AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NMc, service of a warrant? Was their home searched with a warrant, also?

Note to volunteers for a missing child: Never go out alone when searching for a missing child, take someone with you.

Do we have a PDF number and page number for this?
TIA

Little girls clothes are usually all cotton anyway so i dont think it would matter . the short sets are usually just like the P J's

Im curious when the boys last saw her and if they were up later than Mom and Dad!

All cotton is very flammable, unless treated for use in sleepwear. Synthetics are more likely to melt and stick to skin that to ignite, but are still considered "flammable" unless treated.

This is what made me think of it:
Papa Bear Loungeabouts Children's Pajamas Recalled by Retailers
Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard

On February 28, 2012, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioned announced a voluntary recall of Papa Bear Loungeabouts children's pajamas sold at children's clothing and specialty retailers nationwide and online from January 2004 to December 2011. The garments fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injury to children.
http://www.scfirechiefs.com/

On April 21st LE went to the apt of two of RC's brothers, checked it and interviewed three of the brothers and her father in the apt, on E Lakeside Parkway. Two days later her brother RR's truck was taken at night with a search warrant to police evidence. Also on 4 23 they were checking traffic cameras for Isa in a vehicle for as early as 9pm April 20th to 10am April 21st. So it seems like the last time she was seen by anyone other than family was 9pm that night at the ballpark.

I wasn't understanding or putting together that the truck was searched two days later. Wish we had those warrants of course, but wonder what the reason was 'given'...the cameras?? Thanks that is very interesting.

Shelby, thanks, do you remember if you posted about the area when I asked right after the presser? I am trying to find the date of that presser specifically...

Anyone?
LE discussed how they were going to focus on a certain neighborhood to go back through in a presser. Dr. Know? Galiuro? Anita? Pieper?

I added Wilshire that day Prof. They might have said Wilmot but don't hold me to it.

Ladies and gents, your input on page 31 of Packet 5 would be much appreciated! I see that a residence on 12th Street was searched, and they found a shotgun, camcorder, pellet rifle, etc. Was this at the Celis' residence? Your take on the matter?

By the way, I found it IMPOSSIBLE to navigate the packets, but then I just saved them to my desktop. Works like a charm.

No, this was the RSO home.

Little girls clothes are usually all cotton anyway so i dont think it would matter . the short sets are usually just like the P J's

Im curious when the boys last saw her and if they were up later than Mom and Dad!

Mom went to bed first.
Dad tucked Isabel in second, and told the boys to keep the noise down in their room when he went to watch TV. That is as far as we know. Whether Sergio or the boys fell asleep next has not been revealed. It DOES seem strange that Sergio told the boys to keep the noise down when there is a "break" (bathroom/closets) between their room and Isa's, yet he was watching a baseball game "just on the other side of the wall" from where she slept.

All cotton is very flammable, unless treated for use in sleepwear. Synthetics are more likely to melt and stick to skin that to ignite, but are still considered "flammable" unless treated.

This is what made me think of it:

http://www.scfirechiefs.com/

LOL thats true i forgot about that i dont buy P.J's any more

What i was trying to say is their pj's and daily clothes are basically the same lol
but i forgot about the flammable stuff lol

A "latent print" is the chance recording of friction ridges deposited on the surface of an object or a wall. Latent prints are invisible to the naked eye, whereas "patent prints" or "plastic prints" are viewable with the un-aided eye. Latent prints are often fragmentary and require the use of chemical methods, powder, or alternative light sources in order to be made clear. Sometimes an ordinary bright flashlight will make a latent print visible.

When friction ridges come into contact with a surface that will take a print, material that is on the friction ridges such as perspiration, oil, grease, ink or blood, will be transferred to the surface.

Okay, so is this what LE meant by whoever did this did a good job of covering? When they were looking for latent prints, which should be all over a 6 year old's room, they couldn't find any on her toy shelf, books on the toy shelf, mirror on the dresser, nearest window and on the dresser top. All negative results for any prints, almost like it was wiped clean.

Attachments

• latent prints.JPG
    latent prints.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's a "scent sample"? (Taken from Isabel's window). . p. 59, Packet 5?

Foreign scent is my guess.
JUST a guess.

I am not sure this has been discussed. Good find.

In this case I can't imagine who would store anything valuable in such a unit unless it's air conditioned? It is extremely hot in Tucson and wouldn't the CDs be ruined?

:waitasec:

MOO

I have had cd's in m y car for years that work just fine. The heat here is relative. Posters have mentioned the "extreme heat" during those first few days, but most locals think of temps in the 80s and 90s as beautiful weather. I even jog in August when the temps can be well over 110 for many days. We won't melt.

I am not blaming the parents at all (if in course they didn't have anything to with it which I'm not sure I agree with just yet) however, I hope this is a good lesson to lock the windows, doors and have a good alarm system in addition to a dog/dogs. It is a small price to pay. IMO.

Or at least for folks to pay more attention to dogs alerting/barking.

Not blaming anyone either...

JMO

I keep seeing "550 pages released"; yet it seems to be only ~520. Don't ask me why that bothers me. I have no earthly idea. :)

They originally said 562 pages..
Now the PDF pages may be different from the actual hard copies

562 pages of hard copy reports
=
520 PDF?
IDK just a guess..

Page 35 packet 1
reporting officer is Massie
This Man inserted himself into this investigation MOO

I think it started out with him being nosy and asking the officer what was going on in the case. He said he knew the family in order to distinguish himself from the other "Nosy Nellie's" and (he now claims that) when the officer asked what he thought about the girl having run away, he he stated that something sounded wrong about that (a 6 year old running away "successfully"). This officer referred him to the other officer for a follow-up interview.

Thanks! I would *think* that Isabel's scent sample would be from her clothes, hairbrush, etc. Maybe this scent sample was from whoever opened the window??? Since the sample was taken from the window. Odd.

Why odd? they took DNA sample from screen, and fingerprint from sill...now I see they took a scent sample.
They did have a foreign scent dog in the home. I have always thought that is the dog who had a hit. They also had a hit on a house on 13th that shook them enough to break the door down...

JMO

They originally said 562 pages..
Now the PDF pages may be different from the actual hard copies

562 pages of hard copy reports
=
520 PDF?
IDK just a guess..

Could it be a bunch of pages were completely redacted to the point that it was useless to include them? IDK either and I'm guessing, too!!

Arizona allows any law abiding citizen over age 21 to carry a gun openly. No felons, sex offenders or anyone convicted of domestic violence are permitted to do so.

Read more: About Gun Self Defense Rights in Arizona | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4683313_gun-self-defense-rights-arizona.html#ixzz1wCtvJw2R

So you are saying the RSO had a SHOTGUN? Nice.
A new law went into effect in 2010
Starting today, Arizona residents at least 21 years old can carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

The change is part of a broad weapons law by state Sen. Russell Pearce passed by the state Legislature in April that eases restrictions on concealed carry and stiffens penalties for committing a crime while carrying a concealed weapon.

The law is one of many passed by the state Legislature this past session that go into effect today.

Arizona joins Alaska and Vermont as the only states to allow concealed weapons without a permit.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...zona-concealed-weapons-law.html#ixzz1wCuStOqn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela