GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...what the H*** happened to this little boy...just unbelievable...

Hi, I'm new! As I read through the threads describing this poor little boy's situation, the ex-CPS worker in me stood at attention. I could be totally wrong, but I'm thinking this may be a case of the state utilizing CP (for better or worse, I understand) as a foster home/adoptive placement. Foster/adoptive families are scarce and relatives or friends with whom the child had close relationship are always considered first. I can also think of a case where, rather than go through a trial to terminate parental rights, the court agreed to placement with someone suggested by the bio parent. (ie I'll fight for my rights tooth and nail if you take me to court, but I'd be willing to do a "voluntary placement) with so and so).

Also, I don't know if it's okay to post this, but my first and stongest image when reading about the camping trip is that of a bad decision turned tragic. The child was reported missing on their second night, right? I am visualizing a first night filled with opened zippers (my son disassembed our front door lock with a screwdriver at two and a half lol), a bug- filled tent filled with cranky, sleepless grown-ups trying to keep a Wiley toddler safely inside, and a bad decision the next night to put him to sleep in the (dangerously hot) automobile, where he would be "safely" enclosed.
As I say, just my conjecture, not even sure if it was the kind of campground where the cars are at the campsites.

I sure hope for the best for everyone involved.

I searched and don't see her listed. I may be spelling the last name wrong! I pray Sylar is alive. Unfortunately, I have a very bad feeling he isn't. Now that they have stated they think he is dead, why aren't they turning the pressure on and get these people talking. I can't believe biomom is still speaking highly of the last people to see him alive. They failed to protect him IMO.:furious:

Hi, I'm new! As I read through the threads describing this poor little boy's situation, the ex-CPS worker in me stood at attention. I could be totally wrong, but I'm thinking this may be a case of the state utilizing CP (for better or worse, I understand) as a foster home/adoptive placement. Foster/adoptive families are scarce and relatives or friends with whom the child had close relationship are always considered first. I can also think of a case where, rather than go through a trial to terminate parental rights, the court agreed to placement with someone suggested by the bio parent. (ie I'll fight for my rights tooth and nail if you take me to court, but I'd be willing to do a "voluntary placement) with so and so).

Also, I don't know if it's okay to post this, but my first and stongest image when reading about the camping trip is that of a bad decision turned tragic. The child was reported missing on their second night, right? I am visualizing a first night filled with opened zippers (my son disassembed our front door lock with a screwdriver at two and a half lol), a bug- filled tent filled with cranky, sleepless grown-ups trying to keep a Wiley toddler safely inside, and a bad decision the next night to put him to sleep in the (dangerously hot) automobile, where he would be "safely" enclosed.
As I say, just my conjecture, not even sure if it was the kind of campground where the cars are at the campsites.

I sure hope for the best for everyone involved.

Hi Hejlena, Welcome to WS!

Your thought about putting Sylar in the car to sleep really stands out. Though why without an adult? I've slept in a car camping but up in Wisconsin so it wasn't that hot.....

Does anyone know if it would be that hot that far north in AZ this time of year?

I too hope for the best for all involved.

Again - Welcome to WS!

I searched and don't see her listed. I may be spelling the last name wrong! I pray Sylar is alive. Unfortunately, I have a very bad feeling he isn't. Now that they have stated they think he is dead, why aren't they turning the pressure on and get these people talking. I can't believe biomom is still speaking highly of the last people to see him alive. They failed to protect him IMO.:furious:

The comment was left at 8:54pm...http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/syler-newton-search-continues-08022010
The search site for YCSO http://apps.co.yavapai.az.us/inmatesearch/InmateSearchYC.asp was last updated at 9:01pm...so she should be showing up in the search pretty soon, if she has indeed been arrested.

Is what time is it in AZ? I can't remember if they are 2 or 3 hrs. behind me.
Just wondering since the late local news should be on or coming on soon.

Hi Hejlena, Welcome to WS!

Your thought about putting Sylar in the car to sleep really stands out. Though why without an adult? I've slept in a car camping but up in Wisconsin so it wasn't that hot.....

Does anyone know if it would be that hot that far north in AZ this time of year?

I too hope for the best for all involved.

Again - Welcome to WS!

I live 10 minutes or so from the campground and it has been 100+ degrees during the day on my back patio for the last few weeks. However, it gets down in the 70's at night, a little cooler along the rivers/creeks.

Is what time is it in AZ? I can't remember if they are 2 or 3 hrs. behind me.
Just wondering since the late local news should be on or coming on soon.

9:15 pm in AZ right now.

Unless they are keeping her arrest hush-hush for now.

But she has to be booked...right? How can they keep that hush-hush:waitasec: But you could certainly be correct.
If she has been arrested I hope they are pressing her hard for the truth.

Thank you, 12:19 am here, please post any breaking news if you are watching.
Thanks!

Most definitely! I have it on and will post anything new that I hear.

Do we know who was at the campground that night? Can someone just give me a list?

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: This link: http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=37640 says it was the adoptive mom, the adoptive grandma and 3 kids. Do we know how old those 3 kids were?

IIRC, there was 1-12 year old girl, the daughter of CP, there was 1-14 year old boy, the son of CP and then there was another 14 year old boy who was a friend of the 14 yr old son of CP, but IMO there had to be someone else that showed up that night if LE is saying that Sylar left the are but they do not know if he was dead or alive....I would imagine we will get the name of that person soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove