AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as someone who has served our country, I associate yellow ribbons with troops coming home from war. I do not associate them with missing children or persons. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

ive never served but the list of those i personally know who have is longer than i am tall lol

anyways, i associate a yellow ribbon the same way....

interesting read on the history of the "yellow ribbon" and it's meaning....
http://www.loc.gov/folklife/ribbons/ribbons.html

ETA...also found this FWIW...
Awareness Ribbon Colors and Meanings
http://www.trinitylondon.com/awareness-ribbon-meanings.asp

I haven't heard any LE indicate drug-cartel debt, however, I have read "rumors" all over the place of people having a friend, whose friend's hubby works in LE and is a US Marshall, etc., etc. and posting whereever they can just to get a wrench into the mix.

IMO, the chances of a US Marshall sharing anything as delicate as this case, with details even to a spouse is serious stuff.

Any US Marshall sharing stuff needs to be fired!

Thank you for the clarification. I was thinking of the post earlier that said LE source said it was drug/cartel related. I hadn't read that stated anywhere else, what this person just recently posted. Thank you!

The yellow ribbon is used for many things:

'Round her neck she wears a yeller ribbon,
She wears it in winter and the summer so they say,
If you ask her "Why the decoration?"
She'll say "It's fur my lover who is fur, fur away.

Seems to mean hope for a loved one to return. It fits both soldiers and missing persons.

ah...the rumor i was talking about and I think lava too...is the rumor about a friend of a detectives wife claims that a piece of drywall was removed from isa's closet and on that drywall was a message she wrote that said something like bad bad daddy.....

and my response to that rumor is....i see no reason why CS techs would remove a piece of drywall and not just take a picture....the rumor makes no sense to me at all...

What I said in relation to the rumors actually fits both the drywall and Cartel theories. I have heard very similar things on both issues. But again, as always, just rumors.

lol No no no not thread after thread of yellow ribbons pleeeease lol

....Isnt it amazing how if SC & RC would just talk and answer some questions and address some rumours, even thru an attorney, how so many of these little details (that would not screw up a case) could be answered?

19 threads, zillions of posts.....same questions being asked over and over and over.....same guesses, assumptions, theories, etc being made over and over...

And all it would take is a good interviewer and the two of them to clear up a crap load of questions. Even LE has encouraged them to speak to the media.

19 threads in and we are again bringing up.........did he really even work and if so, where? lol Simple question he could answer...amongst others.

This case (like so many) is like fashion....eventually a question will be resurrected and tossed around again....then on to the next repeated queries....

Over a month now and we still have no answers about ANYTHING....even the little things that would not hinder the integrity of a case....

....just random thoughts as i lurk....lol...carry on :giggle:

What would be accomplished by answering those questions, other than to satisfy curiosity? Would it help find out what happened to Isa?

Thank you for the clarification. I was thinking of the post earlier that said LE source said it was drug/cartel related. I hadn't read that stated anywhere else, what this person just recently posted. Thank you!

The same information has been posted here by two individuals. The wording was exact, and the chances of them both knowing the same friend whose friend's hubby is a US Marshall is total BS and a rumor.

The US Marshall's do not reveal anything to their families, and if they did, and their spouse blabs to her friend, the spouse's hubby's life could be in jeopardy, as well as his career.

I have that song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon round the Old Oak Tree" stuck in my head now lol Hope you are all happy LOL

The house data are posted on the Pima County Assessor's website. All of that is publicly available information. 3802 sq. ft. is a LOT said:
From what I read they last time that house was sold it was sold for 83K, maybe they picked up a foreclosure.

The same information has been posted here by two individuals. The wording was exact, and the chances of them both knowing the same friend whose friend's hubby is a US Marshall is total BS and a rumor.

The US Marshall's do not reveal anything to their families, and if they did, and their spouse blabs to her friend, the spouse's hubby's life could be in jeopardy, as well as his career.

Thank you Patty G. I am new here and admit that I didn't go back and read all the threads (there is just so many). You are always so helpful in answering ?s! :tyou:

I have that song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon round the Old Oak Tree" stuck in my head now lol Hope you are all happy LOL

:floorlaugh: I just listened to it. Lyrics suggest someone who spent three years in prison - "I've done my time".

ive never served but the list of those i personally know who have is longer than i am tall lol

anyways, i associate a yellow ribbon the same way....

interesting read on the history of the "yellow ribbon" and it's meaning....
http://www.loc.gov/folklife/ribbons/ribbons.html

ETA...also found this FWIW...
Awareness Ribbon Colors and Meanings
http://www.trinitylondon.com/awareness-ribbon-meanings.asp

Sad panda. That site is missing the ALS/Lou Gehrig's ribbon I designed. They don't even have ALS listed. :/

I agree re: yellow ribbons. That's what they've always meant to me, too.

I didn't know that yellow ribbons are reserved...unless Tony said so. ;) :eek:

The practice began...and people chose certain colors in order to be unique or to honor the person's fave color...JMO. And JMO, anyone can use yellow (or any other color).

I always thought the tradition began in honor of the American hostages in Iran in 1980-81?

I mean, I know it's from the Tony Orlando song, but did anyone actually start doing it until the Iran thing? I honestly don't know. Durrrrrr

Most of the rumors I've heard about cartels involve gun smuggling, specifically people involved with the Operation Fast and Furious. Without getting into the politics of it, The operation was supposed to target people already in the US who worked with cartels in Mexico.

Oh, ok, thanks. I thought posters on here were talking about the cartels as a separate issue from the Operation Fast and Furious issue which I thought involved possible testimony. I know what Operation Fast and Furious is.

The house data are posted on the Pima County Assessor's website. All of that is publicly available information. 3802 sq. ft. is a LOT, and the house sure doesn't appear to be THAT large (more like ~2400 sq. ft.). I sure would love to read the musings of the other posters on how SC and RC could afford to buy a $435,000 house!

From what I read they last time that house was sold it was sold for 83K, maybe they picked up a foreclosure.

The house listed on the County Website is the wrong house. The information under Celis name is for the house across the street. Look at the details of the house that is listed for Celis, it states it is two stories. The Celis house is only 1 story.

Below is a pictire of the house that is listed under the Celis' property records.

Here is the info for the Celis house:
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5602-E-12th-St_Tucson_AZ_85711_M21045-52912

Or you can go back to the county and put in 5601 E 12th Street, and the info under that person's name is the info for the Celis' house.

In thread #5, we covered this in a lot of detail as another member noticed the descrepancy on the county site.

Now if you look at an exact home at 5601 E Cooper Street. You will see the sq footage is almost the same as the Celis' house.

IMO, the Celis' may have had the den put on, making their squar footage a bit more than at 5601 E Cooper Street.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5601-E-Cooper-St_Tucson_AZ_85711_M25171-10893

Attachments

• House across the street.JPG
    House across the street.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
Did SC's friend Joe state that his girlfriend works at the same place as RC? If so, where can I read this information. TIA

I don't think Joe mentioned his GF in any interviews but not sure. Well, I googled around and found the info. But I don't think I can post it here.

Patty,
Do you think they would of listed the wrong amount for the house sold also? I would be curious to know why this one was sold at 83K and its in a neighborhood for houses that are a lot more costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove