AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay maybe it's because I'm half asleep (or maybe it's because I'm just stupid) but I'm not getting how an adoption can be legal when it's based on a lie. I thought a lie rendered any legal transaction invalid.

Quoted from mum:

Ok i am very new here. This case has had me somewhat intrigued,probably just because there are so many unanswered questions. I am from south texas right along the mexian border and have only heard 1 story about this when EJ had first gotten arrested and linking her to SA, nothing else..this is the only website i was able to find with good info.. so thank you very munch..

on a side note..i do have some knowledge to adoption and fathers rights here.
My cousin in law, who lives in Houston tx, is in a custody battle with a woman who claims she was giving full custody of her little girl.Now to me everything seems off.the story behind it is this woman was "babysitting" this little girl for an extended amount of time.there were papers signed by the mother giving the woman temp. guardianship.the grandmother went to pick up the little girl from this womans house and she said she wouldnt give her to her. This woman ended up taking off with the baby then the mother went to the police and the issued a amber alert.the baby was returned by the woman that sameday.now after going to court and even the judge looking at the papers that were signed(they were not drawn up by an attorney, but were notarized)gave the woman primary custody of the baby.Now the father didnt sign over any rights or even those papers just the mother did.Mom & dad were living together at the time.He requested for custody of her and was also granted visitation only along with mom.they (mom & dad) have to pay child support to this woman for this little girl,i am guessing because they dont give up full rights.

:furious:i in no way think any of this is right, and yes mom is a crazy.But i didnt think it was that easy for a child to be given to someone else especially not family and by someone that they only new about 6 mon.and why the mom would sign over custody is beyond me.maybe this little girl is better off if the judge did see it that way.the point of this story is to let you kow that the FATHER could NOT do anything about it but get visitation. Sorry for the LONG post.

I would have hoped they were doing searches all along....a quiet parallel investigation of possible dump sites.

I would imagine that's correct. I also hope that they have been investigating where the GPS came from. Who owned that before it went to San Antonio?

Why did she go to San Antonio?

Why would EJ even tell TS she was in San Antonio unless she trusted her and thought it was OK for her to know?

Excellent point...if they are butting heads. Who knows? The FBI is on this now and I would imagine the multi-state LE would take direction from them?

I don't think they are bumping heads. The prosecutor was making the strongest argument possible for the 1 million cash only bond.

EJ did say that she killed Gabe, the baby can not be found, and EJ is a huge flight risk as evidenced by her trip across the southern part of the United States.

The prosecutor does say that LE does not KNOW if the baby is dead or alive. That, to me, seems very, very true.

I do think once EJ consults with her attorney (which I hope happens right away, like last night already) she will talk. However, if she tells her attorney that she gave the baby away to an unknown couple (zanny the nanny) there will be no plea deal until this baby is found, imo.

Salem

I would imagine that's correct. I also hope that they have been investigating where the GPS came from. Who owned that before it went to San Antonio?

Why did she go to San Antonio?

Why would EJ even tell TS she was in San Antonio unless she trusted her and thought it was OK for her to know?

So do we know if that claim that TPS gave the gps to EJ was sent to LE? I know a couple of posters advised it, but I'm not sure the email was ever forwarded?

TIA,

Salem

So we know if that claim that TPS gave the gps to EJ was sent to LE? I know a couple of posters advised it, but I'm not sure the email was ever forwarded?

TIA,

Salem

Salem, I don't know it it's true or not, but I would like to know. Some are not so anxious to take TS's daughter's word. I'm hoping that LE was able to verify where that GPS came from by now.

Sorry if this was posted before, but I found these statements very telling. There are 3 pages, but it won't let me get to the others,,,grrrr.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...baby_gabriel_johnson_unremorseful.html?cat=25

Eight-month-old Gabriel Johnson (born May 3, 2009), whose parents are Elizabeth Johnson and Logan McQueary, was last seen on December 26, 2009— two days after his first Christmas— with his mother in San Antonio, Texas. He went officially missing as of December 27 when his father called the police upon receiving a text message from Ms. Johnson stating that she had killed their baby. Ms. Johnson was arrested and jailed. Baby Gabriel is believed to still be alive.

On Friday, January 8, 2010, Scottsdale couple Jack and Tammi Peters Smith— who were hoping to adopt Gabriel and are 'persons of interest' in his disappearance— took polygraph tests. This followed their January 7 appearance on the HLN nighttime show Nancy Grace— on which they announced having volunteered for polygraphs a week earlier but had not yet heard back. Tempe Police Department spokesman Sgt. Steve Carbajal has said that investigators believe the Smiths' polygraph responses have revealed information that will lead to baby Gabriel Johnson. The test results are being analyzed.

According to Logan McQueary, after his son disappeared, the Smiths told him that if 'you care about your son and want him back... and you want Elizabeth to bring him back, just sign the paperwork and she'll bring him back'. During a KPHO interview, the Smiths claimed that they were only relaying Ms. Johnson's messages. Mrs. Smith said, "Now the father is so deep into this that his ego would never let him sign papers."

