AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I've been surfing online trying to find more articles and I come across this one . This article says that the father was told it was random. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Could SPD be keeping the truth about it being random? I'm very confused now , all these different articles are really contradictory

I would take it with a grain of salt...but do you have the link please?

ETA

Thanks.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that. I can't imagine LE telling her father that,three days in, when they seem to have not made much progress weeks later. I think he may have misunderstood, or LE goofed...if they really believe this was "random" and not "isolated" and/or "targeted" they owe the public some info, fast. Jmo

Could LE have said at the beginning that it was a random attack so that the perp would let his guard down? Maybe they wanted time to get results back from the lab because there is a certain POI in their sights. I hope it is all part of their strategy and it will be successful in cornering the perp.

I was just checking in to see if an arrest was made. I was hoping that LE had someone in that they thought was the perp. Hope this is solved soon.

I recall one of my first jobs, working as a sales clerk in a department store chain. I worked in the men's department. We had a "serial shoplifter" the store was trying to catch and there was an undercover detective who worked for the store who was trying to catch the perp.

We had discovered that this shoplifter was hiding items in a bag under one of the bins and then he would, with no one looking, pick it up and walk out of the store.

One evening before closing time we were discretely told that a bag had been located and our detective was just waiting for him to get it and walk out the door so he could nab him. I don't know how it is now but then the shoplifter had to be outside the store with the goods in order to be accused.

I recall the detective (under cover) standing near the door when a man with a bag was walking down the aisle towards the exit. The detective pretended not to be watching as he got closer and closer. Then something happened. Another employee came walking by on her way out.

"Hi Mr. Smith" she said. "Caught anybody today?"

The guy with the bag dropped it and walked out of the store.

Okay so I've been surfing online trying to find more articles and I come across this one . This article says that the father was told it was random. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Could SPD be keeping the truth about it being random? I'm very confused now , all these different articles are really contradictory

My beautiful friend Kym,

With regards to your link:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ews-scottsdale-murder-family-speaks/23787219/

I just spoke with the newsroom manager over at Arizona Central. She was very open about the case and the report. She said that Tricia Hendricks, the reporter, did interview Allison's dad and this is what he told her, at the time.

She expressed great frustration over having nothing new to report. She also told me that in the beginning the family, including the dad, was willing to speak with reporters about the case, but that now they refuse to speak with them.

She said that every day they talk to the SPD and ask for any new information and that every day they are told the same thing. Nothing new to report.

She told me this case is the highest thing on their priority list and they wish they had something new on it but they just don't. They fully understand the frustration of the public while at the same time they think that SPD is doing everything in their power to solve this case.

She did say, in her opinion, that she didn't think SPD would let the public think they were safe if there was some "madman running around loose out there".

ETA - There have also been other reports from azcentral.com after the one of Feb. 2lst, that say LE thinks she was "targeted" and "not random". This one of Feb. 25th as an example:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ergeant-paul-penzone-solving-murder/24035605/

Could LE have said at the beginning that it was a random attack so that the perp would let his guard down? Maybe they wanted time to get results back from the lab because there is a certain POI in their sights. I hope it is all part of their strategy and it will be successful in cornering the perp.

Hi Indy, I just saw this. And I think it's very important to address your question because we are wondering why there is so much misinformation and lack of information.

To clarify: I don't know what LE told Allison's father. I assume that whatever they did tell him this is what he heard. Because I can't think of any other reason he would have told a major news source that he was told it was a "random act" if they didn't think it was. UNLESS, he misunderstood them. Or, UNLESS, initially they did think it was random because they didn't have enough information to go on to tell the father anything else.

In a case like this the police would most certainly have to give out some kind of information, even if they didn't want to. I would think that the poor bereaved parents were desperate to know something, anything. And at that time, in the beginning of the investigation, it was probably easier to tell them it was "random" rather than tell them someone who knew their daughter would have killed her in such a horrible and gruesome way. We, the public, still don't know all the details, but presumably the family does.

I just can't see SPD playing "cat and mouse". Leaking false information on purpose. But then, stranger things have happened. I think they do have a suspect. I hope they're close to an arrest. I don't know what's taking so long but whatever the case they are playing their cards very close to their chest and no amount of pressure or browbeating is going to make them show their hand.

It is what it is.

Regardless, those of us in the area should be on high alert until this case is solved.

IMO

Good post,Miss D. I don't blame anyone who lives in the area for being on high alert. I remember when the bodies were being discovered here on Long Island and LE stated there was a serial killer. I was a wreck, even though all the victims were apparently prostitutes. I taught very close to where the bodies were found. I kept thinking what if he decides to go after different types of victims.

Maybe there is no significance to this, but I've been thinking that in the case of someone as well loved as Allison was, someone would perhaps have organized a vigil -- as a way of keeping the case in the public eye. Then the SPD could attend and note others who also attend. . . .

Good post,Miss D. I don't blame anyone who lives in the area for being on high alert. I remember when the bodies were being discovered here on Long Island and LE stated there was a serial killer. I was a wreck, even though all the victims were apparently prostitutes. I taught very close to where the bodies were found. I kept thinking what if he decides to go after different types of victims.

Oh Gosh Luvrosco!!! That is beyond terrifying! Did they ever catch the killer? I'm sorry I'm not really up to date on that case.

ETA: I just read Wikipedia about it. Horrifyingly interesting! So they never did find out who did it?

