GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wait.Wait.Wait.Wait. Had they actually bought a trailer????? I sure did think I heard they were going to buy a trailer with Tina's inheritance.... I thought the emphasis was on Future tense " going to" rather than Past tense "bought one" Can anyone clear this up?

I wonder if there is site pre-wiring that has to be done before a trailer can even be delivered. That could explain it. Perhaps, they'd committed to purchase, but hadn't finalized the closing or scheduled delivery. Or the pre-wiring could have been done some weeks ago if that is a normal part of site preparation.

I went back to listen to Tina's brother's exact words in the interview clip. It was short so I transcribed it.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...sing-maricopa-couple-search-warrant/29591819/
Interview with Mike Perry, brother of Tina Careccia, and brother in law of Michael Careccia, whose bodies were found this morning. (John Samora/The Republic)

I was around her quite a bit. She didn't show any signs of drugs that I could see. This Jose gentleman was a friend of GD. And he was an invited guest to GD's house. And that's all I know about the situation with Jose. I don't know anything about any drugs with him.

I know that Jose was their electrical contractor that hooked up electrical for their new mobile home that they had purchased that week. I would have a hard time saying there's any drugs of consequence involved in this but I can see a lot of reason why this individual would throw that out there in a defense. But I thought it sounded, in my opinion, more along the lines of a business disagreement.

I got a kick out of Mike. He had a playful smile and outlook and I was the big brother figure. I did go out of my way to intimidate these other guys. That was my job. He just laughed at me and I'd get a kick out of his confidence. Just a sweet kid. I guess what I'm really sad about is my grandson will not ever get to know Tina. And I think Tina would have been a special person to him.

That's the law. Example: if someone holds a gun to your head or straps a bomb to your chest and makes you rob a bank or else they'll kill you, they threaten, and if you have reason to believe that threat, you would not be held criminally responsible for robbing the bank as you were doing so under duress and threat to your life.

Felix will have the burden of proof if he/his lawyer takes that route.

However, Felix (as far as we know) did not have a gun, did not threaten to kill this couple, and did not kill this couple.

Maybe he was asleep, heard the commotion, fled the scene, and that's the end of his involvement ... until ... did he drive the victim's vehicle to a different location? Is there evidence that he drove the car?

Felix also moved the car, parked it and said nothing. Why didn't Felix drive and keep going to the sheriff's office and tell them what Jose did and how his life was in danger? Or at least get as far away as possible and then call the sheriff?

Thank you ..thank you ...thank you!

I wonder if there is site pre-wiring that has to be done before a trailer can even be delivered. That could explain it. Perhaps, they'd committed to purchase, but hadn't finalized the closing or scheduled delivery. Or the pre-wiring could have been done some weeks ago if that is a normal part of site preparation.

I went back to listen to Tina's brother's exact words in the interview clip. It was short so I transcribed it.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...sing-maricopa-couple-search-warrant/29591819/

So it could have been a long standing financial disagreement about payment for the electrical for the new trailer ... perhaps Mike put him off, telling him the money was coming later, and when the time came and Jose wasn't paid, he took a revenge?

Why would they both go to his house late at night? They were supposed to get her to work at 5.

I have no idea if that would be a $500 job or a $2500 job. But I wouldn't think more than that. I suppose people have died for less, and I don't know the statistics on skilled tradesmen killing their late paying customers. It doesn't make sense, but it probably never will either.

So it could have been a long standing financial disagreement about payment for the electrical for the new trailer ... perhaps Mike put him off, telling him the money was coming later, and when the time came and Jose wasn't paid, he took a revenge?

I think this is what happened. JV knew Tina had money (and I do think MC wanted drugs on Father's day) JV wanted and expected to be paid and they weren't coming forward with it. He was high, frustrated and wanted his money. TC didn't bring purse because they had no intention of paying him. Things escalated and they were killed. Felix was present and most likely turned JV in JMO

Also, I think for people with certain mental sets, tempers, bipolar, on drugs etc it isn't the dollar figure alone. Jealously and being taken advantage off eat away at them until they crack.

You are right. His confession will be thrown out. If he confessed over the phone, he probably didnt have his miranda rights read to him.
Phone Conversations With the Police May Not Be Protected Under Miranda
A phone conversation may not qualify as "custodial interrogation."
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/phone-conversations-miranda-law.html
Miranda v. Arizona requires the police to inform a suspect of his Miranda rights before a custodial interrogation. Custodial interrogation includes not only questioning during or after an arrest, but in a situation in which most people would conclude that they are not free to leave. (See Miranda: The Meaning e Meaning of “Custodial Interrogation.”) Talking on the phone to the police may not qualify as custodial interrogation.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/phone-conversations-miranda-law.html

Miranda v. Arizona requires the police to inform a suspect of his Miranda rights before a custodial interrogation. Custodial interrogation includes not only questioning during or after an arrest, but in a situation in which most people would conclude that they are not free to leave. (See Miranda: The Meaning e Meaning of “Custodial Interrogation.”) Talking on the phone to the police may not qualify as custodial nterrogation.

I agree and I think there are different rules if you voluntarily, with no police formal interview, decide to confess you did something.
Legal people, can you help with this?

I don't think it could have been a very long standing disagreement considering Tina lost her mother and got the inheritance last month IIRC.

I don't know anything about meth. Is it the sort of drug that makes people randomly shoot/kill others?

Yes. It also makes users paranoid so he might have believed they were going to hurt him even if they weren't. Thinking someone is out to get you combined with rage and violent behavior could definitely trigger an outburst like this.

Victims last seen at 9pm at their home according to Police Probable cause report. Report also states numerous phone calls from MC to JV between 9pm and 11pm. Unlikely as it sounds when looking superficially at their photos and being outsiders to their lives. IMO this behavior feels like they were looking for a hit. Functional addicts exist all through society whether it be the friend who likes a "good drink" 6 nights of the week or the lawyer that snorts coke every lunch time. Drug taking exposes risky behavior and rubbing shoulders with others with less control.

Whichever way I try to rationalise the outcome I cannot. Pointless loss of life and my thoughts are now with the family.

Many prescription drug users will turn to any opiate when desperate. There are people all around us that are addicted to opiates. Some are obvious and some not so much. I lost my brother in law to opiate addiction. I've seen it first hand and have subsequently read many stories of all different socio-economic classes of people struggling with this addiction. this compile does not exhibit any external signs of long term drug use. However, nothing would surprise me. Can't judge a book by its cover.

I don't know anything about meth. Is it the sort of drug that makes people randomly shoot/kill others?

I don't either, but if meth is anything like cocaine, wouldn't the user feel euphoric and aware? Has anyone seen the "Faces of Meth" online? Scary. Meth must make users feel good for so many to get hooked. I just don't get JV claiming that he was high on meth that turned him into a violent murderer.

Many prescription drug users will turn to any opiate when desperate. There are people all around us that are addicted to opiates. Some are obvious and some not so much. I lost my brother in law to opiate addiction. I've seen it first hand and have subsequently read many stories of all different socio-economic classes of people struggling with this addiction. this compile does not exhibit any external signs of long term drug use. However, nothing would surprise me. Can't judge a book by its cover.

Everything simply gets really "Methy" when meth is the drug of choice.... no sleep, bad decisions, irritation, anger & the like. just a Methy mess

I don't either, but if meth is anything like cocaine, wouldn't the user feel euphoric and aware? Has anyone seen the "Faces of Meth" online? Scary. Meth must make users feel good for so many to get hooked. I just don't get JV claiming that he was high on meth that turned him into a violent murderer.

Cocaine can bring on a high & can lead to addiction -- Meth is an addiction a Vise hold. Cocaine can bring on a buzz for hours, Meth will bring it on for days & weeks w/o sleep. When one goes w/o sleep for days & nights due to the euphoric high that is when they begin in TWEEK mode you can read about it online.

Does anyone know the question from the media during the Bro-in-laws press conference that prompted him to offer up JV's name?

At 13:50 in this video, a male reporter asks:
"I understand at the Father's Day celebration, there may have been someone who was particularly interested in Mike's skills as a commercial pilot."

That's when GD replied, "a friend of ours, Jose... Jose Valenzuela, a friend of my father's and he expressed some interest but that's about all I know." The reporter asks a follow-up question that I can't hear, and GD replies, "just personal conversation." Another question, then GD replies, "I'm not sure what they talked about."

http://www.kpho.com/clip/11647551/raw-family-of-missing-pinal-county-couple-holds-news-conference

I guess where we all have to go with all of this is..... What is the LESSON here?? Don't do drugs, Don't hang out with drug users, Don't invite known drug users to your parties, Don't have them do work for you, not even in a happy seemingly innocent recreational way. Every time someone uses a drug they feed somewhere & someway money$ into a drug dealer's pockets which perpetuates the problem. Learn the signs of a tweaker. so you can prevent issues of your own. If you need legal drugs.... 'cause you have pain or 'cause you just want them ....move to Colorado.

When did Michael retire? He couldn't have been using when he was flying since he would have been subject to drug testing and twice yearly physicals. He's very young to be on long term disability. Most airlines will offer an injured or disabled pilot another position or allow them alternate work in the company. So I wonder if he actually retired or was just on Long term. Long term is a pain in terms of paperwork as well and he would have to keep providing a doctors proof that he was still "disabled". Most airlines would prefer you to keep doing something in their organization than sit at home accruing seniority and service date and medical benefits. Heck they'd even be glad if you went to work for the pilots union or something.

On the one hand I think it's very sad that a young trained pilot was spending his days doing seemingly nothing but on the other hand I have to wonder what he was doing with his days.

Why would they both go to his house late at night? They were supposed to get her to work at 5.

I read that their phones were both turned off at 9PM. That means that either they're about to commit a crime together, or they are victims of crime. I suspect that, in this case, they are victims of crime; especially given that Tina left her purse at home.

Tina, an accountant, was expected at work in the morning. One child assumed that the couple left the house at 5AM.

I think that they were taken from the home before 9PM, shortly before their phones were turned off. Who knows when the children were put to bed, or if they found their own way to bed ... or when the party ended.
What we know is that the killer was a guest at the couple's home shortly before the couple could no longer be contacted; 9PM Sunday.

This link:

http://lmgcorporate.com/ktvk/news/070215/Valenzuela-Jose-probable-cause.pdf

Attachments

• Valenzuela Jose Arrest July 1 2015 1439 Double Murder.jpg
    Valenzuela Jose Arrest July 1 2015 1439 Double Murder.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 225

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics