GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was also hearing my Mother

"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas."

Can't remember who mentioned this awhile back, but I've definitely felt in this case Mike & Tina had to know JV was bad news. WHY have the guy over to your house on Father's Day? You just can't hide drug use. I just feel JV was a dealer of some sort. Pardon the pun---Where there's smoke there's usually fire. AND.........I do think he is probably the local arsonist. There's just way too much that has happened to Mike and Tina and who is the common denominator?? All of those fires in the same area?? I definitely want to know WHY M & T went to his house. Why were those in the house less than forthcoming when questioned by the PI. What were the trying to conceal? Perhaps there were a few using in that household? I could be completely wrong. Again, WHY have a ruthless, short-tempered, angry person who uses drugs over to your Father's Day bash??
N
I'm not trying to blame victims. Just asking valid questions. Having anyone that is a drug user around my home makes me very uncomfortable. We had a " former heroin addict" stay with us for a Summer. Nothing in our home was sacred. I slept with one eye open and I'm not a paranoid person. JMO JMO

Well IMO two years and close neighbors does a friendship make. Perhaps they loved the sinner but not the sin???

They knew him, visited him, hired him and evidently invited him and his son over for the Fathers day.

Honestly I think there was much more to this relationship and am waiting to hear exactly what went on.

I don't think I have ever heard of a person murdering their friend and his wife, borrowing a back hoe and burying them deep in the back yard.

The confessing on the telephone to LE? Really. You can't write this stuff.

This is a most unusual case we are following.

MOO

Well IMO two years and close neighbors does a friendship make. Perhaps they loved the sinner but not the sin???

They knew him, visited him, hired him and evidently invited him and his son over for the Fathers day.

Honestly I think there was much more to this relationship and am waiting to hear exactly what went on.

I don't think I have ever heard of a person murdering their friend and his wife, borrowing a back hoe and burying them deep in the back yard.

The confessing on the telephone to LE? Really. You can't write this stuff.

This is a most unusual case we are following.

MOO

Off Topic Here,
but the PHONE THING:

The Dylan Redwine case:
"Mark Redwine says he may be 'person of interest' in son's death."

" "I'd be more than happy to speak with Mr. Redwine whenever and wherever. But he wants to do it on his terms. He wants to speak on the phone. If he wants to talk, we're going to sit down face to face or we're not going to do it," Klismet said. "

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ays-he-may-be-person-interest?source=infinite

What is it with people and the phone??
IMOO.

Does it mention the brother-in-laws father in some way?
I know I have read that everyone at the party was known by the family. But the info about the brother-in-laws father knowing him, I wonder where that info is?
I will have a look at the Media, Maps, and Timelines Only thread.

Wasn't Jose the same age as Mike? Seems he would be more the BIL and Mikes friend rather than the FIL's friend. Also maybe the BIL's father set him up with jobs because we don't know what kind of work the compound family does.

Also I think it was in the interview the BIL gave just before discovering the bodies it seems he mentioned his mother living in the compound with no notion of his father. Made me think she was a widow.

MOO

Wasn't Jose the same age as Mike? Seems he would be more the BIL and Mikes friend rather than the FIL's friend. Also maybe the BIL's father set him up with jobs because we don't know what kind of work the compound family does.

Also I think it was in the interview the BIL gave just before discovering the bodies it seems he mentioned his mother living in the compound with no notion of his father. Made me think she was a widow.

MOO

He does mention about Jose being a friend of his father in the family press conference.

ETA:
ALSO, around the 14 minute 5 sec. mark he mentions Jose:

"A friend of OURS, Jose Valenzuela. He's a friend of MY father's."

http://www.kpho.com/clip/11647551/raw-family-of-missing-pinal-county-couple-holds-news-conference

Now I am wondering if the mother lived in the compound and the father someplace else. Didn't we have a listing of folks living there earlier. I will go look. MOO

Ok I found it up in the press conference. Thank you Kate!

http://www.kpho.com/clip/11647551/ra...ews-conference

17) PI mentioned Tina came into inheritance. Don’t think it was that much, mum just passed, they were going to use it on a down payment on a mobile home on the lot next door
18) 2 families live on the lot, referred to it as a "compound", plus grandmother lives in the guesthouse, we’re always together, a really close family.

Hummm now I don't know what he meant by that. I was thinking he meant Mike and his sisters mother who would be their childrens grandmother.

If the father didn't live on the compound who invited Jose to the party??

"According to Perry, he was under the impression that Valenzuela was the electrical contractor the couple hired to do work on their build.

"I spoke with Tina the Thursday before she disappeared. And we were going over some construction concerns she had that Jose was doing the electrical work," he explained. "So, the only thing I knew about Jose is he was Geoff Dugan’s guest at their Father’s Day gathering barbecue and that he was Tina’s electrician." "

http://www.kpho.com/story/29467251/family-of-missing-couple-deals-with-worst-outcome-imaginable

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/29467251/...s-with-worst-outcome-imaginable#ixzz3f9bepqDG

This I admire in Tina's brother Mike Perry:

"Perry said he is glad that Valenzuela reportedly confessed to the crime. If guilty, Perry said he will follow the teachings of the Bible and show mercy on Valenzuela."

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/29467251/...s-with-worst-outcome-imaginable#ixzz3f9dHAWpg

Mike Perry, you are a wonderful testament!
God Bless You!

For myself, it would take awhile for me to come to this conclusion.
I am not that strong, and I would be Angry. (not that he isn't angry.)

I am amazed at the families that have had to go through grief of horrific things that happened to their loved ones,
and they show Mercy and also forgive.
What beautiful souls these people have to be able to do this...

IMOO.

