AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm back! I asked my hubby about the bracelet. He said that it is given to new employees at their first national sales meeting. I asked him how long she was employed, and he said he would have to check for sure but thought it was less than two years. I am sure that you all read her dad's comments about how she had just gotten a new dress for a work event. She was scheduled to go the national sales conference for this year, which was held in the Bahamas. It was the week after she was killed. The previous one could've been her first and it was in California in 2013. My husband's cuff links are not monogrammed or anything, so I would think the same would be true for the bracelet. I don't believe they were customized in any way. Also, I do know that she has a sales manager (not his exact title) that has been thoroughly questioned in this case. I asked my hubby about him, and he said that he's a pretty good guy but that there are qualities about him that he finds odd. Hmmmm? I would think that he has been cleared in this case, or I would've heard more about that. My hubby is a top exec there. I do recall that after a month or so had gone by, there was talk amongst the company about a serial killer. I didn't think much of that given all the information and statements from LE about this case. It is still my opinion that that is not the case, but who knows? Hope this helps. I am following with JMO here because I don't mean at any point to implicate her boss in any way.

Oops... I meant 2014 for the one in California.

Hi everyone! I'm back! I asked my hubby about the bracelet. He said that it is given to new employees at their first national sales meeting. I asked him how long she was employed, and he said he would have to check for sure but thought it was less than two years. I am sure that you all read her dad's comments about how she had just gotten a new dress for a work event. She was scheduled to go the national sales conference for this year, which was held in the Bahamas. It was the week after she was killed. The previous one could've been her first and it was in California in 2013. My husband's cuff links are not monogrammed or anything, so I would think the same would be true for the bracelet. I don't believe they were customized in any way. Also, I do know that she has a sales manager (not his exact title) that has been thoroughly questioned in this case. I asked my hubby about him, and he said that he's a pretty good guy but that there are qualities about him that he finds odd. Hmmmm? I would think that he has been cleared in this case, or I would've heard more about that. My hubby is a top exec there. I do recall that after a month or so had gone by, there was talk amongst the company about a serial killer. I didn't think much of that given all the information and statements from LE about this case. It is still my opinion that that is not the case, but who knows? Hope this helps. I am following with JMO here because I don't mean at any point to implicate her boss in any way.

Thanks for the explanation about the bracelet!
Yep, without a POI from the SPD, you need to tread lightly. But I think your post kept within the TOS!

Sounds like the killer/killers were squeamish yet stayed around for long enough to sanitise the scene — maybe out of consideration for the person who would find her.

Seems hard for me to believe that a killer would have consideration for anyone.

Sounds like the killer/killers were squeamish yet stayed around for long enough to sanitise the scene — maybe out of consideration for the person who would find her.

They would of tried to get rid of any thing that would implicate them. I would think that would be what they cared about most. Not about who would find her.

They would of tried to get rid of any thing that would implicate them. I would think that would be what they cared about most. Not about who would find her.

Maybe that's why her head was wrapped, to stop any blood they could have tracked through?:thinking: She was found in a pool of blood according to the BF and crime scene report, and that was approximately 15 hours after the attack.

Maybe that's why her head was wrapped, to stop any blood they could have tracked through?:thinking: She was found in a pool of blood according to the BF and crime scene report, and that was approximately 15 hours after the attack.
Good point Bernina...that may be the reason her head was wrapped.

Welcome back and thank you so much for the information, it was very helpful.

April 30, 2015

It's now been more than two months since the brutal murder and still, no killer and no suspects.Feldman's father Harley says he's waiting for police to get the right leads and connect the dots. That includes the DNA sample of the unknown suspect.
"It's a big statement that they know who this guy was potentially and so now they have to try to put the other evidence around it and narrow down who that might be," said Allison's dad Harley Feldman.
Now investigators just have to find a DNA match.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...der-victims-father-on-investigation/26686005/

Exclusive: Scottsdale murder victim's father on investigation

I feel sure that the family is wondering what LE is doing to bring in a suspect that will turn out to be the perpetrator. It's so gut-wrenching, I'm sure, to keep hearing for them to be patient and let us (LE) do our jobs. The family needs something to gnaw on... Soon. And LE can't tell them anything specific, as far as we know, anyway. IMO. We are in that early, LE close-to-the-vest, family/friends going-berserk phase right now.

I've been thinking all along that they had DNA of some sort and they are obviously still looking for a match. I assume that this DNA is irrefutably from the attack/killing of Allison. I may have missed this part of their investigation, but did LE ask for cheek swabs from close friends & family members so that they could be ruled out?

I'll repeat my Taft/Williford scenario here for this case.

2010 -- In a nice, stable neighborhood here in Raleigh, NC (city pop. ~500,000; Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Triangle pop. ~2,000,000), a 63 y/o woman was brutally raped & murdered while staying at a friend's house in Raleigh where she had come for a State-level meeting. LE had semen DNA from her body, so they visited the nearby neighbors asking for cheek swabs from the men. One neighbor refused, so LE got permission to put a 24-hr undercover surveillance on him & they obtained his DNA from a cigarette butt, sent it to the lab and got a match within hours. This match gave LE the probable cause they needed for an arrest. Trial. Guilty. LWOP.

