AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So why wouldn't they have reported her missing from the park?

If a family member is responsible for what happened to her, why would they call the police to the scene of the crime?

Hmmm. Maybe someone did not "pass" but has not been told that? If LE announces it at a PC, they will hear it. If they knew, their cooperative attitude might change to hostility.

That's possible, but they wouldn't even say IF anyone has taken one let alone passed/failed one.

Since Dad was a coach, it makes me think they took two cars. Coaches have to get there early and are the last to leave. When My DH coached I always came later with our daughter. And we left before he did too. I am going to speculate they had two cars that night. But it is weird that they will not say who put Isa to bed. Since it was 11 pm, then maybe she came home with Dad.

I coached for 10 years . And yes we always had two cars at the park . I would have to show up early to setup the field and warmup the kids. And would stay late to make sure all my kids were picked up before I would leave. My wife when my son was Isabel age would take him home right after the game.

On a side note her older brother if 14 would be playing Juniors. The age for Seniors is 15-18 of course many kids that age will play high school ball. Little league does not allow HS ball players to play unlike Pony or PAL leagues that do allow them.

After talking to some folks I know, it seems the police have nothing to go on yet, this is really a terrible case, there is just nothing there at all for the police to work with to solve this, I suspect within the next few days they may close up shop and just put a few detectives on the case but there is no way they can continue this large scale effort much longer without any real evidence to work with.

I mean can we even say with all certainty that Isa was at freedom park friday night? Maybe they left her home with uncle if he was staying there, maybe something happened, maybe he is lying to them but they feel guilty for leaving her with him, the possibilities are endless. Maybe they did take two cars, Isa wanted to stay with her dad, her mom said okay, her dad forgot her, or didn't notice someone taking her, neither of them want to seem like bad parents or seem at fault. So mom says to dad, I told you she was staying with you there, dad says no you didnt, she went home with you, mom was in bed by the time dad got home and dad didn't check on her, assumed she was asleep, mom assumed she was asleep. Now they both feel like crap about it.

Could be why LE is asking for any video pictures from freedom park, not because they are looking for someone watching her but they want to confirm she was there at all. We could do this all day with different scenarios.

I coached for 10 years . And yes we always had two cars at the park . I would have to show up early to setup the field and warmup the kids. And would stay late to make sure all my kids were picked up before I would leave. My wife when my son was Isabel age would take him home right after the game.

On a side note her older brother if 14 would be playing Juniors. The age for Seniors is 15-18 of course many kids that age will play high school ball. Little league does not allow HS ball players to play unlike Pony or PAL leagues that do allow them.

I played in that same league at Freedom park in the early 80s, Old Pueblo Little League, you strangely have the same initials as my old coach. =)

:what:
After talking to some folks I know, it seems the police have nothing to go on yet, this is really a terrible case, there is just nothing there at all for the police to work with to solve this, I suspect within the next few days they may close up shop and just put a few detectives on the case but there is no way they can continue this large scale effort much longer without any real evidence to work with.

Wonder if this means that there are no unidentified fingerprints on the window screen ? MOO

I mean can we even say with all certainty that Isa was at freedom park friday night? Maybe they left her home with uncle if he was staying there, maybe something happened, maybe he is lying to them but they feel guilty for leaving her with him, the possibilities are endless.

My understanding is that there are several witnesses who saw Isa-bel at Freedom Park that night.

Thanks was not enough! After All of our attempts to figure out the league/team to find out the park they were at, and now they finally put it in an article :crazy:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I agree that they probably do not know...but they are not being very supportive of the parents, IMO...they keep repeating how they never, not once, told them not to talk to media, how everyone, including the parents, are POI's, that the window is not necessarily an entry point, etc...just nothing really on behalf of the parents. Whether for good reason or no, I get the impression they don't believe the parents...JMO

Good post! But I think they have a short list of people very close to Isabelle that they are looking at, for all reasons you stated and more...

