AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have not been specifically named as suspects or POIs either. In fact the Sgt. said the only ones that can be ruled out are the people that can prove they were not in Tuscon when Isa went missing. She said that this weekend in the PC.

There is no evidence that the Celis family are being deceitful or insincere. Not one person has said they are fake and appear to be something they are not. Not one.

IMO
actually, LE has consistently said everyone (including the parents) are persons of interest.

just saying...

(complete coverage has all the pressers but here is just one snip) :

There has not been one person that has been identified as a suspect, as well as no one has been eliminated from suspicion in this case."
Sgt. Hawke also talked about their process of elimination when it comes to identifying possible suspects. So far, she says no one has been identified, nor ruled out.
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/#fcanchor

I know there are other members who are usually posting updates on news and have a specific way they do it, but I wanted to post this really fast since there was a lot of discussion about the 3 girls/intruder and possible connection to Isa's case:

BREAKING NEWS: Pima County Sheriff's Department releases surveillance images in the sexual assault of possibly three little girls in a foothills home. Click this link for the news release and images. Maybe you know something that can help investigators.

http://www.pimasheriff.org/bulletin...2.-public-assistance-requested./#!prettyPhoto
Thanks, AzDaisyCrazy!

Does anyone recognize the logo on the t-shirt?
Does it say "Gym---------"?
Is it a shirt for a particular gym/place, etc. that he may be a member of?

ETA: I see other sleuthers answered these questions after I posted! Thank you!

IDK, Shelby, but he does look like the sketch, and the clothing fits the description.
He's wearing a GYM TAN LAX shirt, so I hope they are checking all the youth Lacrosse groups in Tucson.
The youth sports connection seems important in relation to the Isa case, too.

He stops and looks outside. What's he looking at?
What is he buying? cookies?
This surveilance was taken at 12:27 am on the 30th of April, about an hour and a half before assault/911 was called about the 3 girls.

Wow, Prof!
Good sleuthing... you already have interesting avenues for direction in investigating!

Below is the guy in the sketch. He has extremely short hair and is wearing big glasses.

POI is in this video. The guy at the counter has very dark poofy hair that is not extremely short and no glasses.

http://www.pimasheriff.org/bulletin...2.-public-assistance-requested./#!prettyPhoto[gal]/0/

The screen shot below is sketch from the one girl with some assistance from the other 2 girls.

I agree that the guy on the video does not resemble the sketch.. hair, shape of face, do not match.

I didn't see any signs of sun glasses, but they may have been in pocket?

The guy in the sketch looks like he needs to wear glasses.... as in prescription.

JMO

ETA: Oops! My bad......When I viewed the video again, it does look like the guy could be wearing glasses... (not sun glasses).

I'm still picking up light fixtures, pool furniture and scraping grit out of my eyes/house from our haboob earlier. And holy Geeze... it's downright chilly! Sweats here!

I dunno. That looks to be ANYkid Sabino (the local High School)... I also think there's something not quite "kosher" about that incident. Or at least something/lots of things that have been missing in the reporting. There is virtually no chatter about it up here. Something just feels "off". IDK

Do you feel that there was another, ulterior exchange?
Can you say more about what is not "kosher" to you?
TIA

Although I have been a "guest" here for sometime and have enjoyed reading @websleuths this is my very first post here. ( eek- I'm scared )I may be a little all over the place so please forgive me.

There are a few things that as a Mom...really bother me about the Celis case and I haven't seen many posts from others as concerned as I am about:
1) the non working car, with blankets and pillow
2) she normally slept with her brothers.

My antennae is up because both of those things are totally "ewie" red flags to me. As a Mom ( who spent well over a decade with her kids in Little League) I was always hyper-aware of older younger children's activities with each other and their friends and maybe because I am also a teacher, I am suspiciously over the the top at times.

I feel sad that those parents were so dangerously naive which combined with their very public life allowed a lot of people to know beautiful Isabel and all of their activities enough to do an " adequate" job to -

Jimmy the window screen when they were at her brother's ball game and lay in wait in the car to later lure her out of the window. Maybe the reason she wasn't in her room that particular night was because the perp primed her to be a " BIG Girl" and stay in her "own Big Girl Room" that very night.

Also, for some reason, I keep thinking of JonBenet.

iSleuth - Welcome. I enjoyed your post. Your theory that someone jimmied the window while the family was at the ballgame is not one I remember being posted before. My apologies to anyone who may have already posted this. This is the first time I remember seeing that idea, and it is certainly one that merits investigation. Was anyone at the house while the family was together at the game? LE is keeping so much of this investigation close to the vest and it is making me wonder how much, or how little they know. At the same time, I applaud LE for keeping so much under wraps. It is clear LE wants to solve this case and doesn't want any aspect of their investigation comprised. Again, welcome iSleuth. You will like it here on Websleuths. It is a great group, and the best forum. Of course, IMO.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the welcome.

Along the lines of this thinking and theory....If the perp prepared the window,disabled the cameras, waited in the car, got Isabel out of the window (?) and off -site, like most criminals they most likely returned to the scene of the crime.

In this case this was- in the early hours of Saturday morning. ( voices heard by neighbor)They either encountered the dogs then... or perhaps when the Mom let the dogs out they( the dogs) must have gone nuts barking from the scent s of the crime and the perp!

Also - the reason I keep thinking of JB is only a hunch ( i have no idea why)It may have something to do with DNA on the blanket and pillow taken by LE.

To me that non working car is a mischief spot ( possibly for the brothers too) and is begging for ( maybe even more) forensics.

JMOO
:seeya:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the welcome.

Along the lines of this thinking and theory....If the perp prepared the window,disabled the cameras, waited in the car, got Isabel out of the window (?) and off -site, like most criminals they most likely returned to the scene of the crime.

In this case this was- in the early hours of Saturday morning. ( voices heard by neighbor)They either encountered the dogs then... or perhaps when the Mom let the dogs out they( the dogs) must have gone nuts barking from the scent s of the crime and the perp!

Also - the reason I keep thinking of JB is only a hunch ( i have no idea why)It may have something to do with DNA on the blanket and pillow taken by LE.

To me that non working car is a mischief spot ( possibly for the brothers too) and is begging for ( maybe even more) forensics.

JMOO
:seeya:

BBM:

That non-working car keeps me going "Hmmmmm?", too!

Remember they aren't saying this is the perp.......just a POI. He could be a possible witness...or someone who may know something. He does not have to match the composite because he may not be the person who did it. Even if he is....I've seen plenty of composites that did not match the person anyway. Its not foolproof...especially working with survivors of trauma and shakey memories.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I thought LAX was short for Los Angeles Airport??? Hehehe..(don't hit me)

There are some parts of the video where it looks like he has glasses, but then I don't see them in other parts. Don't know if it's a lighting thing or my mind is playing tricks on me.

IMO, it's possible he took the glasses of, if in fact he's not wearing them. It's not like glasses are sewn to your face.

lol okay, don't hit me either... hmmn maybe they need to expand not to other sports or activities but to airports ---LAX --- PDX ---TUS

Yes, but the sketch never showed dark glass frames. The glass frames in the sketch look more like the type of frames JM wears. Anyway, we could all be looking at two different videos The PIMA SD has two links.

I click on read more under the May 9th press release here
http://www.pimasheriff.org/bulletins/
and then the hyperlink
Watch Video Footage

This video can be enlarged to full screen and paused.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18248651/lead-in-case-involving-sexual-assault-of-3-girls

well in this it looks like they described the perp to the t to the guy in the video. Dark glasses could of been sun glasses...

Richard Kastigar of the Pima County Sheriff's Department said the home is owned by the girls' grandparents. The girls and their mother were visiting from another state, Kastigar said.

Kastigar said all three girls were victimized, though it is unknown to what extent each was victimized.

I'm with you there. Expenses are one thing... compensation is generally meant as above and beyond the logistical expenses.

If this was shot in their home town of Tucson, it seems excessive for the Celis' to require a hotel room. If it was filmed elsewehre, I could see giving the parents a reasonable expense allowance for things like room and board.

If this was shot in their home town of Tucson, it seems excessive for the Celis' to require a hotel room. If it was filmed elsewehre, I could see giving the parents a reasonable expense allowance for things like room and board.

It may sound excessive to the majority, by we are not in their shoes. The Celis may not want to be in their home, simply due to fear, they may not have wanted to do the interview from the grandparents home, as the grandparents are elderly and may have been horribly affected by this tragedy. Privacy was an issue, I'm sure and if the network wanted to pay for a hotel, meals etc, so be it, they have the budget for it.

actually, LE has consistently said everyone (including the parents) are persons of interest.

just saying...

(complete coverage has all the pressers but here is just one snip) :

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/#fcanchor

Do they always say 'everyone including the parents are a person of interest." I cant remember them including the parents specifically everyime when they say that in their pressers but I have missed some of them.

Here is another snippet to what she said in another PC held this past Sunday which I was referring to when I mentioned only people not in Tucson that day could be eliminated as taking Isa.

Sgt. Hawke says there's a multi step process detectives go through to eliminate possible suspects.

"There's a variety of hypotheticals that could cause somebody to be cleared. One example is if we can definitively prove that they were not in the city of Tucson at any time, during the time frame she potentially went missing," said Sgt. Hawke, "So that 11pm on Friday to 8am Saturday morning. If we can definitively prove that someone was not in town, it eliminates them from the suspicion of having taken her. But we then have to take the next step of eliminating them of having any knowledge of the incident."

So far, no one has been identified as a suspect and no one has been ruled out.

So it sounds like everyone that lives in Tucson who was in the city that day are POIs.

IMO

Thanks, AzDaisyCrazy!

Does anyone recognize the logo on the t-shirt?
Does it say "Gym---------"?
Is it a shirt for a particular gym/place, etc. that he may be a member of?

The shirt is a Lacrosse favorite "GYM TAN LAX"

It actually originates from the slogan made poplular by the reality show The Jersey Shore
"Gym Tan Laundry" or GTL.
One team grabbed it and changed Laundry to LAX (short for Lacrosse).
It is a practice shirt
The shirts canbe bought online.

The company states

"After the success of Jersey Shore the Gator Lacrosse braintrust came up with the idea of the GYM TAN LAX lifestyle in order to promote the game of lacrosse in the state of Florida and grow the exposure of Florida Lacrosse across the Nation and the World."

"In just over 6 months, GYM TAN LAX has swept the Nation. Others have tried to copy the GTL mantra and none have succeeded. Help support the Gator Lacrosse team by purchasing a tank and joining the lifestyle."

Ascocialempire markets the shirts. Their FB about us quotes one of my fav Joan Didion books without credit...lol sorry I notice these things-- the quote gives an example of A-social behavior.

I have not seen these shirts in stores, yet.

It may sound excessive to the majority, by we are not in their shoes. The Celis may not want to be in their home, simply due to fear, they may not have wanted to do the interview from the grandparents home, as the grandparents are elderly and may have been horribly affected by this tragedy. Privacy was an issue, I'm sure and if the network wanted to pay for a hotel, meals etc, so be it, they have the budget for it.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I saw Sergio bringing his mother into the church and she looks to be elderly and is in a wheelchair.

It would be highly unfair to his elderly parents to bring all the stuff that has to be set up for an interview into their home. Imo, these people are private people and need peace and quiet at such a tragic time in their lives.

They dont need cameras and cords strewen everywhere in their home.

Going to the hotel for the interview was the best decision, imo.

IMO

Do they always say 'everyone including the parents are a person of interest." I cant remember them including the parents specifically everyime when they say that in their pressers but I have missed some of them.

Here is another snippet to what she said in another PC held this past Sunday which I was referring to when I mentioned only people not in Tucson that day could be eliminated as taking Isa.

Sgt. Hawke says there's a multi step process detectives go through to eliminate possible suspects.

"There's a variety of hypotheticals that could cause somebody to be cleared. One example is if we can definitively prove that they were not in the city of Tucson at any time, during the time frame she potentially went missing," said Sgt. Hawke, "So that 11pm on Friday to 8am Saturday morning. If we can definitively prove that someone was not in town, it eliminates them from the suspicion of having taken her. But we then have to take the next step of eliminating them of having any knowledge of the incident."

So far, no one has been identified as a suspect and no one has been ruled out.

So it sounds like everyone that lives in Tucson who was in the city that day are POIs.

IMO
It will take me quite a bit of time to go back thru all of the threads to find all of the transcripts, but yes they have said they are persons of interest and have not been ruled out.

I will go back and find some of them for you. brb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member