Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
new caller...you never know the evil man can do. hopes the Grandma didn't know what was happening. on the fence because of Jerice's past.
host saying she doesn't believe Grandma diverted media attention away from her daughter.
caller....this just keeps getting bigger and bigger
host...we'll see what new info is released this week. LE saying they don't believe Jhessye alive broke her heart
caller saying he spoke to Guardian Angels from Arizona....they are so let down and feel so betrayed.
host saying there are so many other Jhessyes we will never run out of kids to talk about

That was very disappointing. Obviously this show is not willing to say anything about Jerice.....they are wrapped right around Shirley's finger.

Thanks lynnb, I have not listened yet. Will later after kids asleep. But that was the impression I was getting from posts I am reading about the broadcast. Sounds like the host is all kinds of tiptoeing around Shirley still.

sigh.

Thanks lynnb, I have not listened yet. Will later after kids asleep. But that was the impression I was getting from posts I am reading about the broadcast. Sounds like the host is all kinds of tiptoeing around Shirley still.

sigh.

Maybe their first parenting tip should be don't return children behind CPS back

There HAS to be some law they can get "Gma" on violating.. Kills me to think that our CPS system is THAT messed up that there are NO repercussions for putting children back into the hands of monsters who happen to be their parents.. sigh

ok....now I'm sick....this same host who keeps saying Jerice may be a wrongfully accused mother just said she is a school psychologist in the Atlanta area. So what does she say to her students that come in with horror stories? Does she think those parents are being wrongfully accused also?

Well, the four day weekend is about to end and not one word on any of our littles :( So depressed.

maybe tomorrow will bring a massive search of the landfill, or some fresh new lead on where that <awful person> put Jhessye. Hope springs eternal.

ok....now I'm sick....this same host who keeps saying Jerice may be a wrongfully accused mother just said she is a school psychologist in the Atlanta area. So what does she say to her students that come in with horror stories? Does she think those parents are being wrongfully accused also?

As a fellow School Psychologist, I'm appalled... :no:

caller saying little girl must have felt all alone going through all that abuse
Host asking if there is validity in the report or innocent mother?
caller saying he thinks more than one person
Host saying she is in shock with all the info. IF this is true Jerice needs to be put away for life....but Mom maintains her innocence so they have to go by that.
Church trying to raise bail.....not sure if it's Jerice's Church

bbm

Most perps/criminals maintain their innocence. I really don't get this statement. At all. Why do they 'have to go by that'? :banghead:

Shirley Johnson con job. (MOO)

There HAS to be some law they can get "Gma" on violating.. Kills me to think that our CPS system is THAT messed up that there are NO repercussions for putting children back into the hands of monsters who happen to be their parents.. sigh

I think that there may be, if Shirley is an Arizona resident:

A.R.S. § 13-3619 (2006)
§ 13-3619. Permitting life, health or morals of minor to be imperiled by neglect, abuse or
immoral associations; classification
A person having custody of a minor under sixteen years of age who knowingly causes or
permits the life of such minor to be endangered, its health to be injured or its moral welfare to be
imperiled, by neglect, abuse or immoral associations, is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.

A.R.S. § 13-3623 (2006)
§ 13-3623. Child or vulnerable adult abuse; emotional abuse; classification; exceptions;
definitions.
A. Under circumstances likely to produce death or serious physical injury, any person who
causes a child or vulnerable adult to suffer physical injury or, having the care or custody of a
child or vulnerable adult, who causes or permits the person or health of the child or vulnerable
adult to be injured or who causes or permits a child or vulnerable adult to be placed in a situation
where the person or health of the child or vulnerable adult is endangered is guilty of an offense
as follows:

1. If done intentionally or knowingly, the offense is a class 2 felony and if the victim is under
fifteen years of age it is punishable pursuant to section 13-604.01.
2. If done recklessly, the offense is a class 3 felony.
3. If done with criminal negligence, the offense is a class 4 felony........

new caller....no child would make that kind of info up. Was for mom in the beginning but noticing Grandma. didn't appreciate Grandma making it race when she was just using it as a diversion from her daughter
Host saying whenever something happens a parent always doesn't think their child would do something. Was it a diversion or a parent believing their child?
Caller bringing up Jerice's past.
Host saying in her conversations with Grandma that Grandma honestly believes Jerice's rehabilitation was a success. Grandma still believes it was an abduction.

How would she know? According to Jerice, she has very limited contact with her Mother.

have just listened to the broadcast. Sigh. I am so irritated right now. I need to stew a bit before posting here.

