AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya! I hope they already did this early on and as someone said, this is just a follow-up. Of course, I also hope it's a ploy to be in the neighborhood because they feel someone is suspicious and this won't single them out!

The first questionnairre that I remember was much longer than 7 questions. One of our posters posted a link to it that first week. I'll try to find it

Meanwhile, police have reported no major breaks in the case. Detectives are pouring over lead sheets they gave neighbors of the Celis family.

They are eight-page questionnaires asking about any activity around the day 6-year-old Isabel Celis disappeared.

The April 26th article link

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/17735928/special-fbi-unit-completes-search-of-celis-home

Very good point. I know it is much easier to find faults with LE on things, rather than commend them when things go well, but this is a really good point. This document is really good to have created and sent out to people, but my goodness, it sure would have been nice to have created and sent this out in a "TIMELY" fashion. Good grief.

There is a good LE show on that is called "the first 24 hours" or something along those lines, where the show makes a point about the first 24 hours is so critical in investigations. One would think this questionairre idea could have been produced and sent out within the first week of her disappearance. I am both glad and sad to hear about this questionairre. Glad it is done and sent, but sad it wasnt done much much sooner. Again, good grief.

This is the second questionairre. The first one was distributed the first day or two and was much lengthier at 8 pages.

"Meanwhile, police have reported no major breaks in the case. Detectives are pouring over lead sheets they gave neighbors of the Celis family.

They are eight-page questionnaires asking about any activity around the day 6-year-old Isabel Celis disappeared. " April 26

http://www.wtoc11.com/story/17735928/james@tucsonnewsnow.com

I won't go so far as to say this would be impossible, but how would one explain this happening with two older children in the home and even more so, a registered nurse who specializes in pediatric medicine sleeping in the same home? Are you suggesting that Becky allowed this? Or did she turn a blind eye? Or he was super sneaky and Isa didn't tell? I can't figure it out. TIA

I'm not asking for anyone's painful personal experience, just how this could have gone unnoticed in the Celis home.

Have cared for kids who were abused by fathers and step fathers etc., while their mothers were in the next room... JMO

Maybe that wouldn't be so strange if Sergio was the one who put her to
bed in that room himself!

In an earlier thread (hope somebody else remembers this), it was said that
after the baseball game the night before--- Sergio and Isa stayed behind
to "help clean up". That, in its self, sounded strange at the time.

But if true, perhaps Becky and the boys got home, had their showers and
went to bed. Do we know what time Sergio got home with Isa?

Becky does say she braided Isa's hair that night, yet Sergio says she was
tired and went to bed. Who knows, but it could be true that the boys were
already settled down and Isa didn't have a chance to go to their room.

Here is a link and quote concerning that SC stayed afterward to "help clean up" :

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/04/25/little-league-team-holds-vigil-missing-girl

Another coach, George Hanna, told HLN’s Natisha Lance, “I trust Sergio and his wife with my children and I always will.”

Hanna said Isabel and her family were at the ballpark watching a game last Friday night and Sergio stayed afterward to help clean up, which may be why Isabel went to sleep so late.

I read it as that the whole family stayed while SC "help clean up" , but i could be wrong.

I won't go so far as to say this would be impossible, but how would one explain this happening with two older children in the home and even more so, a registered nurse who specializes in pediatric medicine sleeping in the same home? Are you suggesting that Becky allowed this? Or did she turn a blind eye? Or he was super sneaky and Isa didn't tell? I can't figure it out. TIA

I'm not asking for anyone's painful personal experience, just how this could have gone unnoticed in the Celis home.

But sadly, this happens all of the time, either with a completely clueless wife and other children in the home, or with a certain level of complicity/frightened silence on the parts of the other family members.

Not saying that is what happened here, but it's not unheard of.

Maybe that wouldn't be so strange if Sergio was the one who put her to
bed in that room himself!

In an earlier thread (hope somebody else remembers this), it was said that
after the baseball game the night before--- Sergio and Isa stayed behind
to "help clean up". That, in its self, sounded strange at the time.

But if true, perhaps Becky and the boys got home, had their showers and
went to bed. Do we know what time Sergio got home with Isa?

Becky does say she braided Isa's hair that night, yet Sergio says she was
tired and went to bed. Who knows, but it could be true that the boys were
already settled down and Isa didn't have a chance to go to their room.
What I meant was.... the parents would have known if Isabel was sneaking in her brothers room to sleep and if she was, then Sergio would have checked the boys room first - not Isabels room.

What I meant was.... the parents would have known if Isabel was sneaking in her brothers room to sleep and if she was, then Sergio would have checked the boys room first - not Isabels room.

