AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, with LE having retracted what they said about Allison being targeted, and they are saying it could be someone in the neighborhood, and that they don't know if she did or didn't know her attacker, and with the few things that were stolen, this is my take :

I think by now LE has had time to interview every handyman, pool guy, a/c man, alarm installer, etc that Allison ever had contact with or performed work at her house. If they had found anything, by now there would have been an arrest IMO.

If it was someone she knew and trusted enough to let them in at night, why on earth would they do such a horrible thing to her?

Why would someone she knew take such a risk of being caught? It doesn't make sense to me anymore. I'm wondering now if she was followed home from the store or shopping or wherever she was on Monday or Tuesday. Maybe even before.

Rapist killers have been known to stalk their victims for months. Allison was a very attractive young woman. And the truth is there are a lot of weirdos in this area.

It could have been anyone. Anyone off the street. But whoever it is may still be hanging around, so if you live in the area.....stay safe. Be extra cautious.

This is sounding more and more random.

It's sad that we can't feel safe even in our homes these days.

IMO

At this point, with LE having retracted what they said about Allison being targeted, and they are saying it could be someone in the neighborhood, and that they don't know if she did or didn't know her attacker, and with the few things that were stolen, this is my take :

I think by now LE has had time to interview every handyman, pool guy, a/c man, alarm installer, etc that Allison ever had contact with or performed work at her house. If they had found anything, by now there would have been an arrest IMO.

If it was someone she knew and trusted enough to let them in at night, why on earth would they do such a horrible thing to her?

Why would someone she knew take such a risk of being caught? It doesn't make sense to me anymore. I'm wondering now if she was followed home from the store or shopping or wherever she was on Monday or Tuesday. Maybe even before.

Rapist killers have been known to stalk their victims for months. Allison was a very attractive young woman. And the truth is there are a lot of weirdos in this area.

It could have been anyone. Anyone off the street. But whoever it is may still be hanging around, so if you live in the area.....stay safe. Be extra cautious.

This is sounding more and more random.

It's sad that we can't feel safe even in our homes these days.

IMO

Yes, I think you're right that they should have had time to interview all the people you mentioned MissD. It's looking more like a random crime to me... I wish LE would give more info to the public.

I'm starting to wonder if it was a neighbor or one of the workers she was looking to hire or did hire that killed her. I was leaning towards the BF but by now I would think they would know if it were him...right? Someone on here stated they thought the BF was ruled out early on but I have not heard that reported by LE. I'm still wondering about that neighbors camera and what was captured. Did it film the BF leaving on Tuesday when he was kicked out by AF to study? It must have filmed something that reports made mention of it...right? It seems as if it were a burglary that more items would've been taken. The cloth over her face still makes me think that someone she knew did this. Has LE gone door to door to interviews neighbors or is that not allowed? All very puzzling!

Since so little has been reported, it's not been reported if the house was ransacked. Also if burglary, perp may not have taken much because of the murder.

As far as neighbors go, I'd go further than 6 houses. Sounds like he walked there, so walking distance, but could have parked car down the street. The burglaries that I have known about, happened in the day and the burglars parked their vehicle in the driveway to get tvs, anything of value.

The mother of one of my friends was nearly attacked in her home years ago. She was asleep at night, slept with a sleep mask. Woke up with the feeling that someone was in the room, turned on the nightstand light. A man was standing over her. Her eyes were still adjusting to the light and she yelled "Sean." The intruder ran out the room and out of the house. She called 911. Told LE she thought it was one of her son's teenage friends, who was 17 or 18 at the time. They found a rope in the hallway, which did not come from the house, LE said he was probably planning to rape her. When LE talked to the neighbor's family, his mother claimed he never left the house and she was up all night watching TV. No arrest ever made.

Yes, I think you're right that they should have had time to interview all the people you mentioned MissD. It's looking more like a random crime to me... I wish LE would give more info to the public.

They may think we would panic if we knew the truth. They might think they are doing the community a favor by sparing us the details. Maybe they think we feel safer not knowing. But this simply is not the case.

It is much more frightening not knowing.

Since so little has been reported, it's not been reported if the house was ransacked. Also if burglary, perp may not have taken much because of the murder.

As far as neighbors go, I'd go further than 6 houses. Sounds like he walked there, so walking distance, but could have parked car down the street. The burglaries that I have known about, happened in the day and the burglars parked their vehicle in the driveway to get tvs, anything of value.

The mother of one of my friends was nearly attacked in her home years ago. She was asleep at night, slept with a sleep mask. Woke up with the feeling that someone was in the room, turned on the nightstand light. A man was standing over her. Her eyes were still adjusting to the light and she yelled "Sean." The intruder ran out the room and out of the house. She called 911. Told LE she thought it was one of her son's teenage friends, who was 17 or 18 at the time. They found a rope in the hallway, which did not come from the house, LE said he was probably planning to rape her. When LE talked to the neighbor's family, his mother claimed he never left the house and she was up all night watching TV. No arrest ever made.

So do you think maybe it might be someone in the neighborhood with a known personality disorder and LE is now putting out info (bracelet etc) in an effort to get the parents attention. Remember they said he might not be violent but could become violent if confronted. Could be the parents are protecting him, if this is the case.

Pure speculation of course.

IMO

Did someone see her BF leave on Tuesday and then knowing she was alone, knock on her door and force their way in? I have heard of that type of entry by criminals several times.

Okay, whew. I am caught up on reading the threads. A couple of things that I noted while reading:

In the picture, I only see 11 tulips in the vase. Where is the missing one?
On her facebook page, her friend (appears to be to be a BFF) says she just talked to her Tuesday (night) I'm trying to find the post to link and confirm but what time was it? Did she work on Tuesday?
She has an iPhone. The text messages can be read via icloud if the phone was backed up prior to being turned off/stolen/destroyed. Surely SPD have looked into that, right? As well as phone records of texts to and from as well as calls in and out. (Even if they can't read the messages)
The bf seems "off" to me but I'm not sure if it's b/c he is not a native (his word placement is off) American or if he really is hiding something. That could be as simple as they did recently "break up" and he doesn't want anyone to know since she was murdered OR he really is innocent and just doesn't handle grief in a text book way. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation.

According to the timeline the perp would have likely been at her house for at least 2 hours. Is that a standard time frame for killing someone? Seems like a long time for a random break in murder?? I would think if she let the person in and knew them that they had a conversation (or argument) prior to the events that went down. Not sure what those are or aren't but I feel that it involved more than a random breakin/possible rape/murder. JMO

I hope answers come soon, her facebook page is truly heartbreaking. She is someone a couple of years younger than I am who works in the same professional environment as I do. I am sorry for the huge loss her friends and family have experienced.

I agree. I'm trying to think when I even use the word cloth. Mostly never. I guess when I refer to a drop-cloth is about the only time.

Ok, I know I'm old school, but I still, on occasion, say "dishcloth", "washcloth" and "dustcloth". I've also been known to refer to cleaning cloths.

Is LE still claiming that the perp left at 1AM? I'm still not sure how they know this. If he was caught on a camera,can't they enhance it to get a better idea of his description. I have cameras on my house. I helped nab someone thst kept ringing my next door neighbor's door late at night. My son kept freezing the tape and enlarging it. It turned out we figured out it was a fairly young kid and not an adult.

Is LE still claiming that the perp left at 1AM? I'm still not sure how they know this. If he was caught on a camera,can't they enhance it to get a better idea of his description. I have cameras on my house. I helped nab someone thst kept ringing my next door neighbor's door late at night. My son kept freezing the tape and enlarging it. It turned out we figured out it was a fairly young kid and not an adult.

That's a great question!! I'm still wondering if the camera captured the time the BF left when AF kicked him out to go study on Tuesday, I believe it was. No answers on any of these things that I've read.

Video from a standard home security camera can only be enhanced so much, and who knows if the camera had IR (infra red), which is even harder to enhance. It comes done to the PSI of the resolution.
I have 2 security cameras with a range of 425' with IR illumination in the cameras and extra IR "lights" to pick up dark areas that the cameras pick up. Sure, they pick up a lot of movement, but there's only so much you can do to enhance it because it has a mid range pixel rate. I have others that pull in 250', you can only use so much enhancement.
You've got to go high tech, Gen 5 Military grade, or more to get pics that can do anything close to what you see on crime programs. (my bro's been in IT for over 25 years, he'll tell you the same)
Most home security systems have a range of 10'-25', which may or may not have IR if it's motion light sensored.
You've seen those grainy pics from convenience stores of POI's and that's as good as it gets at 10-25'. And that's with full illumination from florescent lights.
Whoever it was may have worn a hoodie because of the night time temps and most likely dark clothing.

Maybe saying the DNA wouldn't be back for 2 weeks was to see if any possible POI's would run?

Bernina, you're correct. My cameras were installed last May and we were told at the time they were one of the best quality. What my son was able to determine was that it was most likely not an adult. Then my neighbor was able to zero in on a couple of boys on our block. She purposely kept the house dark and waited until he rang the bell and then opened it and was able to confront him. I just thought that perhaps LE had more sophisticated means to determine more elements of the person's built,thereby narrowing it down further.

Okay, whew. I am caught up on reading the threads. A couple of things that I noted while reading:

On her facebook page, her friend (appears to be to be a BFF) says she just talked to her Tuesday (night) I'm trying to find the post to link and confirm but what time was it? Did she work on Tuesday?
She has an iPhone. The text messages can be read via icloud if the phone was backed up prior to being turned off/stolen/destroyed. Surely SPD have looked into that, right? As well as phone records of texts to and from as well as calls in and out. (Even if they can't read the messages)
The bf seems "off" to me but I'm not sure if it's b/c he is not a native (his word placement is off) American or if he really is hiding something. That could be as simple as they did recently "break up" and he doesn't want anyone to know since she was murdered OR he really is innocent and just doesn't handle grief in a text book way. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation.

According to the timeline the perp would have likely been at her house for at least 2 hours. Is that a standard time frame for killing someone? Seems like a long time for a random break in murder?? I would think if she let the person in and knew them that they had a conversation (or argument) prior to the events that went down. Not sure what those are or aren't but I feel that it involved more than a random breakin/possible rape/murder. JMO

I hope answers come soon, her facebook page is truly heartbreaking. She is someone a couple of years younger than I am who works in the same professional environment as I do. I am sorry for the huge loss her friends and family have experienced.

A task unto itself - reading all the posts here! Glad to read your thoughts! We cannot sleuth her BF :tos: - not directed at you, just wanted to use that smiley :lol:
I mentione thinking it strange about the picture of the tulips - the bunch in a vase seem older flowers as are more open, the other, still wrapped appear newer..
I did not notice what you picked up - only 11 in the vase (perhaps one opened up and fell apart, adding to idea they are older) - but not sure what any of it means..

LE should by now have all incoming/outgoing phone records.... The perp taking her phone IMO felt something was on it that would be incriminating... if he called from a throwaway phone, then phone records won't help, whereas she might have taken his photo, photo of his car license plate, etc - but that's gone unless she backed it up to cloud, but getting Apple to unlock - not easy for LE... (here's where bringing in higher authorities might help)..

In the cases we follow, we never know the full-story like LE does, so IMO it comes down to more a feeling we get about a crime - since we've followed so many... in this case it feels like someone she crossed paths with in weeks before going missing who noticed and went after her - sexual attack. Could be anyone who moved into the area recently, could be if she went to gym or pool, could be anyone she sought to employ...

Ok, I know I'm old school, but I still, on occasion, say "dishcloth", "washcloth" and "dustcloth". I've also been known to refer to cleaning cloths.

This particular "cloth" was described in the report as being "wrapped around her head". I also use some of the terms you mentioned, but "wrapped around" leads me to believe this was larger than a washcloth or dishcloth. Probably even your average dust cloth.

Maybe whoever wrote up the report was " old school" as well. I'm in agreement with AZPGirl that the choice of the word "cloth" seems odd and intentional. Maybe if they had specifically stated in the report what it was it might have somehow jeopardized the case.

A task unto itself - reading all the posts here! Glad to read your thoughts! We cannot sleuth her BF :tos: - not directed at you, just wanted to use that smiley :lol:
I mentione thinking it strange about the picture of the tulips - the bunch in a vase seem older flowers as are more open, the other, still wrapped appear newer..
I did not notice what you picked up - only 11 in the vase (perhaps one opened up and fell apart, adding to idea they are older) - but not sure what any of it means..

LE should by now have all incoming/outgoing phone records.... The perp taking her phone IMO felt something was on it that would be incriminating... if he called from a throwaway phone, then phone records won't help, whereas she might have taken his photo, photo of his car license plate, etc - but that's gone unless she backed it up to cloud, but getting Apple to unlock - not easy for LE... (here's where bringing in higher authorities might help)..

In the cases we follow, we never know the full-story like LE does, so IMO it comes down to more a feeling we get about a crime - since we've followed so many... in this case it feels like someone she crossed paths with in weeks before going missing who noticed and went after her - sexual attack. Could be anyone who moved into the area recently, could be if she went to gym or pool, could be anyone she sought to employ...

Thanks for the reminder :) Also, I am not 100% sure on if it was someone she knew (the clues that appear to make it that way) or someone she didn't know very well. Like you stated. I'm also not sure that is wasn't the alarm company installer. Those people usually contract out staff IIRC from a long time ago when we dealt with a home alarm. I do find the picture of the tulips odd. I take pictures of everything in my life (if I come up missing, you guys will have plenty to work with) so I can't figure out the dynamic going on in that photo.

Another angle:

I know we can't sleuth the boyfriend. And I don't think he did it. I am personally of the opinion he was very much in love with her and finding her body like that is something he will probably never get over. I feel terribly sorry for him.

But I do wonder if he had any enemies who might have wanted to get back at him for some reason. The brutality of this crime is what is so puzzling. It could have been a revenge killing. Or maybe it was an ex of his who hated him and killed her to get even.

This just doesn't seem to be the work of a "kid in the neighborhood" or a "random killer".

On the other hand, LE has stated it was a male haven't they.

A woman could still have somehow been involved in the "scheme". Someone who hated him and hated Allison.

IMO

I think LE would know by now if Allison or BF had enemies to the extent of brutal murder, jmo.

I'm glad you find the Valentine's Day pic with the tulips unusual too. I have since the beginning felt there was more to that photo than meets the eye. As well as there being only 11 tulips in the vase, there is the extra bunch laying beside the vase.

It's probably nothing, but in light of the fact that was the last photo Allison posted on her Facebook page, it makes one wonder what happened that weekend.

IMO

Maybe I'm too much of a romantic, but I can't help but think that after a romantic Valentine's Day weekend, which I am presuming it was, that I would send my lover home to "study and have quiet time" .... especially if I was going to be leaving in two or three days for the Bahamas. After all, as someone else mentioned, he could have studied there.

Did something happen that weekend? Something that might have caused excitement. Is this why she thought he needed "quiet time". I just find that unusual to say to a grown man.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member