Maybe that is what LE has here -- some type of DNA but no match. Let's hope that's what they are working on at this time. If so, they certainly cannot say anything to the public, IMO. No one can know for obvious reasons. They just need samples for a match that could lead to an arrest. Let's hope that something like that is in progress.

Looong time lurker here who finally decided to chime in. I work close to where this happened, so I took a short drive past Allison's house a couple of days ago. In the photos I'd seen (mostly from news reports), it appeared that the house was set back quite aways from the street with a large front yard. That's not the case; her house sat pretty close to the street. The street where she lived is fairly narrow and the houses are close together on somewhat smaller lots. She had neighbors on either side and across from her. There's an alley that runs along back with houses on either side of it as well. The neighborhood appears well-maintained and when I drove through (mid-day), there were a lot of cars in driveways and people outside doing yard work, chatting, etc.

I guess my point is that her house was not isolated. A loud struggle/fight/gunshot (*speculating only!*) might have been heard by nearby neighbors. Those homes were constructed years ago when builders typically used concrete block rather than wood, but even so, given the alleged viciousness of the attack and the alleged struggle involved, I doubt she went quietly (poor thing). Her home had been extensively remodeled, so it's possible that it was not as soundproof as it might have been originally. Again, these are just my observations, and depending upon the time of day/night the murder took place, it's entirely possible no one saw or heard a thing... or if they did, they chalked it up to not wanting to get involved, teenage shenanigans, whatever.

On another note, Allison had a Cox Communications home security sign in her front yard that was still in place when I drove by. No one seems to know if she had her alarm set and disarmed it, but FWIW, Cox is not a cut-rate company. It should be easy for LE to get the records of when she set her alarm, disarmed it, if there was a security breach, when, and on which window/door (even if the alarm was immediately disarmed) and so on. Finally, there is not a for-sale sign in the yard, but there is currently a lockbox on the front door.

I could *absolutely* be wrong, but I personally believe LE has much more information about this case than they are releasing. I have relatives and friends who are LEOs in another state, and the majority of the time, they know who did it, but cannot publicly move forward until there is enough solid evidence that would stand up in a court of law and (hopefully) guarantee a conviction.

As a first-time poster, I hope I didn't violate any WS rules and this is all just my opinion. :moo:

Looong time lurker here who finally decided to chime in. I work close to where this happened, so I took a short drive past Allison's house a couple of days ago. In the photos I'd seen (mostly from news reports), it appeared that the house was set back quite aways from the street with a large front yard. That's not the case; her house sat pretty close to the street. The street where she lived is fairly narrow and the houses are close together on somewhat smaller lots. She had neighbors on either side and across from her. There's an alley that runs along back with houses on either side of it as well. The neighborhood appears well-maintained and when I drove through (mid-day), there were a lot of cars in driveways and people outside doing yard work, chatting, etc.

I guess my point is that her house was not isolated. A loud struggle/fight/gunshot (*speculating only!*) might have been heard by nearby neighbors. Those homes were constructed years ago when builders typically used concrete block rather than wood, but even so, given the alleged viciousness of the attack and the alleged struggle involved, I doubt she went quietly (poor thing). Her home had been extensively remodeled, so it's possible that it was not as soundproof as it might have been originally. Again, these are just my observations, and depending upon the time of day/night the murder took place, it's entirely possible no one saw or heard a thing... or if they did, they chalked it up to not wanting to get involved, teenage shenanigans, whatever.

On another note, Allison had a Cox Communications home security sign in her front yard that was still in place when I drove by. No one seems to know if she had her alarm set and disarmed it, but FWIW, Cox is not a cut-rate company. It should be easy for LE to get the records of when she set her alarm, disarmed it, if there was a security breach, when, and on which window/door (even if the alarm was immediately disarmed) and so on. Finally, there is not a for-sale sign in the yard, but there is currently a lockbox on the front door.

I could *absolutely* be wrong, but I personally believe LE has much more information about this case than they are releasing. I have relatives and friends who are LEOs in another state, and the majority of the time, they know who did it, but cannot publicly move forward until there is enough solid evidence that would stand up in a court of law and (hopefully) guarantee a conviction.

As a first-time poster, I hope I didn't violate any WS rules and this is all just my opinion. :moo:

But, you can't get more solid evidence than a DNA match. This hiding LE is doing behind closed doors is not getting them anywhere, IMO.

I have always found this odd. Is it normal to plan an engagement? For the female to know she will be getting a ring at a certain future date in a certain future place? Was it possible that he had plans that she didn't know of and could have been disappointed (that's a big could have-they were only 10 mos into their relationship after all) that she didn't get a ring for v-day?

I'm not saying it is or isn't the case but it could be right? Unless I'm wrong about planned engagements which I have never known anyone to be a part of. JMO

I am not familiar with this type thing, and it's been a long time since I became engaged, and I am not Jewish...

We do see "engagement parties" now -- that's not the same thing as deciding to "get engaged" at a certain place & date, but....

It might be they planned to celebrate their engagement in Israel -- a good reason to go over there and maybe an attempt to start their real relationship in a place sacred and/or very special to them. Maybe they were serious practicing Jews who wanted to start their lives together in a most sacred way. And maybe it was simply a great reason to take a trip. I don't find this unusual at all.

Revising the list started by MissD with addition of #6 &#7. While far fetched in the is case, I'm covering all the bases from what I've seen elsewhere.

1. Burglary

2. Rapist

3. Serial Killer

4. Stalker (Neighbor or other)

5. Domestic Violence (Someone she was close to or knew from the past

6. Paid killer.

7. Mistaken address, or intended victim previous occupant.

Good, good point, OldSteve!! It happens.

Welcome, orangecrush. You did just fine. Hope you continue to post, always good to hear from people who live there.

Here's something else....when my family member started her job, she had 2 weeks training out of state with reps from all over. Came home on weekends. While in her training phase, she also had weekend trips in state with other reps who were based in state also.

She also has to drive all over her territory. Many, many miles and sometimes out in the boonies to see clients.

LE has DNA, but no match to it. Who left DNA that doesn't have a record or prints on file?

And I'm in no way suggesting sleuthing any co workers, BF, or friends. This is all MO.

My company also sends new hires to two week training. I wonder if someone she knew from another division maybe stopped in while they were in town? Just another idea to throw out there(?)

Wow this is going off the radar! What a shame. Look at that latest case in DC. they are showing the image of a POI on a camera to help solve the case. Why are they not doing this here? This secrecy is NOT helping.

Is LE waiting for someone to break, to confess?? All along I think many of us, during this LE silence, have been thinking (hoping) that a break and an arrest was just around the corner. And I hope it happens tomorrow, but it's been a long time. Is politics involved? Someone's son? SMH. Just random thoughts...

If the perpetrator -- a stranger -- did follow her home, rushed in the door with her and did his business & left, we may never know. Same with a serial killer/stalker. Or a guy in the neighborhood.

:sigh:

I was watching 48 Hours Investigation Discovery and they recapped the case of Dana Claire Edwards. The similarities in evidence and circumstances in Dana Claire's case and Allison's are alarmingly similar (wound type, towel, occurred shortly after a holiday, individuals cooperating, video surveillance, etc.) Google it and see if you can watch the full episode online. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link. It took a year to solve the case.

I am puzzled by the lack of reward for info on the case. Allison's family most definitely has the means to offer a sizeable reward. I am from their local area. It makes me wonder if police are just waiting for the individual responsible to trip up on their own.
:goodpost:

:welcome:

to Websleuths,

:cheer:
ntmars!! :cheer:

We're glad you're here!
!
:confetti::happydance:

Thanks, orangecrush, for the great sleuthing job and report! It's always great to have some folks on the threads who are local to the area of the case. Good info. Please stick around with us as we continue to carry on with sweet Allison's case -- for her and for those who loved her, and for her still-worried, IMO, neighbors where you were recently, and for Scottsdale and the LEO's as well. We, like you, are hoping that they have a fist-full of evidence and proof of whodunit.
:goodpost:

Oh, one more thang:

:wagon:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths,:websleuther:

:cheer:orangecrush !!:cheer:

We're glad you're here!!

:happydance::thewave::happydance:​

Excellent post, orangecrush! Thank you, and welcome to Websleuths.

Regarding the "list":
Revising the list started by MissD with addition of #6 &#7. While far fetched in the is case, I'm covering all the bases from what I've seen elsewhere.

1. Burglary

2. Rapist

3. Serial Killer

4. Stalker (Neighbor or other)

5. Domestic Violence (Someone she was close to or knew from the past

6. Paid killer.

7. Mistaken address, or intended victim previous occupant.

Could be a combination of items, such as an initial robbery turned into rape, or a stalker who's becoming a serial killer...
Also could be someone she knew, but LE is not aware of...
Paid killer is rather way out. Don't have any motive for that.
Mistaken address, etc. also way out too..

So what do we have? - LE must feel a killer is not on the loose who is going to strike again - if we go by their being so quite. That makes me think they believe it was some kind of relationship/date gone bad; and the odds that happening again very low...
In the end, I admit, I'm confused.

Regarding the "list":

Could be a combination of items, such as an initial robbery turned into rape, or a stalker who's becoming a serial killer...
Also could be someone she knew, but LE is not aware of...
Paid killer is rather way out. Don't have any motive for that.
Mistaken address, etc. also way out too..

So what do we have? - LE must feel a killer is not on the loose who is going to strike again - if we go by their being so quite. That makes me think they believe it was some kind of relationship/date gone bad; and the odds that happening again very low...
In the end, I admit, I'm confused.

Usually in home invasions, the first thing they do is shoot the person, injure, then rob. Who knocks on someone's door, kills them and stays approximately 5 hours afterwards? If they did rob more than the bracelet, ccs and phone, I would think LE would let people know so they can spot something that someone has. If that's all they took, then what was their goal? You're right Old Steve, it IS confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46