AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! When was this reported? These were the "minor" incidents in December? Do you have a link to the report? Finally! Some answers. :)

It was reported Tuesday 6/5 evening and Wednesday 6/6 morning. I do not have a link to the report and can't find any information online regarding it. It was not repeated on the 6/6 5 p.m. news. I am contacting the two anchors who reported it, to ask for clarification. (I do NOT recall them specifically saying the police contact was in December, only that they were reporting "previous contact with the Celis home prior to Isabel's disapearance.)

Wow! When was this reported? These were the "minor" incidents in December? Do you have a link to the report? Finally! Some answers. :)

It was reported Tuesday 6/5 evening and Wednesday 6/6 morning. I do not have a link to the report and can't find any information online regarding it. It was not repeated on the 6/6 5 p.m. news. I am contacting the two anchors who reported it, to ask for clarification. (I do NOT recall them specifically saying the police contact was in December, only that they were reporting "previous contact with the Celis home prior to Isabel's disapearance.)

IMO, the LE visit(s) and the CPS visit are separate issues. The CPS visit was last Dec.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in awhile but have been reading along. Mostly I don't have anything constructive to add, but I was reading on Jhessye's thread that they are still searching and it just made me really wonder why there have been so very few searches for Isa? Does anyone living locally have any ideas as to that? Also, does anybody else feel that they should research initial areas or do more intensive searches to the landfills?

I live in TX and I haven't heard one word on local or national news over here about Isa in a few weeks. I have noticed that comments are slowing down and generally there are only around 20-30 people following her thread on the busiest of days. I was really hoping she would be found. It seems like in some of the other cases I have followed there were at least minor mentions on national news sources of sightings - I have never heard of one sighting of Isa whatsoever.

One other thing I found different is that usually when there is an article in a local paper/tv/radio online source there are generally many comments underneath the article from locals, but I NEVER see any for Isa. It's as if no one knew/knows the family or has heard even one word around town about what is going on?

Just something seems very off/too quiet right now about this whole thing. MOO, JMO

how do we know for certain that neither parent has gone back to work? The boys could be spending the days with their grandparents or other relatives while Mom is at work; they could be in summer 'camps'...all kinds of possibilities...

I don't really see how Sergio is so horrible...all the stuff about biggest outpouring since 911, blah blah blah, seems that he is a bit overwhelmed by what has happened to his family in the last month or so. Does not come off to me as playing up some big hoax...just a bit bewildered by it all...

One more thing. This is an honest question, not meant with any snark whatsoever. I was thinking about this voluntary no contact agreement - in your honest opinions from your own experience who here would agree to such a thing?

Personally, I would NOT agree. I mean take me to court and then we will work it out, but I just would not agree to it. Especially since RC said to "bring it on" or similar words. It just does not make any sense to me. Would they automatically take my kids to a foster home while I fought it? I think I might still try to fight it as hard as I could.

One more thing. This is an honest question, not meant with any snark whatsoever. I was thinking about this voluntary no contact agreement - in your honest opinions from your own experience who here would agree to such a thing?

Personally, I would NOT agree. I mean take me to court and then we will work it out, but I just would not agree to it. Especially since RC said to "bring it on" or similar words. It just does not make any sense to me. Would they automatically take my kids to a foster home while I fought it? I think I might still try to fight it as hard as I could.

Me neither ... If I were innocent of any wrong-doing.

I haven't been posting but this for me this is an easy (but unpopular) answer. Knowing my innocence, if I knew the kids were safe with the other parent and the likelihood was fairly high that I felt CYS would play hardball and get an official order or remove them from both of us (with the result being foster homes for the kids), I'd agree in a heartbeat. Why? The stability for my kids (even without me there at that time (given my spouse is stable and secure) would be worth them having one reassuring, loving parent without CYS running the kids in and out of court. If it can't be the way you want it to be, at least choosing the most stable for the children with all circumstances being equal, despite your own pain is often what is best for the children in times of crisis and trauma, IMO.

Of course, I'd have my attorney on it before I signed the agreement.

Disclaimer: all people handle situations differently and what is best for one family will not work in the dynamics of another family. This is only my opinion and subject to change.

If there's a sinister meaning behind these donations, and the parents are just looking to make as much money for themselves as possible, why don't they do the media circuit? They can make more money, and much quicker that way.

But more publicity would mean more scrutiny and IMO that is the LAST thing the Celises want.

how do we know for certain that neither parent has gone back to work? The boys could be spending the days with their grandparents or other relatives while Mom is at work; they could be in summer 'camps'...all kinds of possibilities...

