AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO, I think Isabel is alive, I also feel like she is in Mexico with some distant relative. And I also feel like this is a family member that took her. When I read about her and the different things going on, I don't feel like she is in danger, like I did reading some of the other cases on here.

I wish I felt that way for it sure would be easier on my nerves but I believe she is in grave danger as other children who have been kidnapped right from their own bedroom.

I dont think she is in Mexico. Sadly, I think most likely Isa is deceased and was shortly after she was abducted.

The only thing I can cling to is maybe some whacky female stole Isa and wanted her for her own but that is very far fetched hoping, I realize.

But even then she would still be in grave danger. I read a case a few weeks ago about a female that abducted a child and the child was missing for many years but they finally found the child and was returned to the mother. But all the time she had the child for many years she grossly abused them making me think... why in the world did she kidnap them in the first place?

http://bringisahome.com/upcoming-events/

to date, they've held the following:

- 'sweet tomatoes' fundraiser (20% of proceeds)
- charity softball
- opera concert
- ongoing TMC fund

to be held:

- Zumba (minimum $5 donation)
- boston market (15% of proceeds)

plus there are pages worth of 'sponsors/contributors'. many of the materials used to spread the word are being donated by local businesses...i've really never seen anything like this...

kudos to the citizens of tucson...

but i hope there is an accountant somewhere in there. jmo.

Well, at minimum I bet the forensic accountants are putting in some overtime going through the family finances. Wonder what they're finding?

SC will probably arrange to sell his song on iTunes next.

Well, at minimum I bet the forensic accountants are putting in some overtime going through the family finances. Wonder what they're finding?

SC will probably arrange to sell his song on iTunes next.

From what I have read all the fund raising is done by people that are supporting the Celis family and groups that have known the family for a very long time.

Like the Little League
Opera Group
Becky's coworkers at the hospital where she works.
The church where they attend.

Why would the Celis' be over those funds?

imo

I am so proud of the businesses and citizens of Tuscon for supporting the Celis' family.

There are several businesses who have given food to the volunteers and are putting up fliers in their stores.

Here is just one of them.

Jamba Juice

A big thank you to Jamba Juice who brought us smoothies at the command center and took posters to distribute in their stores!

From what I have read all the fund raising is done by people that are supporting the Celis family and groups that have known the family for a very long time.

Like the Little League
Opera Group
Becky's coworkers at the hospital where she works.
The church where they attend.

Why would the Celis' be over those funds?

imo

I think if individual organizations and groups want to raise monies to be donated to the Celis family and they do so, without detailing specifically what the donated money is to be used for, (ie posters, searches, travel to networks for interviews, etc) then it can and should be used at the family's discretion without having to account for their expenditures. The money was given without stated for what purpose it was intended. It's nobody's bidnez.

If the monies were collected for specific purposes, and used for something other than what was stated when collecting the donations, well that is another story!

Which is why I am very cautious about whom I give money to.

IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the passive aggressive angry grandma approach. :D I take the lost child's hand and loudly shout, "OMG. SOMEONE IS NOT CLOSELY WATCHING THEIR VERY PRECIOUS CHILD AND SHE IS WANDERING AWAY."

Pensfan
(mom of 4 kids that somehow survived to adulthood)

OL LOVE your style :woohoo:

I think if individual organizations and groups want to raise monies to be donated to the Celis family and they do so, without detailing specifically what the donated money is to be used for, (ie posters, searches, travel to networks for interviews, etc) then it can and should be used at the family's discretion without having to account for their expenditures. The money was given without stated for what purpose it was intended. It's nobody's bidnez.

If the monies were collected for specific purposes, and used for something other than what was stated when collecting the donations, well that is another story!

Which is why I am very cautious about whom I give money to.

IMHO.

I thought the groups and friends are raising this money and are the ones spending the money directly on what is needed for fliers and what it takes for volunteers to do their jobs.

