GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. Times have changed then! The experience of a friend I was talking about was over 20 yrs ago.

On a personal note: I don't think that mandating sterilization for anyone is okay. It opens the doors to abuse by local, state and federal govn's.

But that's just my personal opinion, and as always I respect everyone else's opinion here :)

I am in no way taking up at all for CN but my daughter currently works for Medicaid and food stamps in our state, and CN is not eligible for those services, unless you are blind or pregnant you are not eligible for benefits and also if you have EVER had a felony arrest and conviction you are never eligible for benifits...SO unless a Dr and hospital agree to donate there services for free there is not any state that will pay for it.. although she may be able to get some assistance from planned parenthood...

Unfortunately, she could qualify for medicare or medicaid if she is disabled due to her "disabilities"...at least in my state. I work in the healthcare field and being an alcoholic can qualify you for a little check and free healthcare. I know a 25 yom that qualified for disability because of his "knees" being bad. He got a little check (he didn't hardly ever work to pay much into it), his kid got a little check and they all got medicaid!! Of course a railroad job came along and he suddenly wasn't disabled anymore! Also, my sisters hubby lost his job...the whole family (3 of them) got medicaid and food stamps. The rules have changed as far as medicaid evidentally. I can't speak for another state but my state seems to just hand it on over anymore. The lazier and crazier you are the better. =( I can almost bet she has free healthcare with her frequent hospitalizations. Unfortunately I am not sure that she is using it to her benefit and getting the help she needs or just pill seeking. None the less, the psych doctors really failed Sylar but I truly blame social services...they knew she had him, knew the history of giving up kids and never once wondered where he was in the 1 1/2 year porky pig ended up with him!

I had a tubal ligation after my second child was born. The reason I wanted one was because I had 3 miscarriages prior to both of my children being born. I had a difficult time with both pregnancies (my second was supposed to be fraternal twins, but one sac fizzled away early in the pregnancy). I was also 35 at the time and I just felt like I was just lucky to have the two that the good Lord gave me. I had to sign a consent form and my OB/GYN asked me no less than 3 times if I was sure that's what I wanted to do.

Unfortunately, no one can force CN to have her tubes tied and it's not against the law to keep popping kids out and give them away as long as your body is willing and able. I don't know a whole lot about mental disorders other, but I've heard of women that are addicted to pregnancy. Most of them are just as addicted to actually taking care of them and nurturing them. Maybe CN is addicted to pregnancy, or maybe not. We all know she's not addicted to taking care of them. I'm curious if the circumstances of her previous adoptions of her children were the same as Sylar. Or if she went through a reputable adoption agency. I don't know if I missed that or if someone else can enlighten me, but I just wonder why she didn't chose to give Sylar up in a similar manner as the other children (assuming she gave them up through reputable means).

Charity was asked on the Discussion board of the Find Syler Newton FB page about her other children. The topic is Questions for Charity NOT BASHING and she posts a couple of times there.

Good luck to anyone trying to decipher her post. (if you do, can you explain it to me?)

Every time I read one of her 'explanations' I get angry - does she really not realize that she contradicts herself?

My Aunt gets food stamps and social security and prescription assistance, possibly Medicaid as well.

She goes to a doctor every few weeks that says "Yep, you are still crazy..." and that's the end of that.

The other government things I don't know about, but you CAN get unemployment as a felon. I know that much.

Unfortunately, she could qualify for medicare or medicaid if she is disabled due to her "disabilities"...at least in my state. I work in the healthcare field and being an alcoholic can qualify you for a little check and free healthcare. I know a 25 yom that qualified for disability because of his "knees" being bad. He got a little check (he didn't hardly ever work to pay much into it), his kid got a little check and they all got medicaid!! Of course a railroad job came along and he suddenly wasn't disabled anymore! Also, my sisters hubby lost his job...the whole family (3 of them) got medicaid and food stamps. The rules have changed as far as medicaid evidentally. I can't speak for another state but my state seems to just hand it on over anymore. The lazier and crazier you are the better. =( I can almost bet she has free healthcare with her frequent hospitalizations. Unfortunately I am not sure that she is using it to her benefit and getting the help she needs or just pill seeking. None the less, the psych doctors really failed Sylar but I truly blame social services...they knew she had him, knew the history of giving up kids and never once wondered where he was in the 1 1/2 year porky pig ended up with him!

My mother although in Montana, is schizophrenic. She gets food stamps, cash, and medical and has no children to support. When she came to Arizona for a short time she was going to apply here for the same.

A little more info on this
From what my mom told me she gets social security from federal, since this is her only income she is automatically eligible for food stamps, and her medical is medicaid or medicare now, but she is older, I think when she was younger it was through the state. When she came to visit and possibly stay she was eligible for all the same here in AZ. As for Charity being eligible, as long as she is actually diagnosed, and goes through the courts for SS, she would be eligible. But its not that easy a process, and without support its real hard for somone with actual serious mental illness to maneuver through the government hops. I doubt she has done any of this.

Also, I think CN probably does have a serious mental disorder but you are probably also right about her not going through the process to apply for assistance. It would not take much effort at all to clear up the fund-raising questions but instead she makes crazy claims about bills from the medical examiner and death threats to the funeral home! WTHeck?!

I think people are way too hard on Charity. She is still young and she is struggling with various issues, including mental illness. I think she cared very much for Sylar and I can imagine how much she is suffering knowing what happened to him. She probably also blames herself a lot for mistakes she has made that led to his demise. I think she needs help and support rather than criticism. When it comes to Christina though, I have no sympathy for her.

I think people are way too hard on Charity. She is still young and she is struggling with various issues, including mental illness. I think she cared very much for Sylar and I can imagine how much she is suffering knowing what happened to him. She probably also blames herself a lot for mistakes she has made that led to his demise. I think she needs help and support rather than criticism. When it comes to Christina though, I have no sympathy for her.

I think alot of the hateful comments left for her are harsh. I dont think being young and mental ill is that much of an excuse because she is capable of making choices. She knows the difference between right and wrong.

I really think her problem is more selfish laziness then I do anything else. Even the mental issues. Those are important but mainly I think she is lazy first. I think she just waits for things to happen or fall into place. I dont think she wants to be responcible for anything good or bad ,or a plant ,a dog or a kid. I think she knows she is at fault but it is more her inaction that leads her there then direct intentions.

I dont think her family is supportive. I think they got tired of her drama a long time ago. Maybe they didnt know she was mental.

A little more info on this
From what my mom told me she gets social security from federal, since this is her only income she is automatically eligible for food stamps, and her medical is medicaid or medicare now, but she is older, I think when she was younger it was through the state. When she came to visit and possibly stay she was eligible for all the same here in AZ. As for Charity being eligible, as long as she is actually diagnosed, and goes through the courts for SS, she would be eligible. But its not that easy a process, and without support its real hard for somone with actual serious mental illness to maneuver through the government hops. I doubt she has done any of this.

I think that maybe Charity has a larger support network now than she ever has had before. I hope that they can help her through the process to get Social Security, it really sounds like something she would probably be eligible for and needs very much.

I don't know if she is planning to return to IL, but I'm also hoping that Charity is able to receive psych/counseling services while she is here, if she wants them. I don't know if she was receiving counseling services in IL, but with everything that has happened I think they could really help. Even with all the caring people around her it kinda would worry me if she were not seeing a professional.

I totally agree. They have everyone and their brother accepting donations, running car washes....all the things you mentioned. If there are no expenses for Charity to be responsible for, then all this could be cleared up by saying to make a donation to NCMEC in Sylar's name. It makes no sense to set up a bank account for expenses that are not even going to have to be paid for by her (funeral, etc.) with the leftovers going to NCMEC when people could just donate there without going through all the bank stuff.

Hi Taminator,

From what I just read on the FB it sounds like she is saying that it is for his memorial service.

A poem just came to mind.... and I apologize but it just is how I feel...

Oh! what a tangled web we weave; When first we practise to deceive!

As many say here my Hinky meter is going off big time....

Yes she needs help I agree -- as far as feeling badly for her decision I would say that's 'justified' and hopefully she will learn from it -- it will be interesting if she's charged with child endangerment.

Yes she needs help I agree -- as far as feeling badly for her decision I would say that's 'justified' and hopefully she will learn from it -- it will be interesting if she's charged with child endangerment.

Had to check that out to see what exactly that means legally. This is what I found:
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03619.htm
13-3619. Permitting life, health or morals of minor to be imperiled by neglect, abuse or immoral associations; classification

A person having custody of a minor under sixteen years of age who knowingly causes or permits the life of such minor to be endangered, its health to be injured or its moral welfare to be imperiled, by neglect, abuse or immoral associations, is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.

Had to check that out to see what exactly that means legally. This is what I found:
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03619.htm

You can be charged for leaving them with your boyfriend who has a previous child abuse charge. You knowingly endangered them.

I absolutely think they COULD charge Charity with child endangerment. She left Sylar with someone who had previous child neglect/endangerment or abuse charges. Knowing that woman had a violent sister.

Do I think they WILL charge her??? No.

You can be charged for leaving your 2 year old home alone with your 12 or 14 year old. You knowingly endangered them.

I can tell you right now I would have MUCH preferred that Tina's daughter be taking care of Sylar (which she probably was much of the time.) I am quite certain that she is the reason he lived as long as he did.

I hope that Tina's kids can move past this and I hope especially her daughter, doesn't blame herself.

Charity is 26 years old, which IMO is plenty old enough to know where babies come from and why. At what point do you start to take responsibility for creating yet another life you cannot support? She reportedly suffers from depression - as does a rather large portion of the population, evidenced by the number of antidepressant ads one sees in a typical day. I don't think that automatically renders a person incapable of conducting one's self as a responsible adult.

And yes, I know I'm a big ol' meanie. But while I do have sympathy for anyone who loses a child, in this case my heart breaks mostly for poor little Sylar, who had no choice in the matter. I can only hope that whatever his manner of death that he did not suffer. :(

As for Tina, there aren't enough swear words. :furious:

I am in no way taking up at all for CN but my daughter currently works for Medicaid and food stamps in our state, and CN is not eligible for those services, unless you are blind or pregnant you are not eligible for benefits and also if you have EVER had a felony arrest and conviction you are never eligible for benifits...SO unless a Dr and hospital agree to donate there services for free there is not any state that will pay for it.. although she may be able to get some assistance from planned parenthood...

If she is disabled through SSA she is going to be getting medicaid and in some states food stamps in others SSI depending on if she is working and what she earns. No matter what. Oh and Medicare paid for by the federal government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne