AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my theory, all just what my gut and MOO, but I have been thinking about this.

The roommate and her boyfriend are giving me a dishonest feeling, even more than the BF/ex BF. I do think that some of the things the roommate has done have given her some credibility back and so I came up with this:

Roommates BF is ringleader in small identity theft crime stuff. Gets to know Kiera’s BF when he moves in with the girls and gets him involved with his scheme. Kiera’s roommate may or may not be involved, but definitely is in the know of what’s going on and is possibly scared of her own BF. I got a controlling vibe from him being so involved in what I felt was her interview. Kiera is kept out of the loop because everyone agrees she will not go along with it. Kiera finds out possibly from her roommate about what’s going on and wants to talk/confront her boyfriend about it. At the hands of someone, and IMO one of the boyfriends of her or her roommate, she goes missing. Kiera’s roommate is concerned about what might have happened to her, so creates some stories to back up her reporting that she is missing. That’s why her stories just don’t seem to add up. Because of her boyfriends involvement, she is afraid to admit the truth that could incriminate some of them/all of them, but is worried about her friend and roommate.

Just a theory, but I really want to know if the roommates boyfriend has an alibi for that day she was last seen and if he has had any run-ins with the law before.

Alllll IMOO

Here is my theory, all just what my gut and MOO, but I have been thinking about this.

The roommate and her boyfriend are giving me a dishonest feeling, even more than the BF/ex BF. I do think that some of the things the roommate has done have given her some credibility back and so I came up with this:

Roommates BF is ringleader in small identity theft crime stuff. Gets to know Kiera’s BF when he moves in with the girls and gets him involved with his scheme. Kiera’s roommate may or may not be involved, but definitely is in the know of what’s going on and is possibly scared of her own BF. I got a controlling vibe from him being so involved in what I felt was her interview. Kiera is kept out of the loop because everyone agrees she will not go along with it. Kiera finds out possibly from her roommate about what’s going on and wants to talk/confront her boyfriend about it. At the hands of someone, and IMO one of the boyfriends of her or her roommate, she goes missing. Kiera’s roommate is concerned about what might have happened to her, so creates some stories to back up her reporting that she is missing. That’s why her stories just don’t seem to add up. Because of her boyfriends involvement, she is afraid to admit the truth that could incriminate some of them/all of them, but is worried about her friend and roommate.

Just a theory, but I really want to know if the roommates boyfriend has an alibi for that day she was last seen and if he has had any run-ins with the law before.

Alllll IMOO
I like your theory very much. Makes the most sense thus far. I still wonder why her purse, pocketbook and keys were found in the back of her closet and not on her bed or dresser/nightstand? Why hide it?

Last edited:
I like your theory very much. Makes the most sense thus far. I still wonder why her purse, pocketbook and keys were found in the back of her closet and not on her bed or dresser/nightstand? Why hide it?
Hmm good question... maybe one of the three that most of us think are suspicious hid them back there to let LE or even maybe her roommate briefly think she left voluntarily and took those things with her? Not very smart if that’s the case, sense they were easily found, but maybe it was done in a rush because the roommate was about to come home? Idk.

I'm mulling that over too? I doubt she herself would do that. Hasty, ill-thought out, part of a cover-up is all I can come up with.

If she was taken out of the house against her will, she probably wouldn't have her purse and keys with her. Later on, if 'someone' wanted it to look like she left willingly, maybe they'd hide those things, to make it look like she did leave voluntarily.

My theory is something happened with the BF. He didn't want the roommate to know something happened to Kiera, so he threw the purse, wallet, keys in the closet. He texted the roommate "hi I'm going out with the new guy" from Kiera's phone. When the roommate gets home, she doesn't say anything to the BF (because it would be awkward that she knows Kiera is going out with another guy) but she doesn't see Kiera's keys on the keyring or wallet & purse on the counter, so she assumes what Kiera texted was true. Only when she never gets home does she get worried.

At that point, I don't know if the BF tells the roommate or the roommate finds something in the house that indicates foul play where she gets wrapped up in a cover up. I liked the theory above that maybe the roommate is in on the bf's identity theft, so when she confronts him about Kiera, he says they're all going down for identity theft if he's found out so everyone better keep quiet about Kiera.

JMO!

Kiera's Dad, in his own words ...

I believe the United States still has the best justice system in the world and that system is at work right now. When this is all said and done and we #bringKIERAhome I'd like to say my friends and family handled this whole situation with grace and dignity. Please continue to pray for Kiera and my family while maintaining your own dignity and refrain from slinging hatred. Light cast out darkness, so let you light shine. God Bless you all".

We have a difference in Hall-Chand's accounts. Saying Kiera "TOLD HER" she was going to go out with a guy she met at the store is different than Kiera telling her she was "PICKED UP" by someone she met at the store. The statement in the AZ Central story is in quotations, so I assume this is a direct quote from DHC?

Maybe David Lohr could help us clarify which version is correct? David does DHC return your phone calls or messages?

Yeah, that she was “picked up” by someone is new information that got my attention right away.

If HC is involved, I think it was probably after the fact. The text she received from Kiera seems to divert attention away from HC’s boyfriend and Kiera’s boyfriend both. I wonder about their alibi’s when that text was sent. HC saying Kiera would never do that or say that casts doubt that the text was true...if she was in on the whole thing why would she cast doubt on that?

Good question.

When that info was released, I kind of pictured someone quickly cleaning up Kiera’s room and just dumping her stuff in the closet...like people were coming over and they perhaps wanted that stuff out of site? Who knows, maybe to just protect it.

But I entertained the thought that Kiera put them there herself too. Maybe if she and boyfriend were fighting over money, she hurriedly threw her personal, financial stuff out of site before storming off because she didn’t want him or others rifling through it. But that’s assuming she really did leave by her own free will. If so, why not take that stuff with her?

Also it may be possible that HC didn’t tell Kiera’s boyfriend about the text because, true or not, he would not take nicely to thinking that Kiera took off with another guy. Was HC protecting her friend from anticipated heat about that? Or maybe HC suspected Kiera’s boyfriend had done something to her at that point? And the fact that HC’s boyfriend has cut off contact between himself and his girlfriend (it was implied that IIRC) from K’s boyfriend is curious. Does the couple suspect boyfriend disappeared Kiera and want nothing to do with him? Or was boyfriend involved too and doesn’t want HC possibly finding out anything from Kiera’s boyfriend that would lead her to connect some dots?

HC not talking to the family is odd though. Is boyfriend controlling who she talks to? I mean she was the one who alerted the family in the first place. This could indicate she knows more than she’s telling at this point and is uncomfortable with questions family might ask. She could be more involved than I think, idk.

Lots of possibilities, and I’m just thinking out loud here. Hope it makes sense.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s her. This article says the woman was found in her own car (isn’t Kiera’s car accounted for?):

PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities are trying to determine how a woman died after she was found in her car parked on a freeway in the Phoenix suburb of Peoria.

RSBM

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...d-in-parked-car-on-freeway-shoulder-in-peoria

Still very horrifying for the victim and her loved ones.

Not sure FlossyMay, one of the news stories says her wallet, purse and car at at her home, no mention of a cell.

It sounds like maybe Kiera works the graveyard shift at her job? Boyfriend picked her up in the morning, she sends a text message to her roommate at 12:45 pm that same day. So did the roommate really see her, or just receive a text? Who lives in the apartment? So many fuzzy details.

I did make note of the last visible post on her FB page, I wonder if she has those same difficulties. Beautiful girl with a dazzling smile, she certainly doesn't appear to be anything but happy in her photos.

Here is one of them. I know it has been mentioned a few times...

Teen vanishes in 'unique' disappearance from Glendale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members