AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did only one national interview didnt they and then they started doing local interviews?

OMG! I dont think they went on Nancy's show (I hope not) but she just showed clips of that national interview.

No one knows how long the Celis's stayed at the hotel but IMOO, I couldnt care less.

I hope they will soon have enough courage to return to their own home but Becky is concerned about the harsh chemicals LE used in the home and hopefully it has been professionally cleaned by now.

IMO

The windows of the house have likely been closed leaving the chemicals trapped inside. I think there must be some type of instrument which can accurately measures the level of toxicity left by chemicals in the atmosphere so they'll know for sure when the house is fit for occupants. These days they test air quality and carbon monoxide levels in buildings so they are likely conducting a test.

The PC was in Tucson but does anyone know where was the parents following interview that NG showed clips on national television filmed? I am curious to know what goes on behind the scenes. Does the family go to a television studio in Tucson or does a camera crew show up at their house or another location of their choosing? TIA

I personally do not care if they needed a hotel room or not, that is a personal choice that I don't think matters in terms of investigation. However, the statement by the MSM article stating that NBC "has been" paying for their hotel room (they only gave 1 local interview in that hotel room, and I assume the GMA interview). I do not think the hotel room was just for the interviews, I think they have been staying there because they don't want to be in the home, and I assume they aren't staying at her parents because they are in fragile health and who needs that added stress.

The "problem" is the statement by the Celis that they received no compensation for their GMA interview. But when it comes to light that NBC is paying for their hotel room and NBC got their first interview I think it is logical to think that some sort of compensation was paid (In the form of the hotel being paid for). I think they should have said this, and not said they didn't receive any compensation, because now it looks like a lie. Doesn't make them guilty, doesn't make them horrible...but in the words of Aesop "No one believes a liar even when he tells the truth”.

IMO.

I saw this quote in an interview with someone concerning the ongoing case of Adam Christopher Mayes, who kidnapped the Bain girls, killing the mother and oldest daughter. He apparently believes the two youngest are (biologically) his daughters and his intent was (per his family) only to take those two.

The quote that stood out to me was:

"When I first saw him, I kind of had a bad vibe about him, so I just kind of stayed away," (a witness) said. "But then I saw him here all the time and I figured he's no threat to us because he's always here."

http://www.mail.com/news/us/1272356...ying-suspect-2-girls.html#.7518-stage-hero1-2

I can see how something like this could have happened in the Celis case. The family is very social (per LE) and I'd like to know wheteher any of the other baseball parents had noticed anyone who began attending games, in spite of not having a child on either team.

Again, this is NOT about the Isabel Celis case, it pertained to the Tennessee case in which the victims were/are Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters.

Tucson Police Department is expected to give an update Thursday on its search for Isabel Celis.

It's now day 20 of the search, and police are expected to give new details about the number of tips coming in.

Previously, police said they've received more than a thousand.

The Chief tells us that estimated costs for the investigation are likely above $1 million dollars.

The next press conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Thursday and will be streamed live on www.tucsonnewsnow.com.
http://www.wdam.com/story/18253941/more-than-1m-spent-on-isabel-celis-investigation

WDAM is updating for Tucson? Okay.

WDAM-TV - Channel 7 - News, Sports, and Weather for the Hattiesburg, Laurel area of the Pine Belt in Mississippi.

WDAM is updating for Tucson? Okay.

WDAM-TV - Channel 7 - News, Sports, and Weather for the Hattiesburg, Laurel area of the Pine Belt in Mississippi.

"Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved." is at the end of the article.

Probably a story that was fed to local affiliates across the country. Ahh, technology! :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally do not care if they needed a hotel room or not, that is a personal choice that I don't think matters in terms of investigation. However, the statement by the MSM article stating that NBC "has been" paying for their hotel room (they only gave 1 local interview in that hotel room, and I assume the GMA interview). I do not think the hotel room was just for the interviews, I think they have been staying there because they don't want to be in the home, and I assume they aren't staying at her parents because they are in fragile health and who needs that added stress.

The "problem" is the statement by the Celis that they received no compensation for their GMA interview. But when it comes to light that NBC is paying for their hotel room and NBC got their first interview I think it is logical to think that some sort of compensation was paid (In the form of the hotel being paid for). I think they should have said this, and not said they didn't receive any compensation, because now it looks like a lie. Doesn't make them guilty, doesn't make them horrible...but in the words of Aesop "No one believes a liar even when he tells the truth”.

IMO.

I agree. I think in these cases there needs to be complete transparency about any funds or in-kind payments unless it directly comes from close friends and family and is given directly to them. I am also not comfortable with funds set up where the public is asked for donations and the purpose is wide open (whatever the family needs), esp if they are still POI's. So far it seems money can be donated via WF, via a paypal account (a relatives email addy used on the bring Isa home page?), the foundation, in person at the command center, directly at the copy center, in paying for services or etc. to the parents, and through charity events. The parents or relatives would serve themselves well to show public accounting of all the money and gifts received (it appears they are also collecting donations of stuff that can be sold) and publicly state how much money went where.

I once had a car that died. It was already a lemon, and I realized buying a cheap car outright was the only way to go, as the other car had a lien on it. I had to keep the broken down car tagged and insured while I finished paying it off, even though it did not run.

