Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is I feel so so sorry for her parents. If you can't have your children safe in their own home, where else? I used to leave windows open in my children's bedrooms when they were little. I know we had screens but that's no protection. It takes a lot of guts to do what he did and they had a dog too!

Prayers going out to Isa’s family & loved ones. At last they can put a face to the devil that took their precious daughters life. Glad he’s been locked up for a while. He won’t be going anywhere anytime soon! Rot in jail you sicko..

Isabel-Celis-found-dead.jpg

Sweet Isabel was only 6 years old.....

• April 20, 2012: 11 p.m., Isabel Mercedes Celis went to bed in her bedroom.

• April 21, 2012: Around 8 a.m., family members call 911 after they discover Isabel is not in the house.

• June 3, 2014: Maribel Gonzales leaves home to walk and visit a friend.

• June 4, 2014: Gonzales reporting missing by her family after she fails to come home.
Man indicted in deaths of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales

Both of their remains were discovered near North Trico and West Avra Valley roads in rural Pima.

I hope investigators look into Adrienne Salinas whose remains were found in Apache Junction. Adrienne went missing from Tempe, Arizona on June 15, 2013. Her remains were found in a desert wash basin about 84 miles away from where Isabel and Maribel were found. I noticed that 'Brawley Wash' is in the area where Isabel and Maribel were found. Are washes common in Arizona?

Private investigator reacts to murder indictment

"We just couldn't connect the dots because we really didn't have leads on anyone individual in that particular area," Kelly Snyder Founder of Find Me said.

Since Clements arrest News 4 Tucson investigators uncovered that he had several Tucson addresses, including at an apartment complex, about two miles from the Celis home. Those addresses found through legal documents, between 2007 and 2012. [...]

"The girls went missing literally about a mile and a half apart. And we were also aware that the bodies were discovered within a quarter mile of each other also approximately 36 miles from where they were both abducted,"Snyder said.
[....]

Snyder believes the families will finally get justice. Christopher Clements is arraigned on September 24th in Superior Court. bbm

• April 20, 2012: 11 p.m., Isabel Mercedes Celis went to bed in her bedroom.

• April 21, 2012: Around 8 a.m., family members call 911 after they discover Isabel is not in the house.

• June 3, 2014: Maribel Gonzales leaves home to walk and visit a friend.

• June 4, 2014: Gonzales reporting missing by her family after she fails to come home.
Man indicted in deaths of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales

Both of their remains were discovered near North Trico and West Avra Valley roads in rural Pima.

I hope investigators look into Adrienne Salinas whose remains were found in Apache Junction. Adrienne went missing from Tempe, Arizona on June 15, 2013. Her remains were found in a desert wash basin about 84 miles away from where Isabel and Maribel were found. I noticed that 'Brawley Wash' is in the area where Isabel and Maribel were found. Are washes common in Arizona?
There are quite a few. My daughter and were looking at one in our neighborhood just this morning. Brawley is one of the larger ones I believe. Starts in the Sierrita Mtns/Altar Valley area about 65 miles from the Avra Valley area. Washes are also known as creeks. Most times they have no water, except during monsoon then they can fill up fast.

I noticed that 'Brawley Wash' is in the area where Isabel and Maribel were found. Are washes common in Arizona?

Many. A wash is a common feature of the US desert. When it rains hard, the desert is unable to absorb the water, and it rushes down a "wash", a gouge in the ground made by rushing water. Most of the time, they are dry.

If you want good murder reads that frequently picture SW desert landscape (NM), read JA Jance's Joanna Brady novels. But start with the first, as they have a continuing back story. Actually, these books may be very informative for this case. Besides, they're very well written.

Pima County Attorney addresses charges in Isabel Celis, Maribel Gonzales murders

Sep 15, 2018

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got on and saw this news. I'm truly speechless. I've followed Isa's case since the day she went missing and think about her more than any other case I've ever followed.<modsnipped >I'm shocked and terrified that it was a stranger all along.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment since we now have an arrest>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members