AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wish is that LE would just clear the BF publicly, if possible. Jmo

I agree with you but IIRC he had said when he is ready he would make a statement. Guess he's still not ready.

Could LE or his attorney (if he has one) or some other adviser be telling him not to talk to the press or give a statement??

I does seem odd. I would at least want to address the neighbors and ask for them to call LE (or whoever is designated) if they have seen or heard any little thing. I would also ask everyone else to do the same -- did anyone see her that day or that night? Just say something -- maybe I would sleep a little better if I had done that. Unless he is under some perceived or real threat and has been told not to say anything.... (I know that one is far-fetched, but surely there is some reason for it.) The poor guy.

DNA is compelling evidence, no question. The tough part in terms of proof that will stand up in a court of law, though, is being able to show beyond a reasonable doubt that the DNA of the accused didn't get there through some other way, at some other time. I am *by no means* a DNA expert, but a good defense lawyer will do anything possible to poke holes in a prosecutor's argument. If there's a shadow of a doubt or there could potentially be other reasons the DNA was found where it was, LE will most likely try to get as much supporting evidence as possible before making an arrest.

The burden of proof is on the shoulders of LE and eventually, a prosecution team, since our justice system is based on "innocent until proven guilty." LE may have a mound of evidence, but could be waiting to make the case as airtight as possible so that once an arrest is made, the killer will be convicted and put away for a very long time (hopefully).

Again, all this is just my opinion! I'd love to hear an update on this case because Allison and her family deserve justice, but I still feel like there's a reason behind why LE has been so quiet. Hopefully, that reason *isn't* because the case has stalled.

Good post! Tagging onto your thinking, hypothetically, if DNA is found under Allison's nails and it is a match to someone that was very close to her, would LE find that fact to be hard to prove the match is her killer because it could have gotten there for benign reasons? I guess the matched person would also have to have recent scratches as well......and perhaps that is not the case - that there are no scratches.

The DNA statements by police are hard to reconcile for me.

LE seemes pretty confident the DNA was the killer's - so I take it to mean (got to hope) it's location or what it was mingled with or found under could only be explained as gotten their during the commission of murder...

LE seemes pretty confident the DNA was the killer's - so I take it to mean (got to hope) it's location or what it was mingled with or found under could only be explained as gotten their during the commission of murder...

Perhaps some was found on whatever cloth it was that was placed on her head and matched DNA found on her body/under nails, etc.

I would agree. Since they've stated they have the DNA of Allison's murderer, that would indicate that they are confident the DNA evidence got there through the action of the crime.

That makes me wonder, though, if perhaps they are collecting additional evidence to help build the case to determine what charge to move forward with. From my limited knowledge, murder 1 is quite different from murder 2 or manslaughter in terms of motive, planning, etc., and the potential sentence would correspond. I could be completely wrong, but I'm not sure that LE can arrest someone because they think they've got enough evidence. I *think* that's the decision of the potential prosecuting attorney - LEOs aren't attorneys; they may have loads of evidence and have solved the crime, but they are not the ones arguing for guilt in a court in front of a judge and jury. (If there are any lawyers or LEOs out there, absolutely feel free to correct me!)

On a different note - and perhaps this has already been addressed in one of the earlier threads - has anyone else found it a bit odd that it was stated that one of her father's texts to her didn't go through the Tuesday night before her body was discovered, as though that was some sort of foreshadowing? I have an iPhone 6 like Allison did. If her phone was turned off, the text would have shown up when she powered her phone back on, unless there was something going on with her father's cell phone/network that prompted a delivery failure notification on his phone.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but it just seems a little weird that the text not going through was positioned in media accounts as though it was significant. It could easily just be an accounting of the last attempted contact by her family, I suppose. Also, her family said they were concerned that her phone was turned off, which I can understand, especially given her job... but if she talked to her family on Tuesday night at 8 and she was discovered Wednesday afternoon at 4, it makes me wonder if someone deliberately turned her phone off, perhaps to keep it from pinging off cell phone towers in the area since it was taken from the scene. My iPhone 6 can hold a battery charge for a couple of days before it dies, even with moderate use. I know there's a lot that impacts battery life, but if she relied on her phone for her job, chances are pretty good she kept it as fully charged as possible.

