of those persons who have been interviewed? i could imagine the perps car was cleaned up just in case any evidence was left behind.. but if this is adrienne, i believe she was probably transported, already deceased, in someone's car and dropped at this location.

all JMO

so heartbreaking and incredibly sad. Thoughts and prayers with the family. I hope there is enough evidence for them to catch the individual who did this. Poor young lady so very sad.

I'm so happy to hear this news.

We have been praying for answers, and our prayers were answered IMO.

I am very thankful at this time. Many thanks to those who have kept us up on the developing situation. Fox news has been covering this today, btw. Not sure about HLN or CNN, I haven't turned the channel.

Can someone please, please (it would mean a great deal to me, and I"ve never said that before on websleuths in ANY case, not even for the police report and we all know how much I wanted THAT).... please post a link to google maps of the location the body was found?

if possible.

thank you muchly

Just come out of work to see this news.. Wow. I didn't expect a happy outcome so if this is her then I hope it leads to some answers.

Can someone please, please (it would mean a great deal to me, and I"ve never said that before on websleuths in ANY case, not even for the police report and we all know how much I wanted THAT).... please post a link to google maps of the location the body was found?

if possible.

thank you muchly
http://goo.gl/maps/GsYII

WOW..........wasn't expecting this when I got on.

Thank you bessie. Was she found near this intersection, then, or off to one side or another? By how many feet/yards/partial-miles, do we know? which side of the highway?

I'm hoping for something very exact, and unfortunately I can't possibly come up with a perfect date and time of this discovery to re quest a scanner rewind downstairs to get the info I'm looking for...

thank you very much for this info you've already given, and apologies for asking for more. Some cases get under your skin so much that you feel the need for specific information in order to process the loss, once it's been determined that indeed the person is (very likely) deceased, IYKWIM.

I too am surprised to find this out today. I was so worried she would never be found. (If this is her)
Prayers go out to her family and friends during the awful wait for confirmation.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you bessie. Was she found near this intersection, then, or off to one side or another? By how many feet/yards/partial-miles, do we know? which side of the highway?

I'm hoping for something very exact, and unfortunately I can't possibly come up with a perfect date and time of this discovery to re quest a scanner rewind downstairs to get the info I'm looking for...

thank you very much for this info you've already given, and apologies for asking for more. Some cases get under your skin so much that you feel the need for specific information in order to process the loss, once it's been determined that indeed the person is (very likely) deceased, IYKWIM.
I'm sorry I don't have a more exact location. Perhaps one of the locals can supply that info. What I've read mentions Apache Junction, and searches near Hwy 88. This is the same intersection Prospektor posted in a screenshot down thread. If you do happen to nail down the time, I can do a rewind.

I'm sorry I don't have a more exact location. Perhaps one of the locals can supply that info. What I've read mention Apache Junction, and searches near Hwy 88. This is the same intersection Prospektor posted in a screenshot down thread. If you do happen to nail down the time, I do a rewind.

ok, thank you again. i just heard that they are actually back out searching today so if she doesn't have a scanner thread yet then ill go downstairs and start one in a bit maybe, or else if she does i'll try to man it for awhile today i think. I'm not sure, this case is a tough one for many of us I'm sure, and I don't know how close I want to be to it today.

:grouphug:

to everyone who has worked so hard to bring Adrienne home.

Regarding the wash, this area is higher in elevation than the valley. If the body did wash down to the area it was found, it would have been placed north / east of where it was found. That would indicate it could have been place in a far less populated area - as you travel east, toward the Superstition Mountains, there is less population more desert and... well, "nothingness".

I've been lurking this thread since it's kind of local to me. I wonder if it did wash down. Otherwise that's kind of a strange choice of place to leave her. There has been a lot of rain (by AZ standards) since she went missing, so maybe that explains it. For the reasons you mention, unless someone had a particular affinity for that spot or was in a hurry to come to the first kinda semi-remote area nearby, they would have kept going and reached far less pop density pretty immediately.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Skeletal-remains-in-Apache-Junction-possibly-those-of-Adrienne-Salinas-219763351.html

"Detectives eventually ruled out both that cab driver and Salinas' boyfriend as suspects in the young woman's disappearance. At this point, police do not have any suspects in the case.
Pooley said if the remains are that of Salinas, investigators will go back and take another look at everybody, even those previously cleared.
"Nothing is off the table as we speak right now," Pooley told Rafols.
Police have been in contact with Salinas' family, keeping them apprised of these developments."

Im thinking The media gave officer Pooley the chance to issue a public warning if this homicide were committed by someone who is still at large/unidentified... Why no public warning?

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member