I don't really see how Sergio is so horrible...all the stuff about biggest outpouring since 911, blah blah blah, seems that he is a bit overwhelmed by what has happened to his family in the last month or so. Does not come off to me as playing up some big hoax...just a bit bewildered by it all...

I dont believe this is a hoax by this family. If so, it would behoove them to be all over the media getting more and more attention just like we saw the 'balloon' boy's family do.

I didnt find Sergio horrible. There is nothing in his past history that shows he is a violent or abusive man or prone to doing a hoax and no one said so that were witnesses in the 500 pages of doc dumps either.

This is his daughter so of course he is astounded and overwhelmed by the amount of prayers and support they have received and iirc he said it had come from those all over the world. I believe that. No longer do cases here stay here. The news story goes internationally almost immediately.

imo

Well, anyway, thank you for posting this! It seems it shouldn't have taken so long to get this info out there! Especially since it was something relatively benign.

The gaming chair in the boys room seemed to garner some attention. They took the cushion and luminoled the area. I remember when my son and daughter used to fight ferociously over who was going to play the video game next. They even got into shoving matches sometimes....

That is a hard question to answer when I have absolutely no information about this particular agreement nor do I know the reason behind it or why Sergio agreed it was best for him to be away from his children.

I can only guess and he agreed it was in the best interest of the children and that is why he voluntarily agreed to it.

I do think he took seriously what was best for his boys at this time and it wasnt about him and what he may have wanted but it was about their best interest.

IMO

I would not agree to it, definitely. I would make CPS attempt to prove in court whatever they had against me, I'm definitely not leaving my kids (especially after one has been abducted!) without a fight. Also, they wouldn't go to a foster home. They would go with family first.

According to court records, SC also had an appearance for driving without proof of insurance in 2007 and running a red light in 2011. Both were dismissed, I believe. Those are in addition to the DUI charge in 97 and driving on suspended license/no registration in same year but different occasions, I think.

So really, it isn't as though he is a first time offender.

Then how is the hoax supposed to work then?

imo

Well, they ARE getting donations, anyway, aren't they?

I do not subscribe to the hoax theory, BTW, but given how little we do know and the sketchy (IMO) stuff surrounding the family, I won't say it's impossible.

The gaming chair in the boys room seemed to garner some attention. They took the cushion and luminoled the area. I remember when my son and daughter used to fight ferociously over who was going to play the video game next. They even got into shoving matches sometimes....

I know. When I read that..and their concentration on the footboard -pillow- carpet (add the possibly bedding and dust ruffle found near the ramp or park) and the concentration on kids rooms <modsnip>. And what happens in a family when people are fighting? someone usually intervenes- could have been discipline gone tragically wrong <modsnip>. :-(

:bigfight:

Maybe the aunt straightened up the furniture too! Nice of her!

Yes, excellent point... and Sergio did say that the boys were up playing video games after everyone else (presumably) went to sleep... Very interesting post, IMO

JMO

I've thought about this, because I have gone back and forth thinking she is dead at the hands of someone in the home. Never a stranger, though.

But I am settling on the hoax theory based mostly on the actions of the parents and the cues from LE at this point in time. So, if I accept that as my theory, then I've got to assume that the apparent blood was, in fact not blood. We haven't seen the results. So that's where I'm leaving it now.

lark,

I agree with your hoax theory. I do think it's possible that Isa could have been taken after the ballgame. That would make it impossible for LE to find evidence of her being removed from the Celis home. Also, it would give many more hours to get farther from Tucson before the abduction was reported. (And explain many inconsistencies in the timeline, what Isa was wearing, etc.)

As far as the blood evidence is concerned, we have only been told about apparent blood, red-brown stains, etc. I've always thought LE kept all evidence that was actually important to their case sealed. Releasing apparent blood, lack of latent prints, rumors of loans, etc. all helps to create more doubt about a stranger abduction, and therefore more pressure on the parents.

And the lack of current media appearances IMO does not mean this wasn't a planned hoax. The family wouldn't expect things to go wrong and to be faced with this scrutiny. In the radio interview, IMO they definitely appear to be gearing up for their fundraising campaign. I think the plan fell apart after CPS, 911 tape, not being eliminated by LE, and the doc dump.

I've always thought that LE knows what did NOT happen (the Celis account of the abduction). But it's much more difficult to learn exactly what did happen and to find Isa.

I am teeter tottering between hoax for financial gain and cover up of an accident in the home. I just don't know. I wish we had some answers. Where are you Isabel?

Could be both at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member