Hi AZlawyer, I see you're reading here. :seeya: If you have the time, I would love to hear your thoughts on the legal aspects of this case.

I know we don't have many details on the legality of Shirley handing the kids back to Jerice. But I would like to hear your thoughts on the possible charges she could face. Also, Jerice has another hearing on Tuesday. Exactly what would she face with a Class IV Felony Abuse Charge? How will the prior convictions effect the current charges?

Will the children have to appear in open court and be cross-examined? I hate to think they would have to face Jerice and be further traumatized by a courtroom experience.

I have lots more questions, but I'll wait to see if you respond
icon12.gif

Hi AZlawyer, I see you're reading here. :seeya: If you have the time, I would love to hear your thoughts on the legal aspects of this case.

I know we don't have many details on the legality of Shirley handing the kids back to Jerice. But I would like to hear your thoughts on the possible charges she could face. Also, Jerice has another hearing on Tuesday. Exactly what would she face with a Class IV Felony Abuse Charge? How will the prior convictions effect the current charges?

Will the children have to appear in open court and be cross-examined? I hate to think they would have to face Jerice and be further traumatized by a courtroom experience.

I have lots more questions, but I'll wait to see if you respond
icon12.gif

I am confident that Shirley violated some California law--but not being a Cal. lawyer, I can only guess what the specific charges might be. Probably child endangerment at least. She was entrusted with those children and turned them over to a known child abuser who had no legal right to them. :furious:

I haven't looked at the AZ child abuse sentencing scheme in a while, but IIRC the sentence (assuming a conviction) would be impacted by prior convictions as well as by things like the harm to the child--and if the harm to the child is discovered to have been death, I am sure a murder charge will be added and the child abuse charge will no longer be her primary concern. But even without a murder charge, my recollection is that serious child abuse can carry a life sentence in AZ.

If forensic evidence is not conclusive, it is likely that at least the 13-year-old would be required to testify. Quite honestly, it might not be too traumatic for her considering her standards of trauma. :(

I cannot imagine the fear that Jerice could/would instill in any of her children who had to face her in a courtroom. She scares me, but I am just a little-ole-lady coward.
It is obvious that both Jerice and Shirley relish confrontations, even to a point of creating them. They use the free media exposure to rant, as a means for defending themselves against the truth.

Went to Target this afternoon, and while I was in the hair accessories aisle I glanced up and my heart took a tumble. Up above were large ads of a young girl with hair done up in bows and ribbons. It could have been Jhessye. It should have been Jhessye. Now Jhessye is a poster child for missing children. Jerice destroyed everything about Jhessye that was beautiful - not just her face but her bright eyes, her confidenrt smile. Jhessye has a look that clearly depicted being and feeling loved. I believe that Jerice was insanely jealous and resentful of Jessye - she didn't want her, didn't love her, but wasn't going to let anyone have her to cherish. Jerice didn't cherish, she chose to control others who couldn't fight back, she used violence and threats to intimidate.

Well, Jerice - Your days of domination are over. I sure hope and pray that you get sent to live with the gals in GP. You will know fear - as you know they will be on Jhessie's side.

IMHO

I want to believe... that this 13 year old is stronger than we think.

My understanding is that this 13 year old is the same child who was originally abused. Unless there is two that are 13.

In 2005:

"According to the report, Shockley held the naked 7-year-old by the wrists while Hunter repeatedly whipped her with an extension chord, causing bloodied welts that added to the scars already covering the girl's body."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...tcome-we-dreaded-for-child.html#ixzz1ez1cu4md

So this 13 year old endured all of that.
THEN got returned to the monster who did all of that.
THEN was subjected to more abuse and witnessed her siblings being abused.
Then her little sister vanishes... and she is finally removed.

After ALL of that... she STILL has found the courage to tell what this woman did to her little sister.
That takes some serious guts.
I want to believe that if this girl has come this far, she CAN testify if she needs to.
I'm going to believe in this 13 year old girl. She has more time to grow and mature. She can do what needs to be done.

EllaMae did you follow the Hailey Dunn case? Her Mother Billie was a LVN, she lost her license for a period of time, but has had it reinstated.

Scary isn't it?
icon9.gif

I haven't followed that case. Maybe I will take a look when I get some time. I am surprised that these nurses can even get malpractice insurance.

I know for a fact that here in my state there have been nurses with drug problems who have lost their nursing license. It is such a position of great responsibility and trust.

I am just....appalled....that Shirley is an RN who has daily contact with vulnerable babies.

I would never want Shirley around me with her attitude and her loud mouth while I was in labor, and especially, I would not want her involved in the care of my helpless newborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member