Yes that was stated by Tammi's daughter in an email. I also think it should be forwarded to LE. It may help in finding Gabriel.

Did LE recover the GPS?
Were the Smith's computer seized?
Did they find the diaperbag?

I liked the way Jean handled the Smiths on the NG show last Friday much better than the way Nancy Grace handles them. NG is too soft on them in my opinion. I thought Jean (don't remember her last name) really did an excellent job and was more aggressive. JMO

Salem, I don't know it it's true or not, but I would like to know. Some are not so anxious to take TS's daughter's word. I'm hoping that LE was able to verify where that GPS came from by now.

We don't have to take TPS's daughter's word. LE can do that. LE can run the email down and talk to the girl and see what she knows, if anything. The daughter may have already talked to LE but I hate to depend on that. She is young, only 19 right? So she may not contact LE for a variety of reasons, one being that she just doesn't think it is that important? She did give the receiver of the email permission to pass the email on to media, so I think passing it on to LE would be okay?

Salem

I head TPS say that EJ got WIC, so milk should have been covered, but she would have needed ice chest to transport it? cheese and other things are covered too, but not diapers.

Six Flags is near the hotel and park.

Did she leave AZ on the 20th or sooner?

WIC doesn't automatically give every possible benefit to everyone who applies; it depends on the person's need. So milk might not have been covered, especially with a baby too young to drink it.

We don't have to take TPS's daughter's word. LE can do that. LE can run the email down and talk to the girl and see what she knows, if anything. The daughter may have already talked to LE but I hate to depend on that. She is young, only 19 right? So she may not contact LE for a variety of reasons, one being that she just doesn't think it is that important? She did give the receiver of the email permission to pass the email on to media, so I think passing it on to LE would be okay?

Salem

i was looking at the sons ms and he put status on Jan 9th that he would get questioned by the FBI because of his biomom and then says thanks.TS also left him a comment saying that you try to help others then it bits you in the butt.so im pretty sure they all go questioned by the FBI

Is it possible to have a thread like Caylee's for baby Gabriel, I am getting confused with all the facts etc. I figured I would ask seems like it is time.

WIC doesn't automatically give every possible benefit to everyone who applies; it depends on the person's need. So milk might not have been covered, especially with a baby too young to drink it.

Good point, would they cover formula then? And if baby is covered by WIC, is mom automatically covered too?

Ok i am very new here. This case has had me somewhat intrigued,probably just because there are so many unanswered questions. I am from south texas right along the mexian border and have only heard 1 story about this when EJ had first gotten arrested and linking her to SA, nothing else..this is the only website i was able to find with good info.. so thank you very munch..

My cousin in law, who lives in Houston tx, is in a custody battle with a woman who claims she was giving full custody of her little girl.Now to me everything seems off.the story behind it is this woman was "babysitting" this little girl for an extended amount of time.there were papers signed by the mother giving the woman temp. guardianship.the grandmother went to pick up the little girl from this womans house and she said she wouldnt give her to her. This woman ended up taking off with the baby then the mother went to the police and the issued a amber alert.the baby was returned by the woman that sameday.now after going to court and even the judge looking at the papers that were signed(they were not drawn up by an attorney, but were notarized)gave the woman primary custody of the baby.Now the father didnt sign over any rights or even those papers just the mother did.Mom & dad were living together at the time.He requested for custody of her and was also granted visitation only along with mom.they (mom & dad) have to pay child support to this woman for this little girl,i am guessing because they dont give up full rights.

:furious:i in no way think any of this is right, and yes mom is a crazy.But i didnt think it was that easy for a child to be given to someone else especially not family and by someone that they only new about 6 mon.and why the mom would sign over custody is beyond me.maybe this little girl is better off if the judge did see it that way.the point of this story is to let you kow that the FATHER could NOT do anything about it but get visitation. Sorry for the LONG post.

very good point, In Texas, if you hand your child over to someone, and say yes, you can take him for a visit, they can take off and not give the child back, because you "gave them" the child. Now police can get the child back, but no charges can be pressed.

Case in point, My sister at the E.R. late one night, 4 young kids, trying to fill out paperwork, a lady asked, if she could hold the baby, so my sister could finish the papers. She would sit right there on the chairs. Sister said OK. The woman took off with my Nephew a few month old. Luckily, she ran into the actual E.R. area, and could not get out. Police could not arrest her, because my sister had handed her the baby. and get this, told my sister, "she has done this before!!"

i was looking at the sons ms and he put status on Jan 9th that he would get questioned by the FBI because of his biomom and then says thanks.TS also left him a comment saying that you try to help others then it bits you in the butt.so im pretty sure they all go questioned by the FBI

Wow, oh wow,,why are the Smiths not taking a back seat here??,,,letting their children get dragged into this? and basically stating that they are to be good citizens and be helpful? Talk about further jeopardizing your relationship with your children. This is not their fight, this is between EJ, and LM. Those SMiths need to get a clue :banghead: and ALL about the Gabriel.

Kat101 WELCOME to WS, glad to have you here ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez