GUILTY AZ - Shanesha Taylor leaves kids in car during interview, Scottsdale, 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Time to finally face some consequences, Shanesha.

A mother who left her kids in the car while she went on a job interview will now be criminally prosecuted.

A trial date was set today after she failed to create a trust fund for her children.

Taylor entered into an agreement with the county attorney's office.

It said if she setup the fund for her children and attended parenting classes that the charges would be dropped.

She failed to establish a trust fund and now felony child abuse charges against her have been reinstated.

[...]

A trial date has been set for December 10th.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/27146850/2014/10/28/charges-re-filed-against-shanesha-taylor

Thanks for all the recent updates. Golly Gee willakers I am shocked that Ms. Taylor has failed to comply with the court's order that those funds be placed in trust toward the care and benefit of her children. (sarcasm alert)

$114,000 raised. Some likely did go for legal fees. But not a big chunk. So that leaves at least 90,000 to 100,000 that should still be remaining.

and yet this loving mother who only wants a job and to support her children cannot produce even so much as 60,000.

I make significantly less than 60K a year. And yet I live off of that. You mean to tell me this woman still can't find a job, and has somehow blown thru all that money that good hearted masses gave her? At least 40,000 spent in less than a year? On what? Not her kids, the state was paying for them.

Disgusting.

It's really jaw-dropping, isn't it?

After committing a serious crime that could have killed her children and should have landed her in jail, she instead received a windfall of $114,000.00 from kind people, an attorney represented her pro bono, she received tons of good will and sympathy from people all over the United States, job offers, am I missing anything? Oh yeah, and a plea deal in which all she had to do was set aside some of the money in a trust for her children and take parenting classes!

Now she has blown through the money and can't or won't tell the court on what. And will now go to trial and is probably looking at jail time. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Excellent post and synopsis, snoods!

It really is jaw dropping chutzpah. And she also had to complete substance abuse counseling, too, probably as a result of the open CPS case on the infant, who tested positive for illegal substances at birth.

So what I want to know is whether or not a trial jury can know that she had a plea deal she agreed to? That she then refused to honor her obligations to such an egregious extent that the plea was withdrawn and charges reinstated? Because if I heard that as a jury member, and if the jury can make sentencing recommendations, I'd say that little manipulative stunt has earned her the maximum penalty. IMO.

I'm just sorry the judge didn't revoke her bail and send her back to jail to think things over for a few weeks. She really is in need of a big time out.

I hope the 4000 people who donated to her find out how their hard earned cash didn't do much to help her turn her attitude or her life around. Should be a good lesson not to give your money to causes that haven't been properly vetted, IMO.

Oh, and the pending trial for felonies isn't exactly going to help her job search, ya think? Sheesh. Just a cascade of stupid, idiotic decisions. Her kids really are lucky to be alive.

I personally blame people who donated the money. What did they think was going to happen? Why would someone donate money to a person who left young children in a car? It's like rewarding bad behavior.

"Or how it could be so tough for her or the unemployed father of her children – who is now apparently back on the scene -- to find any work. Bishop, the young woman who organized the fundraiser, said on her Facebook account this week that she received multiple job offers for Taylor last spring and forwarded them along."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/laurieroberts/2014/10/30/shanesha-taylor-trust-unfunded/18183779/

I missed this article from Oct 22. Gives some history as to how ST and her attorney were stalling the courts as far back as August, as to funding the trusts. I was pretty sure that she was being very uncooperative with the plea terms outside of court, in order for new hearings on the matter to be officially filed. She has trust attorney (possibly court appointed)-- she just never showed up or cooperated. And this article also confirms that the money has been largely spent.

The same day, October 13, Deputy County Attorney Faith Klepper filed a motion in court asking Welty to order Shanesha Taylor to prove she has $60,000 left of the $114,775. Welty hasn't yet ruled on the motion.

Klepper notes in her motion that Taylor had been told when the deal with prosecutors was struck in July that the accounts had to be funded "well in advance" of her finishing a mandatory, 26-week parenting class. The trust attorney, apparently someone different than Benjamin Taylor, sent a letter to Montgomery's office on July 15 saying the accounts would be funded by August 5. It never happened.

On August 26, Taylor's attorney requested a "significant amount" of the donated money be set aside for Taylor's living expenses. At about that time, the parties agreed to the figure of $30,000 for the child-care account. Klepper said that when Taylor was asked by Judge Welty why she hadn't yet funded the accounts as of October 13, she told him it was because she "felt getting through the parenting classes first was more important," the motion states.

