GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honestly I could see anyone, stoned or sober leaving their purse if they are just going up the road. Remember, everyone was going to bed (if this happened Sunday night) and they probably didn't think they would need phones or purse IMO.

If I leave the house with my husband I rarely take my purse. If I am going to the grocery store sometimes I just take driver's license, cash, and debit in my pocket. Too many purse snatchers waiting for someone to get distracted. But that's just me. :)
So, like you are saying, I can see her leaving it home if they were just going up the road for a bit.

That's why I don't think the electrical work plays into it...

If we exclude that the accountant and pilot were drug users (which seems logical), and compensation for work doesn't seem to factor into the murder ... why did the man who claims he was on meth get it into his head that he should shoot his employer and wife? That doesn't make sense.

Wonder if they are giving him so slack time so he can lead them to the dealers?

If we exclude that the accountant and pilot were drug users (which seems logical), and compensation for work doesn't seem to factor into the murder ... why did the man who claims he was on meth get it into his head that he should shoot his employer and wife? That doesn't make sense.

Because he was high on meth.

IMO

We still don't know what the argument was about. Hopefully Felix spills

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh but Felix can't know, he was in the bedroom asleep when he heard a shot. moo

OMG, shut the cry baby defense door , twice

That's the law. Example: if someone holds a gun to your head or straps a bomb to your chest and makes you rob a bank or else they'll kill you, they threaten, and if you have reason to believe that threat, you would not be held criminally responsible for robbing the bank as you were doing so under duress and threat to your life.

Felix will have the burden of proof if he/his lawyer takes that route.

However, Felix (as far as we know) did not have a gun, did not threaten to kill this couple, and did not kill this couple.

I do agree with you about not judging a book by it's cover.

I sincerely hope that this couple diid not participate in using Meth.
But it Appears that they did.
Their deaths must have been unbelievable.
Kill the husband, rape, and torture the wife.

Just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover.

I know. Their poor kids. My parents used to tell me that nothing good happens after midnight. I can't really imagine that they would go to this guy's house late at night for, er, wholesome reasons.

One of the latest media reports stated the following:

"Investigators believe Michael Careccia and Valenzuela used drugs together earlier in the day, including methamphetamine... Michael Careccia had made several calls to Valenzuela on the evening of June 21."

Speculation ONLY, but the way this is worded makes me wonder if perhaps drug use during the day wasn't an uncommon thing for Mike, since he wasn't working, and perhaps he had lingering pain from his past injury that made him susceptible to the "escape" that drugs can provide. Again, speculation ONLY. I am not trying to cast a bad light here - only trying to understand why someone who seemed to have a decent life would even dabble.

Drugs have always scared the daylights out of me personally, but I can't tell you how many people I've known who have been casual drug users. These are people who work in professional fields, executive positions, even. Pills, coke, meth - you name it. You'd never think it of them, until something bad happened (and it usually did), and then everyone was shocked. The drug epidemic is so sad, and as cliche as it sounds, drugs definitely ruin lives.

RIP Mike and Tina

I'm good with this. I've been in this situation.

I
I do agree with you about not judging a book by it's cover.

I sincerely hope that this couple diid not participate in using Meth.
But it Appears that they did.
Their deaths must have been unbelievable.
Kill the husband, rape, and torture the wife.

What the?
Where did you get the rape & torture...?

I will be interested to see what the other people living in the compound, or other relatives, have to say. Could they all have been in the dark if one or both of them had a habit? Hard to believe. Someone on meth is bound to act agitated and hyper talkative at the very least (and now we've seen what happens at the worst). Surely their kids would have noticed changes in their behavior.

If it was more casual, perhaps something they saved for "special occasions," maybe they had some during the party and found themselves too wired to go to sleep, so decided to get some more and just stay up all night to leave at 5am.

They did not deserve to die, even if they were drug users or addicts. But I hope sad stories like this will at least make someone think twice before they decide to try the drug. The risks are just way too high.

I've known plenty of people with decent jobs who did hard drugs. It's sad, but nothing shocks me any more. Would anyone have imagined Ted Haggard was doing meth before that story came out?

Amen to this. My thought was maybe they did partake and decided to stay up until 5. I was a high functioning meth addict for 2 years. My first thought was always to stay up until it was time to get ready for work instead of trying to fall asleep. It just makes this story so scary and sad for me.

That's the law. Example: if someone holds a gun to your head or straps a bomb to your chest and makes you rob a bank or else they'll kill you, they threaten, and if you have reason to believe that threat, you would not be held criminally responsible for robbing the bank as you were doing so under duress and threat to your life.

However, Felix (as far as we know) did not have a gun, did not threaten to kill this couple, and did not kill this couple.

But in his own version he left, left while one was still alive and then did nothing. In fact, even if he did leave as he said, it also appears he then returned and participated in trying to cover up the crime.

Felix also moved the car, parked it and said nothing. Why didn't Felix drive and keep going to the sheriff's office and tell them what Jose did and how his life was in danger? Or at least get as far away as possible and then call the sheriff?

Thank You.
If Felix is in the US illegally, it may explain why he was afraid of Jose and why he didn't contact the authorities.

IMO

Legal or not, this dude may head out of dodge. Hope they have him under surveillance. He should be locked up already.

And JV confessed over the phone. First time Ive heard of someone doing that.

He confessed...why the need for a trial? Oh WAIT, he is now entitled to an attorney..3 meals a day....medical...dental...a bed...a roof over his head...and his RIGHTS...
To bad Mike and Tina do not get the same privilege..
And it was stated JV was married with 3 or 4 children...were they also present during this so called party? In the house?

He confessed...why the need for a trial? Oh WAIT, he is now entitled to an attorney..3 meals a day....medical...dental...a bed...a roof over his head...and his RIGHTS...
To bad Mike and Tina do not get the same privilege..
And it was stated JV was married with 3 or 4 children...were they also present during this so called party? In the house?
You are right. His confession will be thrown out. If he confessed over the phone, he probably didnt have his miranda rights read to him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back