AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is Allison's attack wasn't burglary gone wrong; rather she was what the attacker was after.... I wonder what it was about the crime scene that led LE to say her attacker was someone who initially is not violent, but could become so (paraphrasing)...

JMO
I agree and after I read most of this thread for the first time, I am leaning to someone she knew and here is why.

-The Tiffany bracelet is a very personal object

-The wrapping of the towell around her head can be indication of someone not wanting to have to face the person they just killed. If a perp has never killed someone before, the personal up close shock of it can be too much for them to handle and they felt they had to cover her face.

-The taking of the phone is again something very personal. It may have had to do with pictures or texts on her phone OR something simple like she went for the phone to dial 911 and perp grabbed the phone away before killing her. So perp knew his prints were on phone and didnt want to try to wipe it clean. Especially if blood splatter had occurred by then.
The main thing is it is a personal item that was taken.

-The Valentines day thing is very personal.

-The security system thing did not bother the perp. Which indicates they either knew her routine and knew it was not on OR they knew how to deactivate it themselves.

So from those important things there is a theme I am seeing in the clues.
The theme is "Personal".
IMO, I think the perp was someone who knew her and knew her well.

JMO
I agree and after I read most of this thread for the first time, I am leaning to someone she knew and here is why.

-The Tiffany bracelet is a very personal object

-The wrapping of the towell around her head can be indication of someone not wanting to have to face the person they just killed. If a perp has never killed someone before, the personal up close shock of it can be too much for them to handle and they felt they had to cover her face.

-The taking of the phone is again something very personal. It may have had to do with pictures or texts on her phone OR something simple like she went for the phone to dial 911 and perp grabbed the phone away before killing her. So perp knew his prints were on phone and didnt want to try to wipe it clean. Especially if blood splatter had occurred by then.
The main thing is it is a personal item that was taken.

-The Valentines day thing is very personal.

-The security system thing did not bother the perp. Which indicates they either knew her routine and knew it was not on OR they knew how to deactivate it themselves.

So from those important things there is a theme I am seeing in the clues.
The theme is "Personal".
IMO, I think the perp was someone who knew her and knew her well.

BBM

If I'm not mistaken, the bracelet was found in her home. Jmo

BBM

If I'm not mistaken, the bracelet was found in her home. Jmo

I read from the beginning of the thread and I thought I saw where LE was looking for it but maybe later on in the thread they may have uncovered it in the house.

Thanks as you probably are more right than I am since I just read through posts quickly and did not read every page. So lets go with your deduction unless someone can confirm.

This below was on the first page of this thread in Post #11 and is the reason I mentioned something about the bracelet as LE seemed to think it was significant. If LE ended up finding it in the house, then I guess it is not significant anymore.

"Investigators say the killer may have lived in the area and are asking anyone who observed a man with a Tiffany bracelet in the last month -- or any women who may have been given a Tiffany bracelet within the last month -- to contact the Scottsdale Police Department. "

This below was on the first page of this thread in Post #11 and is the reason I mentioned something about the bracelet as LE seemed to think it was significant. If LE ended up finding it in the house, then I guess it is not significant anymore.

"Investigators say the killer may have lived in the area and are asking anyone who observed a man with a Tiffany bracelet in the last month -- or any women who may have been given a Tiffany bracelet within the last month -- to contact the Scottsdale Police Department. "
An update about the Tiffany bracelet being found in Allison's home is given at the end of the video at this link: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/16/reward-increased-in-feldman-murder-case/28846143/

It was initially posted by RNRMom a few pages back (post # 600).

It's also reported in the video that several designer watches are still missing.

Allison's parents were just on our local news talking about bringing awareness to the neighborhood about crime.

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - The family of a murdered Scottsdale woman is taking action to spread awareness about women's safety.

Allison Feldman, 31, was found brutally murdered inside her Scottsdale home back in February, according to officials.

Elayne and Harley Feldman, the woman's parents, held the event, along with the Scottsdale Police Department and "Safe and Secure", a non-profit that works to inform women on how to better be safe.

There were more than 50 people in attendance at the event, where police officers gave various scenarios and then explained how individuals should handle them.

Officials said people are often targeted for a variety of reasons:

A lack of awareness (Being on a cell phone, carrying multiple bags)
Body language (Looking down and not straight ahead)
At the wrong place at the wrong time (Running alone at night)
Feldman's parents said their daughter's killer knocked at the woman's front door, and she let him enter her home. Once the man was inside, police said he brutally murdered the woman.
I copied & pasted this from the web from a local tv news report. I would've posted a link only, but I couldn't figure out how to attach a link.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...s-family-spread-awareness-about-womens-safety

I feel, I think, I wonder...

In the meantime, some old stats to ponder:

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/press/vdhbpr.cfm

FWIW, also snipping & NOTING:

...Victims said they knew the offender in 65 percent of violent household burglaries, and in 28 percent of such burglaries victims said the offender was a stranger. Residents in all of these households were equally likely to be victimized by a current or former intimate partner as they were by a stranger.

Offenders were unarmed in 61 percent of the violent household burglaries that occurred between 2003 and 2007. In 12 percent of violent household burglaries offender possessed a firearm. About 23 percent of these firearm-related burglaries were committed by a stranger.

