GUILTY AZ - Shanesha Taylor leaves kids in car during interview, Scottsdale, 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
K_Z in response to your post 279

That would have been the kind and thoughtful thing to do, wouldn't it? That selfish bish wouldn't even give any money to her own flesh and blood so I'm not in any way surprised she didn't reach out and pay it forward to her benefactor. Very telling that when Amanda dared express an opinion that Shanesha didn't care for she never heard from her again.

The list of people that helped her and in exchange for their kindness were lied to and/or treated badly only grows; Reverend Maupin, Benjamin Taylor, Amanda Bishop, Bill Montgomery, the Judge....

Now she has to get another attorney. I'm pretty doubtful that another pro bono attorney will step up.

If she can prove she is indigent, the court will appoint one (who would need weeks to months, I'm sure, to get up to speed defending her sorry self.). And if she is unwilling to PROVE she is indigent- and remember she just gave an interview that says she has $72K, then the judge will probably make her pay for her OWN attorney. And I'm sure we will hear even MORE whining about that.

But hey, she's no longer required to fund the trust funds for the kids, right? Which is exactly what she wanted, right? So let her use the donated money, whatever is left of it, to defend her sorry self. And I hope those kids are taken away from her, too.

RSBM Ha! I didn't think of that, great point! Double edged sword, eh? If she does have any money left it will end up going to an attorney. And if she doesn't have any money left she'll have to fess up that she blew it all and she perjured herself in court!

RSBM Ha! I didn't think of that, great point! Double edged sword, eh? If she does have any money left it will end up going to an attorney. And if she doesn't have any money left she'll have to fess up that she blew it all and she perjured herself in court!

Karma, eh?! It's a b!#@%!

Don't forget-- if there is any $$ left, it can be sheltered somewhere, like folded up in cash in the bottom of a MK purse, or a mother's bank account, etc. There are a million ways to hide $$, if one is inclined! The real question is whether the prosecutor will pile on more charges? I hope so.

I don't think the judge and prosecutor are going to be inclined to give her any more breaks or chances. I think there is some :jail: in Shanesha's future. She's clearly on a downward spiral of her own making, and jail time won't make her future any rosier. But equally clearly, she doesn't really care! The money was a more potent motivator for her than her kids lives or futures. She strikes me as someone who lives their life 10 min at a time.

I also don't think jail time will persuade her to change her behavior. She clearly doesn't think there is anything wrong with the choices she makes. I'm just sorry for her kids, being stuck with someone like her for a mother. I wish people like her would choose not to reproduce. Their selfish lives would be so much better for them without children, IMO.

Why does Shanesha act like if the kids don't go to college that they will never get the money?? The money would then be released at a later date. But she acts like it will be forever lost. She just does not want to lose control of it and her little "its everyone else's fault cuz i have just been doing everything" act is enough to make me :banghead:

Karma, eh?! It's a b!#@%!

Don't forget-- if there is any $$ left, it can be sheltered somewhere, like folded up in cash in the bottom of a MK purse, or a mother's bank account, etc. There are a million ways to hide $$, if one is inclined! The real question is whether the prosecutor will pile on more charges? I hope so.

I don't think the judge and prosecutor are going to be inclined to give her any more breaks or chances. I think there is some :jail: in Shanesha's future. She's clearly on a downward spiral of her own making, and jail time won't make her future any rosier. But equally clearly, she doesn't really care! The money was a more potent motivator for her than her kids lives or futures. She strikes me as someone who lives their life 10 min at a time.

I also don't think jail time will persuade her to change her behavior. She clearly doesn't think there is anything wrong with the choices she makes. I'm just sorry for her kids, being stuck with someone like her for a mother. I wish people like her would choose not to reproduce. Their selfish lives would be so much better for them without children, IMO.

BBM1 I have to say I honestly don't believe there is very much money left, if any. I tend to believe what the rev said about her blowing it all. Unfortunately I doubt she will be prosecuted for perjury if in fact it is proven she lied to the court, just my opinion...

BBM2 Totally agree, jail time won't change her behavior in the least. When I look at Shanesha's mugshot with tears streaming down her face, now I see it so differently than I did the first time I saw it. Now I see someone who is just pissed off at the injustices being inflicted upon her and the unfairness of it all. I see someone who isn't sorry about what she did, just sorry she got caught doing it and pissed that she was arrested because of it.

Why does Shanesha act like if the kids don't go to college that they will never get the money?? The money would then be released at a later date. But she acts like it will be forever lost. She just does not want to lose control of it and her little "its everyone else's fault cuz i have just been doing everything" act is enough to make me :banghead:

That's what I was wondering! So she wants us to believe that the judge put a caveat in his ruling that if the kids don't go to college the money would just go to...who? Who does she think it would go to? She's so ridiculous!

I have to wonder how much her substance abuse could be continuing to affect Shanesha's downward spiral, and her ongoing bad decisions.

In addition to parenting classes, she was ordered to complete a substance abuse program (multiple articles upthread cite this) as part of the plea deal that was rescinded. That means the history and evidence of Shanesha's substance abuse was thoroughly discussed by all of the attorneys and judge at the time the plea deal was being worked by her attorney, and a decision was made that she needed to attend and complete a SA program. No one is ordered to complete a substance abuse program who hasn't clearly demonstrated the ill effects of substance abuse-- that would be highly discriminatory. Additionally, the previously open CPS case on the kids, also discussed in MSM articles upthread, was related to the youngest one testing positive for illegal substances at birth. As I posted a long time ago, hospitals don't automatically test either mother or baby for illegal drugs. There has to be symptoms to justify testing the baby-- or a positive report from the mother.

I'm just looking for something to explain all of the colossally bad, defiant, and arrogant decisions made by this woman, and why she continues to put her custody of the kids in jeopardy--kids that she says she wants. She could very easily lose custody of the kids again-- facing potentially 18 months or more of jail time, etc.

Here is a link to the Register of Actions for Shanesha Taylor's criminal case:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2014-113297

Shanesha Shaine Taylor, DOB 1/ 79 Case # CR2014-113297-001

There was a conference Monday, and as of today there is an "under advisement" filing (a 926).

Benjamin Taylor is no longer listed as her attorney, and the Register lists "to be determined" under attorney. He said in interviews a few days ago that he had applied to withdraw from her case. It appears that his request to withdraw may have been granted.

ST has a pre-trial conference listed for Dec 3, and a trial date of Dec 10.

I'm guessing we will begin to hear more about who is going to represent her very soon. She will either privately retain an attorney, who will file that he/ she is representing her, or ST will have to ask for a court appointed attorney. If she asks for a court appointed attorney, she is going to have to reveal the state of her finances, and explain what happened to more than $104K. (An article upthread quotes the girl who started the donation fund as saying the fund managers take a percentage off the top, which she thought was about $10K, leaving ST with around $104K.)

I'm guessing the Dec 10 trial date will change, since she has no attorney, and it's less than 30 days to trial. But we'll see.

Civil right activist: I'm done with Shanesha Taylor

Civil rights activist Rev. Jarrett Maupin, who once led the charge to support Taylor, says he's done.

"The money is gone," Maupin said. "It's been spent. It's been wasted on designer clothes, Michael Kors."

"We want to see the bank statements because we see her in designer jeans, and we understand that she paid for studio time for her baby daddy's rap career," he continued. "I am flabbergasted by that."

Maupin says they have reports that Taylor spent $6,000 on studio time for the father of her children. He believes that the once-estranged father came back only after Taylor had the donated money.

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Civil-...-Shanesha-Taylor-282832791.html#ixzz3JC7utNzx

BBM. So now we have some idea of how much $$ was blown on the aspiring rapper/ baby daddy.

I doubt she's spent $6000 on the kids. (Remember THEM??)

Good to see the MSM has finally picked up the story from Jarett Maupin from the radio show of a week or so ago. I hope it goes national. Shanesha has no shame, but the public can learn from this story. This is a lesson for good and generous people on how to give responsibly, and what happens when impulsive giving goes terribly wrong. IMO.

AH-- the money must REALLY be completely gone. Check this out:

Taylor was assigned a public defender after her lawyers quite earlier this week.

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Civil-...-Shanesha-Taylor-282832791.html#ixzz3JC9thORn

The video is a must watch!

Civil right activist: I'm done with Shanesha Taylor

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Civil-...-Shanesha-Taylor-282832791.html#ixzz3JC7utNzx

BBM. So now we have some idea of how much $$ was blown on the aspiring rapper/ baby daddy.

I doubt she's spent $6000 on the kids. (Remember THEM??)

Good to see the MSM has finally picked up the story from Jarett Maupin from the radio show of a week or so ago. I hope it goes national. Shanesha has no shame, but the public can learn from this story. This is a lesson for good and generous people on how to give responsibly, and what happens when impulsive giving goes terribly wrong. IMO.

AH-- the money must REALLY be completely gone. Check this out:

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Civil-...-Shanesha-Taylor-282832791.html#ixzz3JC9thORn

:tyou: for posting this K_Z!

The tone of this article is more in line with how most of us here at WS feel about ST.

We are in agreement with the good Reverend. We are DONE!

Let's hope the trial proceeds, with no more deals or negotiations. The best interest of the children comes first and foremost. Anything less is criminal. :cow:

:busted:
:judge:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanesha Taylor Stiffs New Lawyer on Fees, Is Assigned a Public Defender | Phoenix New Times

Shanesha Taylor's second, non-crying, mugshot.

82df493b2d0f0d29e2fde63df948b60d.jpg

A judge has allowed two private lawyers to quit representing child-abuse suspect Shanesha Taylor, and has assigned a public defender to her renewed felony case.
One of the lawyers says Taylor stiffed him on his fees.

(snip)

But some of the donors are hoping for refunds now that Taylor has blown off the terms of her deal, resulting in the reinstatement of prosecution. Prosecutors had wanted her to put $60,000 of the found money in trust funds for her kids.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said last week her "games" undermined the statements she'd made to him about adhering to the deal. He gave her one more chance, agreeing that if she put just $40,000 in trusts for the kids by November 6, the deal would still be on.

"My patience is gone," he warned.

Taylor blew that deadline off, too. She gave interviews to the news media on Thursday, claiming she still had $72,000 of the money and declaring "I'm not some lazy bum sitting on the couch every day."

However, it's unclear how much donated money Taylor has left. The judge hasn't yet ruled on a prosecution motion that would require Taylor to reveal her bank statements.

As reported previously, Taylor allowed her financially irresponsible baby-daddy to move into her rental home, which she just furnished. Taylor claims she's been unable to find a job since March. But last week, community activist Jarrett Maupin, who helped negotiate the plea deal on behalf of Taylor, said on a local radio program that Taylor had failed to show up for job interviews he'd helped to arrange.

Taylor's flakiness left her lawyers frustrated, too.

Phoenix lawyer John Agra -- who had only been on the case for a few days -- said in a court motion that Taylor had "not fulfilled her financial obligations" to him.

On Monday, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Michael Kemp granted Agra's motion to withdraw from the case.

Kemp also granted a similar motion for the lawyer who helped negotiate the failed deferred-prosecution deal, Benjamin Taylor, who's also a lawyer for the NAACP. His motion to withdraw stated that he had an "ethical conflict" with Shanesha Taylor and that "a breakdown in communication and trust has occurred between (them)."

(snip)

Her trial's currently set for December 10, but that'll likely be delayed.

Judge Kemp noted in his Monday ruling that Taylor was found to be indigent at her initial appearance hearing, (which was before she raised the money.) But Kemp also suggested he may ask the Internet star to pitch in for her own defense at some point.

(Note: This story originally had a reference to the deal as a "plea deal." The county attorney's office notified us that it can't be called a plea deal because Taylor never had to plead to anything when she was offered the deferred-prosecution deal.)

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...yer_on_fees_is_assigned_a_public_defender.php

I really hope the prosecutor adds new charges. I'd like to see this woman have at least 3 or more years of jail or prison time. She needs a serious time out, and to be relieved of the responsibility and privileges of being a mother for a long while, IMO.

I was looking at twitter - and found a tweet from October 30th:

Tweet from @ReverendMaupin

@azcentral's @LaurieRoberts tells it like it is: http://t.co/WC12BfrzQj like the author of this story I'm furiously disappointed & let down.

http://twitter.com/ReverendMaupin/status/527916238882996224

----
The linked AZCentral story is an excellent read, even though it was two weeks ago.

Within the last week or so, ST has been tweeting a (self-proclaimed) "journo" (I've never heard of) about the AZ media smear campaign & the DA essentially high jacking funds that were donated without restriction (paraphrasing).

According to their dialogue, it was in the 70s on the day ST left her kids in the car and only in the 80s in the car. The reported 100 degree temps are lies. :thud: as if that makes what she did ok (leaving them unattended with the AC on is still a crime!!!! :gaah:

You can read this
:trainwreck:
for yourself:

http://twitter.com/shaneshataylor2
I found it via searching #shaneshataylor

I use echofon, so I'm able to "view conversation" between users.

You can't miss it, as it follows the most recent tweet asking for more online donations. :facepalm:

Mods, I hope this is ok to post.
I really believe ST hasn't changed one bit. She's receiving encouragement amidst the indignation, and she's not afraid to voice her position publicly.

:sigh:

I really would hope there are new charges as well. I'm not sure what they could be but I am all for it. I am just disgusted by her. I would also like for those who donated to be able to get their money back but I know it isn't likely. People gave from the goodness of their hearts, even though she had done an incredibly dangerous and cruel thing. Rather than be remorseful, thankful and wanting to live up to the faith that people had in her, she went the complete opposite route and she took advantage of that kindness and went and did even stupider things.

Whoa, the latest articles have been scathing. ST is no longer the media darling. K_Z great job on bringing the Reverend's radio interview to their attention!

Lol at ST accusing the media of dragging her good name through the mud. All they're doing is reporting the truth.

She sure looks extremely pissed and defiant in her latest mugshot, doesn't she?

Woman leaves young children alone in the car. Obviously not responsible behavior. Yet she is rewarded handsomely for no apparent reason by strangers donating money to her.
I don't know why anybody would be surprised by what transpired after that.

I want to know if she owes taxes on the money that was given to her. Anyone knows?

I really would hope there are new charges as well. I'm not sure what they could be but I am all for it. I am just disgusted by her. I would also like for those who donated to be able to get their money back but I know it isn't likely. People gave from the goodness of their hearts, even though she had done an incredibly dangerous and cruel thing. Rather than be remorseful, thankful and wanting to live up to the faith that people had in her, she went the complete opposite route and she took advantage of that kindness and went and did even stupider things.

I think People who gave would still be okay with it if the money actually benfititted her kids and not her own selfish behind. At least I like to believe they would.

I want to know if she owes taxes on the money that was given to her. Anyone knows?

Good question.

Is money donated thru the funding sites income to ST?
Let me find my earlier post on this. BRB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back