I totally understand that situation!

I am thinking more along the lines of other things it could be used for while it is not working

well, they changed the "contributors" section of bringisahome to "thank you to".

and the following were added to "upcoming events". again, i applaud the citizens of tucson. but it creeps me out that there's a calendar of fundraisers to begin with, and scheduled 'volunteer meetings' through the end of 2012 and beyond. i don't care if it was an automatic software entry; it looks macabre.

may 21st -- texas roadhouse (10% of proceeds)
thursdays -- zumba (minimum $5 donation requested)

To the best of my knowledge, there has been no Amber Alert issued for Isabel, but I know that there are specific criteria for this, i.e. vehicle description/license number, etc. Since the FBI was involved early on in the Celis case, why isn't Isabel listed among "missing persons"? I see many of the missing whose disappearances are discussed on Websleuths. Does the FBI have specific criteria for "missing persons" as well?

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

well, they changed the "contributors" section of bringisahome to "thank you to".

and the following were added to "upcoming events". again, i applaud the citizens of tucson. but it creeps me out that there's a calendar of fundraisers to begin with, and scheduled 'volunteer meetings' through the end of 2012 and beyond. i don't care if it was an automatic software entry; it looks macabre.

may 21st -- texas roadhouse (10% of proceeds)
thursdays -- zumba (minimum $5 donation requested)

Yes, a bit weird. The volunteer center was not even manned one day/morning this week - I think it was Monday - there's a new article on that, one woman stayed for hours trying to donate money raised, but no one showed up.

Yes, a bit weird. The volunteer center was not even manned one day/morning this week - I think it was Monday - there's a new article on that, one woman stayed for hours trying to donate money raised, but no one showed up.

:what: OMG .. that is just awful ...

Why was no one there ? What about the family or friends ?

Maybe they should bring in a "reputable" search organization that can give them some direction ...

:moo:

I hope to be proved wrong...but I am very much expecting this case to turn into another Ayla, etc...where nothing much ever happens...or like Baby Lisa...

Please prove me wrong today, LE...tell us you have SOME idea of what happened to Isabel...

I hope to be proved wrong...but I am very much expecting this case to turn into another Ayla, etc...where nothing much ever happens...or like Baby Lisa...

Please prove me wrong today, LE...tell us you have SOME idea of what happened to Isabel...

:seeya:

I have been following both Baby Lisa and little Ayla's case from the beginning ... and I hope Isabel's case does NOT go cold like Baby Lisa's case has ...

Now, I do think little Ayla's case will be solved though ... I am very optimistic about that case because they do have evidence and do know who the perp is/are, but they need to find Ayla !

Just like they need to find Isabel ... then hopefully the pieces will all come together ...

:please: find Isabel, Lisa and Ayla ...

:seeya:

I have been following both Baby Lisa and little Ayla's case from the beginning ... and I hope Isabel's case does NOT go cold like Baby Lisa's case has ...

Now, I do think little Ayla's case will be solved though ... I am very optimistic about that case because they do have evidence and do know who the perp is/are, but they need to find Ayla !

Just like they need to find Isabel ... then hopefully the pieces will all come together ...

:please: find Isabel, Lisa and Ayla ...

OT why are you so sure that finding Ayla will be enough to make an arrest? And conversely, LE moved in the Bianca case without finding her.
I can't imagine that Ayla's body will be able to tell LE much, sadly, by the time she is found ,if she ever is. And I am not sure at all that she will be found, she was so tiny to begin with. JMO

OT why are you so sure that finding Ayla will be enough to make an arrest? And conversely, LE moved in the Bianca case without finding her.
I can't imagine that Ayla's body will be able to tell LE much, sadly, by the time she is found ,if she ever is. And I am not sure at all that she will be found, she was so tiny to begin with. JMO

JMO, but I think LE wants that "air tight case" which would include finding the body ... then they can proceed with charges, arrest, trial ... I heard that they did move forward in Bianca's case even though she has not been found ... but I guess all that depends on the District Attorney's, the investigators, and a lot of other factors ...

Now in Ayla's case, I believe Justin IS the "perp", but, there are 4 other people that know "something" as to what happened to Ayla and they are NOT talking ... 2 of them have "lawyered up" ... I believe LE is at a "stand still" right now because they do NOT know who participated in the cover-up ... Ayla's "paternal family" claim she was "kidnapped" but LE has clearly "shot" the "kidnapping" idea down because there was NO evidence of a kidnapping and Ayla's blood was found in the home ...

Sorry for the O/T ... making comparisons here ... :innocent:

Now back to Isabel : What I would like to hear from LE here is whether or not there IS evidence that Isabel WAS kidnapped by a "stranger" ...

And JMO ... but I find there is a lot of "hink" in Isabel's case, as well as the kidnapper "overcoming" 4 people in the home and 3 "barking" dogs ...

Naw ... I am not buying it ... whatever happened to Isabel, it was someone who knew her, and knew where her room was ...

:moo::moo::moo:

I can't watch the PC...my media player is not working...anyone?

I only caught the last few minutes, so we will have to wait for the upload on KOVA. Next presser is Monday at 2 pm, unless there is a break in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23