Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not understand why Bella didn't have pants on when she was found. One would assume that she was sexually abused but there is no charge in that in JJR's indictment so my question is WHY did she not have anything on? I know that there other ways he could have done it but wouldn't his DNA be on there? I don't understand why he killed this little girl. It's terrible.

I wonder about this too...

I can't help but wonder if there were signs of previous molestation... And the coroner was not able to differentiate between the multiple assaults....

Just... MOO...

I have to say, I am at a loss to what intervention can help parents like Tania. The state can demand they go to parenting classes, but you cannot demand they believe what they learn in the parenting classes. I do not believe people that have not had good examples set for them by their own parents are destined to fail and repeat, but they are at a higher risk (especially if they have no desire to better themselves).

Cherish Periwinkle's mom is the same and no amount of parenting classes will make these women fit to parent. You can't teach common sense or maternal instinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cherish Periwinkle's mom is the same and no amount of parenting classes will make these women fit to parent. You can't teach common sense or maternal instinct.

It really is infuriating, isn't it?!

It really is infuriating, isn't it?!

Disheartening and sooooo sad. It frightens me that this is so prevalent in society now. These babies will soon be having babies of their own, I fear we as a society are losing control. I know, I am a "Debbie Downer" today. Sorry.

There are just so many factors that have to be aligned to make improvements. The substance abusers need to be identified. Their parenting needs to be assessed. The substance abuse must be addressed. There needs to be supervision and education if the parenting is found lacking, or removal of the children if it's bad enough. There must be enough safe homes for these children to be placed in, and enough treatment and education options for the addict. Beyond this, there MUST be consequences if the first attempts are unsuccessful. Don't let these kids be left in homes where their parents are not being responsible. If they lose their kids once, get them back, and then screw up again that should be IT. No more chances to hurt the kids! Supervised visits if the parents are capable of following some rules but don't let them go back. And, the authorities involved should be held accountable if they decide to return children and they end up hurt or dead (Powell boys for example!).

Sadly, there are some who truly are beyond help. If that's how they want to live, fine...just get the kids to safety. I am so scared of what's going to happen to Bella's sister. She is so vulnerable to becoming an addict herself, having severe depression or even suicidal thoughts because she feels like she should have saved Bella and had to give LE info that potentially incriminate her own mother. She hasn't had her own father's influence and her mom's boyfriend is a criminal. I pray the girls haven't been sexually abused but I've seen some photos in which the girls appear older than they are, making them even more vulnerable to predators.

As I mentioned, I work in substance abuse treatment. I am going to compile a notebook with photos and info on kids who die because of their parents' poor choices due to substance abuse, and make it available to every client I see. If any of you know of specific cases off the top of your head, will you message me with the info?

BBM I like this idea. WE see and hear these cases every day, because we pay attention. These mothers don't see because they don't look. Maybe if real cases are pointed out and the finger isn't pointed directly at them they can see the poor choices for what they are. IDK JMO

Disheartening and sooooo sad. It frightens me that this is so prevalent in society now. These babies will soon be having babies of their own, I fear we as a society are losing control. I know, I am a "Debbie Downer" today. Sorry.

No need to apologize! I am not sure how much more I can take of children being let down by people who are supposed to love them. Locally, we have lost 2 children (that I am aware of) in the last few months because of parents neglect. One was beaten by a boyfriend and another left in a vehicle on a very hot day because the foster dad found his pot to be more important than remembering the baby in the car. I am just so done with all of this nonsense!

You're a "Rita Realist" :( We are all sick of it and I wish I could go back to before WS days when I had no idea this happens literally every day to some baby :( Ignorance is bliss and some days I long for that bliss !

You're a "Rita Realist" :( We are all sick of it and I wish I could go back to before WS days when I had no idea this happens literally every day to some baby :( Ignorance is bliss and some days I long for that bliss !

I second that motion!!

I 3rd it! The last 2 weeks especially has worn me out, too many tears for too many lost babies :(

Then PASSED!

I have been thinking the same thing. What I would give to snuggle a little one like Bella.

I take long breaks from here....often....but I come back because I feel guilt for ignoring that all of this exists. I think we owe these little angels something, an acknowledgment of their existence, I guess.

I take long breaks from here....often....but I come back because I feel guilt for ignoring that all of this exists. I think we owe these little angels something, an acknowledgment of their existence, I guess.

I do the same. I can't stay here all the time and stay sane. I feel horrible for saying "I can't do this" and walking away when these sweet children weren't given that option but I do it anyway. It's cowardly but necessary.

This thread has gone quiet quickly.

That usually happens after a body has been found and someone is arrested. I hate it. I know we need to focus on new cases but it feels like all your friends got up from the table and joined newer tables.

Yeah things slow down a lot because now it is a waiting game. The suspect has a court date on September 19th, maybe something new will come up? I am usually a patient person but in these cases I just want swift justice. If only!

That usually happens after a body has been found and someone is arrested. I hate it. I know we need to focus on new cases but it feels like all your friends got up from the table and joined newer tables.

Yeah things slow down a lot because now it is a waiting game. The suspect has a court date on September 19th, maybe something new will come up? I am usually a patient person but in these cases I just want swift justice. If only!

Exactly, yes I feel the same!!

Yes this is the frustration when there seems to be no MSM to dissect......or new ''clues'' to examine.

I still am confused as to why a *Federal* public defender was assigned to handle JJR's case. One wonders, with all of the extraneous chatter found on the "Internets" .. is there or are there 'informants'? State's evidence? Against who? Expect bombshell after the 19th?

I still am confused as to why a *Federal* public defender was assigned to handle JJR's case. One wonders, with all of the extraneous chatter found on the "Internets" .. is there or are there 'informants'? State's evidence? Against who? Expect bombshell after the 19th?

if it involves two states....
BHC is on AZ side of the river but maybe there was an involvement with Laughlin (NV) too that we don't know about?? or

murder that involves kidnapping (federal)

http://judiciallearningcenter.org/state-courts-vs-federal-courts/

under types of federal cases:
''◦A crime that is a violation of federal law, such as bank robbery, drug cases, guns, or kidnapping.''

I'm still here too, was here from the start and will be to the end.
I keep checking in to see if there's been any new developments.( well arrests really), I was reading the bhc Bella Facebook page, but I had to stop, the bickering and name calling took over.
Guess we just have to wait till the next court appearance to see if we learn anything more.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3