AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JQP, I was just thinking about the items taken from the no-go car. IIRC LE placed the blanket in a paper bag. It seemed like they stuffed the blanket in and it barely fit. I thought at the time it probably wasn't evidence as it seems LE would take better care to prevent cross-contamination. Maybe they wanted for fiber analysis? Didn't they also take a carpet sample from the car?

I think there's a video of this somewhere.

ETA:http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/04/25/cops-search-missing-girls-family-car

Question for locals regarding the "no-go car" that was parked in the Celis' driveway: Is it legal to park an inoperable vehicle on private property for a significant period of time? Where I live, a vehicle that doesn't run or is never driven would likely be reported to local authorities by neighbors. If the car is not moved promptly, it would be towed by LE or the county sheriff's department.

Don't know about the rest, but I always have a blanket in my car. *shrug* I think it was an emergency preparedness thing I learned in drivers' Ed, or maybe just from my parents...always have it with you in case you break down in bad weather and have to wait for help. At least I think that was the reason.

Same here. And a poncho, flashlight, a few basic tools, boosters, and water. Never a pillow. I can't imagine how funky a pillow would get in a car/trunk...

Question for locals regarding the "no-go car" that was parked in the Celis' driveway: Is it legal to park an inoperable vehicle on private property for a significant period of time? Where I live, a vehicle that doesn't run or is never driven would likely be reported to local authorities by neighbors. If the car is not moved promptly, it would be towed by LE or the county sheriff's department.

Not sure if it's legal, but it is not uncommon at all. Neighbors might complain if it were an eyesore or homeless were sleeping in it (don't laugh... we had a band of junkies when I worked in a seedy area of Brooklyn. They'd break into the cars to shoot up or crash while we worked. Ewww), but I don't believe it being parked on your own property/driveway is an issue even unregistered.

Here it's fine unless it is not registered.

No, there is no reg on disabled vehicles on private property except where a HOA exists and they put it in thier bylaws... BUT it can cause you registration issues from not paying your annual valorium taxes. We also don't know for sure that the car is disabled other than from what the news reporter said... Which is merely speculation.. like I said earlier.. How can she make a factual statement about the vehicles drivablity?

Found the info. on the former Celis home:

8750 S Desert Valley sold for $83,002 at the Zillow link (not saying that is accurate, I just recalled the $83,000 figure related to their former home)

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8750-S-Desert-Valley-Way-Tucson-AZ-85747/8581930_zpid/

Proof they owned it:

http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/links/frm_History_V2.aspx?parcel=141182800&taxyear=2013&history=0

Wow, they went from a house they sold for 83,000 to one that they bought for more than 400,000?? That's a pretty big jump. IMO.

The other house sold in 2011, but they moved to the one they live in now in 2006?
Were they making payment on both houses.

Looking out my window, I see a 1966 Mustang which has not been registered or plated since I've lived here. The owner is a Sgt. on TPD, so take that FWIW. If course, we're not inside city limit. :)

OK, I just have to jump in here with one teeny weeny correction.

That gentleman being interviewed in the vid is the VP of Tucson Medical Center. He is *NOT* a "coworker" of Becky Celis, who is a pediatric nurse. She is clinical, he is administrative. He is issuing an official statement in that capacity (as VP).

I think people just repeat what others have already posted, and in this case "coworker" is incorrect usage.

Carry on. Over and out.

Yes, thanks. I was using the language of the original post as a reply to cluciano63 who had a question about the original post on page 1.
The post seemed to suggest that a "coworker" was responsible for the telling the media that Isabel slept with her brothers.
Cluciano63 posted:
Originally Posted by cluciano63
A friend said that she usually slept with her brothers??

Since the subject of the original post had been called a coworker and a friend and there was other confusion with the message, I did not want to correct "coworker" at the time. That would have confused the important point.

For me the important point was that the person who worked in the same TMC as RC was not the source for the suggestion that Isa usually slept with her brothers.

Make sense?

No, there is no reg on disabled vehicles on private property except where a HOA exists and they put it in thier bylaws... BUT it can cause you registration issues from not paying your annual valorium taxes. We also don't know for sure that the car is disabled other than from what the news reporter said... Which is merely speculation.. like I said earlier.. How can she make a factual statement about the vehicles drivablity?

I agree, even though somewhere in the linked transcript from Shrieky TH, it stated 'according to TPD'. Again, don't mean it's so (or even that it was said). Salt and pepper.

This! This just kills me!

Why isn't LE asking for all the help they can get in finding Isa's body?????

No way have they already found her, they wouldn't/couldn't sit on that kind of info.

So what could possibly be their reason for not actively searching/asking for searchers for Isa?

This kinda chaps my hiney. :(

One possibility: They know (or strongly suspect) that she's out of the country.

Wow, they went from a house they sold for 83,000 to one that they bought for more than 400,000?? That's a pretty big jump. IMO.

The other house sold in 2011, but they moved to the one they live in now in 2006?
Were they making payment on both houses.

Just another weird snarl. I agree it is a HUGE jump for people with the same jobs. Perhaps they came into a large inheritance or some other influx of cash to facilitate such an upgrade and continue to pay for the other house, too.

jMO

This! This just kills me!

Why isn't LE asking for all the help they can get in finding Isa's body?????

No way have they already found her, they wouldn't/couldn't sit on that kind of info.

So what could possibly be their reason for not actively searching/asking for searchers for Isa?

This kinda chaps my hiney. :(

AZ LE frowns upon getting untrained, non-certified people to aide in searches, it's done in some states but it's not really a good thing to do for so many reasons.. 1. evidence contamination 2. disruption of possible crime scene 3. liability 4. the possibility that your suspect will volunteer thier services which would exclude them from the evidence processing... this goes on but thats the primary reasons.

Ok so WHO do you think would have used the blanket/pillow in that car?

Another Tucsonan, I presume, heard from. Interesting how so many in/around town are leaning this way...

I spent some time looking for a news video that was posted here but can't find it. It was a news show, not HLN, and there was a retired Tucson LE officer who gave his opinion about this case and he said, I think, he thought it could be cartel related.
Does anyone remember this?

Just another weird snarl. I agree it is a HUGE jump for people with the same jobs. Perhaps they came into a large inheritance or some other influx of cash to facilitate such an upgrade and continue to pay for the other house, too.

jMO

In 2006 lenders were loaning money left and right. I sold a house and bought another that year and was so shocked at the ease of getting a loan, with little or no investigation. It worked great for me, but lots of people got in over their heads. That year was crazy in the housing market and the loan industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member