AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://azdailysun.com/news/state-an...cle_e9cca70d-2302-5eb9-80c8-c05633aedbe1.html

Police confirm missing Tucson girl was abducted

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Quote:

For the first time, Tucson police said that a 6-year-old girl who vanished from her home last month was abducted.

Investigators had previously characterized Isabel Mercedes Celis' disappearance as a "suspicious disappearance/possible abduction."

Police spokeswoman Maria Hawke said it was an abduction after investigators determined the girl didn't leave her home alone and they reviewed the evidence. She declined to comment further.

WTH does this mean?:what: Is this a confirmation of sorts that someone other than the family took her, that she left the home alive? I had to look up the word "abducted" to try to glean some meaning from this statement.

From dictionary.com: ab·duct [ab-duhkt] verb (used with object)
1. to carry off or lead away (a person) illegally and in secret or by force, especially to kidnap.

Why would they release this confusing statement all by itself, vs. during a PC where they could elaborate?

I am so confused. Plus I missed the entire day's posts. What is F&F? Yes, I know fast and furious...what's that?

I was driving to my friend's daughters wedding last June and I was warned to stay away from Interstate 8..It runs along the northern corridor of the Mexican border and Arizona. The following article was written in 2010 and it has gotten worse.

The federal government has posted signs along a major interstate highway in Arizona, more than 100 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border, warning travelers the area is unsafe because of drug and alien smugglers, and a local sheriff says Mexican drug cartels now control some parts of the state.

“Mexican drug cartels literally do control parts of Arizona,” he said. “They literally have scouts on the high points in the mountains and in the hills and they literally control movement. They have radios, they have optics, they have night-vision goggles as good as anything law enforcement has.

“This is going on here in Arizona,” he said. “This is 70 to 80 miles from the border - 30 miles from the fifth-largest city in the United States.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/31/signs-in-arizona-warn-of-smuggler-dangers/?page=all

I have a picture of my daughter in front of one of those signs... mere miles from Tucson.

Former neighbors who live in Tucson have told us about puff-ball spiders. :eek: It was enough to make me skeered to visit there :D

:eek: Now I'm skeered to live here! Fwiw, I have no idea what a puff-ball spider is...and I don't think I want to know. :eek:

This is probably in the way back machine, but I missed it (if so). Was JM living there at this time? He has quite a few Rocky Point pictures on his profile...I wonder if he was into stuff, way above his head. He alsO had pictures with Isa on there(1 at least). She slept alone and was little, easier target for retaliation.

Also, I know I read the dogs were barking that AM. Did the dogs typically bark, or was it "something is going on here peeps" kind of bark. How would RC not be alerted to that. She was on floor by 7 and dogs barked when, 630? How far is TMC from their house?

And, lastly...was RC historically early for shifts?

Welcome!

We don't really have factual answers to any of these questions.

JM was not living at the Celis home per LE and the family. He stated in front of a news camera that he came to the neighborhood as soon as he heard in the afternoon of 4/21.

There was a neighbor interviewed, a man, in the first couple days who said that the dogs barked a lot, whenever anyone walked by the wall.

We have only heard from one colleague, and it is not clear what that colleague meant by RC's arrival at work that morning. He said something to the effect that she came in early that day.

And yet LE does not say it was a stranger abduction.Just that she was taken from her home... JMO

But they do confirm it was an abduction and some were saying that Isa was killed in her home and the cadaver dogs hit. Now we know that couldnt have been the case. Imo, it was the scent dog who scents out unfamiliar stranger scents that hit.

RE: post 1165
oops, sorry... blame Fred... he gets carried away when he tries to post

love
edna :)

Phoenix is not "El Paso/Juarez" either but it happens there and has many times. But I agree since it has never happened in Tucson it is impossible that it ever will, lets shelve this idea immediately.

You owe me Windex.

Snipped

I am so confused. Plus I missed the entire day's posts. What is F&F? Yes, I know fast and furious...what's that?
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/atf-fast-furious-sg,0,3828090.storygallery

From the article: A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher echelons of Mexican drug cartels. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which ran the operation, has lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which have been linked to crimes, including the fatal shooting of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010.

Former neighbors who live in Tucson have told us about puff-ball spiders. :eek: It was enough to make me skeered to visit there :D

I assume they're talking about wolf spiders?

That is hilarious--but I hate bugs and can tell you first hand that I'm terrified of those suckers (even though they're harmless).

So we can finally put to rest any ideas that Sergio is guilty. That makes it easier to concentrate on what really happened to Isa:

Tucson PD: Isabel was abducted

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5/AP) -
"For the first time, Tucson police said that a 6-year-old girl who vanished from her home last month was abducted."

"Police spokeswoman Maria Hawke said it was an abduction after investigators determined the girl didn't leave her home alone and they reviewed the evidence. She declined to comment further.

Police Tuesday morning searched a wash north of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base for evidence related to Isabel's disappearance, KOLD-TV reported. Thirty officers equipped with shovels and picks combed through the area left empty-handed at about 1 p.m."

http://www.kpho.com/story/18428767/tucson-pd-isabel-was-abducted

Okay! Isabel Celis was abducted. As much as some posters have favored the idea that Sergio had a part in disappearing Isa, Tucson PD disagrees. One does not abduct their own child from their home.

BBM......
Can you please explain how this makes Sergio innocent? Because I see absolutely zero connection? Thank you.

I hope LE is close to something.

Did I hear correctly that they had to wait until they finished some interviews before they released the 911 tapes?

WTH does this mean?:what: Is this a confirmation of sorts that someone other than the family took her, that she left the home alive? I had to look up the word "abducted" to try to glean some meaning from this statement.

1. to carry off or lead away (a person) illegally and in secret or by force, especially to kidnap.

Why would they release this confusing statement all by itself, vs. during a PC where they could elaborate?

BBM. That's kind of what I was thinking. As in maybe they have ruled out an "accident" in the home and Isabel's body has been hidden/disposed of. That she actually left alive. Just a thought.

Hi Boodies!

I think LE confirmed in the PC yesterday that Isa was abducted.

Yes, someone kidnapped her out of her home. I think they have always believed this. Remember early on they said they believed this was a legitimate abduction?

They just confirmed it yesterday.

IMO

Well, it can be worse. Mr. Knot is from Houston. Not eggzachary the wild west.

But as a Florida girl, I assumed when we first met, that he lived amongst the mesquite and tumbleweeds. And I didn't grow up under a rock (but again, FloriDUH).

Imagine my surprise on my first visit to lush, subtropical Houston, with more doctors than cowboys.

So, do all you Arizonites eat cactus and ride scorpions? (blue font)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey cactus is good! Makes some good jelly/jam.

This is probably in the way back machine, but I missed it (if so). Was JM living there at this time? He has quite a few Rocky Point pictures on his profile...I wonder if he was into stuff, way above his head. He alsO had pictures with Isa on there(1 at least). She slept alone and was little, easier target for retaliation.

Also, I know I read the dogs were barking that AM. Did the dogs typically bark, or was it "something is going on here peeps" kind of bark. How would RC not be alerted to that. She was on floor by 7 and dogs barked when, 630? How far is TMC from their house?

And, lastly...was RC historically early for shifts?

Hi Hilary ! Very interesting post... I have wondered about the neighbor's statement that she heard men speaking in low voices too.. IIRC, she said that she looked at her phone,so is sure of the time. And yet, yes, I agree with you, RC would have been up and getting ready for work at that time.

Of course, we do not know what RC told LE about that morning...about that particular time period of,say, 6 30 to 7 am ...jmo

Campers seen on scene... side by side, right side of photo.

Bear with me. I hate photobucket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member