AZ - Bloody beating of son inside a Wal-Mart

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope no one takes offense to this, but at the Walmart that I frequent, if you took a look at the BADGELESS security guards, you'd understand why there weren't any or didn't intervene. The crews that Walmart higher as greeters and guards are either retired individuals, or folks with mental deficiencies.

At my Walmart the one guard who wears black security guards clothing (no badge) was probably given that job to just sit there near the door. I don't understand it.
Well,Paladin,
I'm lookin' at this post in several different ways. One...I no longer feel safe at Walmart. Two...when I finally retire from this defunct Record Store in a couple of years, I think I'll still be able to get a job.

The infuriating part to me is that NO ONE DID ANYTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE. Calling 911 was not sufficient.

I will tell you exactly what would happen if the child were being kidnapped because I was in that situation (sort of.) My daughter was being a typical kid - trying to run around a store very similar to a super wal mart. She was pretty young, and I grabbed her by the overhauls straps in back of her and scooped her up under my arm in what I called the "sack of potatoes" hold. It doesn't hurt them, and all the flailing doesn't kick you - but the kid is safely restrained. :-) ANYWAY, my delightful four year old started yelling like her karate instructor taught her to if she were kidnapped.

"THIS IS NOT MY PARENT!"

She shreiked that over and over - and I actually paid for my watch battery with her flailing around, and went all the way to my car and home without the first person questioning me.

! I was actually upset that no one tried to stop me.

OK, so this is very funny, but also very scary. I'd totally have said something to her and tried to determine if it was true. I think perhaps your lack of panic over her behavior was probably why people didn't question. And does she look alot like you?

Unbelievable they made to the car with this child!!!! If I had seen this I would have told her if she raised another hand to that child her a$$ will be hittin' the floor! GW...something similar happened to my brother and his daughter. He is dark skinned and she is lilly white. She threw a screaming fit in the mall when she was 3 because he wouldn't buy her a Barbie. He did the same thing you did, just picked her up and started to leave. BUT, 3 women followed him & blocked him from leaving the mall.

I see this story and I think "prejudice". If he had been whiter maybe they wouldnt' have intervened.

The infuriating part to me is that NO ONE DID ANYTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE. Calling 911 was not sufficient.

Perhaps you are referring to the instant abuse, but plenty of people did something and calling 911 got the mother arrested and the child taken away. Based on her history, I doubt the child will return to her home.

Thank God for the people who were involved in helping stop the abuse I am sure this child has suffered at his mother and grandmother's hands for years!

I see this story and I think "prejudice". If he had been whiter maybe they wouldnt' have intervened.
No, that had nothing to do with it...two of the women were black, one white. It was pretty much these women saw a child in distress, and stepped in.

No, that had nothing to do with it...two of the women were black, one white. It was pretty much these women saw a child in distress, and stepped in.

The woman I listened to in the 911 call sounded Hispanic. I just don't see race as an issue here - sounds like many people of all races were coming to the aid of this child.

Perhaps you are referring to the instant abuse, but plenty of people did something and calling 911 got the mother arrested and the child taken away. Based on her history, I doubt the child will return to her home.

Thank God for the people who were involved in helping stop the abuse I am sure this child has suffered at his mother and grandmother's hands for years!

It all does make me wonder just how often Grandma beat the piss out of her kids in public and obviously NO ONE did intervene.

The woman I listened to in the 911 call sounded Hispanic. I just don't see race as an issue here - sounds like many people of all races were coming to the aid of this child.

They weren't talking about this case. It was SadieMae's brother they were talking about :) I'm editing to add that race did sort of play into this - the 911 caller described the boy as Hispanic and the woman who was not his mother (turned out to be the grandmother but no one knew that at the time) as White. To me that would have possibly indicated a kidnapping in progress... a possible kidnapping is what upset me so much about Wally World employee's not being allowed to 'get involved'. No one knew the women beating the boy were related to the boy.

It's shocking to me that this mom and grandma didn't think anything of beating the boy in public - no shame, no embarrassment, no nothing. Somewhere along the way they learned to think this sort of behavior is normal.

I will tell you exactly what would happen if the child were being kidnapped because I was in that situation (sort of.) My daughter was being a typical kid - trying to run around a store very similar to a super wal mart. She was pretty young, and I grabbed her by the overhauls straps in back of her and scooped her up under my arm in what I called the "sack of potatoes" hold. It doesn't hurt them, and all the flailing doesn't kick you - but the kid is safely restrained. :-) ANYWAY, my delightful four year old started yelling like her karate instructor taught her to if she were kidnapped.

"THIS IS NOT MY PARENT!"

She shreiked that over and over - and I actually paid for my watch battery with her flailing around, and went all the way to my car and home without the first person questioning me.

! I was actually upset that no one tried to stop me.

OMG. That is SCARY. I guess the fact that you paused in the middle of the "kidnapping" made the store employees believe you were the mother, BUT oh, Jesus, if their assumption had been wrong, you'd be missing a little girl right now.

Surely our stores can do better than this.

I'm reminded of Shasta-----a fellow customer called 911 in that case, too, not an employee. Thank God for that customer because Shasta would be dead today if he had not called.

The infuriating part to me is the long long ongoing history of abuse ..... Yet not only does she get the child back BUT child services closes the case and NO ONE is watching her???? WTF???

Ya know another few years and we will hear how this child is being charged with some horrible crime....

I know! I'd love to know why this woman was allowed to get her child back.
Like you said, she wasn't even watched by CPS!!!:banghead::banghead:

CPS usually are understaffed, overworked and some are plain stupid and blind. More money needs to go into our programs and agencies that protect children...not GIVE billions to freakin' Mexico for their their drug problems.

They weren't talking about this case. It was SadieMae's brother they were talking about :) I'm editing to add that race did sort of play into this - the 911 caller described the boy as Hispanic and the woman who was not his mother (turned out to be the grandmother but no one knew that at the time) as White. To me that would have possibly indicated a kidnapping in progress... a possible kidnapping is what upset me so much about Wally World employee's not being allowed to 'get involved'. No one knew the women beating the boy were related to the boy.

It's shocking to me that this mom and grandma didn't think anything of beating the boy in public - no shame, no embarrassment, no nothing. Somewhere along the way they learned to think this sort of behavior is normal.

Yes, I hear you. I meant that race didn't play into it in terms of people reacting or not reacting. The woman did appear to be white and the boy did appear to be Hispanic - families are so colorful these days that I would not have suspected kidnapping - though my mind might have gone there quicker if it was a man taking and hitting a screaming girl.

Yes, I hear you. I meant that race didn't play into it in terms of people reacting or not reacting. The woman did appear to be white and the boy did appear to be Hispanic - families are so colorful these days that I would not have suspected kidnapping - though my mind might have gone there quicker if it was a man taking and hitting a screaming girl.
I agree with you on that SCM. I think I do tend to ignore a woman if she's pulling a resisting child out of a store...I always look twice when it's a man and a little girl.

From the article linked above:

She was released from prison in 2005. During her release, a probation officer wrote in a court memo that there was no indication that Tatum shouldn’t be with her son and she should be allowed to live with him. The probation officer reported that she would be allowed to remain in her father’s residence with her son unless the court opposed that arrangement, which it did not, according to court records.

-------

I hope that probation officer hears about this and realizes they shouldn't be so quick to say there was no reason she should not be with her son.

I agree with you on that SCM. I think I do tend to ignore a woman if she's pulling a resisting child out of a store...I always look twice when it's a man and a little girl.

Yes - I am admitting to some blatant sexism in that regard and I'm okay with that. There's a thin line always between genuine prejudice and real experience of various "groups" within society.

I adore men in general, but it would raise all my alarms right quick to see one dragging a girl out of a store by her hair - which is what the Mom in this case seemed to be doing in one photo I saw.

This is just another example of how well our children are protected. They are NOT! Thank god she lost it in Walmart and not at her home, who knows how bad it would have been then. That poor kid.

As appalling her actions and that of the grandmother I am eternally grateful that this was caught in public. Now, the little boy has a chance as I am sure this is not his first beating and the next one could have killed him. He has a chance at life now.

As for as Walmart's policies...well they can suck an egg as that is not how the public with compassion acts. I almost feel like wearing a banner that says "Proceed in Walmart With Your Life As No One Can Acknowledge A Kidnapping or Beating For Fear Of a Lawsuit". In fact, I am going to put my money where my mouth is and not shop at Walmart until they take responsibility for crimes taking place in their stores and calling authorities to help and acting as intermediaries until LE gets there.Hire trained security guards.Most big box stores have them and if Walmart wasn't so busy ripping off mom and pop stores all over the country they could possibly act as responsibly as other stores.

This could have gotten a lot worse than it was if these women had been confronted by customers. There is a real strong possibility one was carrying a weapon. Its pretty much common knowledge about Walmarts excellent security cameras so I would think these women don't care about anything. If they do something like this is public, I just wonder what goes on behind closed doors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back