"Finally, defendant's counsel told the media today (October 13) that defendant had been living off the donated money and that it would soon run out," Klepper wrote in her motion, attributing the media comment to a Channel 5 News (KPHO-TV) article. "Based on these events, the state is concerned that defendant no longer has sufficient funds remaining from the online fundraiser to fund the trusts for the benefit of her children."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...onated_money_says_county_attorneys_office.php

Well now, with the plea deal gone, I suppose there might not be any incentive for her to "finish" the parenting classes that go until January. That is, unless she also risks having DCS remove the children again. The parenting classes almost certainly were part of the deal to return custody to her, in addition to being required by the court in the broken plea deal.

She may yet lose custody of those boys again (and IMO, maybe that would be best for them). She appears to be trying awfully hard to screw up all of her "second chances," IMO.

I really hope the prosecutor can talk about all of this uncooperativeness in court when the trial occurs. Does anyone know if that can be brought up in a criminal trial?

The Valley mother who left her young children in a hot car while she attended a job interview will be back in front of a judge Monday.

Her next court date is a Nov. 3 status conference before Judge Michael Kemp.

The state Department of Child Safety, formerly Child Protective Services, dropped and closed its case against Shanesha Taylor on Oct. 13.

"Officially, CPS is no longer in Miss Taylor's life," Benjamin Taylor said.

The case against Shanesha Taylor now proceeds as a normal case would. She'll now appear for a series a pre-trial hearings.

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/26771591/mom-who-left-kids-in-hot-car-back-in-court-today#ixzz3I1CLlJwa

Y'all need to listen to Barry Young's podcast, skip to minute 54. He's talking with local Phoenix activist, Reverend Jarrett Maupin. Reverend Maupin was a strong supporter and advocate for Shanesha, he took her under his wing and tried to help her.

Now he's absolutely disgusted with her. He admitted ALL her money is gone and she has absolutely nothing to show for it. He said she was hoping the judge would give her until January to put money in the trust so that she would have some time to hustle more online donations. I guess that's her long-term financial plan now.

Wait until you hear what he alleges she blew it on! SMDH.

Much more at link:

http://www.kfyi.com/media/podcast-t...rryyoungshw/barry-young-show-103014-25501703/

Y'all need to listen to Barry Young's podcast, skip to minute 54. He's talking with local Phoenix activist, Reverend Jarrett Maupin. Reverend Maupin was a strong supporter and advocate for Shanesha, he took her under his wing and tried to help her.

Now he's absolutely disgusted with her. He admitted ALL her money is gone and she has absolutely nothing to show for it. He said she was hoping the judge would give her until January to put money in the trust so that she would have some time to hustle more online donations. I guess that's her long-term financial plan now.

http://www.kfyi.com/media/podcast-t...rryyoungshw/barry-young-show-103014-25501703/

Can you clue us in?

Can you clue us in?

Studio time for her unemployed BF's upcoming rap album! :floorlaugh:

I wasn't trying to be coy, I just wasn't sure that I could post it here...

glad Maupin reversed his stance. Good that some people still do that when this crap happens and didn't let his pride get in the way. No sympathy for this woman ever from me, and just so sad for her kids.

:gaah:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much more at link:

The link doesn't have the podcast at it :( I really want to know how in the hell she could spend over 100,000 since April ( 7 months). She didn't even get the kids back till last month in October!! She wasn't caring for them!! She needs to be thoroughly investigated by the prosecutor so they can show just how she spent the money on whatever she did because it wasn't on the lawyer or the kids. She had to have spent OVER $10,000-$15,000 a month for the past 7 months!!

She needs to just skip the drama and go to jail (after a public trial where the truth comes out about what she has done). I want to know if she has been drug tested (because the youngest child was born with drugs in their system if I remember right). Something ain't right here.

Shame on her!!!! People gave her over $100,000 and a new chance in life and a second chance after risking her kids lives and she failed miserably!!

Unbelievable!!!! Out there pissing money away on a fool like that instead of providing for her children!! Just unfreakingbelievable!!

The link doesn't have the podcast at it :( I really want to know how in the hell she could spend over 100,000 since April ( 7 months). She didn't even get the kids back till last month in October!! She wasn't caring for them!! She needs to be thoroughly investigated by the prosecutor so they can show just how she spent the money on whatever she did because it wasn't on the lawyer or the kids. She had to have spent OVER $10,000-$15,000 a month for the past 7 months!!

She needs to just skip the drama and go to jail (after a public trial where the truth comes out about what she has done). I want to know if she has been drug tested (because the youngest child was born with drugs in their system if I remember right). Something ain't right here.

Shame on her!!!! People gave her over $100,000 and a new chance in life and a second chance after risking her kids lives and she failed miserably!!

It contains a 31 minute show for me. :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141