Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to other maps I have found I think this is the location. FR 240 is not marked on google maps but it is on other maps. I think it either starts at the fork I have marked or possibly at the fork you come to if you follow that road north to where it meets up with the marked 241.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/36....,-112.1120416,3669m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

edit - Not the exact location they found him, I think that is the junction of 240 and 241 they mention

I've seen FLDS mentioned in msm, social media and here. Everything I've read re FLDS was speculation. Has it been verified that this group are actually FLDS members, or is this still speculation? TIA!

Jacob Lake, Arizona –The body of missing 5 year old Jerold Joseph Williams was found on August 10, 2015 around 4:30 pm by a group of volunteer searchers from Colorado City. The group was driving along Forest Service Road 240 when some boys who were in the back of the pickup saw the body of Jerold on the ground around 15-20 feet off the road. Jerold’s body was found approximately 3.7 miles point-to-point from the place Jerold was last seen. However, by road it was approximately 8.6 miles from the place he was last seen. Because Jerold was found close to the road and the road would have been a natural walking area for him compared to the very thick brush, it is believed that Jerold probably found his way to Forest Road 240 and followed it to Forest Road 241 in the direction away from the camp site and may have walked off into the forest to lay down to rest. He was found fully clothed with no obvious external injuries, and there is was no evidence of foul play indicated at the scene. The weather had turned inclement early during the time he was missing. An autopsy was performed today and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office preliminary findings appear to be accidental death due to environmental exposure. Based on the environmental conditions Jerold was exposed to it is unlikely he survived the first night.

BBM

-Official searchers there and he was found by volunteer searchers from his community

-which environmental conditions made it unlikely he survived the first night?

This doesn't seem right to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

A terrible tragedy I'm so sorry this case had this outcome. Thanks to all of you for your dedication to Jerold.

R.I.P Jerold Joseph Williams

Jacob Lake, Arizona –The body of missing 5 year old Jerold Joseph Williams was found on August 10, 2015 around 4:30 pm by a group of volunteer searchers from Colorado City. The group was driving along Forest Service Road 240 when some boys who were in the back of the pickup saw the body of Jerold on the ground around 15-20 feet off the road. Jerold’s body was found approximately 3.7 miles point-to-point from the place Jerold was last seen. However, by road it was approximately 8.6 miles from the place he was last seen. Because Jerold was found close to the road and the road would have been a natural walking area for him compared to the very thick brush, it is believed that Jerold probably found his way to Forest Road 240 and followed it to Forest Road 241 in the direction away from the camp site and may have walked off into the forest to lay down to rest. He was found fully clothed with no obvious external injuries, and there is was no evidence of foul play indicated at the scene. The weather had turned inclement early during the time he was missing. An autopsy was performed today and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office preliminary findings appear to be accidental death due to environmental exposure. Based on the environmental conditions Jerold was exposed to it is unlikely he survived the first night.

BBM

-Official searchers there and he was found by volunteer searchers from his community

Heavy rain and multiple layers of clothing even if the temps were in the 60s would quickly throw a child into hypothermia. I remember having a bad feeling when I saw the weather was bad the night he went missing. Knowing how the body responds to those conditions, let alone a small child who has no survival training.

I think if they are using dental records and finger prints to identify him, he must have been in the water for a few days. JMO

He wasn't in water, check back in the thread, they released more information, he was just off to the side of the road and was seen from the road when he was found.

I think if they are using dental records and finger prints to identify him, he must have been in the water for a few days. JMO

But if he had drowned why did the ME say he died from environmental exposure?

An autopsy was performed today and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office preliminary findings appear to be accidental death due to environmental exposure. Based on the environmental conditions Jerold was exposed to it is unlikely he survived the first night.

http://www.coconino.az.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1290

I don't think he drowned. There's no reason to cover up a drowning and my understanding of death by environmental exposure is that it's due to either hyperthermia/dehydration or hypothermia - in other words it's related to temperatures, not water. Mind you, the findings are preliminary so I accept that we could hear more but even then I'd expect the ME's preliminary findings to be worded as "suspected drowning."

This link is from Virginia but it helps explain the definition of death by environmental exposure:

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/documents/2011/pdfs/Environmental Exposure Deaths.pdf

What gets me more is that Jerold was only 15-20 feet off of forest service road 240. If he died the first night how could his body have been missed?

"What gets me more is that Jerold was only 15-20 feet off of forest service road 240."

I'm looking at all the maps people have created (good job) as well as my own and I'm pretty confused at this point.
I'm not certain we have completely accurate information, well incomplete anyway.
Because the statement says they think he followed FR 240 to FR 241 then proceeded away from the campsite.
How would he have been found by people driving on 240 then?

I revised the map to show the approx. location he was found. The news media got the roads reversed in their report, but oh well. Forest road 240 dead ends. I'm assuming they found him near the end of it. It scales out right at 8 1/2 driving miles from their campsite.

He didn't drown. He would have died from dehydration and exhaustion (and maybe fear). He was walking AWAY from all the watering holes.

MSM article: http://www.kpho.com/story/29764048/5-year-old-found-dead-in-kaibab-forest-probably-died-first-night

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

Perhaps one of the reasons for the 4 hour delay in calling LE is, if they are FLDS, they are afraid of police.

According to other maps I have found I think this is the location. FR 240 is not marked on google maps but it is on other maps. I think it either starts at the fork I have marked or possibly at the fork you come to if you follow that road north to where it meets up with the marked 241.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/36....,-112.1120416,3669m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

edit - Not the exact location they found him, I think that is the junction of 240 and 241 they mention

I found this landmark on Forest Road 240. Seems like the Tater Point Lookout Tree is pretty close to the last coordinates given, but I am not good at figuring those out, so JMO.

http://landmarkhunter.com/177333-tater-point-lookout-tree/

The media just reported what the Sheriff's Office released but it does make more sense if the Sheriff's Office transposed those two road numbers. Maybe that is what happened.

I found this landmark on Forest Road 240. Seems like the Tater Point Lookout Tree is pretty close to the last coordinates given, but I am not good at figuring those out, so JMO.

Aha, good find. I had to use the forest service map to figure out where 240 was.
Just now is the first time this one has gotten to me. Realizing how easily this could have turned out another way.
Dehydration will make you delirious in short order. I would imagine that played a role.
Poor guy was just unfortunate and took a wrong turn, was unlucky in that he didnt run into anyone, and then probably lost his wits or just went to take a break in the shade.

:/

RIP

BBM

Probably the heat.

He wasn't in water, check back in the thread, they released more information, he was just off to the side of the road and was seen from the road when he was found.

Yes, I am going back and deleting all my posts. Reason:wrong info.

I revised the map to show the approx. location he was found. The news media got the roads reversed in their report, but oh well. Forest road 240 dead ends. I'm assuming they found him near the end of it. It scales out right at 8 1/2 driving miles from their campsite.

He didn't drown. He would have died from dehydration and exhaustion (and maybe fear). He was walking AWAY from all the watering holes.

MSM article: http://www.kpho.com/story/29764048/5-year-old-found-dead-in-kaibab-forest-probably-died-first-night

Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kcsOUmM2GJ3A&usp=sharing

rfk's map matches closely to steelman's map. I think you guys may have it. The distances fit.

But if he had drowned why did the ME say he died from environmental exposure?

An autopsy was performed today and Coconino County Medical Examiner’s Office preliminary findings appear to be accidental death due to environmental exposure. Based on the environmental conditions Jerold was exposed to it is unlikely he survived the first night.

http://www.coconino.az.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1290

I don't think he drowned. There's no reason to cover up a drowning and my understanding of death by environmental exposure is that it's due to either hyperthermia/dehydration or hypothermia - in other words it's related to temperatures, not water. Mind you, the findings are preliminary so I accept that we could hear more but even then I'd expect the ME's preliminary findings to be worded as "suspected drowning."

This link is from Virginia but it helps explain the definition of death by environmental exposure:

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/documents/2011/pdfs/Environmental Exposure Deaths.pdf

What gets me more is that Jerold was only 15-20 feet off of forest service road 240. If he died the first night how could his body have been missed?

I concur. I was going off the MSM report and the radio code used by SAR when they found him. I'm so sad thinking of him wandering for hours and then lying down to die by himself. I hope he just went to sleep.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back