Re: memorial
I saw a "Go Fund Me" ....its at over $10,000
( I won't link it because of rules)

Just my observe

With toxicology and autopsies, that would delay funerals. I don't know how long it takes for these to be completed, before a funeral could begin.
IMOO.

An autopsy on each would have been completed by now. Depending on the jurisdiction autopsies are usually conducted within 48 hrs or less. It's often done within 24 hrs of a body being found. Toxicology results can take several weeks, but that would not delay a funeral as those are blood & tissue samples sent out to a lab.

Questions!

https://b6613b452e5aa648d2f8d6999fb...VGTXpUZERSUThGaXk0SlZ4QmM/JOSE VALENZUELA.PDF

On the GENERAL INFORMATION:

Charges 13-1105 1st Degree Murder x2

My question is about the Offense Date and Time.

The Offense date is 06-21-15

The Offense Time is 1916

Location 50669 West Papago Road, Maricopa

The Arrest date is
07-01-15

Arrest time 1439

Arrest Location is
50669 West Papago Road, Maricopa

The Offense time on the 21st is listed as 1916.
1916 is 7:16pm.

How can it be 7:16pm if family members are saying that they last saw Michael and Tina at 21 hundred hours (9pm).

Was Michael and Tina at Jose's house earlier than thought?

IMOO.
They may be going by the time they were reported missing on the 21st - they were killed the 20th, they believe, if I recall correctly.

MOO

Jose is 38 - Mike was 44.

"According to Perry, he was under the impression that Valenzuela was the electrical contractor the couple hired to do work on their build.

"I spoke with Tina the Thursday before she disappeared. And we were going over some construction concerns she had that Jose was doing the electrical work," he explained. "So, the only thing I knew about Jose is he was Geoff Dugan’s guest at their Father’s Day gathering barbecue and that he was Tina’s electrician." "

http://www.kpho.com/story/29467251/family-of-missing-couple-deals-with-worst-outcome-imaginable

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/29467251/...s-with-worst-outcome-imaginable#ixzz3f9bepqDG

Hmmm so if Tina had voiced concern about JV doing the electrical, that is certainly something that would have enraged him if it became known to him. IMO

They may be going by the time they were reported missing on the 21st - they were killed the 20th, they believe, if I recall correctly.

The 21st was Father's Day, Sunday. Monday the 22nd, they were reported missing.

An autopsy on each would have been completed by now. Depending on the jurisdiction autopsies are usually conducted within 48 hrs or less. It's often done within 24 hrs of a body being found. Toxicology results can take several weeks, but that would not delay a funeral as those are blood & tissue samples sent out to a lab.

Oh, that's good to know! Thanks!!

I was reading about England and this can happen over there about delays for funerals:

"Where the police are investigating the death because they think a crime may have been committed, and when someone has been or may be charged with causing the death, the coroner may delay giving permission to bury the body so that the lawyers acting for the accused can arrange their own post-mortem. This can be very distressing for the family, but the coroner has a duty to protect the rights of the accused in this way."

http://www.inquest.org.uk/help/handbook/section-2-2-post-mortem-examination

I think that's just an error in the initial paperwork by whichever officer was filling it out, and is not very important as the case will be made in other documents.

But it's probably correct where it states the arrest time was 2:39 pm. So JV was arrested before the family press conference. The search warrant would have been obtained shortly after the arrest. I believe the news conference with Geoff Dugan had been organized well in advance, to allow the media to come out from Phoenix to attend, it was too late to cancel it. But LE would have been taking a big risk to inform him of the arrest, in case he blurted it out to the media. I haven't watched the whole thing, but I don't think he knew there'd been a break in the case, it would have been too hard for him to simulate all his talk about wanting to see the case move forward, etc. So I think his mention of JV was pure coincidence, or maybe the just the same information that they had shared with police.

Thanks! It seems like that specific time would be an error.
I agree about the 2:39pm time being correct, though.
Lots of things went down quickly, and almost simultaneously!! From the arrest, to press conference, confession, finding Mike and Tina, etc. Thank God it wasn't prolonged, as it would be even more difficult for the families, and it was horrific as it is!!
IMOO.

The 21st was Father's Day, Sunday. Monday the 22nd, they were reported missing.

Thank you for clarifying - I wasn't sure if I remembered correctly - that approx 7 pm. time the 21st as the date and time offense is strange then....

I have 2 Qs that stick in my head. Not sure if anyone knows the answer to either of these, but putting out there. In the picture of Michael sitting on the horse - on closer look he is giving the hand gesture of the horns -- I noticed that on a very old facebook picture online of JV where he is also giving same hand gesture. That picture is gone now since the arrest. But does anyone happen to know what that means??

Also, if I am not mistaken, the Dugan house was not too large..mid something 2000 sq feet?. So if 14-17 people on compound... anyone know how many were living at compound?? & were they all in same house??. Seems like small for so many. So baffling why no one knew whether they actually returned home or not that sunday eve. I am thinking of the close quarters of my house...when I have people over,it is pretty loud even if they come in quietly.

I have 2 Qs that stick in my head. Not sure if anyone knows the answer to either of these, but putting out there. In the picture of Michael sitting on the horse - on closer look he is giving the hand gesture of the horns -- I noticed that on a very old facebook picture online of JV where he is also giving same hand gesture. That picture is gone now since the arrest. But does anyone happen to know what that means??

Also, if I am not mistaken, the Dugan house was not too large..mid something 2000 sq feet?. So if 14-17 people on compound... anyone know how many were living at compound?? & were they all in same house??. Seems like small for so many. So baffling why no one knew whether they actually returned home or not that sunday eve. I am thinking of the close quarters of my house...when I have people over,it is pretty loud even if they come in quietly.

To your first question - I think it's a symbol for 'hang loose.' I saw it often in the McStay family's case.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-barely-afford-rent-despite-100k-bank.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back