AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA - in this day-and-age, I don't open my door to anyone, day or night unless I know them.

I'm right there with you. And I have to really KNOW them, not just recognize them. I do find it interesting that apparently, the article that stated her parents said she opened the door for someone and let them into her house has been edited to remove that particular piece of information. Why?

One of the local media outlets posted this story today: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ison-feldman-murder-remains-mystery/31906199/

Nothing really new in the article. The police are still working the case, they still say it's a top priority, they still haven't identified a suspect.

Thanks OC!

Snipped from the link above...
...“It doesn’t matter who makes the arrest, it just matters that the case is closed,” Scottsdale Police Chief Alan Rodbell said Saturday during Allison’s Watch, a public safety event held in memory of Feldman. The 31-year-old Scottsdale resident was murdered in her home near the Loop 101 and Pima Road in February.

:what:

:thinking:

So no other DNA was found when Allison was murdered to pinpoint a suspect? Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, haven't read all the threads.

So no other DNA was found when Allison was murdered to pinpoint a suspect? Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, haven't read all the threads.

The police have stated that they recovered DNA from the scene that they believe belongs to the suspect, but have not yet announced a match (if they have one).

Checking in to see if there is an update yet. Hopefully soon.

<snipped>

...Feldman's parents said their daughter's killer knocked at the woman's front door, and she let him enter her home. Once the man was inside, police said he brutally murdered the woman.

This is interesting. I wonder how they know this and who determined it happened that way. Wasn't the BF captured on video out front after finding her dead inside? Is there no video of the killer walking up to her door?

Now I see the article Mary S. posted has been modified to say this:

Officials said people are often targeted for a variety of reasons:

A lack of awareness (Being on a cell phone, carrying multiple bags)
Body language (Looking down and not straight ahead)
At the wrong place at the wrong time (Running alone at night)

Police say somehow Feldman's killer got inside her home and then brutally murdered her.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-northeast-valley/scottsdale/allison-feldmans-family-spread-awareness-about-womens-safety

Was that an error by the reporter or a slip by the parents?

Thank you, Tarabull, for catching that part, it has puzzled me since reading it.

Is it just me or has there been several things reported by the news in the last few months that have been taken back or reworded?

Murder of Scottsdale woman Allison Feldman remains a mystery
August 22, 2015

Snipped...
...&#8220;Scottsdale is one of the safest cities in the nation,&#8221; said Scottsdale police Officer Jason Glenn. &#8220;However, just because we do live in a safe city, it doesn&#8217;t mean crime doesn&#8217;t occur. We need to be cognizant of that.&#8221;

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...man-allison-feldman-remains-mystery/31906199/

ETA: It says there are 3 comments under that report - but none appear in the pop-up - why can't I see any??? just curious... :thinking:

Murder of Scottsdale woman Allison Feldman remains a mystery
August 22, 2015

Snipped...

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...man-allison-feldman-remains-mystery/31906199/

ETA: It says there are 3 comments under that report - but none appear in the pop-up - why can't I see any??? just curious... :thinking:

I can see one comment and it's from a guy that thinks it really wasn't appropriate to be "hawking" security systems and performing Taser demonstrations at the Allison's Watch event.

The comment had two "likes" - maybe these are registered as the 2nd and 3rd comment?

Not sure where the case is going.... instead of saying anything about what really happened, becoming a generalized call to be more safety and suspicious person conscious.
Well, at least it keeps media attention...

Mesa police arrest man in 33-year-old murder
August 18, 2015

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...case-arrest-murder-suspect-oklahoma/31930535/

-------------------------------------------------

:justice: for Allison!

Good find! - Interesting, from the article:
In 2006, the Mesa police crime lab obtained a partial DNA profile from one of Ernestine Brewer&#8217;s fingernails.

I've been wondering about DNA found at Allison's; it's not been stated if they got a complete profile.

Is it just me or has there been several things reported by the news in the last few months that have been taken back or reworded?

It's not just you. I used to work in the local media here, and let me tell you, *especially* with broadcast and/or breaking news online, they don't really care if something has been 100% verified by multiple sources before they run it (and I've heard those words spoken in internal meetings). If it's broadcast, they can always "correct" it in a later newscast (if they want) and if it's online, they can repost the story, and most of the time, they don't publish a correction. It's an ethics conundrum for the true print journalists who have been in the business for a long time, because the print side still verifies its information with as many sources as possible before it goes to press. I've been in meetings where I thought print editors and broadcast producers were going to come to blows because broadcast wanted to run a story, and print said they felt it hadn't been sourced well enough to report it. In today's day and age of the 24/7 news cycle, the constant need for information - ANY information - can sometimes be a disadvantage to the public.

But I digress, and I mean no disrespect to anyone in the media. I'm just giving a glimpse into my own personal experience. My point in this particular case is that yes, it seems as though there have been a few facts that were reported early on in Allison's case that have been changed/altered in the media. I hope there's a day soon where it's reported once and for all that her killer has been caught and convicted.

Agree and good that you point out there's nothing to back up mention of her answering her door and letting someone in to use a phone.
Apparently all we know is that the killer came in thru the front door - But, I'm not even sure about that...
Little of the case makes sense because we've been given so little by LE.
It's possible she was somehow tricked into answering her door; but, if so then wouldn't the attack have started as soon as she realized that, and the crime scene would indicate..
Or - could it be someone she knew, perhaps recently met who is unknown to LE or anyone else.
Okay, just guessing...

ETA - in this day-and-age, I don't open my door to anyone, day or night unless I know them.

Coming back here, and I'm with you, OldSteve.
Unless the alarm monitoring system noted the front/back door's alarm being shut off/on or if Allison had a camera in the front/back of her place, no one knows.
If there was video/stills, you'd think LE would have released it.
She lived in that neighborhood for 8 months, had lived previously just down the street, on Indian School Road, for years.........I don't think she was careless or naive to her surroundings as a single woman living alone.

And............LE has NOT mentioned sexual assault........so why would Allison open the door when we are to assume she was in some state of undress? Naked but for a "cloth" wrapped around her head? If a perp was going to sexually assault someone, very, very rarely do you find the victim totally unclothed unless the perp knows he has plenty of uninterrupted time on his hands.

Yes.............actually both the news and LE since this case started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member