AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they give the name of the park where the brother's game was the night before?

The parks/ponds searched so far are:

Lakeside Park
Reid Park
Kennedy Park
Columbus Park

If LE comes out and says John Doe passed the polygraph with flying colors only to find out later that John Doe is the bad guy, it gives the defense attorney some wiggle room.

Polygraphs are only a tool, not a definitive agent.

I also very much think they don't want to show their hand one way or the other. Either the family did it or an intruder did.

To say they passed could mean Isabel's abductor would panic and realize they're onto him vs still considering the family. To say they failed would possibly decrease the parents' cooperation and would also tell them LE is onto them. I can imagine everything works better in an investigation if the POI doesn't know for sure they're the POI.

300 tips since the case broke? That seems kind of low, especially in comparison to other high-profile cases.

The nearest wash runs along the east side of the park directly south of Celis home. It then angles off to the northwest and dives under Craycroft into a very long tunnel; cuts diagonally under the business park on the other side of Craycroft, all still underground, a tunnel...goes under Bway and finally reemerges at the dead end of Beverly just past the Target...you could hide all manner of stuff in that long black hole...

I was showering when LE mentioned something about "Isa not running away", does anyone know what was actually stated?

Well, that was interesting. Sounded to me like the family took LTD, but he couldn't confirm it (but wanted to give the public that impression).

They sure are concentrating on the parks. Wonder what the tip was that led them to Lakeside park.

Won't discuss the possible "point of entry". Just that the screen was out. Wouldn't say whether anything was found by LE at the window.

Saying it would help for the parents to speak with the media, it's their choice. They don't tell them what to do when it comes to that.

Yes, and asking for video from the park that night. Either they are looking for her, or they are looking to see if a potential suspect was there.

I'm pretty sure he said "her with her family" which can mean something else entirely?

http://www.kpho.com/story/17719756/little-league-holds-vigil-for-missing-tucson-girl

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5) -
Friends and several members of the community gathered at Freedom Park in Tucson Tuesday evening to hold a vigil for 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

Isabel would have been playing alongside her little league teammates Tuesday evening. But instead of celebrating the game with a cheer, the Little Diamondbacks shared a moment of silence and wore Isabel's jersey, number four.

Does anyone know if they were at Freedom Park on the 20th?

I was showering when LE mentioned something about "Isa not running away", does anyone know what was actually stated?

Can't remember exactly but I think it was something along the lines of they know that is not what happened.

I may have missed this information, but was Isa's uncle at her brother's game that Friday night? If so, was he seated with her family?

TIA.

I'm pretty sure he said "her with her family" which can mean something else entirely?

I thought I read earlier that it was confirmed she was with her family the night before, but maybe that isn't so.

They're looking for videos that may contain her, her family, her with her family, potential suspects, etc.

Any new news?

I've seen a lot of talk about the parents and their presser and whether they are acting or not. Let me say this, and although it's not the same situation, it's why I don't put stock in whether someone cries or doesn't cry or is too strong or not strong enough in front of the cameras.

When my son was born, he had an intestinal malrotation, and the muscle at the top of his stomach was frozen open. At 15 hours he was going to surgery with a 50/50 shot that he would come back out. I didn't shed a tear until he was done and safe. And I cry at Hallmark commercials. I had to be strong, and if I cried that was a sign of weakness, and if I showed weakness, I was sure that God would decide I wasn't gutsy enough to raise that baby, and He would take him back. I asked questions, I signed paperwork, and I hugged all the family as they arrived, but I did not cry.

My fiance, on the other hand, who has never cried, not once, as an adult, and definitely never in public, lost his mind. Had to be held up and supported by his family into the ER waiting room. Many people would have thought he was acting if a camera had been on him at the time.

SOmetimes when the chips come down, people react differently than what the public expects, even different from what they themselves expect. In Isa's parents, I saw two people that were both scared to death, didn't want to be in front of those cameras, didn't want to be saying the things they were saying, but were doing it anyway, and not caring about their reactions...They were in front of those cameras for ISa, not for any of us. I don't hink they were involved, but I think they may feel some guilt, because by now, LE has grilled them about every person that has come in contact with Isa since the day she was born, and they have come to the realization that they might have brought the person responsible into contact with Isa in the first place. Who wouldn't feel guilty?

I agree that people react differently in these situations, especially in front of cameras, but when people look like they are crying, which both parents looked to be doing/trying to do in their press conference, I find it strange when I don't see tears anywhere on their face. Not any kind of evidence of guilt or involvement, but just hinky to me, is all. I wouldn't ever fully suspect anyone without solid evidence of their being involved.

On the other hand, sometimes you see a parent bawling their eyes out, a la Lisa Irwin's mother, and I thought she was just crying for herself and is very much responsible for Lisa's disappearance, so it can go both ways from my perspective.

The feeling this presser is giving me is that LE unfortunately doesn't know much more than they did on Day 1. JMO

I got the opposite feeling. I think they have a direction they're going in, but still need to find Isabel.

If LE comes out and says John Doe passed the polygraph with flying colors only to find out later that John Doe is the bad guy, it gives the defense attorney some wiggle room.

Polygraphs are only a tool, not a definitive agent.

Ah yes, but we also know that these things will get "leaked" if LE wants them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78