Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #6 *J. Hunter guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for this witness and for Jhessye

ETA: Why didn't the court protect this witness from having to look @ Jerice during sidebar? Tweets report the two staring @ each other and Jerice trying to say something to the witness. Then return from sidebar and the witness is crying.

Why not have a victim advocate with this witness or someone to just be a calming and independent support for the witness? (maybe it wouldn't be allowed to stand between witness and the defendant in the courtroom . . . I'm not sure)

What a courageous child. I pray she's getting help and doesn't continue to blame herself.

What a courageous child. I pray she's getting help and doesn't continue to blame herself.

It is really sad to hear the way she seems to blame herself and be conflicted. I think the momster is one of those abusers that chooses one child to blame/punish/torture--and the others have to watch and feel guilt and fear.:cry:

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 50s51 seconds ago
Defense saying #JhessyeShockley's eyes were gooey bc of pink eye, was being kept separate bc she was sick. #JericeHunter

I am catching up on the tweets. Seriously? Jhessye was kept in a closet because of pink eye? They should have just settled this thing prior to trial.

So difficult for her. So difficult for me to read the relatively few questions we could. However, in this case, I have no problem with the concept of an unidentified witness. She feels so much guilt (thanks to her mother). I'm sure she lays awake at night and tries to think of what she should have done to prevent Jheysse from dying. But, it's obvious she loves her mother, which is natural. Then, there must be the painful prospect of growing older and maturing only to realize she did the best she could. It was her mother's awfulness that will also cause her nightmares. How can the person she loves so much do so much damage to a little one? She will struggle with this the rest of her life unless she gets some serious counseling. Even that may never be enough.

Oh, and PINK eye does not produce BLACK goo, Ms. Defense Attorney.

For sure, the jury "got" it.

ETA: I forgot to mention, Jerice is only crying for herself now, knowing the truth is coming out.

What a brave child. She did the absolute best thing she could have done-of course she loves her mother, of course she blames herself, but she told the truth anyway.

Does the defense actually think they can spin this to mean that Jhessye was in a closet because of pink eye and that there was black goo coming from her eyes because of it? Really?

I want the list of meds they logged during the searches. Is that detailed out separately anywhere sleuthers?

This is the most heartbreaking testimony to date. I am glad the witness was brave enough to testify to the awful truth of what Jhessye had to endure. I hate that she blames herself at all. She was just a child herself, and didn't deserve to witness such horrors. :(

Wasn't the mom doing jail/prison time for child abuse? I wonder if the abuse was on this sibling and she has been guilted into thinking her mom's jail/prison stint was her fault, too. Ugh, I just can't with these people ...

Absolutely heartbreaking! I do not think I could have sat in the court and listened to this witness without sobbing my eyes out. I have tears rolling down at work just reading tweets about it!

It disgusts me, but also totally breaks my heart that this child still has such guilty feelings. But, realizing the abuse that she suffered, it is so sad that she can't just feel relief to be away from the abuse. I think she probably feels guilty for feeling relief. And, for her to write a letter to JH - heartbreaking! She probably apologized over and over for having to testify.

She is SO brave and courageous. In her mind, I am sure that she still feels worried that she will have repercussions for this. Did you hear what she wanted the jurors to know? Even though people sometimes do bad things, they need to be forgiven. So very sad for these precious girls and what they were subjected to their entire lives (except for Jhessey when she lived in a loving environment). JH probably made the older girls think it was completely their fault for her being in jail the first time (over the extension cord abuse). She and Shirley had plenty of time to put it in to their minds that they must NEVER let that happen again. NEVER let her go to jail again. GRRRRRRRR!!!! She needs to NEVER get out! I hope sincerely that this little sweetheart can heal in time and realize that she is not to blame for ANY of it!

I do think that this child has been brainwashed to a degree. They had quite a bit of time to work on her regarding her story. That being said, she knows the truth and she told it. She wants her mom to pay a price but to be forgiven for her mistakes. That is a pretty solid compass which gives me some hope about what she has endured and how she may overcome.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 14s14 seconds ago
we're back with more #JericeHunter

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 1m1 minute ago
Mystery witness is off the stand, now back to the detective in the case. #JericeHunter

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 48s48 seconds ago
just a head's up, i probably won't be staying here all afternoon. Have to go put together stuff for the shows in a bit. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 36s36 seconds ago
Detective with Glendale child victim’s crime unit is back on stand. #JericeHunter

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin · 1m1 minute ago
Testimony with Glendale crimes again children detective picks back up this afternoon #JericeHunter

detective is done. defense had no questions. #JericeHunter

next up, Elizabeth Diaz, Glendale PD. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 41s42 seconds ago
Diaz says if someone saw Jhessye, they would put out that information right away. #JericeHunter

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
prosecution going over the basics of the search and how it was conducted. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago
Dias asked neighbors if they could search their homes. Most were cooperative. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 48s49 seconds ago
Dias says there were numerous search teams looking for Jhessye but they never found her. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 40s40 seconds ago
A cell phone inside #JericeHunter's purse was taken into evidence.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 41s41 seconds ago
Diaz followed up on 2 tips from tipline. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 41s41 seconds ago
Police obtained store video from a gas station at 21st avenue & Northern after receiving a tip Jhessye was spotted there. #JericeHunter

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 48s48 seconds ago
OK, I'm outta here. Gotta head back to the station to get audio of the mystery witness. Watch @12news at 5 and 6. Also live on our app

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 42s43 seconds ago
On Oct. 11, 2011 at 5:02 p.m. video shows white male with black female that was determined not to be Jhessye. #JericeHunter

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 36s36 seconds ago
I was flying up above the scene when Jhessye was first reported missing & I can tell you it was a massive search. #JericeHunter

Tweet silence for over 15 minutes, TR seems to be the only one in there and keeping the testimony to herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member