Sorry, all this is really just me obsessing/thinking "out loud." :thinking:

Respectfully snipped -
orangecrush said:
I could be completely wrong, but I'm not sure that LE can arrest someone because they think they've got enough evidence. I *think* that's the decision of the potential prosecuting attorney - LEOs aren't attorneys; they may have loads of evidence and have solved the crime, but they are not the ones arguing for guilt in a court in front of a judge and jury.

First, a welcome to this thread. I'm very sure you are correct, as least as far as cable ID shows I've seen where LE has circumstantial evidence, and goes to the DA who says it's not enough to go to trial with, and then no arrest is made.

It would be a shame if Allison's parents have to pay a private detective because the LE there is "tight -lipped". There is no new update at all.

Sorry to be insensitive, but wasn't there bleach pored around this body? I remembered when people were talking about DNA.

First responders found Feldman had "cranial trauma" and pronounced her dead. They also discovered a white substance around her body and smelled a bleach-like odor, the documents said.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...olice-confirm-they-have-sample-of-killers-dna

Yes - no mention has been made of what the white substance might be. I'm guessing it's could be chlorine powder used for pools since she had one, and that would certainly explain smell of bleach... - but if so, it not something normally kept inside your home.
Apart from that, was hoping there would be a break in this case.

Sorry to be insensitive, but wasn't there bleach pored around this body? I remembered when people were talking about DNA.
I have never heard that there was bleach poured around the body. You might check the local Scottsdale news reports. I believe they're still available on line. :)

I doubt it's something as strange as chlorine powder for pools. It would make more sense that the bleach odor was from actual bleach used by the killer, in their attempt to clean up traces of their blood and DNA (remember LE did release that the perp likely had cuts to their hands/arms). When liquid bleach dries, it leaves a white dry residue.

Yes - no mention has been made of what the white substance might be. I'm guessing it's could be chlorine powder used for pools since she had one, and that would certainly explain smell of bleach... - but if so, it not something normally kept inside your home.
Apart from that, was hoping there would be a break in this case.

I think they said Allison fought her attacker but did not say there were cuts to arms ect. One would guess this, but it is unknown. There was probably tissue under her nails, thus LE saying she fought back.

Police said the suspect would have had cuts or injuries to his hands or arms likely from Feldman trying to defend herself. *this comes from a local news station here in Scottsdale*

Police said the suspect would have had cuts or injuries to his hands or arms likely from Feldman trying to defend herself. *this comes from a local news station here in Scottsdale*

so, no link?

Of course there's a link - try here :whistle:

Snipped...
...Allison was assaulted in her home, and although she fought off her attacker valiantly, she succumbed to her injuries. This subject may not always be violent, but could become violent when confronted. He likely suffered minor cuts or injuries to his hands or arms struggling with Allison.

http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Police/newsPIO/Allison_Feldman_Murder

Thanks, I was looking too and just found it. Still it is just a guess by detectives on where the scratches are. If he had gloves or a jacket on he may have been scratched on his face or neck. I sure wish they would arrest her killer.

I doubt it's something as strange as chlorine powder for pools. It would make more sense that the bleach odor was from actual bleach used by the killer, in their attempt to clean up traces of their blood and DNA (remember LE did release that the perp likely had cuts to their hands/arms). When liquid bleach dries, it leaves a white dry residue.

I see your point - it does keep it simple... I thought early on it was mentioned that the substance was "white powder" but don't hold me to that... We know she was looking for handyman help around her place....
Don't think LE is going tell more about the crime seen, though...

There was a show on cable ID channel series Perfect Murder - where Christa Worthington is stabbed in home..
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/crimelaw/features/5646/
I thought about Allison while watching this... after all was said and done, Christa's killer was the local garbage man..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl