Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
V
That kid must be on the move. He may be heading to a higher elevation so he can see better. He may also be able to see lights in the distance at nighttime, and he is walking towards them during the daylight hours.

I don't see any way he could be within a 5 mile radius of the initial campground without being discovered by now. I'm sure he has both seen and heard the searchers overhead looking for him, but he has no idea how to signal them or get their attention. He's only 5, he doesn't have the reasoning ability or training of an older kid.

He may be 15-20 miles away from the campground by now. It's been 48 hours. It's also possible he might actually be hiding from the searchers......"stranger danger" and all of that, along with the fear he is going to get in big trouble over this.

The searches should use a bull horn calling out his name and his parents from day one. They should yell out to him -we are dropping water for you Jerold -water and candy from the helicopter. Omg I just feel awful for this little boy.
Praying every day.

Umm, you do know he is five, right? At his age most kids have issues tying their own shoelaces. I don't think half of the adults would be resourceful enough to think about going to a higher elevation to stop the lights of civilization so they could travel towards it in daytime.

On the other hand, there are been SO MANY missing persons who were thoroughly searched for for weeks before being found within a mile of where they went missing.

Sure, I know he's 5. I also know he is healthy and dressed well, which means he could be very mobile. I honestly think if he was in the current search zone, he would approach THEM.

He would be getting pretty hungry by now, and although he may or may not be afraid of strangers and all the commotion surrounding them, his fear of them would be trumped by that rumbling in his belly. I can see him just walking and walking and walking and walking, just trying to find something that looks familiar. He might be walking towards civilization, or further from it, that's left to be seen.

That's a huge forest, they should have hundreds of people out searching for this kid, but instead law enforcement decides that they will handle it all themselves. That may prove to be a fatal mistake. Hell, they even had members of their own search party getting lost today........it's ridiculous.

Umm, you do know he is five, right? At his age most kids have issues tying their own shoelaces. I don't think half of the adults would be resourceful enough to think about going to a higher elevation to stop the lights of civilization so they could travel towards it in daytime.

On the other hand, there are been SO MANY missing persons who were thoroughly searched for for weeks before being found within a mile of where they went missing.

There has been discussion on the Deorr Kuntz missing child case (also on a camping trip) that a surprising number of missing people go UP when lost. Searchers tend to look down, but they also need to look uphill.

Just adding my 2¢.

Is there confirmation that they are FLDS or is that just speculation?

Speculation. But I think it's speculation based on some solid cues. Like how he is dressed in the photo (long sleeves and buttoned up to the neck at a campsite), the fact that his father is not mentioned, just that he was with 20 friends and family including his mother (if FLDS, family ties may be lied about to the authorities as they are not forthcoming about their polygamy and never name their father unless their mom is the first wife), the number of people camping (seems like a lot), the remoteness of the campsite (FLDS like to keep to themselves), the name (spelling for one, "Joseph" as the middle name and then just google the name with FLDS and it's clear that there are FLDS members with the exact name - and they use family and prophet names A LOT!), location (tons of FLDS in AZ), and the fact that the only photo dispersed is the one we've seen, with the little boy in side profile (FLDS don't tend to take a lot of single shots of their kids- mostly large family shots that would out them immediately), etc.

In any event, I don't know how the speculation helps find him but it could explain certain things- like why they haven't and likely won't talk to the media.

steelman said:
Hell, they even had members of their own search party getting lost today........it's ridiculous.

That, in all fairness, is a good argument against having hundreds of untrained people out searching! You could end up searching for searchers as well as this boy.

It is frustrating though. The reasoning is probably on the off chance there is a crime/foul play, LE wants to preserve evidence?

@trigger

Gizmo-Pal-2-287x250.jpg

ETA smaller image.

Frustrating to know that there are organizations like KlaasKIDS out there that could really help organize and manage volunteer searchers and instead these poor well meaning people are out potentially getting themselves lost and destroying evidence.

Frustrating to know that there are organizations like KlaasKIDS out there that could really help organize and manage volunteer searchers and instead these poor well meaning people are out potentially getting themselves lost and destroying evidence.

It's the trained searchers getting lost...not the public. The citizens live around there, they don't get lost.

That, in all fairness, is a good argument against having hundreds of untrained people out searching! You could end up searching for searchers as well as this boy.

It is frustrating though. The reasoning is probably on the off chance there is a crime/foul play, LE wants to preserve evidence?

@trigger

Gizmo-Pal-2-287x250.jpg

I think it's more that it's very hard to organize that many people and be able to clear certain areas and make sure they don't trample on tracks or whatever may lead to Jerold.

No indication has been reported that authorities suspect foul play, but preserving evidence would be something any command of a search and rescue operation would consider, Alldredge said.

“Maybe that’s the cop in me,” he said, “everything is always a crime scene until you rule it otherwise, everything is: preserve evidence, you treat it cleanly.”

Could the child have fallen prey to an animal? Alldredge said he would hate to speculate; there could be bears, but Jacob Lake is not a heavy bear area. Mountain lions will generally avoid a person unless they or their offspring are threatened, he said. Animals are always a possibility but, he said, he thought that would be way down the list in this case.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...-old-jerold-williams-jacob-lake/#.VcauvCzbKM8

V

The searches should use a bull horn calling out his name and his parents from day one. They should yell out to him -we are dropping water for you Jerold -water and candy from the helicopter. Omg I just feel awful for this little boy.
Praying every day.

Really smart suggestions.

As of Saturday afternoon, more than 300 searchers had not found any sign of a missing 5-year-old near Jacob Lake.
Stormy weather and muddy roads hampered search efforts Friday, but the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said Saturday that ground searchers have been joined by aircraft. The missing child is from Colorado City, and members of the community have been preparing meals for the responders.

Personnel from many agencies have been assisting the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office and Coconino County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, including: Kane County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue, Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue, Mohave County Search and Rescue, U.S. Forest Service law enforcement and fire crews, National Park Service law enforcement, Arizona Game and Fish law enforcement, Coconino County CERT teams, Page Rural CERT teams, Nellis US Air Force Base, National Guard Blackhawk and Special Forces, AZ Department of Public Safety troopers and Air Rescue, Bureau of Land Management personnel and dog teams, and Civil Air Patrol.

http://azdailysun.com/news/saturday...cle_4f484bc1-9d41-537f-94b2-15207eebc8cb.html

300 searchers? If that's true then maybe they don't need civilian searchers right now.

IF the are FLDS do you think Jerold may be purposely hiding from rescuers? From what I've heard that sect of LDS shuns outsiders. He may be more scared of a large police presence, helicopters and dogs than the woods. Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first time posting on this thread. I used to live near Colorado City and agree with other posters about the police/search efforts making little Jerold hide deeper.

But then I go back to the beginning that 15+ people searched for 4 hours for him - when presumably he was reported missing to the group very quickly. How could he have disappeared so quickly and where could he have gone? Didn't early reports say that his mother was close by while he chased grasshoppers?

I too wonder if maybe she arranged a disappearance to get him out of the FLDS. Perhaps a family member outside of the group (maybe someone who used to be part of them but has since escaped) was able to pick him up. Situations like that are not uncommon.

I would like to know more about the mother and her family. I think it would shed light on the circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

It is actually my hope that I am right because it means he is likely okay and safe....somewhere.

Although if I am right, there have been a lot of resources used in an unnecessary search.

Thinking out loud some more - if the mother was trying to get him out this would be a perfect situation. They would be away from CC, they would let their guard down a bit while enjoying nature, and they wouldn't be as closely watched/monitored.

I thought they'd find him today and I'm sad he might be going into 3rd night cold and alone in the wilderness. It's supposed to drop to 48 and so I hope his clothes are dry and he's found a little nook in which to huddle safely until daylight...

I think it is odd his mother's name was not indicated in msm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This is my first time posting on this thread. I used to live near Colorado City and agree with other posters about the police/search efforts making little Jerold hide deeper.

But then I go back to the beginning that 15+ people searched for 4 hours for him - when presumably he was reported missing to the group very quickly. How could he have disappeared so quickly and where could he have gone? Didn't early reports say that his mother was close by while he chased grasshoppers?

I too wonder if maybe she arranged a disappearance to get him out of the FLDS. Perhaps a family member outside of the group (maybe someone who used to be part of them but has since escaped) was able to pick him up. Situations like that are not uncommon.

I would like to know more about the mother and her family. I think it would shed light on the circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

It is actually my hope that I am right because it means he is likely okay and safe....somewhere.

Although if I am right, there have been a lot of resources used in an unnecessary search.

Thinking out loud some more - if the mother was trying to get him out this would be a perfect situation. They would be away from CC, they would let their guard down a bit while enjoying nature, and they wouldn't be as closely watched/monitored.

I would like to expand on my earlier thoughts now that I am at a computer. I hope that I am not violating any rules by my post, as it is my own opinion and pure speculation/hypothetical.

From what I personally know about the FLDS, it is very hard to be a male within the community. Obviously less men are needed and wanted since they practice plural marriage. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for young men to be pushed out of the community (for various reasons) as they grow up.

So imagine being a mother of a son - one with a potentially unknown future. Imagine the (potential) desperation you would feel knowing that that is their future. Not every member of the FLDS believe the doctrine to the same degree. The majority don't know any different way of life - they were born and raised within the community. They don't leave CC often, and when they do they don't socialize with the outside community members. However, some have successfully permanently left/escaped the FLDS and want nothing more than to help other family members within the community escape. But that is very difficult.

There are literally people within CC that police the grounds. They have strict curfew and it is not easy to come and go. Another poster speculated that several people could be the father of or related to Jerold. Some of those people are in trouble with the law and one was even deceased. Those two situations could be difficult to the mother. She could be forced to "marry" another man. What if that was the situation and she was feeling desperate for her children (not sure if she has other children or not).

And she saw this camping trip as the perfect scenario to get Jerold to safety. Like I said earlier, I imagine that while camping they are able to let their guard down a bit and have some more freedom. She may have anticipated this and arranged a family member (outside of the community) to come get Jerold. Since his "leaving" would not be approved, she had to set the stage that he disappeared. Once someone had safely taken him, they would have had a chance to get away before she reported Jerold missing to the group. And then they searched personally for 4 hours (which seems like plenty of time to find a boy who had just disappeared) And likely, she has no idea what type of search effort would take place (from outside CC) to find Jerold. Afterall, she has most likely been sheltered from the "outside world" her entire life. So she doesn't understand (or didn't at the time) that the "outside world" would literally call in the troops to look for her son. And now what happens? Is he found safely with another family member and returned to CC?

Again, I hope (in a way) that this is what happened. But it could mean big trouble for her (both outside and within CC) if this is the case - and that isn't ideal either.

I hope that little Jerold is alive and well - wherever he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back