AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the video at the Good4Utah link in the first post, it sounds like family members drove down on Sunday, Jan. 14, after they hadn't heard from Jerry and Susan, who were scheduled to arrive in West Jordan on Jan. 11.

It's worth nothing that the missing couple was last heard from via text. It doesn't sound like that text raised any alarms (as it might if it didn't sound like Jerry and Susan), and that family members grew concerned after they didn't arrive in West Jordan. I wonder when the last time they were confirmed to be seen or spoken with on the phone?

The video also shows other houses in the semi-rural area and what looks to be a highway in the background. I noticed that front window of the house looks like it's boarded over (or maybe that's cardboard to shield from the AZ sun?), there's a home security sign in the same window, and the front door has a barred entryway. Jerry's FB page has a few photos with firearms.

Is the area prone to crime? Had they been robbed in the past (too common when people split time between residences)? I wouldn't think much about any of these factors individually, but when combined, they make me wonder if they either feared for their safety or felt they were being targeted for some reason?

Per my post upthread, they are living in what is considered a high drug trafficking area

Per my post upthread, they are living in what is considered a high drug trafficking area

But presumably drug traffickers would not normally want to draw attention to themselves by interacting with local people on or near their trafficking routes. From what [little] I know, violence by organised crime is almost always targeted at others involved in organised crime, whether rival gangs or members of one's own gang whose loyalties have come into question. The McFalls don't seem to fit into either category.

To me their disappearance is either down to a private grudge or a completely random event.

But presumably drug traffickers would not normally want to draw attention to themselves by interacting with local people on or near their trafficking routes. From what [little] I know, violence by organised crime is almost always targeted at others involved in organised crime, whether rival gangs or members of one's own gang whose loyalties have come into question. The McFalls don't seem to fit into either category.

To me their disappearance is either down to a private grudge or a completely random event.
BBM

While I agree with your last statement about the likely reason for the McFalls disappearance, it’s often the case that local people ARE the drug traffickers or dealers. They may not be part of “organized crime” or gangs, but can just be people making a living or even supporting their own habit either by dealing drugs or stealing.

So the “random event” could very easily be someone like that coming to the wrong house. This happened when we lived in the prime marijuana-growing county in the U.S. decades ago. People would go to a residence hoping to steal the harvested crop, but make a mistake and go down the wrong driveway. The innocent property owner would be killed. This happened more than once. It’s more likely meth in the Littlefield area.

I do think it’s a private grudge, however.

I was hoping to check this thread for good news. I hope they are found soon!

If you enter their address into google along with BB assault - there are several articles.

This is from Mohave 911. Just scroll to 2x aggravated assault. There are also a few newspaper articles about the BB gun and arrest.
https://kdminer.com/news/2017/dec/04/mohave-911-december-4-2017/?templates=desktop

You can use the information in this MSM article to look up the public court records for the case here:

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

Case J-0803-CR-20170248.

I was thinking that too, but by his dob could be either one.

Huh. I’m seeing a birthdate of 1966. Is there more than one person with the same name?

Still nothing? Not good. Not good at all.

Disregard. I thought I saw that she was much older than she is. So yeah, hubby I would agree.

I cannot believe they haven't been found yet!

The disappearance of the McFalls sounds like an episode from the X-Files but I am sure there is some logical human explanation for what happened to them.

According to the Mohave 911 report, it's her husband
https://kdminer.com/news/2017/dec/04/mohave-911-december-4-2017/?templates=desktop
BBM

Deputies learned that (I removed the name) and her husband do have a BB gun. Deputies looked at their BB gun and noticed the BB’s were the same color as the BB that was removed from the victim.

The fact that the bb's were noted to be the same color as the one removed from the victim makes me think they were distinctively colored. Colored bbs are often heavier weight and are used by airgun aficionados to improve range and accuracy. If she was shooting airsoft pellets, LE made the right call; the shooting was intentional. MOO.

This case reminds me in some ways of the disappearance of Michael Chambers. Older people simply vanishing into thin air. It's got to be so terrible for the families. Praying for solid clues and resolution soon. Wish I could add something helpful to the thread :(

IMO this wasn't a disappearance. So sad for those who know and care about these folks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back