AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I got the business, too, for suggesting such a thing, even with some evidence that had some potential.

I haven't brought it up since. There are only some theories that are acceptable, I guess. :(

I am assuming that it might be because LE is so private about situations that do involve that type of issue so it seems crazy and unheard of to some when the subject is brought up.

LE can't very well ask the public to search in deadly heat.

"Unusually high temperatures for this time of year settled in over Southern Arizona Monday afternoon, contributing to a second death in three days and causing the National Weather Service to issue a heat advisory through early Monday evening for Tucson and the southwestern part of the state.

The high hit 105 degrees, making it one of the earliest days to reach 105 since the late 1800s. Heat advisories are issued when temperatures hit 105 to 115 degrees."

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/des...cle_e440c59a-6da5-55b7-ad28-0328b1157395.html

True, but Isabel disappeared during the second half of April. It was much, much cooler in Tucson back then -- in the high 70s to mid 90s, to be exact:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I don't know if you want a general response or not....but I'll chime in!
by in that car, do you mean use the blanket while in the car?
SC?
RC?
I would assume boys would not have keys?
It's an old car, right?
Was it the same car as the car on RC's DUI?
Maybe they got in the habit of keeping it in the car because as Mark Fuhrman states "she could not drink and drive."

Maybe it was Isa's favorite blanket, but they were trying to wean her from it, so they put it in the car.

Just some guesses, from a poster tired after her long day.

Yes it was a general question to everyone. They would already have DNA.
from family members, so why did they need that blanket? Who used it? etc.

Remember here in AZ 2006 was the peak of the housing market. I am sure the value has dropped by half.

Of course it has -- that has happened across the board in real estate. Current asssessment of that property is about $286,000.

That, however, has NO bearing on the price back when they bought the house. :)

One possibility: They know (or strongly suspect) that she's out of the country.

Huge possibility IMO. This would also explain why there never was very many searches to begin with. Just right at the beginning. IMO LE got information to lead them to believe searching for Isa's body in Tucson is a waste of time. Instead they are searching for evidence and information. We really don't know what is being done in Mexico.

Totally OT, but I have this real issue about attractive "experts"... in whatever field. Give me good old homely Dr. Lawrence Kobilinsky from John Jay (my oldest's alma mater) any day. I am old and bitter. LOL.

I was very partial to Dr. Vass. Still am, actually.

Quite nearly. The Realtor.com link upthread pretty much reflects that. Prices are creeping up here, though. I think I bought at the apex in Jan 2007. Le sigh.

I bought a home in July 2006 and moved out July 2007. Stupidest decision I ever made. Should have never purchased a home during that time. And to think, I thought it was an investment! I'm assuming the Celis family was affected by the housing market too.

Yes it was a general question to everyone. They would already have DNA.
from family members, so why did they need that blanket? Who used it? etc.

It is a very good question. I would also wonder if things were taken out of the cars they are driving.

Huge possibility IMO. This would also explain why there never was very many searches to begin with. Just right at the beginning. IMO LE got information to lead them to believe searching for Isa's body in Tucson is a waste of time. Instead they are searching for evidence and information. We really don't know what is being done in Mexico.

Another possibility is that similar to the Sierra Lamar case, they are hoping their suspect takes them to the body. I think LE knows a lot more than they are letting on. :moo:

Thanks Prof, yes I remember this...but I also remember a video..
Oh there may be one on this link you gave-but I'm not on the computer, just the iTouch and maybe can't see it.

Yeah, the video is on that link when you get to your computer :p

Was that a PAID interview? If so, it could be that NBC was the highest bidder.

Remember that by not talking with media very much, the Celises are creating an "exclusivity" to any statements/interviews that they DO grant. If they are getting paid for interviews, that could translate into more buck$.

There were no 'paid' interviews.

Another possibility is that similar to the Sierra Lamar case, they are hoping their suspect takes them to the body. I think LE knows a lot more than they are letting on. :moo:

I sure hope they know more than they are letting on!
I sure do not hope it's the last part of the first sentence.
Although, the chances for Isa are not that great, I realize.

They definitely know more than the public (of course). I think so too. I don't think anyone will lead them to the body though because that person knows they are being watched. Just like the perp in Sierra LaMar case. IMO they are being very careful. An arrest is coming..I can feel it!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/26/ng.01.html I don't know if this was posted again while you guys were talking about the car.

Lt. Fabian Pacheco with us. Lieutenant, fabric was taken out of that red Acura parked in the driveway. Why?

PACHECO: Well, here`s -- without commenting on what exactly was removed from that vehicle, I want to clear up a couple of things.

GRACE: OK.

PACHECO: And since you already know that that vehicle is not operable, but that`s part of what was included in the overall search warrant. And also to clear up a couple of things. Everything that we`ve done in terms of search of the -- of the home has been done with a search warrant and according to the law.

GRACE: Why did you need search warrants, Lieutenant? Can`t you have gotten consent?

PACHECO: Yes, of course, we can always get consent from people. But in the long run, we don`t want to run the risk of perhaps losing something later on because naturally those consents are always going to be challenged as to the voluntary --

GRACE: Well, of course. But Lt. Pacheco --

PACHECO: -- and the willingness of those consent.

GRACE: The only person that could challenge a search warrant in the Celis home would be a Celis family member.

RICK MOORE, BUSINESS HAS SURVEILLANCE POINTED TOWARD GIRL`S HOME: Thank you, Nancy.

GRACE: Rick, how is it, may I ask, that you have surveillance cameras that are pointing toward the family home?

MOORE: Well, that is quite a coincidence. But what happens is I have a showroom right here in the back alley about 30 yards from the front door of the Celis residence. So because our employees park their vehicles here and of course we want to make sure that nobody breaks into our showroom and our security store, we have cameras in the back and they happened to be pointing right at the alley and right at the Celis family resident street.

The Lt ofcourse wouldn't go into it, but it just sounds to me when I read or hear LE comments they're looking more to the inside. Plus the video tape of Rick Moore that was only about 30 feet from the Celis home. I just feel they saw some things on it.

I can still hope for another desert miracle like the little five year old abducted on Christmas day. This guy was not a RSO, and he was 45 at time. Still LE believed he had done this before for some reason, I don't remember.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=667_1261925691

Andy Hill, Phoenix PD Media Relations, weighed in on this one, too.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/is-surveillance-video-key-to-solving-missing-girl-investigation-/

Rick Moore said his cameras were on the watch the night Isabel disappeared.

"And the cameras that we have located in the back were looking where a lot of things were happening," said Moore.

Moore said he believes these cameras provide more information to police than any other nearby camera because of their location.

"In terms of maybe license plate numbers, cars going by - these cameras also have infrared technology so you can see at nighttime and that will help too, since the abduction occurred between 11 and 8 o'clock," said Moore.

Moore said on Saturday, his general manager spent about five hours with police, showing them surveillance video of the area, and on Monday, they were back again to review video and get a copy of activity from 10 p.m. Friday night to 9 a.m. Saturday morning.

"There was activity going on," he said. "There were vehicles...there were people wandering around. There were things that we saw and we did get recorded so that information we did release to the police."

I'm just putting these again, because some people might come on that's not seen the links and there's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member