AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to build up the nerve to go over there and film/photograph for anyone who would like a better look. I've been getting the bus at Broadway and Craycroft for the past few weeks. I have 5 more days of bus-riding (till school's out for TUSD), so tomorrow I will do it. I'll film the entire walk from the corner of BW/Craycroft, through the Office Max/Party City/5 Guys parking lot, and over to the house. Then, I'll upload and post it when I get home, at about 3:30 PM AZ time. Anyone have any special requests?

Actually, I take the bus straight down Craycroft, so I could film the route from TMC up to Broadway as well.

I've thought about doing it myself, I even walked over there with my phone camera ready, but I couldn't bring myself to take the pics. So I just kept walking the dog. Hahahaha, I'd make a terrible criminal.

Right, BUT... it was also stated that:

"a detective left with what looked like a comforter or a blanket of some sort."

Here is the info and link:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/02/ijvm.01.html

The cops also came out of the house with a large towel, and they went to the trunk of the car, of the detective`s car. They pulled something out and covered it up to keep it from the media and then took it back into the child`s house.

Later, a detective left with what looked like a comforter or a blanket of some sort.
The last person to go into the house is Isabel`s older brother. There you see him going in, a little young man, white T-shirt and a cap, followed by a slew of detectives. People were in the home when the 6-year-old vanished, and they`re talking to the people who were in the home. What does it all mean? Why are they questioning this family one by one?

I think I need to take up drinking. I remember the day the blankets and pillows were removed from the car, but was that the same day they took the family inside the house individually? It was also my understanding that the OP was suggesting Isabel was carried out by Sergio, covered by the towel. While adding the comforter to the equation is a possibility, it was not mentioned by the OP.

I thought the idea of trying to fool a 14 year old by throwing a TOWEL over his SISTER and thinking he was going to let it slide was sort of unlikely. She's 44" tall and 44 pounds. That's pretty big to hide in a towel. It would look like... well, like a body wrapped in a towel. SURELY the kid would associate dad carrying a body out in the night with the fact his sister was gone the next morning!

I will not dismiss the idea completely, because we haven't got any proof either way, but IMO this is an unlikely scenario.

I think every case ends up with its own unusual theories. On the Lisa Irwin case, it was about the Insane Clown Posse, and whether or not Juggalos would kidnap a baby.:what:

Right...LOL when LE gives out almost no info, enter the Insane Clown Posse..

The thank you button was not enough! Thank you so much for this find. Ok, will keep working on my theory, seems dad was first, mom second, 14 yo last. The beach towel was a cover for something from the trunk of the detectives car.

Anybody, theories on what was in detectives trunk that was concealed with the beach towel?

A video camera. MOO

Hi Lisa! I know what you mean, I have tried to make that dadgum google man walk around that alley forever!! It has frustrated me to no end!

I would *guess* the images from google maps of the neighborhood are from at least 2010 or earlier from the image I saw of my own house down the street. If I see it on a computer rather than my phone I can probably narrow it down more.

Someone uptread DID post an example and linked it.

I thought this case had been mentioned, but here is a link for a 6-year old child who was abducted by a Mexican drug cartel:

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-charged-for-cole-puffinburger-s-kidnapping

On Oct. 15 2008, Tinnemeyer’s daughter and grandson were dragged into the drug dealers’ falling-out when a Hispanic man burst into Puffington’s home (disguising himself as a police officer), held the family at gunpoint and took the child.

Lopez-Buelna told authorities the boy was taken in an attempt to lure Tinnemeyer back to Vegas

The drug dealers also sent a warning note to the daughter before the kidnapping. Then they went in home invasion style and took the boy.

I have respect for everyone's opinion. If people want to believe that somehow someone connected to Sergio got mixed up with drug dealers, by all means, believe that.

It is my opinion that drug cartels and their ilk are absolutely not subtle. They want to make sure you know that they are present and they are taking something that belongs to you, because of your betrayal. It is my opinion that they are not going to sneak into a bedroom window and take Isa without making sure that the whole family knows.

As far as we know, there have been NO demands for ransom. As far as we know, no one else has been threatened.

Until I see credible evidence of a connection to this family and a drug cartel, I'm crossing it off my list. JMO

The drug dealers also sent a warning note to the daughter before the kidnapping. Then they went in home invasion style and took the boy.

I have respect for everyone's opinion. If people want to believe that somehow someone connected to Sergio got mixed up with drug dealers, by all means, believe that.

It is my opinion that drug cartels and their ilk are absolutely not subtle. They want to make sure you know that they are present and they are taking something that belongs to you, because of your betrayal. It is my opinion that they are not going to sneak into a bedroom window and take Isa without making sure that the whole family knows.

As far as we know, there have been NO demands for ransom. As far as we know, no one else has been threatened.

Until I see credible evidence of a connection to this family and a drug cartel, I'm crossing it off my list. JMO

The rub here is this, "as far as we know", there have been no ransom demands.

I should have said "involved in something" highly criminal, I guess. But if this is the case, that Sergio is a witness, as some have suggested, why does LE point out that the parents are POI's and stick so close to the looking at and around that house? Seems like LE would pretty much know who to go after, JMO.

The parents are the connection to the kidnapper, no matter WHO he is. Six year olds do not bring home adult "friends" and I think we can agree that she was not taken by another six year old. Whether or not they are directly involved in her disappearance, they would still be "of interest" as there might be a question as to whether they had any ideas that anything was amiss with any of the people they are focusing on.

The funny thing is that I'm not leaning one way or another on this case. I have stated that a cartel connection is on my radar, but I have others on my radar as well. What I'm saying is, a mod wanted a link to ANY other child taken by a cartel because a parent had an involvemenet and in retaliation, so, that is the link.

Anita you posted this:

Could you please provide a link to where it has been stated that it
was a " a mexican style blanket "

I can't provide a link which states that. The best I could find is this:
The cops also came out of the house with a large towel, and they went to the trunk of the car, of the detective`s car. They pulled something out and covered it up to keep it from the media and then took it back into the child`s house.

Later, a detective left with what looked like a comforter or a blanket of some sort.

From here:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/02/ijvm.01.html

FWIW, I said "it had been described as a mexican style blanket". Perhaps it was something that we surmised as we were tossing around ideas about what the detectives were carrying in and out of the house that day.

I found the video where she mentions the cartel rumor and posted it above (post #780).

Whoa ... Yes ... I remember that now -- the neighbor's interview and she did mention something about "RUMORS" about the C's ...

JMO ... but I did not find her to be credible ...

MOO ... :moo:

The funny thing is that I'm not leaning one way or another on this case. I have stated that a cartel connection is on my radar, but I have others on my radar as well. What I'm saying is, a mod wanted a link to ANY other child taken by a cartel because a parent had an involvemenet and in retaliation, so, that is the link.

Me too, never posted any theories just threw some info out there with Pieper which basically started with the neighbor girl as well as other locals mentioning possible connections.

I have several other ideas what could have happened beside that.

The rub here is this, "as far as we know", there have been no ransom demands.
I believe LE said there had been no ransom demands, though that was a week or so ago (at least during the regular press conferences).

However, if there were ransom demands, I have a very hard time imagining either the family or LE to handle the case in the public the way they have. Which leads me to believe there have been no ransom demands.

IMO

Wouldn't he know their demands if he owed money, was a snitch, etc...

I took the asking for demands thing as a: naive if he is innocent or b. saying what he thought would make him sound innocent, if not.

JMO

IF any of this were true you are looking at a huge international political and public relations nightmare so I dont think it will become public knowledge any time soon even if there is some indication this may be what happened.

See my signature.

A video camera. MOO
Very interesting and plausible.

Yet why hide it in a blanket? Couldn't a video camera be put in a briefcase or just in a camera bag? Why draw attention to it by putting it in a blanket/towel?

But then, the same could be said for whatever it was in the blanket/towel, no matter what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez