Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How terribly sad. Not the outcome anyone wanted.

As far as the ME goes, the body is in the jurisdiction of the state/county in which it was found, they aren't going to give it up before they have conducted an examination in the proper jurisdiction. No matter the religious affiliation of the family, the local government has control over the body and an interest in determining the identity and cause of death.

So if the family objected to an autopsy to determine cause of death, would the state have to respect their wishes - and only go as far as to identify the body?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So the mother wasn't able to positively ID him? So now they need to check dental records and fingerprints? Most children don't have fingerprints on file, do they? Do the authorities not believe the parents that this kid is 'Jerold Williams? Was he unrecognizable? I think this is weird in addition to waiting until Wed.

I wonder if he might either have been attacked by an animal or scavenging already occurred. It's gruesome but if that were the case, he'd be hard to identify by sight alone.

So if the family objected to an autopsy to determine cause of death, would the state have to respect their wishes - and only go as far as to identify the body?

Someone needs to do a shoutout to Joypath ?

Here's what I found (it's Pinal county though):

What if my family objects to an autopsy or wants an autopsy?

While the final decision whether or not to perform an autopsy is determined by the County Medical Examiner, family wishes are taken into consideration whenever possible. Please make your wishes known, but understand that the Medical Examiner must determine what to do using their experience and following legal requirements of the State and Federal government. Not everyone who is examined is autopsied.

I would think so too. Is it just standard operating procedure to obtain dental records and fingerprints? I'm not so sure.

I guess they need to take DNA tests or dental records to make sure someone didnt switch bodies or something bizarre.

I guess they need to take DNA tests or dental records to make sure someone didnt switch bodies or something bizarre.

Hmmmm... maybe family has objected and LE needs a court order? I sure hope not, this could drag on for a while. That would explain all the hush. Just speculating as there's nothing else to do! JMO

Hmmmm... maybe family has objected and LE needs a court order? I sure hope not, this could drag on for a while. That would explain all the hush. Just speculating as there's nothing else to do! JMO

That's what I'm thinking also- court order.

They aren't having any trouble identifying him, they know good and damn well who he is.

My guess at this delay is more along the lines of establishing a cause of death. If he died from dehydration and malnutrition, it isn't going to be obvious just from a visual observation. If he died from a rattlesnake bite, there might be a bite mark and some swelling, but it still wouldn't be definitive.
If he was found floating face down in a cattle tank, then the probable cause of death would be more apparent. If he was found at the base of a cliff, it might still not be clear if he fell from a height or not.
He may have tried climbing a tree in order to get a better view, fell and landed on his head.

I wouldn't be surprised if when they found him he was simply curled up under a tree or a bush and appeared to be sleeping. That may have everything to do with why they called investigators to the scene, since the cause of death wasn't apparent and they had to rule out any kind of foul play. If he died from exposure, dehydration, starvation, a medical condition due to stress, or even a heart attack, it wouldn't be obvious during a visual examination.

We still have no idea where he was actually found. The closer he was to the campsite, the more thorough they have to be in order to rule out foul play. The further away he was found, the more it substantiates the wandering off theory.

What we all do know is that he never responded to the searchers that were out there looking for him. Is that because he wandered far away, or is it because he had a fatal accident right after he got lost ?

I don't think the family would be allowed to decline an autopsy in a case like this. A child died for unknown reasons outside the care of a doctor/hospital - that needs to be investigated.

There might be deaths that surviving family members are allowed to decline an autopsy, but I seriously doubt this is one of them (They might try to fight it, though.)

Just my opinion only.

They DID call authorities, though. Or someone did. Reportedly FLDS fear authorities outside of their community, so it seems as though they really had no idea where he was. But did all not know? We don't know. JMO

I usually would agree with you.but this.little man is dead.
Kids hurt themselves.all the time yes. Esp at that age.

Unless there is some info I'm not aware of, I have no reason to speculate that his scratches are anything more than just normal things that happen to children every day. I just can't let my mind go there without some other "evidence" or something. Just because he passed away, that isn't automatically some indicator of foul play. Sadly, children (and adults) die in accidents all the time. So at this point in time...I am just choosing to go based on the facts that have been given so far. That's just me though.

From my previous prior experience, any unusual death/unknown circumstances, the ME would order an autopsy. In a hospital setting when there is a death, in the event the attending physician requested an autopsy, the family would be asked permission.

IMO, in this case, the ME/coroner would order an autopsy.

Can anyone map that approximate location from the link above?

According to that government site, an autopsy was performed today.

(Are we allowed to discuss that link even though it's not MSM?)

According to that government site, an autopsy was performed today.

(Are we allowed to discuss that link even though it's not MSM?)

Yes - LE sources are considered "official." Plus, it's breaking in msm now anyway. Msm reports are just rehashing the sheriff's statement at the moment.

http://www.kpho.com/story/29764048/5-year-old-found-dead-in-kaibab-forest-probably-died-first-night
http://www.azfamily.com/story/29764...ad-in-kaibab-forest-probably-died-first-night

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back