• Dogs get a hit in the house
  • Family initially stays silent - no plea, etc. - even though LE never told them to avoid media
  • LE gets another search warrant
  • Dogs barking in a confined area at 6:30 a.m., heard by neighbor, along with men's voices
  • LE checking landfill after learning garbage was picked at home that morning
  • Small window makes it seem unlikely that this was the point of entry/exit
  • Police expliclity stating over and over that everyone remains a person of interest, even one week later (includes parents)
  • Uncle on scene at once, querying neighbor about what she saw (even if the query began with "Have you seen Isabelle?...")

MOO.

AND....
It explains no jammies for last clothes seen in

Mom may have thought Dad put Isa to bed...Dad thought Isa was already in bed when he came home, tired.

Isa wasn't home that night at all!

Parents feel guilty as He77!

May feel they will be arrested for negligence, on top of all the other stuff regarding abduction.

Or... maybe they DID tell the police, but the police do not want to let the public know.

And :moo::moo::moo:

This theory seems a little out there to me - if I realized I left my daughter at the park, the FIRST thing I would do would be to drive back there to check. I wouldn't have been checking around the house, etc.

Maybe Isa wasn't in pj's because she fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Just a scenario!

:what:

Wonder if this means that there are no unidentified fingerprints on the window screen ? MOO

Well to be fair I dont know anyone who would have that sort of information, I am sure they have some forensic stuff they are processing but from what I am hearing none of it is really getting them any closer to solving the case.

I mean can we even say with all certainty that Isa was at freedom park friday night? Maybe they left her home with uncle if he was staying there, maybe something happened, maybe he is lying to them but they feel guilty for leaving her with him, the possibilities are endless.

I think there was at at least one witness who has come forward to say that Isabel was in the stands with her family during the game. But I am not sure they know what time she left or with whom.

If anyone could link me to an article or interview or anything else where someone saw her at the park Friday night, I would so very much appreciate it, then I can quit considering that :p

I'm not sure who you were talking to, but I doubt LE is going to give up on Isabel that easy after only a week. Was it someone in LE? Of course searches are always scaled back when they run out of places to look.

I played in that same league at Freedom park in the early 80s, Old Pueblo Little League, you strangely have the same initials as my old coach. =)

Not me been in Calif the whole time.

I wonder why Freedom Park wasn't included in the parks searched list during the presser.

The four parks were searched because of one tip on one park. The other three parks were included in the search last night, because according to TPD they are similar to the one park they received a tip on. We might deduce that because all four have lakes, along with being similary in size, that the tip had something to do with a lake in park.

I would hope that LE searched Freedom Park on Saturday, since that was the last place Isa was spotted by anyone other than family.

Also maybe the reason they didn't report her missing from the park is because neither of them knew she was missing until the next morning, and didn't want to be charged with negligence or risk the other kids being taken away. Each parent thought the other had her.

I wonder why Freedom Park wasn't included in the parks searched list during the presser.
I believe a poster suggested that Freedom Park may have already been searched because that was the park the family was at on the night of the disappearance.

And.. I think it is interesting that someone posted that there are bodies of water at the other parks being searched!

Unfortunately... bodies ARE often disposed of in bodies of water.

JMO and :moo::moo::moo:

I'm not sure who you were talking to, but I doubt LE is going to give up on Isabel that easy after only a week. Was it someone in LE? Of course searches are always scaled back when they run out of places to look.

No I didnt say they would give up, I said they will likely have to scale this way back before long if they dont start finding more evidence to lead them somewhere, but they will continue the search for sure.

I dont see them continuing the PC every 4 hours and maintaining the mid town command center much longer, that stuff is costing them a lot of money and the city is generally broke. Of course money isnt an object when it comes to a missing child, at some point some tough decisions are going to have to be made wrt to scaling this back if they dont find something soon to lead them to some answers.

I certainly hope they do find something soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member