I am not that cynical. If I give money to a family I dont really care what they use it for. When I give it to them it is no longer my money and they can do with it as they wish. Even if the Celis parents wanted to take their boys out for a nice dinner with my money that would be fine with me for I know they all need a break from the situation they are enduring.

I thought the groups and friends are raising this money and are the ones spending the money directly on what is needed for fliers and what it takes for volunteers to do their jobs.

I am not that cynical. If I give money to a family I dont really care what they use it for. When I give it to them it is no longer my money and they can do with it as they wish. Even if the Celis parents wanted to take their boys out for a nice dinner with my money that would be fine with me for I know they all need a break from the situation they are enduring.

I agree if you are going to donate then do it, if you would rather know the money is going to posters or the likes then go organize the posters and drop them off somewhere.

This was mentioned in the Sam Koenig case with her father and we know what he was spending the money on. People that donated seemed to be fine with whatever he spent it on - it was the cynics (that probably donated nothing)that *****ed about it. Created a STORM here.

Oh were oh where is this little girl. Why is someone not arrested yet? All those cameras and no one arrested?

My point was that as long as the people who are being asked to donate are aware that either a) the money is for the family to spend as they like or b) the money is being solicited to defray certain costs or for specific expenses and will, in fact, be used for those purposes, then it isn't anyone's business what the Celises do with that money.

I would just be peeved, personally, if I gave money to help find a child and later saw the parents instead bought themselves a new car and clothes but spent not a dime on searching. NOT that this is the case with the Celises. Which is why I said what I did in the first paragraph.

IMHO

In NY State it is against the law to release 911 tapes. I strongly believe that it should be the case everywhere. No one has a right to hear what I am saing to a 911 operator for the sake of curiosity, plain and simple. Jmo.

Although I have been a "guest" here for sometime and have enjoyed reading @websleuths this is my very first post here. ( eek- I'm scared )I may be a little all over the place so please forgive me.

There are a few things that as a Mom...really bother me about the Celis case and I haven't seen many posts from others as concerned as I am about:
1) the non working car, with blankets and pillow
2) she normally slept with her brothers.

My antennae is up because both of those things are totally "ewie" red flags to me. As a Mom ( who spent well over a decade with her kids in Little League) I was always hyper-aware of older younger children's activities with each other and their friends and maybe because I am also a teacher, I am suspiciously over the the top at times.

I feel sad that those parents were so dangerously naive which combined with their very public life allowed a lot of people to know beautiful Isabel and all of their activities enough to do an " adequate" job to -

Jimmy the window screen when they were at her brother's ball game and lay in wait in the car to later lure her out of the window. Maybe the reason she wasn't in her room that particular night was because the perp primed her to be a " BIG Girl" and stay in her "own Big Girl Room" that very night.

Also, for some reason, I keep thinking of JonBenet.

Although I have been a "guest" here for sometime and have enjoyed reading @websleuths this is my very first post here. ( eek- I'm scared )I may be a little all over the place so please forgive me.

There are a few things that as a Mom...really bother me about the Celis case and I haven't seen many posts from others as concerned as I am about:

My antennae is up because both of those things are totally "ewie" red flags to me. As a Mom ( who spent well over a decade with her kids in Little League) I was always hyper-aware of older younger children's activities with each other and their friends and maybe because I am also a teacher, I am suspiciously over the the top at times.

I feel sad that those parents were so dangerously naive which combined with their very public life allowed a lot of people to know beautiful Isabel and all of their activities enough to do an " adequate" job to -

Jimmy the window screen when they were at her brother's ball game and lay in wait in the car to later lure her out of the window. Maybe the reason she wasn't in her room that particular night was because the perp primed her to be a " BIG Girl" and stay in her "own Big Girl Room" that very night.

Great First Post, and :welcome::fireworks:

after watching steve powell trial, I can see some pervert watching a little girl through windows etc, YUCK!

:Welcome1:

So glad to see you have joined us and I think you will enjoy it here. Your opinion is interesting........thanks for sharing it.

I guess it is all about individual preceptions. The blankets and pillows left in the trunk of the inoperable car doesnt bother me at all. I am always leaving blankets and pillow cushions in my trunk because I have to go to a late ballgame to watch one or more of our grandchildren play ball and it gets cool at night and the bleecher are hard. Imo., the blankets/pillows were just left in there. They probably were worn and had seen better days.

I have never seen it confirmed that she did usually sleep with her brothers. If I am not mistaken that came from NGs show which I take with a boatload of salt. LE certainly has never confirmed that nor Isa's parents. Now did she at times sleep in her brothers room and slept on a sleeping bag? Possibly, but as far as sleeping in the bed with them, I would have to have that verified by the parents or LE before I would believe it. Although it certainly doesnt mean anything sinister happened even if she did. Some posters have mentioned on here that they did sleep in their older brothers' room sometime while growing up and it was a fond memory they hold.

I dont think they are necessarily naive but they did seem to be very active members of their community with Serigo being a volunteer coach for Little League and he and his sons singing in the Opera. These parents seem to be very involved and supportive of their children even Isa was playing baseball and I am sure she loved to play. They not only seem to be very talented children but were athletic as well which is good to keep them active and healthy. So of course socialable people are around more people than introverted families.

This case reminds me more of the Elizabeth Smart case because I think the Celis family is a lot like the Smart family. They seem to be an extremely tight knit close family who have talented children and also have a strong faith in God.

I dont see anything that reminds me of JB. The Celis' werent putting Isa in beauty contests even though she is a very beautiful child.

IMO

iSleuth - Welcome. I enjoyed your post. Your theory that someone jimmied the window while the family was at the ballgame is not one I remember being posted before. My apologies to anyone who may have already posted this. This is the first time I remember seeing that idea, and it is certainly one that merits investigation. Was anyone at the house while the family was together at the game? LE is keeping so much of this investigation close to the vest and it is making me wonder how much, or how little they know. At the same time, I applaud LE for keeping so much under wraps. It is clear LE wants to solve this case and doesn't want any aspect of their investigation comprised. Again, welcome iSleuth. You will like it here on Websleuths. It is a great group, and the best forum. Of course, IMO.

In NY State it is against the law to release 911 tapes. I strongly believe that it should be the case everywhere. No one has a right to hear what I am saing to a 911 operator for the sake of curiosity, plain and simple. Jmo.

I really wish it was like that in all states. It is so intrusive to me when people are going through terrible tragedies in their lives. I rarely listen to 911 calls in cases for that reason. Iit makes me feel as if I am peering into something that is a very private matter.

IMO

I really wish it was like that in all states. It is so intrusive to me when people are going through terrible tragedies in their lives. I rarely listen to 911 calls in cases for that reason. Iit makes me feel as if I am peering into something that is a very private matter.

IMO

with all due respect, if it's that private a matter, then we shouldn't be here at all.

hundreds of volunteers giving their time and money as well as scores of police officers, reporters, and internet sleuthers are trying to find a missing little girl. thousands of dollars in manpower, taxes, and labor have been spent, donated, or otherwise given to help this family.

<modsnip>. i want to hear the 911 call and see the evidence. unedited. so we can sleuth, unedited. obviously JMO...

That's nice that you are not cynical!

I am afraid that I am. And with good reason.

I have seen too much shiftiness and outright evil to just assume that everyone is swell and on the up and up.

And when it comes to protecting my child, I am doubly cynical.

I have noticed, though, several times you have referenced the incredibly strong faith and devoutness of the Celises, but I have seen nothing in the MSM to support that. Do you have links ?

I mean, I am technically a member of my church and parish, but haven't attended mass in several years. Is it just the rosary-wearing that makes you think they are so devout? IIRC, Becky stated that she was not particularly religious. And although I don't sing opera, I can sing Ava Maria. And I can recite the Stations of the Cross, Hail Mary, Apostles Creed, etc.

I am not at all religious anymore.

Thanks in advance for the links/support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member