AZ - BRYAN PATRICK MILLER - Victims: Angela Brosso & Melanie Bernas, Serial Killer 1992-1993 *Guilty, sentenced to death*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
especially at night with the lights flashing
Exactly. I could write a dissertation on the subject. Bottom line: numerous murdered and assaulted victims have been fooled by the appearance of a LE vehicle. Keep in mind that "Zombie Hunter" was on the rear of the vehicle. A driver/victim wouldn't view the car from the rear. All a driver would see in a rear view mirror are the flashing lights, and what appeared to be a police cruiser. And 99% of drivers would pull over and wait, like a sitting duck, for the perp to accost her/him.

Bessie,

That is kind of what I was thinking. At these large events like First Fridays- COPS ARE EVERYWHERE. And that kind of almost slap in the face ( similar car, etc) would almost make people trust him because it looks like a cop car. I just wonder who else could of been a vic.

Nothing new here, but interesting local response.

Suspect in West Shore woman's cold case homicide gains instant infamy as 'Zombie Hunter' in Ariz.
By John Luciew jluciew@pennlive.com
on January 16, 2015 at 8:00 AM, updated January 16, 2015 at 2:09 PM

[...]

Prime suspect, 42-year-old Bryan Patrick Miller, not only took the nickname, he turned a retired black-and-white police car into his zombie hunting mobile, outfitting it with yellow emergency lights, emblazoning it with the Zombie Hunter insignia and splattering with fake blood every Halloween, neighbors here say.

Neighbor BF hated that car. Not because it was an eyesore in Sunny Slope, the small, humble community in the outskirts of Phoenix with the dramatic backdrop of the signature camel-back humps of the north mountains.

Rather, it was because the car so closely resembled a police cruiser, and it was always parked prominently, right in front of the house on Mountain View Road.

“I would drive by it everyday,” BF grumbled. “You had to look at it. And you slowed down because you thought it was a police car."

[...]

“This affected all of us,” the retired detective said in a phone interview. So much so, the detective’s family members, whom he usually kept walled off from his grim police work, had come to know the victims by name.

And when the arrest was made this week, S’s daughter remembered, asking him, “Was that about Angela?”

New here. Thought I'd join and throw a few questions and observations out there.

I remember the Brosso murder like it was yesterday. I was a senior in high school and lived close to the murder. Brosso could easily have been me -- I was training for a backpacking trip and riding my bike on that path every evening, including the evening that Brosso was murdered.

I know some of the kids who saw the body the next morning and there are details that have never been released to the media. It was an utterly brutal killing.

Ironically, I think I also was acquainted with Miller when I was in college. I *believe* he attended -- or worked at -- Glendale Community College around 1993/1994ish. I don't remember a lot of details because it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure he used to hang out in the computer lab? Long, long, time ago, and my memory is pretty fuzzy, but the name and face of the accused killer sure ring a bell. I think he had long bleached blond dreds, thick glasses, a scruffy goatee, and noticeably crooked teeth back then. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and the killer didn't go there ... I remember this guy because we were both active in fandom, though our interests lay in different areas. I don't remember anything significant, just someone I knew through school.

Err -- possibly significant, the guy I knew attended science fiction conventions all over the country, including at least one Worldcon in 93 or 94. It would be interesting to cross-reference unsolved killings with sf conventions held at the same time in the same area, and see if he attended. (As someone active in fandom, the thought sickens me, but it is something that might be worth looking at.)

The accused killer has a deviantart account, BTW. I won't link to it because doing so seems to violate a few forum rules about NSFW content. You can find it with very little detective work (Miller seems to use the same handle across a broad spectrum of social media) if you really want to see it. I will say that his "favorite" list of art he likes is very, very ... suspicious. Decapitated/mutilated women, women being eaten, general blood and guts and gore, the horror amped up to 11, and it is all just very, very, disturbing. (As a side note, Deviantart.com has no rating limit on images, but for the most part, isn't anywhere near as "deviant" as the name suggests.)

Also -- is it possible he was in New York at some point?

See:

<i>Bryan Patrick Miller is a writer from the Pacific Northwest. His essays and poems have appeared in The New York Times Magazine, International Herald Tribune, Raven Chronicles, Crab Creek Review and Seattle Magazine. He has been a Writer-in-Residence at Richard Hugo House and a Geduld-Starworks Master Fellow at New York University, where he currently teaches undergraduate creative writing. </i>

http://kgbbar.com/calendar/events/nyu_emerging_writers_series1/

I'm not sure if this is the same Byran Patrick Miller or not. Be worth following up on WHEN he was in NY, if it's the same guy. Don't know if this is the same person, however. (The Miller accused of the murder is definitely a very good writer, just based on his social media accounts, which is why this caught my attention.)