...Residents who were present in 18 percent of unlawful entry burglaries stated that someone inside the home let the offender in. Twelve percent stated that someone inside opened the door and the offender pushed their way in. Nearly four percent stated that the offender had a key to the residence and used the key to gain access.

:justice: for ALLISON !!!

Scottsdale comes together to host women's safety event
August 15, 2015

Snipped...
...“We're all hoping that Allison's Watch will be a legacy that will guide other women... like a bright shining light, like a beacon helping to guide them to safety... and help to prevent other things like this," said Jazziette Devereaux, the event organizer.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/arizona-news/8372228-story

:candle:

Her parents, said she opened the door.

OK To me, this spells Neighbor all over it. She recognized who was at the door and wanting to be neighborly, opened it. I could be 100% wrong, but this is where I stand.

It could be a neighbor. I think whoever it was is somebody that she knew well.

OK To me, this spells Neighbor all over it. She recognized who was at the door and wanting to be neighborly, opened it. I could be 100% wrong, but this is where I stand.

It's a quote from the newscaster that the parents said she opened the front door, then the newscaster adds maybe the person asked to use her phone. It does not sound like she knew the person. Could it be on the video from the nearby house that shows a person at her front door?

I read the news article and watched the news report. I am probably nitpicking, but the only time it's stated that someone knocked on her door and she opened it to let him in is when the reporter says it. Allison's parents weren't quoted on camera or in print saying it. The police haven't gone on record saying it. Looking through old info, it doesn't *appear* that showed up in any court documents (although those documents were taken offline, so I can't be sure) and I can't find anywhere that someone snipped it or talked about it within this or previous threads.

Is it odd to anyone else that the only person who has said someone knocked on her door and she let him in, "maybe to use the phone," is the breathless news reporter?

Just my two cents, but in this day and age, I cannot see any single woman who lives alone opening her door at night and letting someone into her house unless she knows that person VERY well. Plus, who doesn't have a cell phone? Even if someone faked a dead cell phone battery and an emergency that warranted the immediate use of a phone, did Allison even have a land line, or would she have invited someone in who she didn't know very well so she could find her cell phone and let him use it?

I don't know, folks. Logically speaking, that whole scenario doesn't totally add up to me, regardless of whether Allison was a neighborly sort of person. It's not like she'd just moved to some big city from the middle of nowhere. She went to U of A in Tucson. She worked in sales. She sounded like a nice person, but not a naive one.

Again, just my opinion!

I read the news article and watched the news report. I am probably nitpicking, but the only time it's stated that someone knocked on her door and she opened it to let him in is when the reporter says it. Allison's parents weren't quoted on camera or in print saying it. The police haven't gone on record saying it. Looking through old info, it doesn't *appear* that showed up in any court documents (although those documents were taken offline, so I can't be sure) and I can't find anywhere that someone snipped it or talked about it within this or previous threads.

Is it odd to anyone else that the only person who has said someone knocked on her door and she let him in, "maybe to use the phone," is the breathless news reporter?

Just my two cents, but in this day and age, I cannot see any single woman who lives alone opening her door at night and letting someone into her house unless she knows that person VERY well. Plus, who doesn't have a cell phone? Even if someone faked a dead cell phone battery and an emergency that warranted the immediate use of a phone, did Allison even have a land line, or would she have invited someone in who she didn't know very well so she could find her cell phone and let him use it?

I don't know, folks. Logically speaking, that whole scenario doesn't totally add up to me, regardless of whether Allison was a neighborly sort of person. It's not like she'd just moved to some big city from the middle of nowhere. She went to U of A in Tucson. She worked in sales. She sounded like a nice person, but not a naive one.

Again, just my opinion!

But it would not be naïve if she recognized the face so again it's back to square one.

It could be a neighbor. I think whoever it was is somebody that she knew well.
I'm with you. I wonder why LE is still saying this is believed to be an "isolated" crime. That leads me to believe they think it was someone she knew.

I copied & pasted this from the web from a local tv news report. I would've posted a link only, but I couldn't figure out how to attach a link.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...s-family-spread-awareness-about-womens-safety

It's a quote from the newscaster that the parents said she opened the front door, then the newscaster adds maybe the person asked to use her phone. It does not sound like she knew the person. Could it be on the video from the nearby house that shows a person at her front door?

Is it odd to anyone else that the only person who has said someone knocked on her door and she let him in, "maybe to use the phone," is the breathless news reporter? ....

RSBM above...just pointing out the original report of August 15 was updated August 17:

Posted: 5:09 PM, Aug 15, 2015
Updated: 3:10 AM, Aug 17, 2015

The entire paragraph that began "...Feldman's parents said their daughter's killer knocked at the woman's front door, and she let him enter her home..." has been removed - FWIW - and replaced with this sentence:

...Police say somehow the Feldman's killer got inside her home and then brutally murdered her.

Again, just my opinion!

Agree and good that you point out there's nothing to back up mention of her answering her door and letting someone in to use a phone.
Apparently all we know is that the killer came in thru the front door - But, I'm not even sure about that...
Little of the case makes sense because we've been given so little by LE.
It's possible she was somehow tricked into answering her door; but, if so then wouldn't the attack have started as soon as she realized that, and the crime scene would indicate..
Or - could it be someone she knew, perhaps recently met who is unknown to LE or anyone else.
Okay, just guessing...

ETA - in this day-and-age, I don't open my door to anyone, day or night unless I know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member