Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had no idea they wouldn't let the kids learn to swim. That just makes me dislike the leaders of those groups even more........another thing I didn't know was possible.

Me too. I want to scream "Anything ELSE?!!"

If he didnt know how to swim then I doubt he went into a pond or a lake to take a lap. So what happened? Maybe he was just trying to get a drink?

If he didnt know how to swim then I doubt he went into a pond or a lake to take a lap. So what happened? Maybe he was just trying to get a drink?

Often the edges of these ponds are muddy/mucky with sinking-type sand. We just got home from camping yesterday and the watering hole lakes were all like that. My boys were trying to catch tadpoles and frogs but couldn't step even a step into the water before sinking.

Little Jerold could have tried to get a drink and stepped into the water and got stuck and then fell?

I really hoped there was going to be a different outcome for this sweet boy. He is the same age as my youngest son and it breaks my heart to think about.

I don't think it's been said that they LIVED at the campground.

I try not to read too much into scraps, bruises, etc. on kids unless there is some other reason to speculate on it. Most kids I know are fairly prone to those sorts of things.

I usually would agree with you.but this.little man is dead.
Kids hurt themselves.all the time yes. Esp at that age.

From listening last night I thought he was found
Very close from where he was last.

I don't remember if they had any water searches at all.

IIRC the night of the day he went missing there was severe weather with flash flooding and wash outs. I am not local so I could be wrong but if that is the case weather could be responsible.
Regardless this is heartbreaking...my youngest will be 5 in two months. I cant imagine loosing a child under any circumstances. Praying for his family and community.

we went camping last weekend and my 2 year old (who never left my sight) is really scratched up from falling and running into things. he never cried once.

I don't think it's been said that they LIVED at the campground.

I try not to read too much into scraps, bruises, etc. on kids unless there is some other reason to speculate on it. Most kids I know are fairly prone to those sorts of things.

JMO. I guess that I am among very few who find this story VERY fishy. Only the child was a considerable distance from the camp? And he was chasing grasshoppers? And with nothing else to distract her, she lost sight of the child? And her voice did not carry and neither did the child's? A reasonable explanation could be that he was bitten by a snake, or spider or scorpion, if they are at that elevation, but I keep wondering if he was taken away from the group to be disciplined. And not necessarily by the mother. Just my opinion.

You are not alone.

Me too. I want to scream "Anything ELSE?!!"

Lots more. I have been reading. Also, take a google streets drive thru Colorado City. I took Homestead St. Usually you see a few people or dogs out and about. All I saw was dormer houses and fences. No people. OT, really, but interesting. JMO

I share the frustration that others have posted. Why would they wait until Wednesday to send the body to the ME?

I share the frustration that others have posted. Why would they wait until Wednesday to send the body to the ME?

I don't know but I'm sure that a family member has ID'd him by now. They are investigating his death, so maybe they want to interview everyone or give them a chance to go home and make plans? Or else, just a back up at the ME office. JMO

"A body believed to be that of Jerold Joseph Williams is going to be sent to a medical examiner's office Wednesday so investigators can check dental records and fingerprints for a definitive identification."

Officials try to find cause of death for 5-year-old Arizona boy who went missing from campsite

Why are they waiting until Wednesday????
So the mother wasn't able to positively ID him? So now they need to check dental records and fingerprints? Most children don't have fingerprints on file, do they? Do the authorities not believe the parents that this kid is 'Jerold Williams? Was he unrecognizable? I think this is weird in addition to waiting until Wed. Maybe the community/family wanted him sent to a ME in their community? Have the parents names been mentioned yet?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So the mother wasn't able to positively ID him? So now they need to check dental records and fingerprints? Most children don't have fingerprints on file, do they? Do the authorities not believe the parents that this kid is 'Jerold Williams? Was he unrecognizable? I think this is weird in addition to waiting until Wed. Maybe the community/family wanted him sent to a ME in their community? Have the parents names been mentioned yet?

Wouldn't he have his long sleeved buttoned up shirt on still? I would think his clothing, boots and hair would identify him pretty conclusively?

BBM - can the family do that? Request a certain ME?

Wouldn't he have his long sleeved buttoned up shirt on still? I would think his clothing, boots and hair would identify him pretty conclusively?
I would think so too. Is it just standard operating procedure to obtain dental records and fingerprints? I'm not so sure.

BBM - can the family do that? Request a certain ME?
I have no idea, but I believe one can object to autopsy. I'm not sure what the views are in the FLDS church.

Religious objections to autopsy occur in both medicolegal- and hospital (clinical)-based autopsies. For clinical autopsies the purpose is generally to investigate the cause of death and extent of natural disease, and consent must be granted by the next-of-kin in order for an autopsy to occur. When permission for an autopsy is declined for any reason, including religious objections, the autopsy is not done.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1705993-overview#a1

I found a blog that describes the views of death among the FLDS. I don't know it they all believe this or not.

Death Among the FLDS

These communities also bury their own dead (and at least one has its own crematorium), which opens the way to record-keeping anomalies with death certificates -- and ensures that no questions will ever be asked, and no autopsies will ever be performed. Given the genetic instability and volatile control issues within this group, it may not be wise for them to have the means to dispose of dead bodies without official oversight. We need to be asking questions about who's in their cemeteries and crematoria, how they got there, and what kinds of records are being kept.

How terribly sad. Not the outcome anyone wanted.

As far as the ME goes, the body is in the jurisdiction of the state/county in which it was found, they aren't going to give it up before they have conducted an examination in the proper jurisdiction. No matter the religious affiliation of the family, the local government has control over the body and an interest in determining the identity and cause of death.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back