Sure looks like him, perhaps a few years younger than when I knew him? What's the date on that photo?

Very distinctive appearance.

Ick, I'm weirded out by this whole thing.

How do I "subscribe" to this thread so I don't have to search for it every time I want to see if there are new posts?

How do I "subscribe" to this thread so I don't have to search for it every time I want to see if there are new posts?
Near the top of the thread you should see "Thread Tools". Open the drop down menu and you'll find an option to "subscribe to thread".

Phoenix New Times Article: Linking Bryan Patrick Miller to Other Crimes to Take Considerable Time

"Police undoubtedly will look at the case of Adrienne Salinas, the Tempe teenager whose partial remains were found in a wash in Apache Junction in 2013. Although the autopsy report was partially redacted, it seemed that her head was not among the remains recovered at the scene."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...to_other_crimes_to_take_considerable_time.php

o-ADRIENNE-SALINAS-facebook.jpg

I hope they do look at Miller for the Salinas case. She's one of the victim's who's been on my mind.

"Police undoubtedly will look at the case of Adrienne Salinas, the Tempe teenager whose partial remains were found in a wash in Apache Junction in 2013. Although the autopsy report was partially redacted, it seemed that her head was not among the remains recovered at the scene."

It would be nice, if they found out what other murders he may have committed so that the families of the victims may have closure. Also, the more cases they can link to him, the better the chances are that Bryan Miller will never get out of jail again.

Arizona is a 3 strikes state. I don't think he'll be out any time soon.

*Sent from an Etch-a-Sketch*

He moved back to Phoenix to live in the home after the owner, a relative, passed away. So, the relative probably was the hoarder, although I wonder if he lived there before moving to Washington. Or when he went back to Phoenix for visits. From FB, it looks like he attended an event in Arizona in 2010. And he talks about camping! The thought of this guy camping is very disturbing to me.

JMO

BBM above...

Has Jenika been mentioned yet? Missing since Jan 3 2009 from Mesa. Not sure everything lines up...But her friends found the guy Jenika had been with - a convicted felon (?) - at a campsite two days after she disappeared. Also he (BPM) posted a pic that shows his gps as in Mesa on Jan 20, not sure what year it was...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Jenika-Brianne-Feuerstein-20-Mesa-3-Jan-2009

ETA: Jenika's body was found April of 2014 in a remote area of Apache Lake in a a large plastic container that was taped shut and stashed deep in a bush.

He's an extra in this music video, per his twitter account:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1EtgVtUSKs

(A parody of Baby Got Back called Baby Has Bustle. Desert Rose Theater is pretty legit. They're most likely rather unhappy with the connection. The video is more-or-less safe for work, depending on how conservative your work is.)

Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/theduck13

He's on this dating site for Dr. Who fandom:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ex.php?l=norwegian+&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm not registered, so I can only see the photo and handle.

He uses "theduck13" for most of his accounts, ranging from twitter to ebay, though I think I saw him using "The Duck" somewhere too and that's apparently a nickname he uses in real life. Err ... there is a "The Duck" with an account on this site. The site admin might want to look and see what email/name is associated with that account.

(I wonder if "theduck13" is a referance to Howard the Duck issue #13, which, if I remember right, has Howard battling satanic forces and eventually being turned into a Duck of Satan? Disturbing thought, that.)

He has both an ebay and an etsy account. Cops might want to look at what's been sold through those accounts over the years. eBay public records of sales only go back a few months but I'm sure they can pull up archived information from farther back. No clue on etsy.

He's got accounts on enough forums for car enthusiasts that I'm not even going to bother listing them. I think it's safe to assume if it's a car related forum, he probably has an account on it.

ETA: I saw he had an account on an arizona hiking forum and now I can't find it. Didn't look like he was an active member, but that is disturbing, in that he could lurk and find out the hiking habits of women. There seem to be a few people who go missing in the Payson area every year who are never found, but I can't remember if any of them are young women. (Some of the missing people undoubtedly died of a terminal case of bad luck or stupidity, rather than running into anything evil. i.e., you break a leg ten miles from a trailhead in the middle of Hellsgate, the only thing to find your body will likely be a pack of coyotes.)

I need to go take a shower in bleach now, because ick. I really think I KNEW this guy. And he's a friend of friends. (Or former friend of friends, at this point, with some reserving judgement until the trial concludes. Can't imagine any of the people I know would tolerate a friend with "serial killing" as a hobby ...)

What a brazen SOB. He takes hiding in plain sight to a whole new level. Fortunately, you can't provide a cover for DNA.

I hope they do look at Miller for the Salinas case. She's one of the victim's who's been on my mind.

Was just coming to post the same thing!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back