Your point was clear to me, and a very good one. I thank you.

Maybe he checked the boy's room, then Isabel's room?

Am I crazy because I thought they took 2 cars to the game.

My thoughts on the discontinuation of the pressers is that it was expected and nothing relevant to the state of the investigation. Even when LE was having daily pressers, they often asked the reporters how often they would like to meet. If they preferred daily live meetings, or would electronic releases be okay. The media requested live meetings so LE continued but soon the pressers became every other day, then twice weekly. A report on May 6 LE it would be even less frequent.

"The daily press conferences we've been tuning in for each day since Isabel Celis first went missing more than two weeks ago are set to end today. We're told they'll scale them back to two days a week now." tucsonnewsnow.com

While some posters may opine it's an indication that something is about to break, I feel it means nothing new has developed. Just last week I posted how LE has these pressers but don't even say anything. So, sadly, I agree LE has a better way to spend their time than repeating "we can't answer that" over and over.

I guess if one hasn't followed each of Isa's pressers, it may seem a sudden departure. Sadly it's the way most cases run. We hear all sorts of updates in the beginning then they fizzle out to a rare update.

The first questionnairre that I remember was much longer than 7 questions. One of our posters posted a link to it that first week. I'll try to find it

The April 26th article link

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/17735928/special-fbi-unit-completes-search-of-celis-home

Oh, thank you. I totally missed that. Would like to see the questions they asked - I just find it interesting and maybe educational to see what they ask and how the questions are phrased.

Overall, I have to say it seems like they have expended a lot of time and effort on finding Isa. It would be really time consuming to go through all those tips, interview so many RSO's, and such. I'm hopeful that they have and are doing as much as is possible.

I found this interesting at the link:
The FBI is sitting in on every breifing [sic], but Villasenor says its behavorial [sic] analysts will not necessarily interview people they are interested in because their procedures involve more observation and evaluation
The article reminded me that RC/SC seemed to claim LE did not want them to speak to the media - LE makes sure they say that is not so here. I don't know if I think they were encouraged but asked not to talk about specific details or if they are using that.

Another thing about Sierra's case...LE is only now saying that at least one of the prior attacks in the area is linked to the suspect, after earlier saying it was unlikely. So the same thing could happen here. JMO

I slept in my brother's room, on the top bunk, because (as I explained it) I was afraid a "tiger" would get me.

Little kids often don't tell. Adults can easily be sneaky. And other adults can easily not see what they don't want to.

Original information suggested that the Celis home was 3800 square feet. I'm confused about this new floorplan. The footprint is somewhat similar to our house, but the bedrooms are in one wing of the house, while the "living" spaces are center and opposite side.

BetteDavisEyes and Prof,

I did a post yesterday afternoon but I didn't know who to address it to. It is in thread #18 post #1747. I thought the county measurement could possibly be correct since they appeared to be including the garage as living space.

But I went back and tried to calculate square footage (including garage) based on the floor plan we have (with dimensions). I got close to 3000 sq. ft. so it still doesn't explain the size discrepancy. But it does look like the county considers the whole space to be living area, no garage. I've seen that in houses where the garage has been converted into living space.

One other point on my earlier post: When I looked at the "History" page for previous owners of both 5602 and 5601 (to hopefully find the builder), I mistakenly used the name "Wilson" and it should be "William". I don't know what names we are allowed to post here. That trust appears to have been the owner of both properties just before the homes were built.

Original information suggested that the Celis home was 3800 square feet. I'm confused about this new floorplan. The footprint is somewhat similar to our house, but the bedrooms are in one wing of the house, while the "living" spaces are center and opposite side.

I understand the confusion as the County of Pima has it wrong! on their site and it threw a bunch of us for a loop on thread 5...
It is nuts that they have such an error. That 3800 sf floor plan showed two stories, too...the Celis home is one story.

This floorplan that I have linked is not new... it was in the attachments under images/maps on the County Assessor's site.
IMO the large two storys floorplan is actually across the street
Total Livable Area: 3592 Garage Type: None

http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/index.aspx

The home is 3800 sq ft. From the Pima County Assessor website and zillow.com.

Given that there are apparently a lot of stuff that LE does NOT want the Celis family to be discussing then encouraging them to be more forward in their media dealings seems to be rather counterproductive. If I'm a parent and I have been told to keep something under my hat then getting up in front of a bunch of microphones or sitting down with reporters is not something I want to do. Be concerned that I might trip up and spill something that would jeopardize my child's situation even more.

As for keeping the case in front of the public, it is still very much in the front of people in Tucson at least. Pics still all over the place, on office building doors, in the windows of people's cars, on my pizza box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65