Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EllaMae did you follow the Hailey Dunn case? Her Mother Billie was a LVN, she lost her license for a period of time, but has had it reinstated.

Scary isn't it?
icon9.gif

Has she had it reinstated? I haven't checked recently. I've backed off of that case - it's one that was just to maddening after awhile.

Could there be a possible loophole here... In that Jerice's parental rights had been terminated for the older siblings, but not Jhessye's explicitly? I seem to remember that she was just born and wasn't included in that order... I could very well be wrong-- it's just a thought that came to mind. My point being that if she didn't have her rights terminated as it applies to Jhessye--then the fact that she abused her etc,. she wouldn't be prosecuted as heavily as if it was one of the other children that she defintiely had her rights terminated with?

I realize that if her rights were terminated for Jhessye as well, then this is a moot point. I have not followed this from the beginning, so I could very well be wrong or mixing this up with something else in this terribly screwed up "case".

MOO:furious:

We have speculated here that Jerice's parental right were not severed in regards to Jhessye as she was pregnant at the time of the charges levelled against her for abusing her older children. Therefore only those older children were removed and placed in gramma Shirley's care. We do not know this is fact, it is simply the conclusion some of us have come to based on the limited info we have.

But Grandma did not ever have or return Jhessye to Jerice, just the older ones. Jerice took AZ Police over to her cousin's home to forcibly remove Jhessye from the cousin who had raised Jhessye since birth.

I have to believe that some sort of law was broken by Shirley Johnson in choosing to ignore the parental severance and returning those older children to Jerice. I also have to believe that Jhessye was sort of under the radar as far as CA CPS. She was not born yet so rights could not probably be severed. But after giving birth to Jhessye and retuning to CA to be sentenced back in 2006, I am astounded that no one thought to ask, "hey, Jerice, I see you aren't pregnant anymore. Where is the baby you have apparently just given birth to?"

But apparently, no one did :(

Could there be a possible loophole here... In that Jerice's parental rights had been terminated for the older siblings, but not Jhessye's explicitly? I seem to remember that she was just born and wasn't included in that order... I could very well be wrong-- it's just a thought that came to mind. My point being that if she didn't have her rights terminated as it applies to Jhessye--then the fact that she abused her etc,. she wouldn't be prosecuted as heavily as if it was one of the other children that she defintiely had her rights terminated with?

I realize that if her rights were terminated for Jhessye as well, then this is a moot point. I have not followed this from the beginning, so I could very well be wrong or mixing this up with something else in this terribly screwed up "case".

MOO:furious:

I believe you are correct that her parental rights were not terminated as to Jhessye. But I don't believe that will make a bit of difference to the effect of the prior convictions on any future sentencing connected with Jhessye.

Ugh...just read on one of Jhessye's FB pages that Jerice was released today...am searching for some kind of verification. (If I cant mention this please remove, Mods! Sorry! :) )

We have speculated here that Jerice's parental right were not severed in regards to Jhessye as she was pregnant at the time of the charges levelled against her for abusing her older children. Therefore only those older children were removed and placed in gramma Shirley's care. We do not know this is fact, it is simply the conclusion some of us have come to based on the limited info we have.

But Grandma did not ever have or return Jhessye to Jerice, just the older ones. Jerice took AZ Police over to her cousin's home to forcibly remove Jhessye from the cousin who had raised Jhessye since birth.

I have to believe that some sort of law was broken by Shirley Johnson in choosing to ignore the parental severance and returning those older children to Jerice. I also have to believe that Jhessye was sort of under the radar as far as CA CPS. She was not born yet so rights could not probably be severed. But after giving birth to Jhessye and retuning to CA to be sentenced back in 2006, I am astounded that no one thought to ask, "hey, Jerice, I see you aren't pregnant anymore. Where is the baby you have apparently just given birth to?"

But apparently, no one did :(

I agree with you, and cannot believe that there wouldn't be a required follow up on the not-yet-born baby... Thank you for replying and somehow understanding what I was saying!

I believe you are correct that her parental rights were not terminated as to Jhessye. But I don't believe that will make a bit of difference to the effect of the prior convictions on any future sentencing connected with Jhessye.

Thank you too, for replying and understanding my thoughts. I hope you're right, and the prior convictions are all that is needed to prosecute her in connection to Jhessye. Makes sense.

May justice come swiftly...

That was very disappointing. Obviously this show is not willing to say anything about Jerice.....they are wrapped right around Shirley's finger.

:furious: Thanks for taking one for the team, lynnb. If I'd tried to listen to that broadcast myself I'm afraid I'd be shopping for a new computer right now. Sickening, just sickening!

Ugh...just read on one of Jhessye's FB pages that Jerice was released today...am searching for some kind of verification. (If I cant mention this please remove, Mods! Sorry! :) )

Wha....????:maddening:

The uncensored FB group for Jhessye is reporting

INMATE JERICE HUNTER HAS BEEN RELEASED AS OF 11/28/2011 AT 10:40AM.
:furious:

I am confident that Shirley violated some California law--but not being a Cal. lawyer, I can only guess what the specific charges might be. Probably child endangerment at least. She was entrusted with those children and turned them over to a known child abuser who had no legal right to them. :furious:

I haven't looked at the AZ child abuse sentencing scheme in a while, but IIRC the sentence (assuming a conviction) would be impacted by prior convictions as well as by things like the harm to the child--and if the harm to the child is discovered to have been death, I am sure a murder charge will be added and the child abuse charge will no longer be her primary concern. But even without a murder charge, my recollection is that serious child abuse can carry a life sentence in AZ.

If forensic evidence is not conclusive, it is likely that at least the 13-year-old would be required to testify. Quite honestly, it might not be too traumatic for her considering her standards of trauma. :(

Thank you!!! Another scenario.

No conclusive forensic evidence is found in the apartment. Jhessye's body is never found.

Will the statement's of the children be enough to secure a conviction?

I guess I'm scared Jerice will somehow be able to walk on the abuse charges and a murder case will never be filed due to lack of evidence.
icon9.gif

I had a feeling this would happen, $10k isn't hard to come up with.
I hope someone from GPD watches Jerice 24/7.
Un-freaking believable!!!!
That Judge sounded like a preschool teacher speaking to a child in that hearing!!!!

I saw that earlier but at that time, it was simply unconfirmed rumor.

Omg. No. What about the 13 yr old? Is she safe and tucked away. And what's up with that anyways...why in the hell is she out?

Has she had it reinstated? I haven't checked recently. I've backed off of that case - it's one that was just to maddening after awhile.

Sorry for the OT guys.
Yes Belimom, Billie's license was reinstated 10/27/11. With restrictions which will last for one year, but after that she is scott-free! I linked to it in her forum.

well, LE had better be doing a press conference in my opinion... why the hello didn't they file the formal charges?!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3