AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is just a general knowing that the window was closed. I could tell you for sure that the window in my spare bedroom is closed even thought I haven't been in there for days. If it's open, I'd be shocked.

In normal circumstances I would probably be able to tell you that all our windows are closed even if I'm not even at home... I am working under the assumption that unless I left it open it's closed. But these aren't normal circumstances, they think there's been an intruder and the window was found to be open the next morning. In such a situation he wouldn't be able to tell if an intruder opened it during the night or perhaps earlier during the baseball game to give him access later unless he made some observation of the window earlier.

He could have gone to the backyard later I guess and thought that he'd have noticed if the window had been tampered with.

Old Navy sells little pink shirts with the American Flag on the front. They sell a lot of them and they are very inexpensive. They are very common here in Texas as I'm sure they are in Arizona.

gentle reminder: do not talk about pm-ing each other on the thread... it is a :nono:

Old Navy sells little pink shirts with the American Flag on the front. They sell a lot of them and they are very inexpensive. They are very common here in Texas as I'm sure they are in Arizona.

I think most are looking at it like an old navy shirt and not Old Navy. Glad you pointed that out.

Maybe it is just a general knowing that the window was closed. I could tell you for sure that the window in my spare bedroom is closed even thought I haven't been in there for days. If it's open, I'd be shocked.

look at the second picture:

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/153931355.html

if we extrapolate what would be the wording before and after the screen pic was taken:

'went into her room and kissed her goodnight'
'He replied that it was closed' (the window?)
'told them to hold the noise down so'
'in the living room'

there are words before/after that we can't see. i take this to mean he saw the window shut, in her room, around 11 when she went to bed. i could be wrong.

I was watching abc news this am and they said something about blood being found!

Whats with that?

"UPDATE: What exactly was taken from the home is revealed in the documents, including Isabel's hairbrush and toothbrush. The window where the screen was removed was swabbed for DNA. Also, one of the documents states, "Overall interior views of the residence including views of items of evidence as marked by detectives on scene and overall views of the middle east bedroom including views of apparent blood on the floor."

http://m.wdam.com/autojuice?targetU...ory/18621086/550-pages-released-in-celis-case

Good grief. Is the media already misinterpreting the documents or what? Are we going to start seeing inconsistencies?

This one says:

Police have also collected footprints around several key locations. Exact addresses still not available. What's described as "apparent blood" was also found on the floor of an unspecified residence. Police also checked for semen samples.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/153931355.html

:banghead:

TUCSON - Police have released hundreds of pages of documents in the Isabel Celis case.

They are officers' reports related to the investigation.

Among the revelations:

Becky Celis and Isabel's two older brothers were crying when one officer arrived.

Becky Celis asked police if they had contacted authorities near the border.

Becky Celis reported having a good relationship with her family at home.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-reports-in-isabel-celis-investigation-released/

Good morning. All caught up now, and it wasn't too bad :) H/T to everyone who posted about the doc dumps. Hopefully, there will be additional information coming throughout the day.

Now, I gotta ask: Will the perp/perps get to celebrate the long holiday weekend, or is an arrest imminent?

The shower curtain in the car reminds me of a kreepy, skeery black & white movie that stars Janet Leigh, Anthony Perkins, and Vera Miles.

:eek:

TUCSON (KGUN9- TV) - The search for missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis continues more than a month after her disappearance. Thursday, volunteers moved their headquarters, and got help from Isa's parents Sergio and Rebecca Celis. It's the first time the couple has been seen together publicly since CPS asked Sergio to stay away from his other two children.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/153820525.html

I am not picking at you, but rather the idea in your post. IF these parent(s) are innocent, all I can think is...ALL of this is new. Every bit of it. So, having your child taken from your home, in the dead of night, while you are there...holy hell, that has to shake you up, then, the police investigation and light and powders and dogs and a million strangers in your house and all the media scrutiny and requests and someone tells you that NBC will pay for you and the boys to stay, safely in an undisclosed location and you can talk to their reporter to send out ONE message...and then someone asks if you've been compensated for your "interview"? I can see why they'd say "no". If they HAD a hired attorney/spokesperson/mouthpiece, I would dissect this more. These are media-virgins, answering off-the-cuff, in my opinion.

IMO one of the reasons why they should have hired an attorney in the beginning is so they would know how to handle interviews and appearances (regardless of their guilt or innocence).

JMHO

Good morning everyone!

I have finally caught up.:)

I expected to see some concrete information showing something in the case but it seems what was released that we are aware of is no bombshell.

The thing I did find sugnificant is the dog tracked Isa's scent outside of the home and I believe that is what gave them probable cause to do the SW on the other home. So imo, it wasnt a cadavar dog that hit but a dog that scents out unfamiliar scents.

I am glad to know that the perp did leave fingerprints behind on the window sill but it seems since there has been no arrest it must not have matched anyone they have in CODIS or the family since they voluntarily gave theirs including DNA samples.

As far as the blood found when luminol was used that could be from anyone in the home that had a slight injury during a ballgame or even a nose bleed. Since they took Isa's hairbrush and toothbrush and Becky's DNA LE already has a DNA profile belonging to Isa. These are the same things taken in Sierra's case and done to create a DNA profile on the victim.

I dont think Sergio borrowing money from one of the doctors has anything to do with Isa's case. Sergio worked there everyday and was in very good standing with both employees and his employers. They could have even made an contractural agreement that the monthly payment would be deducted out of his normal paycheck. So imo, that is a red herring and means nothing.

It does show how trustworthy the doctor thought Sergio is to repay the loan though.

I do have to hand it to LE though and they really seem to be working hard on this case.

As far as the things found in the inoperable car it never verifies if they actually found human blood. A presumptive test is not an absolute by any means and there can be false positives. And on a shower curtain if someone was shaving while in the shower then it wouldnt be unusual to find blood on the shower curtain anyway.

I think TPD has done a great job of trying to find Isa but I dont think they are any further along than when they first started on knowing who took her or where Isa may be.

IMO

1. It sounds like the non working car yielded some useful evidence. Blood. Also,IIRC, didn't LE take a mint green colored comforter and pillow from that car ? Can't help but wonder if Isabel was placed in the car ? Did LE ever take cadaver dogs to that car ?

2. There seems to be a little inconsistancy in SC's statements about the last time that he actually saw Isabel ?

3. I could not find anything about the neighbor's report in connection with hearing men in the breezeway at 6 :30 am ? Wonder why that would be left out ?

4. There looks to be only ONE unidentified print on the window frame ? Seems like an intruder would have left many more...

5. SC's employers readily vouched for him. No financial issues.Does not appear to be a substance abuser. Guess that lets out a debt to the "cartel" or drug involvement ?

JMO

Good morning everyone!

I have finally caught up.:)

I expected to see some concrete information showing something in the case but it seems what was released that we are aware of is no bombshell.

The thing I did find sugnificant is the dog tracked Isa's scent outside of the home and I believe that is what gave them probable cause to do the SW on the other home. So imo, it wasnt a cadavar dog that hit but a dog that scents out unfamiliar scents.

I am glad to know that the perp did leave fingerprints behind on the window sill but it seems since there has been no arrest it must not have matched anyone they have in CODIS or the family since they voluntarily gave theirs including DNA samples.

As far as the blood found when luminol was used that could be from anyone in the home that had a slight injury during a ballgame or even a nose bleed. Since they took Isa's hairbrush and toothbrush and Becky's DNA LE already has a DNA profile belonging to Isa. These are the same things taken in Sierra's case and done to create a DNA profile on the victim.

I dont think Sergio borrowing money from one of the doctors has anything to do with Isa's case. Sergio worked there everyday and was in very good standing with both employees and his employers. They could have even made an contractural agreement that the monthly payment would be deducted out of his normal paycheck. So imo, that is a red herring and means nothing.

It does show how trustworthy the doctor thought Sergio is to repay the loan though.

I do have to hand it to LE though and they really seem to be working hard on this case.

As far as the things found in the inoperable car it never verifies if they actually found human blood. A presumptive test is not an absolute by any means and there can be false positives. And on a shower curtain if someone was shaving while in the shower then it wouldnt be unusual to find blood on the shower curtain anyway.

I think TPD has done a great job of trying to find Isa but I dont think they are any further along than when they first started on knowing who took her or where Isa may be.

IMO

Was it many prints on the window frame ? Or was it just one ? TIA...

1. It sounds like the non working car yielded some useful evidence. Blood. Also,IIRC, didn't LE take a mint green colored comforter and pillow from that car ? Can't help but wonder if Isabel was placed in the car ? Did LE ever take cadaver dogs to that car ?

2. There seems to be a little inconsistancy in SC's statements about the last time that he actually saw Isabel ?

3. I could not find anything about the neighbor's report in connection with hearing men in the breezeway at 6 :30 am ? Wonder why that would be left out ?

4. There looks to be only ONE unidentified print on the window frame ? Seems like an intruder would have left many more...

5. SC's employers readily vouched for him. No financial issues.Does not appear to be a substance abuser. Guess that lets out a debt to the "cartel" or drug involvement ?

JMO

1. IMO if number 1 was true, they would have taken the whole car in after discovering that evidence...
2. I don't see how we can tell there are any inconsistencies from what news stations have released..
3. We have not seen the 562 pages of docs yet as far as I know. KOLD promises an upload by this afternoon.

I am not sure we have the answers to to 4 and 5...

As far as I know, we only have what various news stations have felt was important to report out of almost 600 pages of reports.

I am not sure even with all of the reports, that I could draw conclusions about anything that is not there.

What I found interesting on Patty's link this morning:

In another report, an officer details how a set of footprints was discovered on top of a small electrical box at the rear southeast corner of the Celis home. The footprints appeared to be from a "Wolverine brand work boot or similar type shoe."

Three matching boot prints were discovered in the soft sand or dirt about 5 feet south of the electrical box. Crime scene units processed the prints.

K-9 units also discovered possible matching prints on top of a gas meter on the west side of the house.

The gas meter and the electrical box have possibly same footprints on top of both.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...cle_91fee6b2-df37-5c40-bc2a-20e15fe69299.html

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

He said that they have questioned all 540 registered sex offenders in the area around the Celis house, and are now in the process of re-questioning the highest-risk offenders.

I highly doubt the answer to this case is with a RSO but I am floored by the number of known offenders in the area.

As far as I remember, in the presser the 540 was in the Tucson city area.

Was it many prints on the window frame ? Or was it just one ? TIA...

Iirc it was just one but crimes have been solved with just one fingerprint and I hope TPD can find the person the fingerprint matches.

If they can find a suspect and his fingerprint matches the one on the window sill he has a whole lot of explaining to do.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member