GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered why the son knew they were missing too. But I think I understand how it might have happened.

If MC was going to an early meeting and then taking TC to work, wouldn't he be expected to come back home for awhile, until it was time to go pick her up? Maybe the son had been expecting him home all day, and got no response from either of the phones, and then found out she never went to work at all. I would call them in missing too at that point. JMO

Absolutely he would have reason then. Good thinking.

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I live in south Chandler, not too far from Maricopa. I've been following this case all week.

IMO, I think some of you are reading too much into the son's 911 call. He said 'no' to VISIBLE tattoos and scars. Mike's tattoos and hand scar would not be something someone would notice off the bat. Mike's son is probably the oldest "child" in the house, and could have been talking to one of Tina's kids about her vitals. I thought he sounded like a typical 17 year old. He was very specific about the car because he wanted his dad found. There are too many variables with the whys and whats of what the son said. I don't think he sounded suspicious at all.

I have wondered why the son knew they were missing too. But I think I understand how it might have happened.

If MC was going to an early meeting and then taking TC to work, wouldn't he be expected to come back home for awhile, until it was time to go pick her up? Maybe the son had been expecting him home all day, and got no response from either of the phones, and then found out she never went to work at all. I would call them in missing too at that point. JMO

I agree, the details that day don't need to be complicated.
It probably happened something like this:
--------------------------------------

The son tries to text or call his dad, gets no reply.

The son calls Tina's work to ask her where he is, finds out she never made it to work.

The son continues to text and call, knowing now that Tina never made it to work---no replies.

Son calls Tina's boss again----finds out she never appeared the entire day.

As the day passes, the son grows increasingly alarmed.

Calls 911 just prior to dark and reports them as missing.
------------------------------------------

Seems pretty simple and logical to me. I don't know that a lot of people in this forum wouldn't follow that exact protocol in a similar circumstance.

At that particular point in time, the son most likely thought they had been involved in a car wreck or traffic accident . He was smart enough to have the vin# handy when he called 911, because at an accident scene, the first information written down is the license plate number and the vin# of the cars involved.

I don't see anything sinister or odd in the way the son behaved that day either.

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I live in south Chandler, not too far from Maricopa. I've been following this case all week.

IMO, I think some of you are reading too much into the son's 911 call. He said 'no' to VISIBLE tattoos and scars. Mike's tattoos and hand scar would not be something someone would notice off the bat. Mike's son is probably the oldest "child" in the house, and could have been talking to one of Tina's kids about her vitals. I thought he sounded like a typical 17 year old. He was very specific about the car because he wanted his dad found. There are too many variables with the whys and whats of what the son said. I don't think he sounded suspicious at all.

Welcome aboard!!!!! I guess we all relate it to our own kids and situations. I can guarantee you my son at that age would not have had a VIN number lol. He also probably could not have told LE my height, weight etc. I do disagree on the tattoos because even in pictures, Mike's scar is noticeable but JMO.

My computer is not showing me the emoticons right now or I would send one of the cool Welcomes! :)

Welcome! The main thing about the call that makes it suspicious to me is the fact of him not mentioning that his stepmother was missing too. Even if they didn't have a great relationship I think it would be something that would be mentioned.

Foul play;

Unlawful or dishonest behavior.

In particular violent crime resulting in someones death.

Sooo now I wonder if the police are telling
us. Unlawful or dishonest behavior rather than murderer?

Good morning, please correct me if I am wrong, but it's Tina's brother who hired the PI? [modsnip] If this is the same brothers family that lives on the property with Tina and Mike there definitely could have been some bad blood. I do believe something happened at the house on Sunday night IMO. Possible drug addiction, with any of the people who live at the "compound" could have brought bad people into their lives and maybe someone owed money etc. I am not trying to talk bad about the family just trying to think of all avenues. I hope we get more info soon from the police.

I suppose it could be someone staying at the compound such as a boyfriend/girlfriend of a family member....

Good morning, please correct me if I am wrong, but it's Tina's brother who hired the PI? [modsnip]If this is the same brothers family that lives on the property with Tina and Mike there definitely could have been some bad blood. I do believe something happened at the house on Sunday night IMO. Possible drug addiction, with any of the people who live at the "compound" could have brought bad people into their lives and maybe someone owed money etc. I am not trying to talk bad about the family just trying to think of all avenues. I hope we get more info soon from the police.

No they did not live with the brother (tina's) that hired the PI (His last name is Perry). They lived with Michael's SISTER and her husband. Their last name is Dugan.

sorry I was not allowed to post anything from the daughters page. I am still learning the in's and out's of this page. I apologize :-(

M
Good morning, please correct me if I am wrong, but it's Tina's brother who hired the PI? [modsnip] If this is the same brothers family that lives on the property with Tina and Mike there definitely could have been some bad blood. I do believe something happened at the house on Sunday night IMO. Possible drug addiction, with any of the people who live at the "compound" could have brought bad people into their lives and maybe someone owed money etc. I am not trying to talk bad about the family just trying to think of all avenues. I hope we get more info soon from the police.
Yes and the PI was not hesitant to do a televised interview early on...pointing out those very things. PI is former LE. No hesitation.
Even in this latest interview where he mentions death. JMO

I hope so. I just wonder where? There must be miles and miles of open desert I suppose. Does anyone know if dogs were used in the searches by friends?

IIRC the LE's have matched the dirt found on the car to specific terrain.

JMO

Could son be covering for Dad? Could the suggestion to look in Chandler be the opposite direction of where they were headed? Again, the McStay case.....car near Mexican border when bodies were found at least 100 miles to the North of where the car was.

Anyway, it's just a possible angle. It makes me uneasy all of the cartel rumblings and the fact that the Father is a skilled-pilot. I REALLY wish we could confirm if he was an active working pilot with United Airlines. I'm thinking he was not and even living communally there would still be financial pressures with a past foreclosure, lawsuits and loss from a fire and no insurance. Also, 5 kids are expensive!!

sorry I was not allowed to post anything from the daughters page. I am still learning the in's and out's of this page. I apologize :-(

:grouphug: aww don't feel bad. We were all new once. I know I didn't post for the longest time scared to death I would mess up and you know what...I did and still do, as recent as this week. I have been on here almost a year and learn something new every day. Welcome aboard!!!

Finally listened to the call. I wonder who was sitting there and helping him through the call. Also I found it strange to say their phones are "off", I know when I haven't been able to reach someone by phone I would say, "their phones keep going to voicemail, or phones go straight to voicemail" to say they are off seemed strange. Also the concern and request if they were going to send out something about the car etc.. that would be my last concern to even think about to ask the police but who knows, he is only 17. He did locate the car himself as well I believe correct? Not suspecting the son, but still feel answers are around that property. Praying they find them soon!

I will add to HoneyBun's foul play definition/post

Noun 1. Foul play-unfair or dishonest behavior (especially involving violence)

<--> evil, wickedness, immorality, iniquity-morally objectionable behavior

Foul play
Noun}crime, fraud, corruption, deception, treachery, criminal activity, duplicity, dirty work, double-dealing, skulduggery, chicanery, villainy, sharp practice, perfidy, roguery, dishonest behavior

From the Free Dictionary

Welcome! The main thing about the call that makes it suspicious to me is the fact of him not mentioning that his stepmother was missing too. Even if they didn't have a great relationship I think it would be something that would be mentioned.

I agree. Particularly,that they both left in one vehicle, and, unless she would have gotten a ride home with someone else, she would have arrived back home in that same vehicle.
I would feel the same way if I had relatives or friends at my home, that were both supposedly in that car, I would tell LE/911 that Both people are missing, not just one.
I understand others might have a different opinion.
Also, I may be particularly sensitive, because I am a step parent , and it would make me sad to know that I was discounted, and only when asked did they mention the step mom, like an after thought.
I don't know how the son felt about his step mom.
I am saying this because a lot of times step moms don't get recognized. And sometimes they ARE an afterthought.
IMOO.

I wonder if the phones were turned Off, so that when people called their phones, it wouldn't ring out loud, so that others
couldn't hear their phones ring?
The PI in the raw 17 minute video said that both cell phones were found in the car.
This would make sense if the phones would then be placed in the car later, staged.
IMOO.

Does this "compound" have some sort of religious aspect?
Look on the daughters FB under comments. There is a little back and forth between her and a cousin. The R word comes up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BBM
Oh my goodness - thank you! I have been like a parrot on this subject. Yeah, he could have been worried because maybe he needed his dad, wanted to ask a question, get some money, etc., but what made him assume they were missing? They could have gone shopping or gone to dinner or ran some errands after the work day (IF Tina had to work - conflicting reports on that). Evidently there is a huge support group at that compound so why not start with them?
I suck at finding things, but I remember someone (the daughter?) Stating that they all had dinner plans that evening. I could be wrong. I will go back to beginning to see.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member