Are you feeling safe there now? Maybe it isn't safe anywhere.

Maybe there is no significance to this, but I've been thinking that in the case of someone as well loved as Allison was, someone would perhaps have organized a vigil -- as a way of keeping the case in the public eye. Then the SPD could attend and note others who also attend. . . .

Pacific,

I think it is significant but I'm not sure why. I thought it was strange there was no vigil and no reward.

They will be having a memorial service for her here on March 22nd. Maybe LE will be there.

Mostly, vigils seem to be for missing people, to keep them in the news when story goes cold, Imo.

I have heard of vigils being held for people who have died. I think it would be very nice to have a candlelight vigil in her neighborhood to honor her and also to raise awareness and give people an opportunity to speak about it.

I don't think most of the neighbors will be going to her memorial service which will be across town and in a religious institution with friends and family and others who knew her. I don't think it will be a media event.

IMO

Oh Gosh Luvrosco!!! That is beyond terrifying! Did they ever catch the killer? I'm sorry I'm not really up to date on that case.

ETA: I just read Wikipedia about it. Horrifyingly interesting! So they never did find out who did it?

Are you feeling safe there now? Maybe it isn't safe anywhere.

I've heard from 2 people in LE that the POI killed himself when he realized that LE was on to him. Quite a few other people seemed to have heard the same thing. However, there has been no official word from LE,so I don't know what to think.

My beautiful friend Kym,

With regards to your link:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ews-scottsdale-murder-family-speaks/23787219/

I just spoke with the newsroom manager over at Arizona Central. She was very open about the case and the report. She said that Tricia Hendricks, the reporter, did interview Allison's dad and this is what he told her, at the time.

She expressed great frustration over having nothing new to report. She also told me that in the beginning the family, including the dad, was willing to speak with reporters about the case, but that now they refuse to speak with them.

She said that every day they talk to the SPD and ask for any new information and that every day they are told the same thing. Nothing new to report.

She told me this case is the highest thing on their priority list and they wish they had something new on it but they just don't. They fully understand the frustration of the public while at the same time they think that SPD is doing everything in their power to solve this case.

She did say, in her opinion, that she didn't think SPD would let the public think they were safe if there was some "madman running around loose out there".

ETA - There have also been other reports from azcentral.com after the one of Feb. 2lst, that say LE thinks she was "targeted" and "not random". This one of Feb. 25th as an example:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ergeant-paul-penzone-solving-murder/24035605/

Well Kym,

They didn't let us down. It's a story even if there's nothing really new. They have at least tried to assure us someone isn't being killed every third house down. :(
I really do appreciate AzCentral and Tricia Hendricks for running the story.

image.jpg

AzCentral
By Trisha Hendricks
12 NEWS March 13, 2015
Scottsdale police say murder victim was targeted

It's been nearly a month since Allison Feldman was found naked, with a cloth wrapped around her head.

Read more.....

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dale-murder-mystery-allison-feldman/70318816/

Quite frankly I am offended that the SPD media liaison is so lacking in diplomacy, sensitivity, and the skills necessary to interact with the community in a way that makes them feel safer and valued.

I plan to let my feelings be known to the Chief of Police and the Mayor.

There is no room for smartass remarks in a serious investigation involving the death of a young woman or anyone else for that matter:

"We don't believe that there is a person on the loose that is hitting every third home," Hoster said.

Quite frankly I am offended that the SPD media liaison is so lacking in diplomacy, sensitivity, and the skills necessary to interact with the community in a way that makes them feel safer and valued.

I plan to let my feelings be known to the Chief of Police and the Mayor.

There is no room for smartass remarks in a serious investigation involving the death of a young woman or anyone else for that matter:

"We don't believe that there is a person on the loose that is hitting every third home," Hoster said.

:goodpost: Well said!

Well Kym,

They didn't let us down. It's a story even if there's nothing really new. They have at least tried to assure us someone isn't being killed every third house down. :(
I really do appreciate AzCentral and Tricia Hendricks for running the story.

View attachment 71072

AzCentral
By Trisha Hendricks
12 NEWS March 13, 2015
Scottsdale police say murder victim was targeted

It's been nearly a month since Allison Feldman was found naked, with a cloth wrapped around her head.Read more.....

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dale-murder-mystery-allison-feldman/70318816/

BBM. I find it curious that the item wrapped around Allison's head has not been identified more specifically than just as "a cloth." That seems to indicate that it was not a common household item like, e.g., a towel, sheet, pillowcase, or even a tablecloth. And since it was large enough to be "wrapped around," it seems it was larger than, say, a dishcloth or washcloth.

Any ideas? TIA.

BBM. I find it curious that the item wrapped around Allison's head has not been identified more specifically than just as "a cloth." That seems to indicate that it was not a common household item like, e.g., a towel, sheet, pillowcase, or even a tablecloth. And since it was large enough to be "wrapped around," it seems it was larger than, say, a dishcloth or washcloth.

Any ideas? TIA.

It seems it could be many things found in a household such as you named and perhaps they purposely withheld the info. I also noticed from the interior pictures a lot of decorative window drapery. The easiest thing anyone would grab would be a towel or sheet i would think.

Why do you think it was wrapped around her head? To stop the bleeding initially trying to help her? Not realizing at first what he had done? Or covering up her face as it was too hard to see her face after such a brutal act? Sorry to be so graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129