GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, JV was a family friend. In fact our local news channel 3 showed coverage of the Vigil Friday night and interviewed close friends of the Careccia's. They are the one's that have put together the fundraiser, search and rescue etc. Anyhow, they were quoted as saying they'd met JV on numerous occasions. So, I'd assume he was present at several family gatherings. JMO

Thank you and welcome to the forum!

Ok, the introduction of Jose being a friend to Geoff Dugan's father.
I find that interesting in itself.
That was added information. It seems odd to me that that part about his father was mentioned.
And although Jose was known to the family, why mentioned the friends with the father part?
I thought Jose was friends with everyone there?
IMOO.

ETA:
Perhaps that was how Jose was First introduced to the family, through Geoff Dugan's father??
IMOO.

I found that interesting also. Imo it seemed like he was trying to distance the relationship. Wasn't that PC immediately before the search warrants and the subsequent discovery of Mike and Tina? Jmo

I found the article:

http://www.12news.com/story/news/local/valley/2015/07/02/maricopa-bodies-found/29606815/

"The missing man's brother-in-law, Geoff Dugan, said that a Jose Valenzuela was a guest at their Father's Day party and inquired about Mike Careccia's piloting skills."

Snipped by me ....

" "He's a friend of my father and he expressed some interest, but that's all I know," Dugan said. "

Quoting my own post.

The way that this sounds, or was written, was like Jose didn't know much about Mike's piloting skills,
and that Jose was friends with Geoff's father.
And the "that's all I know part"...
when put all together it sounds like Jose was Geoff's father's friend, not Tina and Mike's.
Maybe it is how the article is written or edited?
It leaves me with many questions...
IMOO.

Yes! If someone wants to put together a timeline, the post I made for the search warrant being issued from twitter in the media thread, is Central Time based on my twitter settings. It is a 2 hour time difference to Maricopa. If the family press conference began at 3pm Maricopa time, and the reporter's tweet is timestamped 5:46pm MY time... That is 3:46pm Maricopa time.

HTH.

Yes! If someone wants to put together a timeline, the post I made for the search warrant being issued from twitter in the media thread, is Central Time based on my twitter settings. It is a 2 hour time difference to Maricopa. If the family press conference began at 3pm Maricopa time, and the reporter's tweet is timestamped 5:46pm MY time... That is 3:46pm Maricopa time.

HTH.

So let me try not to mess up time again (Treelights you watching lol) but that is really less than 46 min counting from when the family PC ENDED until the twitter notice about the search warrants...right?

I found that interesting also. Imo it seemed like he was trying to distance the relationship. Wasn't that PC immediately before the search warrants and the subsequent discovery of Mike and Tina? Jmo

Yes the PC was first. The naming of Jose Valenzuela in that PC as being a friend around the 14 minute mark in the video, then bam a search warrant and subsequent discovery of Mike and Tina.

My personal opinion from body language and voice inflection,
I think either Geoff had an idea about Jose, or he knew more at that time because LE told him more perhaps.
The reporter talked about a guest at the house, and once Jose was discussed out loud it was QUICK about a search warrant, info about Jose, searching in the backyard and finding Mike and Tina's bodies.
IMOO.

It's all sad.
I feel for Mike and Tina's families,
and I hope there is Quick Justice.
And if (and I say If because we don't know) things come out that look unfavorable towards Mike and Tina, or one of them,
it does not justify them being murdered.
IMOO.

I also want to add that that search warrant could have been in place Before the press conference with Geoff Dugan as spokesperson.
The public found out, with the family Press Conference first, then media with the search warrant details, then media with finding Mike and Tina's bodies.
IMOO.

I also want to add that that search warrant could have been in place Before the press conference with Geoff Dugan as spokesperson.
The public found out, with the family Press Conference first, then media with the search warrant details, then media with finding Mike and Tina's bodies.
IMOO.

I think it is almost a given that the sw was in place before the presser and the timing of both the sw and the presser was not a coinkydink...lol moo :)
ETA: I think this because the sw has to be signed off on by a judge and able to prove probable cause to search the property...

Correct. Despite someone's personal habits (aka drugs or alcohol abuse), it is still illegal to murder them and the law will be brought down on anyone who has been determined to have committed murder.

is there another thread or did some post get deleted? Am I in the right thread?

My in box showed one from JBelle, which I can't find now, telling everyone off who dared to have or take issue with M & T being on drugs IF indeed, that was fact which as far as I know hasn't yet been confirmed but seems to point that direction. Other than that,....perhaps its here but I don't know where. Confusion reigns :)

"When one lies down with dogs, one catches fleas" is a very old saying, from the older days that younger folks may not be familiar with. It simply means we need to be careful of our behavior and who we take into our space because others will rub off on us over time. Unless thats one's desire to be in such company, its always better to avoid the nefarious folks.

But I haven't read that anyone's posts yet were outright condemning of another for indulging. We have all been guilty of self-indulgence sometimes in our lives. Thats probably a fact.

Does anyone have funeral information? Tried to find it, but nothing yet.

Cannot even imagine planning these 2 funerals....for 2 completely senseless murders. I agree with those, whether it was drug-related, an argument, what-have-you--- They did not deserve To be murdered. Prayers for the Family.

So let me try not to mess up time again (Treelights you watching lol) but that is really less than 46 min counting from when the family PC ENDED until the twitter notice about the search warrants...right?

I found this information on the Pinal County sheriff's facebook:

"Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu has released a statement on developments in the missing persons case out of Maricopa:
July 1, 2015. 3:55 p.m.——"PCSO detectives are on scene at a residence in the 50,000 block of West Papago, in Maricopa, conducting a search warrant related to the missing persons case of Mike and Tina Careccia. Due to the nature of the investigation and the critical juncture we find ourselves at, we are not able to share more details at time. We will brief the media on developments in the case as soon as we are able to."
The above statement the ONLY information coming from PCSO. If you hear anything else on the news, it is not from our office and not confirmed by our office."

https://www.facebook.com/1511613882...1161388286780/857367584332820/?type=1&theater

Does anyone have funeral information? Tried to find it, but nothing yet.

Cannot even imagine planning these 2 funerals....for 2 completely senseless murders. I agree with those, whether it was drug-related, an argument, what-have-you--- They did not deserve To be murdered. Prayers for the Family.

With toxicology and autopsies, that would delay funerals. I don't know how long it takes for these to be completed, before a funeral could begin.
IMOO.

Questions!

https://b6613b452e5aa648d2f8d6999fb...VGTXpUZERSUThGaXk0SlZ4QmM/JOSE VALENZUELA.PDF

On the GENERAL INFORMATION:

Charges 13-1105 1st Degree Murder x2

My question is about the Offense Date and Time.

The Offense date is 06-21-15

The Offense Time is 1916

Location 50669 West Papago Road, Maricopa

The Arrest date is
07-01-15

Arrest time 1439

Arrest Location is
50669 West Papago Road, Maricopa

The Offense time on the 21st is listed as 1916.
1916 is 7:16pm.

How can it be 7:16pm if family members are saying that they last saw Michael and Tina at 21 hundred hours (9pm).

Was Michael and Tina at Jose's house earlier than thought?

IMOO.

Questions!
Was Michael and Tina at Jose's house earlier than thought?

I think that's just an error in the initial paperwork by whichever officer was filling it out, and is not very important as the case will be made in other documents.

But it's probably correct where it states the arrest time was 2:39 pm. So JV was arrested before the family press conference. The search warrant would have been obtained shortly after the arrest. I believe the news conference with Geoff Dugan had been organized well in advance, to allow the media to come out from Phoenix to attend, it was too late to cancel it. But LE would have been taking a big risk to inform him of the arrest, in case he blurted it out to the media. I haven't watched the whole thing, but I don't think he knew there'd been a break in the case, it would have been too hard for him to simulate all his talk about wanting to see the case move forward, etc. So I think his mention of JV was pure coincidence, or maybe the just the same information that they had shared with police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back