AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to it a few times and the dad says, she is, wa..IS so full of life.

So he said is then almost said was then corrected with a strong IS.

MMM - I agree... when I first saw their first plea, the camera angle was from the side, and I felt it was genuine on both their parts...BUT then saw the same interview w/camera angle from the FRONT and I have to say, I saw shades of Susan Smith's plea in 1994 with the dad... closed eyes....quickly choking up but recovering in a millisecond... but I STILL felt the mom's reaction was genuine.

After today's interviews; same thing...mom seems genuine but something doesn't sit right about the dad.... and I agree about his STRONG SELF-CORRECTION about the 'is IS'... something about that was weird.

I pray for Isa every day that she is found safe somewhere in Mexico and brought safely and quickly back home.

BBM and this is MOO (woo! First time using these acronyms!) but I noticed the self-correction that wasn't actually correcting anything so I watched again and listened closely. Because he wasn't correcting anything it really seemed to be more emphasis to himself to use present tense, to not lose hope. They aren't dumb people, I'm sure they know statistics are against them nearly two weeks into this and that the likelihood of bringing her home, let alone alive, is slimming. So I took it as more of a keeping up the hope more than anything else.

Does anyone know what the family did that day before going to the game and what time they went to the game? Did either of the parents work that day?

As for other being brought back to house by LE.....maybe LE did request others who may have been there to go but they refused or made an excuse not to.

You heard a "wa.."? I'll have to listen more closely, I listened a few times and didn't think he said more than a "ih" or a very soft "is." But the kids are home and some days, like earlier today, they're much louder than normal!

You heard a "wa.."? I'll have to listen more closely, I listened a few times and didn't think he said more than a "ih" or a very soft "is." But the kids are home and some days, like earlier today, they're much louder than normal!

Yeah I didn't hear it at first but then listened again and again to that part and heard a soft is then almost a was then a loud IS

I can't stand that LE doesn't seem to know anything or at least won't say anything...dying to know what is going on...this can't be another one of "those" cases...JMO

Thats an interesting observation about the mom. The only time I think I saw her smile was when talking about what kind of child Isabel is. And I think that was perfectly normal. However, throughout the rest of the interview she came off as very controlled, trying to keep her emotions in check. There were two times I noticed a little anger coming through, but she would tense up and take deep breathes.

OT: Site locked up on me again :eek: Diagnostic is that "websleuths is not responding."

BBM. On one of the HLN shows last night - JVM or NG - a reporter said that she has talked with extended family members who understand the importance of the media in keeping Isabel's disappearance in the forefront. The family members indicated that they would be happy to do this (speak to the media) but the parents won't allow it. :what:

I don't get the impression that Sergio is a control freak, and he is very free and open with his emotions and words. On the contrary, Becky does seem to be very controlled with careful check on emotions and carefully measured speech. I wonder if it's Becky who is telling extended family not to speak with the media? Seems like an awful lot of power wielded on other adults who should be able to make their own choices. If my niece or granddaughter was missing, no one would stop me from speaking out and pleading for her safe return. :moo:

I think he found that speculative question preposterous and outrageous. He cant imagine why someone would believe that about him or even ask him that question.
IMO

:seeya:

BBM: JMO ... but I do NOT believe that question was "preposterous" or "outrageous" at all ... it IS a Question that is asked all the time when your child goes "missing" ...

And you can bet LE asked Sergio that very same question ... AND ... IF he took a poly, he was also asked that very same question ... Asking the Question : whether or not you had something to do with your missing child -- is SOP by LE.

As Mr. Marc Klaas repeatedly states to parents / family of missing children : clear yourself IMMEDIATELY so the investigation can move FORWARD ...

And JMO, but it clearly does NOT look like this investigation is moving FORWARD ...

Actually, it moved "backwards" yesterday -- LE with 4 Detectives present were BACK in the home and conducted interviews with 3 family members SEPARATELY ...

While LE is NOT going to say this, it is obvious IMO that "something" is just not adding up with respect to the evidence and what the parents/family have told LE ...

All JMO and MOO ...

:moo::moo::moo:

He wasn't asked IF he did it, he was asked what he thought about the SPECULATION. I think he answered it appropriately.

If it was Cynthia McFadden of ABC, SHE would have asked THE question. I'm just sayin.

:moo::moo::moo:

I was able to watch the Today show interview this morning.

Usually, I have an opinion of involvement or dishonesty fairly quickly. With Isa's parents, I honestly don't get any vibes, good or bad. IMO, they are very difficult to read. Some of what they expressed in the interview was odd, but I find myself wanting to give them the benefit of doubt. Maybe they are very private people who have difficulty expressing deeply emotional thoughts and feelings?

Yeah I didn't hear it at first but then listened again and again to that part and heard a soft is then almost a was then a loud IS

I'll have to try later on with headphones, if I can find them anyway. It still sounds like a soft "ih" or "is" not a "wa" to me. Here's hoping I find some headphones!

Yeah I am listening with headphones, I still hear a almost was in there before it is corrected to is.

Been busy in court all morning, did I miss anything good my friends? How did mom and dad do? I missed that also. Saw some on the TV in the lobby but not much.

Any breaks?

My dh and I heard it right away and we both kinda gave each other a look because we noticed it at the same time. We found Sergio's answers to be strange. The mother's answers not so much. I do think they were couched on how to answer questions and I suspect that is part of what we were noticing. I also think that is where the is...wa(s)..IS came from, I feel he was concentrating on his wording because of being couched and that concentration took away from his honest emotion. However, that doesn't mean I feel they were involved. I still have no idea what to think.

Moo

They remind me very much of the Smart parents when Elizabeth was missing.

Ed Smart very emotional type. Lois showing no emotion.

JMO

Been busy in court all morning, did I miss anything good my friends? How did mom and dad do? I missed that also. Saw some on the TV in the lobby but not much.

Any breaks?

No nothing new :(

I remember this being discussed in several other cases covered here over the years when some posters took issue with the past tense being used. I remember that Marlene Lamar also has used past tense when referring to Sierra.

I also remember Ed Smart did it.

Maybe it is because they havent seen their loved one lately or maybe deep down they believe their loved one isnt coming home alive and that belief would certainly creep into their minds no matter how hard they try to shut it out, imo.

But I certainly dont think it means anything sinister because innocent parents have done the same thing in the past.

I dont know why they do it. Heck I have used past tense too when the person is alive.

IMO

My point was that he asked her if she was hungry rather than ask her if he could read to her or tuck her in.

Yes, I am sure many people feed their children late at night. I reserve judgement on that, and that was NOT my point.
Not only do many people feed their kids before bed. . Or ask if their hungry(especially When they've spent an entire evening at baseball games). But more importantly many people do not read bedtime stories to their children every night. .IMO to suggest its atypical for a parent to ask whether their child wants something to eat "rather" than read a bedtime story is based solely on what you may find personally normal ..and there are many who their "normal" is not reading a bedtime story EVERY NIGHT…

BBM I picture Isa sitting on the bed in front of mom while mom braids her hair, then going off to bed. (My own mother used to do this)

I suppose I am being picky, but when we learned that Becky went to bed before Isa did, I assumed that meant more than a minute or two before. If they went to bed within minutes of each other, I'd say they went to bed at or around the same time. I had the impression Becky was sound asleep long before Isa was put to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb